Charting data by date

Hi, I'm new to Excell 2002, and have made worksheets with data
refreshed from the Web. However I can't get it to show up on a chart
with dates on the X axis. Have the axis formatted OK, but how does it
collect its data?
Have tried a simple worksheet with manually entered data & the dates
entered in column A, but still can't get a chart to work.
...June.
0
junking (1)

Jon Peltier has a charting tutorial that may help you get started:

   http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html

When you manually enter data and dates, what problems do you have with
the chart?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Macro or Formula needed to search data in cells
Hi I am looking for a way to create a formula/macro to do the following: My worksheet setup: A1:A30000 C1:C5000 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 01 04 05 06 08 09 12 22 23 27 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 01 03 05 06 07 08 09 14 22 32 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 etc Each cell contains a 10 number sequence. The range A1:A30000 is my randomly generated sequence. And C1:5000 is my database of archived sequences. If I wish to check if the combination in cell A1 is anywhere in the range C1:5000. I use the formula. =IF(COU...

Dynamic Bar of Pie Chart: Series1 Label & Value Issue
I have created a Bar of Pie chart and everything works great. I even have named ranges on my data so that the bar portion automatically updates when the data changes. However the Series1 Label on the pie itself does not change to reflect the new total so that it is the sum of all the values in the right column below. Does that make sense? I have one series and my data looks like this: Contracts 100 Name1 100 Name2 150 Name3 200 Name4 75 Name5 50 Name6 25 The pie portion has Contracts & Other as labels with the totals of...

Convert Date YYYYMMDD
Hi All, I need to convert using a query the date format from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYYMMDD. How do I do this? Thanks Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200803/1 Format([YourDateField], "yyyymmdd") -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "mattc66 via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > Hi All, > > I need to convert using a query the date format from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYYMMDD. > > How do I do this? > > Thanks > Matt > > -- >...

Search for data in a column bring all related items in other colum
I have data in the excel sheet with .A column for OrderNo and B Column for items for that Order. A B ORD001 ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 ORD002 ITEM4 ITEM1 ITEM5 There are more than thousand orders.I want search for an Order so that it brings all items with it. I cannot use filter in A column as it doesn't recognise blank cell.So Option to repeat order nos in A for every item involves a lot of data entry. Any Solution ? I'd fill those empty cells in column a with the previous value. And us...

how do I get more than 19 bars on a bar chart
Hi! I have three columns of data each containing 84 entries. These are grouped in threes, and I wish to create a bar chart to show the comparison between groups A, B and C. I use the chart wizard, create a bar chart, then create the series. Then for each series I go down the column with CTRL held down, selecting each third entry. This is fine for 19 entries, but when I click to select entry no. 20, the series clears itself. If I highlight 20 entries and then click on Insert/chart, I get the message 'Series formula is too long'. Can anyone explain please how to over come t...

Why does linked data from blank cells become a zero?
When linking data within the same workbook (to different tabs) any cell that is empty - shows up in the new tab as a ZERO (0).....what am I doing wrong? I want those cells to remain blank. That's just the way it is .. Instead of : =Sheet2!A1 you could use an error trap: =IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1) Alternatively, we could suppress the display of extraneous zeros in the entire sheet via: Click Tools > Options > View tab > Uncheck "Zero values" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot&g...

Date chart formula question?!?1
Hi all, In a very old spread sheet i was using this formula =IF(OR(AND($D7<G$6,$E7>F$6),AND(F$6>=$D7,F$6<=$E7)),".","") and it worked for dates pre 2009. However, i now wish to use it for dates between 2010 - 2011. Each column represent a week and the rows will indicate and project or task. can anyone help? There is nothing it that formula that will make it work for pre-2009 and not for later years. Perhaps you need to look at your data values? If you have a problem, you could tell us what values are being fed into the formula when it works...

How change dimensions of data label text box in pie chart?
In Excel 2003, I can't seem to re-shape the data labels text boxes in my pie chart. I can change the font and allignment of the text within the text box. But, if the text defaults onto two or three lines, I cannot stretch the text box out to get the text to stay on one line. Normally, you can pull on the the little handles on the text box. Is there a trick to this that I don't know about? This is a deficiency in Excel's charting capabilities. The text elements seem like regular text boxes, but you are unable to resize or reshape them. Even VBA can't do this. The workar...

Getting data point from an accel chart
I have an excel chart that I want to get the data points(x,y) from. The source data refers to cells in the same sheet, but I don't see any cell in that work sheet. Only the chart. I can run the cursor over the line and get the x,y coordinates for each point. I would like to copy the x,y values, to reproduce the curve in another program ...

Area, perimeter, and color in shape data
Hi everyone, I have Visio Professional 2007. First, I don't have great skill yet in making shape data. But also, I would like to have the following data show in the shape data for various geometrical shapes (like squares, rectangle, or circles, for example): - the area of the shape - the perimeter of the shape - the color of the shape Now, I understand that I can go to Tools > Add-Ons > Visio Extras > Shape Area and Perimeter to get the first two items. I also know that this information will change dynamically as I alter the shape. So far, so good. ...

ADDITIONAL INFO RE: Data execution prevention
Since my last post, I have some additional info that might help someone get an insight as to what the problem may actually be. First, I went to start/run and put in "sfc /scannow", and let it run fully. Everything copacetic there. The I checked Admin. tools for the read-out. Under the "Error" heading was this info: Faulting Application rundll32.exe version 5.1.2600.5512, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0. fault address0x00000000 Clicking on the "Online Help" link brought up a blank page - no help. Hoping some terrifically insightful MV...

Filtering Excel 2003 Charts to a date range
I have multiple charts that we look for trends on over 1-2 year time frames. Is it possible to have a chart show all the data that has been entered and when looking at the chart have a date range data to format that range differently. What I am trying to do is we have weekly or montly meetings, in these meetings I would like to show all the additional data differently that has been added since our last meeting, while showing accumulative data in a different format. The easiest way to get different formats is to use different series. If you had one series, you could use autofiltering to...

Trying to automatically import specific data from Excel into Word:
Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this: I'll start by explaining the spreadsheet I created in Excel (an inventory / information worksheet): It is pretty simple; approximately 12 columns. The key column is the item number / UPC / bar code number, then after that there are various information columns including item name, description, condition, picture links, etc. Secondly, I created a template Microsoft Word document that is relatively long, but will have a few lines (give or take...about 7) customized for each item on the inventory. What I am trying to d...

CRM Integration: data doesn't go from CRM to GP
I'm setting up CRM integration for GP. Setup went ok, data migration from GP to CRM ok. When I add data to GP, it copies to CRM ok. I can't seem to get any CRM data to copy to GP. No messages in event viewer. Services are all started (according to documentation) successfully. I'm pretty sure I've configured properly in Settings and Admin tool. My IntegrationUser account is a member of all the required groups. I've turned on 'create customers always' to test, so I should create customers in GP whenever I create an account in CRM, but that's not happe...

Data was deleted and saved by mistake..need to go back
I need to go back to the data before it was saved, can anyone help Richard don't get your hopes up. Unless you have a copy or a backup ... it's gone. Regards Trevor "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1084801c3bea6$222d5270$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need to go back to the data before it was saved, can > anyone help ...

Hide one month in a chart
I have data from July 2006 to January 2007 that I need to chart. The only catch is that there is no data for Dec 06 (we do not capture this data due to the Xmas rush). On the chart I would like to remove Dec 06 but have not succeeded. Any ideas? In the cell where the Dec 6 data should go type =NA() This will display as #N/A Excel will ignore it when it charts But Dec 6 will still be on the x-axis (it would be misleading to not have it) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <dkbleechmore@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:1170456927...

Perserving secondary axis in pivot chart
I have a Pivot Chart with two series of data, one of which is plotted on the secondary y axis. Every time I refresh the chart, it defaults back and I lose my secondary axis. I then have to manually change this every time. Hi, This is a know issue. XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904 Cheers Andy David wrote: > I have a Pivot Chart with two series of data, one of which is plotted on the > secondary y axis. Every time I refresh the chart, it defaults back and I > lose my secondary axis. I then...

COUNTIFS with a date for criteria...
I want to count all the entries in column N that occurred between a range of dates specified in the other criteria. The dates are obviously in column B. I use this currently- COUNTIFS(Data!N:N,"=Option",Data!B:B,">=1/1/2009",Data!B:B,"<=2/28/2009") However, I use this similar function in multiple cells, all counting different attributes. Rather than going into each cell and changing the search dates, I wanted a criteria to be a variable that can be entered into a different set of cells... like this. COUNTIFS(Data!N:N,"=Option",D...

Invalid Argument Error when using 1/1/08 as a date
Hi all, Not sure if this is a known issue - can anyone else create a record that contains a date field with the value of 1/1/08 or 1/1/07, save it and then open it again without getting an "Invalid Argument" error. I am able to produce this error across different environments, different entities and different date fields. Would be interesting to hear more about this. Thanks Hi there, Just to let you know, I just created a task in CRM 4 and set the due date to 1/1/08 and it worked without any issues. This is a field displayed as a Date/Time box, on not just Date. I don...

Issue in reading data from Excel
Hi All, I have 3 excel files with me. say,Test.xlsx, saved.xls and original.xls. Here Test.xlsx has got reference to saved.xls and original.xls and displays values from both files. But the cells referring to data from Original.xls shows #N/A in Test.xlsx where as data from Saved.xls shows the correct values. (I am using the formula: =HLOOKUP(A5,'D: \Testing\[Original.xls]Output'!$A$1:$CQ$2,2,FALSE) Here, saved.xls and original.xls has got same columns and same data, but if i check the files size of both, they are different. size of Saved.xls is 26 KB and the size of Original.xls file...

Converting current date to Julian Date
Does anyone know a simple function for converting the current date to a julian date. So Jan 1 would be 1 and Dec 31 would be 365 (except in leap year, of course). -- Edward Fultz Sr. Software Engineer Pamet Systems Acton, Ma www.pametsystems.com Thats not really julian date. But if you want the day of year, use COleDateTime::GetDayOfYear(). If you are really looking for julian date which is the number of days since January 1, 4713 BC and today is 2453416.14309 here is a site with a formula to calucate it. http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/astronomy/JulianDate.html AliR. "Ed Fultz&...

Transfer data from Excel col. A to columns B-E in the same sheet
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet with only one column of player data: column A. The first three data items in column A are the same for every player: Name, Address and Phone. Every player also has at least one comment but could have any number of comments. Each player’s data is separated from the next by a blank cell in column A. Sometimes, a player’s last few comments are blank resulting in multiple blank cells in column A before the data for the next player starts. I need help writing an Excel 2003 VBA macro to: 1. Copy just the player’s name, but not the Name: label, to c...

Trouble with dates on a chart
I have 3 columns of data. Column A = dates, Column B = number corresponding to Column A, and Column C = other numbers correspondin to Column A. The dates in Column A have gaps. For example, they are September 1986 October 1987 November 1987 January 1990 When I attempt to create a bar chart with the dates as the X axis Excel fills in the missing dates in the X axis. This causes a proble because there are no data corresponding to the additional dates, so m chart is out of scale. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ri...

Compare data
Hi I would like to be able to compare data between two tables. Each table contains around 60 brands; however,the exact number of brands varies month to month, but the top brands are always there. This is the data I have each month: Column 1 = rank Column 2 = brand Column 3 = points (relates to performance) But I would like to compare the month with the previous month and for this I need to include two more columns: Column 4 = percentage change Column 5 = rank last month I have been calculating the figure for columns 4 & 5 with formulas one at a time. Can anyone suggest how I might aut...

Delete records when certain records have duplicate column data
Hi, I'm new to excel. I want to delete (sort of) duplicate records. My spreadsheet has many columns. My spreadsheet has many records I want to delete records where the data in just a few columns is the same in multiple records. (e.g. if the values in columns "A" "B" "D" "F" in any record is duplicated in multiple rows ..delete all matching records/rows. A= house number B= street name D=apt number F=city Bonus points: Can a macro/button be created that will allow me to load a spreadsheet and then somehow run the above filter/function on the ...