charting date and time data (every minute type)

hello
i have a minute by minute data of certain measurements, which i
wouldlike to go on my x-axis with the y-axis being the measurement
value.
this data goes on for a series of days, with certain breaks of few
minutes in them (mostly due to instrument maintenance)
when i do chart this data, excel ignores the gap in data and thus i get
a erronous display.
also the x-axis doesnt show the date or th time, just 0:00:00

help would be appreciated

thanks

---

Use a XY Scatter chart and you will get the desired effect.  If you
still don't, it is probably caused by the date-time data being text
values and not date-time values as XL understands.  But, try the XY
Scatter first and if it doesn't work post back and someone should be
able to help with the date-time as text problem.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <econair.116cey@excelforum-nospam.com>, econair
<<econair.116cey@excelforum-nospam.com>> says...
> hello
> i have a minute by minute data of certain measurements, which i
> wouldlike to go on my x-axis with the y-axis being the measurement
> value.
> this data goes on for a series of days, with certain breaks of few
> minutes in them (mostly due to instrument maintenance)
> when i do chart this data, excel ignores the gap in data and thus i get
> a erronous display.
> also the x-axis doesnt show the date or th time, just 0:00:00
>
> help would be appreciated
>
> thanks

> ---

How to select series in chart?

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Multiple stacked bar charts

transparent areas in charts?

printing 2 charts on single page

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

Dates #9

Qrp Date functions

date tracking

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Short time vs short date

question about Time

Time Clock Systems
Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates well with GP? On Oct 5, 10:20 am, kcd <k...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates > well with GP? We just implemented Time Matrix by Business Computers (www.business- computers.com) and are very happy with it. We implemented quickly the hardware wasn't propietary or complicated so we were able to source our own stuff. Troy I can speak highly of Unitime's time and attendance system. They are a relatively low cost solution t...

Date Calculation

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...

Macro