Chart with a lot of columns

If have an excell sheet with 24 sets of XY data (48 columns).  I was
wondering if anyone had a time saving tip for putting all this data on a
scatter chart.

Here are how my columns are organized:

Time, Position1, Time, Velocity1, Blank, Blank, Time,
Position2,Time,Velocity2, Blank, Blank....

I think that I am facing two seperate challanges:

1)  How do I get excell to automatically put time on the x-axis and Position
and Velocity on the y?

2)  How do I get excell to automatically put the position1, position2, and
so on into different data series.

If their is no way around the tedious process of manually selecting data
series just let me know.  I am just hoping that there is a better way.
0
Enginerd (3)

Different colors on a single line chart
Hi there I have a single line chart, with dates on the X axis. After a certain date, I would like the line to be a different color. Is this possible? Without having to edit the color of each datapoint? And when I add new data, it should appear in that same second color. Thanks! Hi, To do this without code you can use 2 data series to give the appearance of a single line. In this previous example I posted the future data was a dotted line but you can just change the formatting to another colour. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng45.htm Cheers Andy Sarah wrote: > Hi there > I have a ...

Want to put range values in a column into two columns
In an excel spreadsheet I have a column with range values like 10MM-24.9MM. What I want to do is split that column into two columns: Minimum and Maximum. In my example minimum will have a value of 10 and maximum will have a value of 24.9, just want to have numeric values. How can I do this ? I am not an excel expert, I will appreciate if someone can tell me the steps to do this. I am sorry if this is a very simple question for this group. Hi Arch! Set up two helper columns and use the following formula assuming your first entry is in A1: =LEFT(A1,FIND("M",A1)-1) =LEFT(MID(A1,FIND...

Multiple pie charts and merging them into word.
I have a worksheet that has 286 rows and I need a pie chart for each row and then I need to have the pie charts merge for each person in Word. Is this possible? I cannot link the pie charts to a cell so it will pull it into Word. I don't really don't want 287 Worksheets with embedded pie charts. Please Help! Thanks! ...

HELP Unhide Column A
I have tried to select entire sheet, and adjust columns. I have tried the"go to" select A1 and unhide, BUT column A will not show up.. The sheet is not protected. One possibility is that you moved column A off screen and applied Freeze Panes. If so then remove the freeze panes. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Donna" wrote: > I have tried to select entire sheet, and adjust columns. I have tried the"go > to" select A1 and unhide, BUT column A will not show up.. The sheet is not > protected. try moving putting your cursor on the line ne...

How to add annotation/callout/note to chart?
In Excel 2003, is there any way to add an annotation/callout/note to a chart -- for example, if I want to add a description to a data point or other item? Thanks, Don Culp __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5073 (20100429) __________ The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. http://www.eset.com Open the Drawing tool (View | Toolbars) Use one of the shapes (callouts are great) to put a shape with text on the chart Caveat: you should begin by clicking on the chart to activate it then select the shape; in...

Auto adjust dates in a chart
I would like to build a line chart that automatically plots values for the past 14 days, no matter when I open the chart. I have set up a column with now() in the first cell and now()-1, now()-2, etc. in a series for the following 13 cells down to now()-14. This column becomes the data range for the x-axis. If I test it by changing the system date, the now() values do not change automatically. I know there must be a way to do that. But the further concern is how to link values in another column with the proper now()-x value to display what I want to see. I want to use this chart to...

Adding Source Data to a Chart.
I want to add data from 2 different sheets within the same work book added together. ie say data from Sheet1 B1 + Sheet 3 B1 as source data for the same bar on the chart. Can this be done direct or do I have to add them together first then use that as the source data. I have tried typically the following: Sheet1!$B$1+Sheet3!$b$1 and several variations of this without success. One way to do it is to have 2 series, one for each sheet, and make a Stacked bar chart. The only problem is that you don't get to see the total when adding labels to the series. Regards Esteban "Dizz...

