Chart using Macro

I have several sheets having similar data for different lanes. I have a macro
which can create a graph I want with different series plotted in different
forms for source data on a particular sheet. I want to be able to create a
graph for the active sheet.
How do I use ActiveSheet data as source data for the gaph.
0
Abhijeet (3)

Migrating Data From ACT to CRM Using DMF?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has successfully migrated data from an ACT v6 database, to CRM 3? If so, could they supply some steps, or information on how they did it, plus if they ran into any problems! I've had a quick look at the DMF xls spreadsheets, and the wizards, which don't seem to complicated, however its importing the data from ACT to CDF using the Microsoft SQL Server Data Transformation Services (DTS) to populate the CDF that looks a bit complex. I think I read somewhere that you have to write some coding in sql to do this, correct? Also I've read some posts t...

chart area line missing in one pace (with picture)
http://immunizecaadults.org/images/trig.jpg Can anyone tell me why there's a piece of line in the chart area border missing? I checked, and there is no object floating over it. Thanks. If you change the size of the chart area, does the missing postion stay the same? if you change the backgrond color of the chart, what do you see? If you move the chart area in the chart doc, what do you see? If you regenerate the chart what do you get? In other words, I don't know what causes it. "Dave R." wrote: > http://immunizecaadults.org/images/trig.jpg > > Can anyone...

Macro to add a connection point to the center of every circle in a dwg
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to add a connection point that is relative to a shape, such as the center of a circle. I'm used to doing this in Autocad, but not in visio. Can someone show me how to make a macro or know if one already esists that can find all the circle shapes in a drawing, and insert a connection point at the center of each one. (Usiing visio2003) Thanks in advance.. You might try something like this, Al ' this is called by the following routine to add a standard set of ' connections to the rectangles used Public Function funcAddConnectionPointToS...

Deactivating an embedded chart
Is it possible to deactivate an embedded chart (chart in a worksheet, not a chartsheet). I have an embedded chart that has a large data source range (about 10,000 cells) and a VBA macro that performs some calculations and inputs the results into these cells, but the chart updates in realtime and it slows the macro down quite a lot. I have read that the following code could be used if the chart is in its own chartsheet: Code: -------------------- Private Sub Chart_Deactivate -------------------- But my chart is embedded, so how could I deactivate/reactivate it? Alternatively, I though...

Symbols in Excel 2007 Chart
Dear Group, Hello. I would like to use the greek mu symbol in an Excel 2007 histogram. I am able to convert the "m" into the proper "mu" symbol in the spreadsheet itself but this is not reflected in the resulting graphic. I need for my X axis label to be represented by the proper greek letter, not m. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you in advance. John McLaughlin In many fonts, holding Alt while typing 0181 on the numeric keypad produces �. This means you don't have to change the font for some of the characters in a text element (and many tex...

Combining multiple Stacked Charts
I have 3 scenarios with info on Asset A and Asset B for 10 years. I can create stack charts for each scenario independently, but can not figure out how to combine all 3 onto 1 chart across multiple years. x axis is year and each year should have 3 stacked lines Y Axis should be total value of both Assets Any help appreciated Does this help? http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/19/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "JANeyer" <...

Continuous Form Use
I created a form similar to an Access form. It's for logging in phone calls and messages. Is there a way to set it up like in Access where a single form appears on 1 page but can generate subsequent pages within the file? Or is setting it up as a table the only way it can be done? Our IT contractor doesn't want me to use Access otherwise this would be a breeze. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Thanks. You can spawn forms off a form, and access the data on that form. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ryjack" <ryjack@disc...

GetOpenFileName + Using own dialog template
Hi. I have a question: I am using the GetOpenFileName function to display the Windows FileDialog. I want to use the EXPLORER functionality and therefore I declared the flag OFN_EXPLORER in the OPENNAME-structure. Now here is the problem: I want to use my own dialog-template instead of the standard-file-open dialog. So i wrote my own template and set the attribute templateName of the OPENNAME structur to my own template. Furthermore i activated the flag OFN_ENABLETEMPLATE. But when I call the GetOpenFileName function with these properties I get the errorcode CDERR_GENERALCODES and the dialog is...

Cascading Combo for Chart Source
I have found some examples of how to use a combo to set the data source of an excel chart (see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html), using a combo to set an offset. In this case I'd have a combo box of counties which return number which is used as the offset. The relevant row is then used as the source for the chart. COUNTY WEEK01 WEEK02 WEEK03 WEEK04 Staffordshire 1.1 1.2 1.4 2.1 Derbysire 2.1 3.3 4.1 2.2 .... However, I have another spreadsheet that has the monitoring stations within counties. There are hundreds so it wouldn'...

outlook macro security issue
Hi All, In my Outlook I have set security level Low. Even though I am unable to run macros in my outlook but I am able to run word and excel. When tryied to run a macro I am getting following message. I set secrurity level low using the menu Tools>Macros>security. "The macro in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentaion of host application to determine how to enable macros." Please help me with the solution. Thanks & Regards Ramesh -- ramserp After changin the security level you need to restart Outl...

Macro Question
I am familiar with the Macro tool. Where I fall down is when I attempt to have it go to a cell that changes from sheet to sheet. As an example, I want it to highlight all of the cells on a sheet with data and format the font size and color. The first two rows are always in bold, but everything else is not. Each month the data changes so the list varies, thus the problem. My recorder picks up the first and last cell I went to the last time I used it, so I need it to seek the last cell with data (whatever that may be each month) without having to rewrite the macro. Any ideas for a "one-siz...

