Chart update automatically

Sometimes I start a data list to chart, create a chart then add data and the
chart automatically updates as I add to the data list. The X axis grows with
each entry. Other times, I do what I think is the same thing but the chart
lays dormant. I actually have to manually update the series range. Nothing I
do seems to make it "automatic". Is there a way to make any chart (new or
existing) update automatically when dynamic data is involved?
0
DaveR (12)

Hi,

The chart will update automatically if,
 - you based the chart on a List (Table in xl2007)
 - created and used a dynamic named range
 - insert a row, before last row of chart data

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"DaveR" <DaveR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sometimes I start a data list to chart, create a chart then add data and
> the
> chart automatically updates as I add to the data list. The X axis grows
> with
> each entry. Other times, I do what I think is the same thing but the chart
> lays dormant. I actually have to manually update the series range. Nothing
> do seems to make it "automatic". Is there a way to make any chart (new or
> existing) update automatically when dynamic data is involved?

0
andy9699 (3616)

Capture number of records updated?
We have several processes that we run on a daily or monthly basis that I am trying to automate. Each one has a series of delete, append, and/or update queries, sometimes as many as 15 per process. I am trying to find out if there is a way to suppress the query messages but still capture how many records each query impacted. I know how to run the queries from code, and how to turn off the warnings (DoCmd.SetWarnings False), but then I can't see how many records were deleted/appended/updated. I need to see these totals to spot check them and make sure there is not a problem. I ...

EzPaste-xl2ppt Excel add-in, automating the copy/paste of charts and data
Hello, This is to notify about the release of EzPaste (http:// www.EzPaste.net), an Excel add-in intended to completely automate the transfer of charts and data from Excel to PowerPoint. EzPaste identifies automatically all the charts and the tables defined in the active workbook. The user then selects which of them he wants to paste to PowerPoint=AE , and EzPaste does all the work, would you have to paste one or one hundred tables/charts at once Even if you have to paste the selected range or chart, EzPaste does it with the click of a button Sorry if this message is a bit advertising, b...

Changing to Combination-chart from existing chart
I have made a Line-chart containing 8 different series. I now want to change 2 of the series to Bars, but in the same chart. How do I proceed to pick the wanted series and transform them to bars? Regards Jan Hi Jan, Right click a line series that you wish to change. From the popup menu select Chart type and pick bar. Cheers Andy Jan wrote: > I have made a Line-chart containing 8 different series. I > now want to change 2 of the series to Bars, but in the > same chart. > > How do I proceed to pick the wanted series and transform > them to bars? > > Reg...

Windows update site problems
So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new installation of XP Home),is it me or the site,and when will it be sorted out? -- Be happy,Strat4axe "stat4axe" <strat4axe@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:36618CFD-EF82-4F82-A7C3-90CF2DDCCEA5@microsoft.com... > So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message > telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new > installation of XP Home),is it me o...

Updating Boolean Field with onChange
I am having difficulty with setting a value of a new boolean field using the OnChange scripting against a picklist. If anyone has some sample code / formatting information that I can use it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I also need to know if it is possible to stop the default value for the Revenue (isrevenuesystemcalculated) field on the opportunity form being set to "Yes" when the "Convert Lead" function is used. We can set the default value to "No" for user created Opportunities but when Convert Lead is used it seems to ignore the default value. Again, a...

Static Chart Data Range
Excel-2007, simple line chart: I have a chart that displays several columns of data for rows 2:84. Whenever I insert a new row #2, the new data range for the chart is now 3:85. How do I keep a static data range for my chart (2:84) whenever I insert new rows into the workbook? I have tried editing $A$2:$E$84 to A2:E84 and then saving the changes ... but it is an excercise in futility, it always reverts back to $A$2:$E$84. I would recommend creating a blank row 2, and hiding it. Then, when you insert a new row, you'll be inserting within the boundaries, instead of moving ...

Need help grouping charts
I have identical charts which occur on multiple sheets. Is there any wa to group them for editing? When I group the sheets themselves, it seems to deactivate the charts I tried doing it with a macro as an alternative and then flipping th sheets one by one and keying the macro, but I get a message box with: "Run-time error 1004", "Unable to get the ChartObjects property of th worksheet class". Does anyone have any ideas -- Izz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Izzy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Chart to show Portfolio Value over time?
I'm using Money 2003. I would like to be able to see the $ value I have in my portfolio over time. So that I can weep. Money does have a chart view that allows you to see the PRICE history for a given stock over time - but not the dollar value of your investment in the stock over time. In fact, I can't seem to find a view at all that shows you the net value of your portfolio/individual stocks changing over time. The best I've been able to do is to use the "Net Worth" report and unselect all the other accounts. This has insufficient granularity (months instea...

RE: Use that security update
--dedtgpho Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yzkfzsfqtv"; type="multipart/alternative" --yzkfzsfqtv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qeviqcxczwaquy" --qeviqcxczwaquy Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to hel...

