Chart with colored weekends

Is it possible to have a date chart with a gray bar marking Saturdays,
Sundays and declared Holydays so I can Gantt my deliveries? Just a few tips
on how to get there...

PS: by the way Jon, I've been learning A LOT from your examples. Thx for
your excellent pages.
0
JoseLopes (3)

line chart base to a pivot chart
Hi All, I've just made a pivot table with two pages,28 data,and one row heading. I want to create some line charts on another sheets.how to do it?. I want every time I select a page from my pivot table,the chart will display data form the selected pages.If one chart can display all the data, the rest data will be displayed on another chart> Is it possible?Please advise me how to do it step by step. Thank's ...

Need shaded area in gantt chart to show lines around each grid squ
Hi - I have created a gantt chart using excel 2002. I have a shaded area on my chart from 9/1-9/10/07. Can I make the shaded area show lines through it? This would make it much easier to follow down the page on the date selected. I know it is easily done in excel when you fill in say 3 squares in yellow and then highlight the area and select borders. I tried doing this in my chart, but can not make it work. Any help would be appreciated. -- Karen W. ...

Standard Colors
I would like to set up custom colors for cell fills. I have a custom theme set up, but the theme colors and standard colors are my only options for cell fills. Is it possible to change the "Standard colors" palette? I have a total of 18 corporate colors that I need to have easily accessible. Thanks. Yes, that is simple enough. Goto Tools>Options...>Color>Modify, you get a colour editor there. -- HTH Bob "Diane S." <DianeS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C93E24BF-3F66-484E-9368-D0C33E72B3F6@microsoft.com... >I ...

Dynamic Charting Question
I'm attempting to set up a dynamic chart. So far, I've defined a name for cells B33:M33 (using the following offset equation). =OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$33,0,0,1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$33:$33)-1) I'd like to be able to add more columns after M and the chart will automatically pick it up. We have a graph that currently includes B33:M33 as the X axis values for a line chart. How do I change the information in the chart to include the determined dynamic range for X? Thanks in advance, Barb Reinhardt I've figured out what I need to edit to get the series to change, but is there ...

Importing data from several sheets, to one chart
I need data from many sheet into one chart (In its own sheet). I know how to do it when its from from sheet (In this example, sheet named Pernille) : =Pernille!$AS$10 I tried this : =Pernille!$AS$10;Aase!$AS$10 But the reference was not valid. Please help, I havent been able to find anything, not even in my E-learning. Martin, Probably the easiest way to chart data from multiple sheets is to create a summary range in a single sheet that references the other sheets with formulas. If you use this technique then all you have to do is generate the chart using the summary range as your sourc...

Alternating cell shading colors for every other merged cell
I am trying to get every other merged row to be a certain cell shading color. There is some discussion in the newsgroups about alternating colors for every row, but in my case I had merged cells and the formulas given didn't turn out right on my tables since they were based on the row numbers. Does anyone know how to have alternating cell colors for merged rows? (the merged rows are random sizes) Thanks. Not an answer to your question I'm afraid, but just for info, most people in here steer clear of merged cells like the plague - they tend to cause far more problems than they ever se...

Chart making
When I select a column of data to make a chart. It only takes first cell and leave all others. In chart shows only one value, why? Arun, Please try this first - if you are working with the Chart Wizard, make sure that you have the option "Series in Columns" selected as opposed to "Series in Rows". This input is available in step number 2 of the wizard under the Data Range tab. If this doesn't work can you post back with a sample of your data? -- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Arun Bhadoria" wrote: > When I select a column of da...

How can I set margins for headers on charts. The margin option ap.
I need indent chart headers to coincide with margins selected fopr the chart itself. I can not find any control in Excel or printer softeare that will indent a left-justified header. As you noted, there is no built-in chart option to indent a left justified header. I would suggest replacing the header with a text box. You can then use character spacing within the text box to create the look of an indented header. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "sayles1986" wrote: > I need indent chart headers to coincide with margins selected fopr the chart >...

Charting a linear equation
I have a chart in excel 2007, the X series is edited to be: ={0,150000} The Y series needs to be a formula, =2X+1000 How can I enter this in so it leverages X in its calculation. I know I can make cells that do the calcs, but cant this be written up in the series editor without using extra cells? Thanks! jlc On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Joseph L. Casale <JCasale@newsgroup.nospam> said: >How can I enter this in so it leverages X in its calculation. I know I can >make cells that do the calcs, but cant this be written up in the series >edi...

Version 2002 - Org Chart - Creating using wizard with xls Data Source
Hi Guys, I'm creating an org chart using xls spreadsheet as the data source. Is there a way to sort the branches alphabetically automatically? Cheers Unfortunately, the Org Chart solution generates the diagram using a random order. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "u828576" <bitofpacedropshoulder@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OxaL%23dwvHHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi Guys, > > I'm creating an org chart using xls spreadsheet as...

Area Charts
I am using an area chart to display data over the past 16 quaters and would like the ends of the chart touch the "Y" axis line. Currently the area chart begins in the middle of "X" axis point Q1. Can anyone help? Hi DavidZ, Double click the x axis to display the format dialog. On the Scale tab you need to uncheck the Value axis crosses between categories. Cheers Andy DavidZ wrote: > I am using an area chart to display data over the past 16 quaters and would like the ends of the chart touch the "Y" axis line. Currently the area chart begins in the middl...

CDateTimeCtrl: How to change background color
Dear friends, Can anyone tell me how can I change the background color of a CDateTimeCtrl. I can able to change the same for CEdit, CCombobox etc. Thanks and Regards Alvin > Can anyone tell me how can I change the background color of a > CDateTimeCtrl. > This has what you need: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Languages/MFC/Q_20679168.html --- Ajay Dear Ajay Kalra, Please provide an answer here because the link you shown is asking for a user name and password. Thanks and Regards Alvin > Please provide an answer here because the link you shown is ...

Help with Scroll and Zoom Bar for Candle Chart
I am currently doing data manipulation for my series of data. I have Time, Open, High, Low, Close. There are approximately 6000 rows of data that I need to input into the Candle Chart and to do that I require a Scroll and Zoom function. I have been using a template for Scroll/Zoom for a normal basic Line Chart and attempted to reconfigure for a Candle Chart. I have named the following: SCROLLVALUE=Sheet1!$S$31 SERIES1==OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$1,SCROLLVALUE,0,ZOOMVALUE,1) SERIES2==OFFSET(Sheet1!$C$1,SCROLLVALUE,0,ZOOMVALUE,1) SERIES3==OFFSET(Sheet1!$D$1,SCROLLVALUE,0,ZOOMVALUE,1) SERIES4==OFFSET(Shee...

HELP, My chart dosen't work correctly.
I am working in Excell XP. I have a chart I need to do, but can't get i to work. The chart needs to have a list of text on the left, y axis and it needs to be JUSTIFIED text with text wrap. On the right needs t be a BAR chart showing survey question results. When I get the text to wrap the bars no longer line up with th questions. I am having a hard time with this. Then it must be able t print portrait style on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. Any help would be appreciated. Marshal ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet ...

Changing color of many cells and borders at once
Hello, could someone please help with this I have one basic template I use, this template has a number of clones for each of our individual customers with there own comapny colors for the font and borders. Problem is the base template s always being improoved, so after a number of changes are done the ss must then be reporduced for each customer by changing each cell, border, lines etc to their own company color. I would like to produce some code or procedure to do this quickly or do once and then just rerun the code each time. I was thinking the way to do it would be to create the code t...

Box and Whisker Charts
Has anyone ever made one? I've been cranking them out all afternoon. Here's my technique: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerH.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerV.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ Kwalters wrote: > Has anyone ever made one? ...

about radar chart #2
I am new in Excel please let me know about radar chart? for which propouse it will used ? let me some samples ? best You can search in Google for information. For example: http://www.skymark.com/resources/tools/radar_charts.asp http://www.jcrinc.com/subscribers/source.asp?durki=3849&site=48&return=3827 http://onyx.quadbase.com/ECServletDemo/RadarServletDemo.html hassan barjini wrote: > I am new in Excel please let me know about radar chart? for which propouse > it will used ? let me some samples ? > best -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List ...

Variable Width 100% Stacked Column Chart
Hi, I need to make a variable width 100% stacked column chart (similar t the Column chart with varying width bars from andypope.info but 100 stacked) The x-axis would contain various market segments and the width would b proportional to their size, the y-axis divides each segment up by a attribute. Any ideas? Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Earl - Stephen Bullen has a Variable Width Column Chart example on his web site (http://bmsltd.co.uk), lo...

axis font excel chart?
how can I change the font of the scale in an excel chart? Right-click on the relevant axis. Format Axis/ Font/ Size: -- David Biddulph "ColinB" <ColinB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B1096F8-87B3-4642-BCC8-0EEE11FE0DED@microsoft.com... > how can I change the font of the scale in an excel chart? ...

change font color of first cell in data table attached to chart
When I change the color of my font in a data table that I attached to my column chart, the first cell or what appears to be the name for my first column along the x-axis will not change color. WHY? Hi Momo, >When I change the color of my font in a data table that I attached to my >column chart, the first cell or what appears to be the name for my first >column along the x-axis will not change color. WHY? Because Excel does not work with the data cell formatting for its graphs but only with the data cells volumes... BTW: Afaik you can not use different colors within the x...

PWA "Gantt Chart Formats": Delay and Slippage
Hi, When I log into PWA-->Server Settings--> Look & Feel --> Gantt Chart Formats, under several formats there are bars named "Slippage", "Delay", "Early Schedule" and "Late Schedule". As we know, a bar should show a line between a Start Date and an End Date. Does anyone understand what these bars use as Start Date and End Date? Thanks, Barak Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ..NET Security [aPress] http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/977c2770-c594-4859-b07c-b83d902e72cc/net-security-...

How to stop RichEdit color change overriding default color
I've got a handly little syntax editor going along (that--so far-- is waaay faster than the examples on codeguru.com (if you'd like to know how to speed them up, I spotted a logic flaw in two of them. If you're interested, just email me). I have a question on a different syntax editor I'm writing for an in-house language though, so you'll notice some unique features that enable me to take shortcuts. But I've got a funny little problem. If the user is typing at the end of the rich edit control, and they type in a keyword and it gets colored, any text typed after tha...

No grid lines with color
Using Excel 2003. I click on "file | page setup | sheet | gridlines" so that the grids will show when printed. Once I select certain rows or cells and fill them with color, those grid lines don't show up any longer. I know I can choose to set "all borders" so that grid lines will show, but then I run into other issues. Newly added rows have to have "all borders" set again. If I select the entire worksheet and set "all borders" then I know only filled in rows will show on the printed copy. But if I go back and delete that row later, then I...

Change font color if anything changes
Hello, I'm using Excel 2003 and I have a worksheet with data in approx 1500 rows and in columns A - AN. There will be approx 8 people making updates to this file at the same time. I then have to roll those changes back into the "Master" document. In the past I've asked that any changes be made in red/bold font so that I can easily find them (ususally 4-6 from each person) Lots of times they forget, so I'm looking for a way to automatically change the font to red/bold any time anything is changed within the worksheet. Any suggestions? (ps most of these ...

How do I link a shape on a organ chart to another org chart page
If I have a org chart on one page with three shapes, A B C, and a second page with names in shapes of people reporting to C on page 1. How can I click on Shape C on first page and bring up the second page showing the employees who work under him C -right click shape C -Format > Behavior > Double-Click -Select "Go to page: Page-2" Frank Help <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 9A0D1770-05EE-42D1-ACB3-A0958688AE64@microsoft.com... > If I have a org chart on one page with three shapes, A B C, and a second page > with names in shapes of pe...