Move a single org chart shape
This is a simple question (I hope). I am trying to reduce the vertical space between the shapes at the top of my organizational chart. If I try to move or nudge any one of these shapes, all of the shapes below it also move thus making it impossible to close the gap. If I try using the "change spacing" feature, it rearranges all of the shapes in my chart. Any advice would be greatley appreciated. Claudia The change spacing feature has several options, one of which is the Selected Shape. That should allow you to change the spacing for that shape only. So, i...

Comments using Validation input
A few days ago a question relating to comments grabbed my attention. The reply informed us that the comment in question was able to be seen by clicking the cell it was attached to and as long as that cell remained active the comment could be seen. So we have a comment which is not a comment visible only when the cell is selected as opposed to a comment which is visible when the cursor is over the cell. Sounds confusing but it achieves the result of showing a "floating" comment which remains in the same place on the screen even when it applies to a cell in a 'frozen' section a...

Receivable transactions using Integration Manager
Hi, I'm new to Integration manager and while trying to import receivable transactions of type "invoice" into Great Plains using Integration Manager, I receive the following errors: ERROR: Field 'Customer ID' does not have a default value. ERROR: Field 'Distribution.Distribution Account' does not have a default value. I am using a tab delimited text file for import. Customer Id is of the format 000001 Distr. Account is of the format 9999-999-99-99-99 Can anyone help me with this. Check each one of your mapping and make sure it says 'use source' an...

Using cell reference with logical operator in DGET expression
I am using DGET to search an array in the worksheet to find a particular percent to use in a calculation elsewhere in the spreadsheet. The row members of the array contain a series of from and to values that I use to identify which row has the percent I am looking for. I have defined the array as a range and I can use the logical operatirs with numeric values in the range criteria and everything works fine. For example, I can use <500 in the appropriate cell in range criteria to find the percent to use when the value for that column in the array is less than 500. All working f...

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

Update blank/null fileds with value of previous row using update q

How to chart?
Need Help Charting Data -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have data in the following format: 10-05-04 395032 33757864 10-05-04 394656 33757864 10-05-04 394704 33757664 10-05-04 385544 33740816 10-05-04 431360 33795440 10-05-04 419656 33798832 10-05-04 403472 33768480 10-05-04 447864 33843624 ...

External data query using MAX/SUM
I'm trying to create an external data link using Microsoft Query. Ho do I write SQL in Microsoft query that will return a max date and su an amount field for the max date only? Current SQL is as follows: SELECT DISTINCT CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME Max(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.POST_DATE), Sum(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.EXPOSURE_AMT) Count(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.NBR_AVG_MATY_YRS) FROM CB06U.CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO, CB06U.CB_PORTFOLIO_DM CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN WHERE CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_ID = CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.PORTFOLIO_ID GROUP BY CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME This returns the sum of the exp...

how to insert chart for imported data in a report?
plz reply soon if you know Please use the large white space under the subject to enter a detailed question. It also helps to read some past threads that might pertain to your question (whatever it is). -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "varsha from pilibhit" wrote: > plz reply soon if you know ...

how do i create a macro to export a chart to powerpoint?
Can anyone give me any tips to create a macro to export data to powerpoint. When I try to record the sequence it falls over at the 'copy' stage. Hi, Have you seen Jon's page on the subject? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "NPAT" <NPAT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE9FBC41-25D4-4A27-8CBF-CF0F8E55D838@microsoft.com... > Can anyone give me any tips to create a macro to export data to > powerpoint. > When I try to record the sequence it falls over at ...

List of fonts used in a Word doc -- the easy way
The VBA scripts that I have found all implement a character-by-character scan throu= gh the document, which can take a long time in later versions of Word. You can blame Wor= d's "formatting" feature for the slowdown. There=E2=80=99s a faster way: Save the document in .rtf format, then open the .rtf fi= le in a text editor such as notepad.exe. The fonts are listed in a font table ( {\fonttb= l ) located at the very beginning of the file. Each font entry looks something like thi= s: = {\f0\froman\fprq2\fcharset0 Times New Roman;} Any entries with a character set ...

Making charts equivalent
We track the average patient value on a number of different analytes. Is there a standard way to make the graphs appear equivalent? If I track hemoglobin with a mean of 14.0 with the minimum set at 10 and the max set at 18, and then I have a second graph for hematocrit that has a mean of 38, but the max is set at 41 and the min at 35, the latter is a steep graph, and the former is flat, even though the hemoglobin values are approximately 1.3 the hematocrit. But the setting of the axis values can potentially make data look misleading. I am looking for a rule so that data will appear consist...

Excel macro error msg..
Hi I get the following msgbox when I attempt to run a Macro - which is just a simple text string to be put into a cell. " 'xxx'.xls could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct. If you are trying to open a file from your list of most recently used files on the file menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed , moved or deleted." (ok) 'xxx.xls' trefers to a file name that was on my disk - but I deleted - I can't find it after a search. All macros when run, exhibit the same thing..... Tried a goog...

Chart not to pull Zero's
I am working on an Excel Chart that has future months showing with a Zero dollar value and it is charting the future months on my chart. Is there a way to get it so that the Zero's will not show up? I have a formula that is pulling the amount from another chart. Thank you for your help. Change "" to NA() in your formula. This puts #N/A into the cells, which is unattractive in the worksheet, but which is not plotted on a line or XY chart. =IF(A1=0,NA(),A1) - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ __...