charting closed vs opened orders

I have 2 pivot tables, 1 which contains the number of orders created
per week
Create Week	Total
1/31/2005	1
2/14/2005	2
2/21/2005	5
2/28/2005	6
3/7/2005	1
3/14/2005	2
3/21/2005	3
5/9/2005	1
5/23/2005	3
5/30/2005	2
6/6/2005	5
6/13/2005	8
6/20/2005	6
6/27/2005	2
7/4/2005	3
7/11/2005	12
7/18/2005	10

and another which contains the number of orders closed per week.
Close Week	Total
2/28/2005	1
3/14/2005	3
5/9/2005	1
5/16/2005	1
5/23/2005	3
6/20/2005	1
6/27/2005	4
7/25/2005	6
8/8/2005	4
8/22/2005	14
8/29/2005	1
9/5/2005	1
9/12/2005	3
9/19/2005	5
9/26/2005	2

both are derived from the same data.

I want to create a graph showing me the opened vs closed using those 2
tables. As you can see from the data, there are weeks when no orders
are created and weeks where no orders are closed. How do I combine the
2 to show me the data?

thx

yann

Hi Yann -

Select a cell that's not touching either pivot table. In step 1 of the wizard,
select a chart type (line or column might work here). In step 2, click on the Series
tab. Click Add, then select the dates and total from one pivot table. Click Add
again, then select the dates and total from the other pivot table. Proceed through
the rest of the wizard, and you'll have your chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

yannb wrote:

> I have 2 pivot tables, 1 which contains the number of orders created
> per week
> Create Week	Total
> 1/31/2005	1
> 2/14/2005	2
> 2/21/2005	5
> 2/28/2005	6
> 3/7/2005	1
> 3/14/2005	2
> 3/21/2005	3
> 5/9/2005	1
> 5/23/2005	3
> 5/30/2005	2
> 6/6/2005	5
> 6/13/2005	8
> 6/20/2005	6
> 6/27/2005	2
> 7/4/2005	3
> 7/11/2005	12
> 7/18/2005	10
>
> and another which contains the number of orders closed per week.
> Close Week	Total
> 2/28/2005	1
> 3/14/2005	3
> 5/9/2005	1
> 5/16/2005	1
> 5/23/2005	3
> 6/20/2005	1
> 6/27/2005	4
> 7/25/2005	6
> 8/8/2005	4
> 8/22/2005	14
> 8/29/2005	1
> 9/5/2005	1
> 9/12/2005	3
> 9/19/2005	5
> 9/26/2005	2
>
> both are derived from the same data.
>
> I want to create a graph showing me the opened vs closed using those 2
> tables. As you can see from the data, there are weeks when no orders
> are created and weeks where no orders are closed. How do I combine the
> 2 to show me the data?
>
> thx
>
> yann

C# Net GridView LinkButton open a new page
Hi, In my C# .Net framework 2.0 web application, I have a GridView which has the LinkButton ItemTemplate. I would like to have the click event for the LinkButton then it will open a new web page( not redirect). I think I'm stucking in the javascript with the asp control, need help! Thanks. Jason ...

Unable to open Windows XP
When I try to open my Virtual PC Windows XP on my Powerbook G4 it comes up with an error that Windows could not open successfully. I try to open it in safe mode and all of the other options available and it still comes up that I am unable to open Windows. Any ideas how to fix this or what the problem is? You'll probably get faster & more thorough assistance if you post to microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc But they'll need much more specific information about VPC & OS X versions, update levels, etc. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 9/19/07 11:55 PM, in article 11...

Plot area of embedded charts unexplainably shrinks in Excel 2003 S
I am working on a large spreadsheet full of numerical data. It contains several dozen bar and line graphs embedded across several worksheets. I have a decent understanding of Excel and Excel graphs but do not use VBA. The problem I have with Excel is that it sometimes – and unpredictably – (vertically) shrinks the plot areas of the embedded graphs. This can happen between opening the document and printing it. Other times, the plot area would shrink if I click on the plot area with my mouse, and then click off on to a cell in the same worksheet. The chart area remains the same siz...

New essay: Projects that build under VS.NET 2003/2005
It finally happened. Someone needs a project that builds under VS.NET 2005 (they want the ease of the 64-bit integration) and VS.NET 2003 (for all their old 32-bit developers). I wrangled with the problems for a bit, and came up with a kludge that actually works (clumsy though it is, alas). But to save anyone else the time taken to figure it out, the results of my experiment are documented on http://www.flounder.com/vs2325.htm joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

Adding Named Formulas to a Chart
Guys I've been trying to figure out how to add a named formula to series' field. Do i just add teh name of the formula in quotes, singl quotes, or what? thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maurice, like this: =workbook.xls!rangename -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "maurices5000 >" <<maurices5000.178a3w@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:maurices5000.178a3w@excelforum-nospam.com... > Guys I've been trying to figure out how to add a named formula to a > ...