20 rows but need to display only 2 at a time in a chart.
Hi friends, I have a chart with 20 rows and columns. I need to compare 2 rows at a time in a simple line chart to see thier progress, for example row 1 with row 5 , then 4 with 10 and then 1 with 16 etc. what would be the easiest way to achive this, for now I have to do it by selecting the rows each time by edit data. Can I have 2 dropdown menus above the chart with the column names so that the chart would display the values I chose. Thanks for your help. Roshlin Hi, It's easy to achieve this if you have a couple of combo boxes, each referencing your list of series names/headi...

I am using excel 2003 and am trying to return a number associated with a column by comparing two columns.
I am using excel 2003 and am trying to return a number associated with a column by comparing two columns. Specifically, in the screenshot linked below, I am trying to populate column D with the number in column F where column E matches column A. Essentially, I want column D to contain the numbers in column H (which I typed as reference only to help you help me!). http://www.series11.net/files/ExcelExample.JPG Thanks in advnace!! >I am using excel 2003 and am trying to return a number associated with > a column by comparing two columns. > > Specifically, in the screenshot linke...

how to create line Chart with large number of data points
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Excel allows only some 200 data points. I would need 1025! Is there a way to achieve that or do I have to look for some other special charting software Thanks! You are right. I found the solution. ...

How to expand columns when sorting
On my computer with Office 2003 installed, when I want to sort on a column, I select the column, click on Sort Ascending, Excel would prompt me that it found data in the adjacent field and if I want to expand the selection. That's how sorting is done on my computer. Today I had to use someone else's PC and it has Office 2003 too. However, when doing sorting, it doesn't prompt me and just sort that column only. How to make Excel prompt me for this? First, I wouldn't let excel guess at my range to sort. I'd always select the range and do Data|sort. But when you selecte...

how to rename default column heading?
column heading in my MS excel now showing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... how to change the header default to A, B, C, D, .... thanks Noel, Go to Tools/Options/General/ and uncheck R1C1 Reference Style This Help? Dave noel Wrote: > column heading in my MS excel now showing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... > how to change the header default to A, B, C, D, .... > thanks -- Piranha ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20435 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t...

Insert query with null column and null value
Hi, I have a Date/Time column that is not a mandatory field. But when I do INSERT INTO (...) SELECT ..., the query fails with "You tried to assign the Null value to a variable that is not a Variant data type". If I remove the column altogether from both the INSERT and SELECT, then the insertion query will be successful. How can I fix it? Thanks. I'm not sure if you're doing this in SQL or VBA, so I'll give a generic answer. Tailer to your needs. Options: Choose one some or all... 1. Set a default value in the table. (e.g. 01/19/1919) 2. Check if the value is null...

Bar Text on Gantt Chart
Is there a way to remove all text formatting from the bars at once or does one have to format each bar individually Hi Judy, You can change multiple bars at once through Format > Bar Styles. I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information about Microsoft Project On 4/14/2010 2:08 PM, Judy C wrote: > Is there a way to remove all text formatting from the bars at once or does > one have to format each bar individually Hi, Text formattig on the bars is achieved through F...

log axes, chart titles, Rob Bovey, loadsaprobs
In the past few days I have been building a workbook (6Mb and growing) that contains a sheet displaying about 20 charts. I have incorporated the little trick which references the chart title to a cell reference (very handy). Also downloaded the Add-in from Rob Bovey to change data labels (as suggested by tusha mehta`s tutorial on how to customise Excel chart log axes). I ended up not needing it. When worked on, the workbook is running very slow (Excel is using 98-99% of my processing) and appears to think a lot before allowing access to any chart I want to edit. Can this be the ...

Pie Charts #4
In my pie chart, items are grouping together as other even though there is no "other" in my budget -- why? It is actually a cool idea -- how to I add other items to this "other" (e.g. very small percentages of the pie). "IDA" <IDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D4861F6-7AF7-4105-8994-3DDC77BC794F@microsoft.com... > In my pie chart, items are grouping together as other even though there is no > "other" in my budget -- why? It is actually a cool idea -- how to I add > other items to this "other" (e.g. very s...

Including table into the chart!
Hello all! A quick question. Let us say a table with certain number of rows and columns was create and used to plot a chart. Is there a way we can include the above table into the chart? I would appreciate ur help guys. Arun... Vtec corp -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Make sure you have room for the table in the chart area, select the table, hold down shift and click edit>copy picture select picture format and paste it into the chart area. -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "aiyer >" <<ai...

scatter chart
I am trying to chart a series of length measurements on the X-axis plotted against a series of depths on the Y- Axis. However, the depths are named in 5cm increments; for example: 0-5, 5-10, 10-15., which excluded XY scatter without modifying the desired labels. Furthermore I have varying quantities of data for each depth range, which excluded charting with the line charts as it is important to maintain equal spacing between each of the axis labels. Currently, I have inserted a row of abitrary numbers, representing the 5cm increments (for the Y-Axis) and have successfully plotted...

Retrieving Data From a Chart
I would like to build a formula that allows me to go back 50 records in the database to locate and list how many records since the last time the farthest back of the 3 evaluated cells last occurred. example: ,,,,,,,,,,,,C42 9,,,,6,,,,2 ,,,,,,,,,,,,C48 0,,,,7,,,3 A49 7,,,,4,,,,1 A51 B51 C51 (The evaluated cells) 3,,,,7,,,,2 Therefore, the result would list 9, because from the cell values 3,7,2, #2 was the furtherest back in the last 50 records. It last occurred 9 records ago. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and po...

x log, y lin audio frequency chart
I'm having some trouble with limitaions in the axis display. Is there a way to set the base number of the log graph to start at 2, or 20, and stop at 20,000 or 40,000? It always defaults to decades of one or ten. The second issue is when I set the series by using the wizard, the data is off(lower) by an order of magnitude for some reason that is not very obvious to me. Finally, what is the difference between a range and a series? I have too many points to use the range input. Thanks and sorry about the many questions. JIM Jim I don't think it's gonna happen. When you use...

Inserting a new column affects conditional formatting
Hey, I have got conditional formatting setup on a sheet that highlights a row based on the value in two columns (K and L). The formula for this is; =AND(INDIRECT("L"&ROW())="No", INDIRECT("K"&ROW())="Sent") I have got 6 varieties of this, and it all works well and highlights each row correctly. However, I need to insert a new column before K - and when I do I lose the conditional formatting. I have tried manually altering the formula as; =AND(INDIRECT("M"&ROW())="No", INDIRECT("L"&ROW())="Sent&quo...

How to move one piece of text to another column
Ok Ill explain what im doing to help understand how to help. I have a column that lists last names then a space then a middle initial(Example column A = David H). I need to turn that into 2 columns, one with last name, then the other with middle initial. The catch is not all have a middle initial ( some just say David). There are 4400 entries which would make it a long time to do by hand. I would greatly appreciate any expierenced excels users help. If there is not a way to do it in excel, can it be done in access? Thanks soooo much Select your column. Then from the menu bar: Data> ...

Bar chart with Y Axes Categories
I have very little experience with charts, so I really appreciate your help. I have a column of employees' "Years until retirement" (approx 139 employees). I'd like a chart that shows a bar for 0-5 years, 6-9 years, 10-14 years, 15-19 years, 20-24 years, 25-29 years and 30+. How do I categorize to get this chart? THANK YOU. MB I think you want the categories on the X axis. In the first column of the sheet, put your year ranges, and in the second column, put the number of employees within each range. Make a chart from this data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Micros...

How to export excel column into Access without losing the leading.
I have data in one column that must always be 8 numbers, leading zeros are at least two and at most 5, I have formatted them with the custom number format 00000### but when I import the file into Access (get external data) , Access will drop all leading zeros. I do not see an option to import a .prn file into Access. Hi using a custom formal only changes the display of the numbers, not the numbers themselves - which is why when you import them into access or whatever, the numbers will lose the formatting. the solution (AFAIK) is not to use a custom format but to change the numbers t...

Ranking a column with some cells having #value!
I have a spreadsheet that has 20 rows. Depending on the input, not all rows will be entered with data. Those without data will have #value!. Problem is how can I formulate the ranking so that I can always see the ranking of the 20 rows and the ranking will auto exclude those rows having #value!? Thank you. Why don’t you post your formula which is resulting #value!. Otherwise try this. =IF(ISERROR(Your Formula),0,Your Formula) Which will get you the result of 0 instead of #value!. Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) ---...