Charting only the dates shown

I am using Excel 2007 and have a chart of dates and accompanying data. Excel
is being very nice and adding in all the missing dates for me. I do not want
it to do this. How can I tell Excel to just plot the data that it sees
thankyouverymuch?

Basically I am plotting a burndown chart and am excluding weekends because
no work is done at that time. Excel adds in the weekend dates.
0
Ivan9866 (38)

Right click the axis, choose Format. Find where there are the three choices
for axis type: Automatic, Text, and Date. Change to Text and Excel will no
longer try to make a complete set of dates.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Ivan" <Ivan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Excel 2007 and have a chart of dates and accompanying data.
>Excel
> is being very nice and adding in all the missing dates for me. I do not
> want
> it to do this. How can I tell Excel to just plot the data that it sees
> thankyouverymuch?
>
> Basically I am plotting a burndown chart and am excluding weekends because
> no work is done at that time. Excel adds in the weekend dates.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Please help!! I cannot change the Date and Time of my laptop (XP)
As soon as I double click on the time displayed on the right corner (or right click "adjust date and time") the small date time windows pops up for a fraction of a second, and then closes itself. Same is with the task manager!! :( Please Help As Soon As Possible. Thanks -- Kabiraaa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kabiraaa's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/230270.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1344853.htm http://forums.techarena.in On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 02:08:31 -0500, Ka...

can you link a pivot chart from excel to powerpoint
Can anyone tell me if you can link a pivot table chart from excel to powerpoint while keeping all the drop down functionality of the pivot chart or likewise I have some charts that I have attached control boxes to which help the user select the data they wish to see and the chart updates with whatever data selection they choose when I paste-special this into powerpoint even though its liked the functionality of the control box goes. I believe the answer is no, but have you tried using hyperlinks in Powerpoint to bring up the Excel graph itself during the presentation. it is easy to s...

Excel (2007) Chart Refuses to Accept More Data Points
I have a simple chart set up that references data points which are vertically ten spaces apart. The chart has worked fine for months. However, when I went to update it with another series point today it simply will not "OK" the extra point. I click enter, I click okay, and NOTHING. It's not just one chart that this is happening with, either. In the same file I have another chart that references another point that is spaced like the previous one but I have the same problem. I've never had this happen before and tooling around with it hasn't yielded any fruit. Some sa...

How do I use same date parameters for different queries and report
I'm having the same problem as Gavelle described below. That is: I've followed the advice and set up a form to have my queries and reports pick the dates from the form. But the queries/reports are still asking me to enter the beginning and ending date parameters for each query/report. Also, when i set up the form it runs the query correctly. But when i try to run the query (or report based off the query) I only get a general parameter box stating Enter Parameter Value "forms!FORMNAME!StartDate and another for the end date. Everything in my query criteria is typed correc...

Chart Goal Lines
How do I add a goal line on my charts using Office 2007? HTH: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineHorzSeries.html Micky "Office User" wrote: > How do I add a goal line on my charts using Office 2007? ...

Transparency graphic option not working on Excel Charts?
Can anyone help me to turn on the "transparency" option for Excel Charts? In each type of chart I select and then try to create a transparent color... there is the option, but it's not available for me to use. Is there a way to turn this on? Hi, Transparency is not support in windows based XL. I think the Mac guys have it. Here is a work around from John Walkenbach, that might be useful. http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm Charles wrote: > Can anyone help me to turn on the "transparency" option for Excel Charts? In > each type of chart I sele...

Word 2007 | Original 'Created Date'
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to obtain the original created date of a document that I download on a machine from the intranet. It currently picks up the date the document is downloaded, rather than the actual date that it was created (and uploaded). This is a bit critical for me, and I would appreciate any and every pointer to get an answer for this please. Many thanks, Karan You can get the original creation date stored in the document - which may or may not be the same thing: The document probably has a date field which shows the system date. What you ...

date comparision
pls help me out i have the data as below START DT(A1), END DT(B1), QUARTERLY COMMISSION DT. (C1, D1.....) A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 G1 06.01.10 30.01.11 06.04.10 06.07.10 06.10.10 06.01.11 EXPIRD HERE I WANT TO HAVE A FORMULA TO DRAG FROM C1 TILL I GET "expird" (WHEREIN I SHOULD GET THE DATES FOR EVERY QUARTER FROM THE START DT. TILL THE EXPIRY DT. AS ABOVE) I HAVE USED THE BELOW FORMULA BUT THERE ARE ERRORS PLEASE CORRECT AND HELP ME IF(DATE(YEAR(C2),MONTH(C2)...

Pie Chart Data Labels #4
I've created a pie chart that shows the Category name in the default location (outside of the pie chart itself). That's the easy part. I need to show the Value but do not want that Value to appear after the Category name. I want the Value to overlay its respective pie wedge, like the Column chart, which places the Value over each column (which can be moved and edited independently.) On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Jake <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I've created a pie chart that shows the Category name in the default >locat...

Adding date and time to cell programatically?
Hi all, i have been trying to check a cell that contains NOW() for a time and populate another cell based on an evaluation of a formula with a concatenation that looks like NOW(). I need to put a certain date AND a certain time in a cell but it can't be text as the cell is used by the network for PI tag data retrival, as you can see from the coe i have tried a number of things, the cell is custom formatted to dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm. Any ideas? VBA Code: -------------------- Sub Formula_Add() Dim eformula, d As Date, MyTime, MyTime1 Application.ScreenU...

How can I add the values based the color of font and the date
Hello, I wanted to know if it was possible to add the values of cells based on the color of font. And while doing this I also need it to do it based on the date in another cell. Example: Sheet 1 Qty Date Cell A1 288 (blue) Cell B1 4/13/2010 Cell A2 190 (red) Cell B2 4/13/2010 Cell A3 400 (blue) Cell B3 4/13/2010 " " 350 (red) " " 4/13/2010 " " 540 (blue) " " 4/12/2010 " " 1...

Unable To Create Simple Chart
background: I import data into my excel worksheet from a call logging database and use excel to create graphs for statistics etc, this works fine, however I want to generate a graph that shows the call resolution times i.e the amount of hours/min between a call being logged and closed. I have generated the resolution times using formula to calculate the difference between two dates/times. Problem: I select the data range and click on the create chart button, but no matter what chart type I select, the graph is pretty much blank with just a single figure/value showing "1". ...

Goto Cell With Today's Or Other Date
In a worksheet with a long list of dates (all in one column), how to go to the cell containing a specific date? a) today's date (using TODAY() reference?) b) another, specified date -- Thanx. JR YOu should be more specific on what you need. So this is what I suggest 1) use autofilter (Data/Filter/Autofilter) and pick the specific data or pick form custom and specify which date/dates you want 2) Use advanced filter (move your list a few rows down, put the same heading on the top of your list, leave a few rows blank and type the dates you need to filter out) - D...

Date that does not update
I am trying to use the =NOW() or =Today() formulas to track changes to a sheet. When A1 is not blank, I need B1 to display the current date and time (and repeat down B:B). The problem is I can't have the formula update once the date is there. It would be too much work in this situation to use ctrl+shift+; or past values. -- Mike You can use a worksheet_event macro in the sheet code of the active sheet. When do you want this update to occur. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft....

Dates appear incorrect in CRM 4.0
I wasted a fair bit of time over this problem, so thought I would post this note in case anyone else encounters the same issue. (I understand this is only an issue in certain locations that have gone off daylight saving time, including some states of Australia). Since yesterday dates (e.g. modifiedon) had appeared incorrect in CRM 4.0 - in fact they appeared as UTC date (and time) even through a time zone was set for the user. Setting non-Australian time zones displayed the correct date, however Australian time zones reverted to UTC time. I eventually discovered this is a known pro...

Problem with stacked column chart
I'm using Excel 2003. I have basically 2 sets of data, the 1st is a total count of people and the other set is a breakdown of the total count into 5 subcategories. I have a stacked column chart with a weekly category axis that has the 5 categories and the total all in one column per week. However, the count is off because it's adding the total and the 5 subcategories. I only want the series value to be the total. For example, if my total is 500 then it is showing 1000 for the series value because it's adding the total and the subcategories (subcategories always add ...

Access chart starts with too early a start date
I have created a horizontal stacked bar chart on a form in Access 2007, where the horizontal axis is a date. The start date covers the length the first part of the bar, and the stacked part is the number of days to add to it, so essentailly it shows a date range. The dates that I am testing with go from Mar - Aug 2010, but the chart starts at Dec 09. How can I make it pick up the earliest date in my query as the date to start the chart with, other than going into chart design and forcing a minimum value on the horizontal axis scale? e.g. the huge gap before 1 Mar shows up: ...

"Broken" chart axis for data of different scales
How do I divide a chart axis into two different sets of values to display information of different scales? Charlie, Please see these sites for detailed instructions: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html http://andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/broken_y_axis/index.html ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Charlie" wrote: > How do I divide a chart axis into two different sets of values to display > information of different scales? Charlie, In addition to the broken Y axis, you can disp...

Need a method to Dynamicly change the X axis Scale on a chart. #2
I dynamically change the amount of data on a chart. This causes the X axis Scale to either to either show too few values or too many values ( a solid black line if too many). I would like a method to dynamically change the scale values in relation to the data span. Joe - Do you want to limit the number of points displayed? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 Or do you want to link the axis scales to something you calculate in the sheet? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/SwitchXYAxes.zip - Jon ----...

bar chart with dates on the x-axis
Hi. I am trying to create a stacked bar chart from data that has dates as its values. I need the dates to be values because they will be calculated based on certain conditions. Specifically, I am creating a vaccine scheduler for nurses to use to determine a child's date ranges for receiving individual innoculations in each vaccine series as calculated from the childs date of birth and what innoculations they have already received. I would like my x-axis to be a dates, my y-axis to be vaccines (e.g. MMR, Polio, etc.), and the bars would show the range of dates for which an innoc...

Price History Chart
The data is here in Price History, why can't Money chart it for me? Am I missing something? for Money 2004? The default chart only shows a fixed time. If you right click and add the chart to your favorites, you should be able to customize the date range. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially i...

Legend in x-y Scatter chart does not show marker
I have an Excel program, created with Excel 2002. All is fine. Transferred to Office 2007. Now, in the charts (x-y scatter charts with two data sets each) the data set markers do not show up in the legend. Is this a known Beta error? Am using Beta 2 Tech Refresh. Is there a work-around? Any help would be appreciated. Peter K. Hi, Markers not being displayed in the legend is a non bug that is reported fixed in the latest builds. Only work around I can think of, although I not at a pc I can test this on, is to build you own legend using data labels that display the legend key. Alt...

Duplicate invoice numbers and invoice dates
Accounts Payable should alert for duplicate invoice numbers within the same vendor only if the invoice date is the same. Or, at least allow us to select that as an option in set up. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolu...

change axis info on radar charts
How do I get all axis on a radar chart to to display the axis numbers (for each axis individaully). Secondly, how does one get a radar chard with the various axis in different scales (ie Axis 1 scale 1 to 10, Axis2 scale 0 to 10 000, Axis3 scale 0 to 0.5) Alfred - Look for Radar Charts on Tushar Mehta's web site, http://tushar-mehta.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ alfred wrote: > How do I get all axis on a radar chart to to display the axis numbers (for > each axis i...

Chart-VBA add-in
I see a lot of geniuses giving advise and their web sites with excellent material. Why dont we all create "The" charting add-in? I got many useful routines and an interface for something I call the "Chart Loopster" [under development] but am too busy [software is my hobby, not profession] and do not have the incredible genius of the MVPs. Do you think you could seamlessly add to my book for absolute novices in Excel-- http://vgupta1000.tripod.com/Vol_1_2.zip ? Something on custom charts, dynamic charts, but nothing too complex... If there were one "genius", t...