Make vs. "Either"
Hello: I see one problem in GP Manufacturing 9.0 and 10.0 with having finished goods items set to "Make" instead of "Either". The problem is that the Standard Cost Changes window can only be used for items set with a "Buy" or "Either" status, according to the 9.0 training manual. (This issue, of course, does not apply to those that have the perpetual inventory valuation method.) Regardless, doesn't MRP have issues with items set up as "Either" instead of "Make"? childofthe1980s First, I have never had any problem using...

Adding a new data series to an existing chart
I have a stacked bar chart that shows monthly sales by customer type. I want to add an additional data series to show the monthly forecast, to be displayed as a point or line against the existing stacked-bar data. Any ideas? Select the data you want to plot. Drag onto the chart. XL will pop up with a dialog box asking for some information. Provide it and you will be all set. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <1418C2D7-4DF6-4945-A08A...

Move gridlines in a chart so that they are above the numbers
I have done a chart in excel and the gridlines are set so that the y axis numbers are inbetween the gridlines. When I choose minor gridlines I get double the gridlines. I just want a gridline above each number in my y axis Double click the axis that intersects the gridlines, and on the Scale tab, uncheck Axis Crosses Between Categories. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Tara Medway" <Tara Medway@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47400C54-74B4-4E67-93AD-AE8B3F09BE47@microsoft.com...

Prevent auto recoloring of chart when using Pivot Table data
I have crated a Pivot tabel with data I want to show in a Chart. My problem is when I refresh data the colours of the "data series" changes. For exaple I want one of my series "OK" always be shown in green colour, but after a refresh of pivot all colours changes. This problem is not only colouring. If I have made changes to my chart so that one series ar plotted on a secondary axis, and I change it to another chart type (e.g. the secondary should be shown as a line instead of column) this also changes when refreshing the data. Most irritating! Anyone that knows how to p...

Suppress Chart Legend Series
Is there a way to suppress a series in the chart legend if the series at a particular time equals zero? Thanks - Not that I can think of. Bernard "Alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22f201c427aa$af9c0da0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to suppress a series in the chart legend if > the series at a particular time equals zero? > > Thanks - > Alex - You can hide a legend entry. Select the legend, then select the text of the legend entry, then press Delete. This cannot be done conditionally based on the values in the ser...

why is the chart displayed only when the chart area is clicked on?
We used the chart wizard to create a chart. The chart area is greyed out and the chart is displayed only when the chart area is clicked on. We tried to create the same chart using a new workbook and we don't have this problem. Hi, Use the menu Tools > Options. On the View tab in the Objects section make sure Show All is selected rather than place holders. Cheers Andy Vivien wrote: > We used the chart wizard to create a chart. The chart area is greyed out and > the chart is displayed only when the chart area is clicked on. We tried to > create the same chart using a...

Closing registers #2
1. Is there any way too remove the closing figure when the registers are closed... I don't want my cashiers to see the closing amounts. 2. Can a group of registers be closed out on a selected machine, e.g Reg 1, reg 2, reg 3, reg 4 are all closed on reg 1. Thanks If you don't want cashiers to see closing amounts, lock them out of doing x/z reports and viewing the journal - apply this setting in SO manager - database - cashiers - properties of each cashier - uncheck these boxes. On question 2, out of the box, RMS does not allow that - each register has its own batch that must ...

Cannot Close Outlook 2007. it keeps recovering info and restarting
Hi, I installed Windows Update KB980248 and updated the Bluetooth device driver three days ago. But since then I found I could not close Outlook. Every time I clicked close on top right corner, the main window closed but the outlook icon on the tray did not go away. Instead, it gave out a dialog saying 'Outlook stopped working', and then another dialog 'Outlook is trying to recover your information', followed by a dialog 'Outlook is restarting'. Then it restarted and the full window came back. I have been using Outlook 2007 for more than 2 years and it...

How to open a msg attachment?
Hi all, Someone sent me a msg attachment and I am trying to open it. When I open it all I get is a blank message. This supposed is to be a distribution list and I am using Office 2003. Any ideas, Thanks. -SA. Ask the sender to resend, this time creating the message in rich-text = format.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "SA&qu...

Can't open some mail after upgrade
Hello.. We upgraded our server to Exchange 2003. After the upgrade our clients using Windows 2000 and Outlook 2000 do not seem to be able to open mail that has been forwarded more than once and contains attachments. I can forward the same piece of mail to someone using an Outlook 2003 client and they can open it, but the client using Outlook 2000 cannot view the mail, preview the mail, forward the mail or even see or save the attacment. The error is: "Can't open this item. Could not complet the operation because the service provider does not support it." Any help...

ByVal vs ByRef when generating tree
I have a tree data structure in xml. I currently use ByVal and recursion to draw the tree. My understanding is that each time I pass the child node to the recursive function, it creates a copy of the node containing items at the point and all subitems. I'm wondering it it would make a lot of difference in memory usage if I pass the child node by ref. teddybear schrieb: > I have a tree data structure in xml. I currently use ByVal and > recursion to draw the tree. My understanding is that each time I pass > the child node to the recursive function, it creates a copy of the...

Charting blocks of time as a bar graph
Is there a way to convert/display a given chunk of time (for example a person's shift) into a bar graph/chart? For example: If someone works 6am-2pm, I would like to have that shift show up as a bar in a graph covering those hours. I would ultimately like to enter a person's shift and have it display somewhere else on the page or another sheet in a graph form to see graphically if we are short in coverage somewhere. An example of what I mean can be found here: https://public.me.com/gadgetman Any suggestions/help???? hi, you can download a model (Gantt Chart) here: http://o...

Automatic open locked excel file through access control
We know,Excel has prompt password to open it files. Is it possible to create a code that can supplies the excel prompt password?.So that when we open the excel file through our access control in a form, the excel files can be opened automatically.But when the excel files opened from its default icon,it will prompt a password first. On Jul 10, 8:43 pm, "shiro" <s...@play.com> wrote: > We know,Excel has prompt password > to open it files. > Is it possible to create a code that can > supplies the excel prompt password?.So that when we > open the excel file throu...

How can I create and display a chart dynamically on a UserForm wi.
I am trying to create charts dynamically using VBA and Excel. The data being plotted will change frequently, and my client wants to interface only with the user form, and not the worksheet itself. I know that you can use the MSChart control to do this in VB6, but I was wondering if there is a similar control for use with Excel and VBA. If so, any additional info on how to use it would be much appreciated. Thanks. I think it's an incredibly dumb idea to want to interface only with a userform (and sacrifice the flexibility of direct access to a chart). Maybe, you can convince your c...

Slow performance when opening e-mail
It takes 10-15 seconds for an e-mail to open. even moving between e-mails is slow, nor will the preview pane show up any faster. It takes the same period of time to delete messages. Even moving between contacts, calender to my in box takes an excessive period of time. It has not always been this slow. I have archived my info and do not have an excessive ammount of messages in my box. Nor am I low on memory or performance with my hardware. Any ideas? Thanks, Matthew Depending on the version of Outlook (which you do NOT state), turning off Instant Message integration under Tools-&...

Open up Archives then delete Archive folder.
I'm trying to open up those "archive.psd" and can't open them. The only think that happens is that I keep adding Archive Folders and then I can't do anything with the Archive folder. Can you tell me how to open up a file called "archive.psd"? So far I've tried File>Open>Outlook Data File, then I select the archive.psd file and all that happens is I keep adding Archive folders that I can't do anything with. How can I delete "Archive Folders"? Thanks. IS. PST, do you mean? PSD isn't a valid extension for an Outlook file. IS ...

unspecified error at opening
Hello, my MS Word 2007 doc is getting an unspecified error at opening. The error message is a problem is with content - Location: Part: /word/footer4.xml, Line 2, Column: 583. How can I recover this doc? How can this be avoided in the future? Thank you in advance for your time. Regards, Jim ...

eConnect
Can anyone tell which schema(s) to use for fulfilling sales orders? We are a multi-bin environment. ...

Issues when pivot charts are refreshed and pivots has filters
Dear Sir, Need help with pivot charts. The problem I am facing is as given. Have created a pivot. It has filters, by name and we want to track for each person productive & non productive hours. One name is chosen and a pie chart is made and formating done with labels (to display the absolute no. and %). Post this when another person is chosen in the pivot with the filter the complete formating goes for a toss. No labels can be seen. What is the way out? Wish you Happy New Year 2010 regards saswato mitra Excel 2007 PivotTable, PivotChart Seems to work in my set...

Chart mm:ss
I am trying to chart minutes and seconds in a graph. I have the cells formatted as mm:ss. When I look at the data table it is showing my entries as 00:00. For example in cell C3 I have ":03" and in the data table it is 00:00, therefore not creating a bar on my bar graph. If I format the cell as text it still displays 0 in the data table. Please help. Thanks, Kara Hi Kara, Actually if its minutes and seconds try 00:00:03 Kara wrote: > This still displays a 0 value in the data table, therfore > not giving me a bar for the bar chart. > > >>-----Origina...