Too many problems while updating information online
Several of my accounts are unable to update information online using MS Money 2007 Deluxe - ING Direct - Bestbuy Card (HSBC) - MBNA - Bank of America This is frustrating!! Anyone else with the same problems? Just keep trying, eventually it will work. If you're in a bind, download the QIF or OFX files from the institutions web sites -- B of A works better that way anyway :) Paul McKenna <Paul McKenna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Several of my accounts are unable to update information online using MS Money >2007 Deluxe > >- ING Direct >- Bestbuy Card (HSBC...

Outlook 2003 Folder & Favorite-folder synch/update problems
I've been using Outlook since 1998 and I make my living at software support, so I'm usually hard to stump, but I'm sucking wind on this one. The problems below all started on the remote Outlook copy, so I have to imagine they're connected to the remote setup and OST files. But I've been through the settings and tried to re-synch, cleared the folder store and recreated it, etc., and nothing seems to correct the problems. Can anyone suggest a systematic way to diagnose and fix what's happening? Here's the story: I'm running Outlook 2003 (all current patches: ...

Data labels for Excel 2007 Charts
Hi, I have charts that are based on dynamically populated data. I need the data labels for all of these charts to appear with 0 decimal places. The dynamic data populates with 2 decimal places (X.XX). Is there a universal setting I can apply to the worksheet or even the chart itself, so I do not have to go to each data point/data label and set the formatting to 0 decimal places? Thanks, Courtney ...

How do I get automatic completion to work for an in-cell dropdown
If I have a list of Alpha, Beta, Gamma and an in-cell dropdown, I'd like typing 'G' to auto-select Gamma. I'm pretty sure it was doing that at some point, but now, it does not. This isn't supported under data|validation. You could use A,B,G in the dropdown and then use a helper cell with a formula in it, though. Say you put your abbreviations in A1:A3 of sheet2 and the real names in B1:B3, then you could use: =if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false)) Joseph Weisblatt wrote: > > If I have a list of Alpha, Beta, Gamma and an in-cell dropd...

change exist chart to be dynamic
Hi all How can I change an existing chart to be dynamic? In series I saw a name in y axis only but no name of x axis. How can I create a series for x axis? Thanks in advance Daniel You need to understand how dynamic charts work. There are tutorials and links to more on this page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF77A61A-58A9-4629-90E1-20742E6...

getting the error when updating file xls file.
Hi. We are using exchange 2003 server and office XP but know we start to Upgrade our office to office 2003 Know we are face problem. When our user try to make changes to file in public folder there can not make the changes it say “file is read only” but that user can make the changes or edit that same file from the P.C were office XP is installed. Do I have to install some patch if yes can you please send that patch because in trying from last two day and I can not find it. Note: If possible can you reply on parag.lopes@madinatjumeirah.com Just a guess... Are you s...

Comments entered on Task Updates to Manager: Where does it get sto
There is a checkbox option on the My Tasks page for team members to select and send comments about task updates to their managers. Anyone know where these task comments can be reviewed other than when the PM opens it up to approve? It does not seem to be retained anywhere like the Notes get retained. Hi Kahuna, PM can see the comments with Approvals -> Task Updates -> Go To -> Applied Requests and Errors, clicking on the task name. The approval history is listed there including comments. A team member can see them with clicking in the task name in 'My Tasks&#...

Interactive Chart Examples
I once was given an Excel file (protected of course - D'Oh!!!) where the person had charts that were interactive. There were various series and you scrolled thru a scroll bar to select the series you wanted. It would change the chart as you scrolled Can anybody point to samples that folks have done to do this. Previous posts have given a few links but I was hoping that someone has an example That I could use so I do not have to develop one from scratch. Thanks. Homer J. Simpson Hi, Have a look at these examples, Series and data http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.h...

Update from Money 2007 Premium
I currently use Money 2007 Premium. I plan on installing Money Plus Deluxe. They look to be pretty much the same. Will anything be lost going from 2007 Premium to Plus Deluxe? Thanks, Bob K The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) "Bob K" <BobK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C0C34A6-F03E-49AC-8B54-BAFF63BC538A@microsoft.com... > Will anything be lost going from 2007 > Premium to Plus Deluxe? "Dick Watson" wrote: > The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) > > "Bob K" <BobK@discus...

can't download email after MS updates
I'm using Outlook 2000 with Win XP Pro and I was able to download all my emails from my POP3 server, but coincidentally after doing the windows regular updates yesterday the Outlook doesn't download the emails. Although I can do send...I don't get any errors or dialog boxes for promts when i do send & receive. Thanks, Ik. Can you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q240347) and post the POP3Log.txt file? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers n...

How do I get a chart to display backwards/forwards?
I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't display backwards. The nearest day displays on the left side of the chart, not the right. How do I change that? Double click on the axis, select the scale tab, and check "Values in reverse order" Jerry Will wrote: > I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. > When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't > display backwards. The nearest day displays on the ...

UPDATE KB979202 MS silverlight problem
Hello, I was able to have all updates install, but i'm stuck with this KB979202. When I install it, a box popup (windows Installer) and ask for "enter path to folder containing installlation package silverlight.msi". ??? I try to uninstall silverlight and same message appear and ask for silverlight.msi?? Can anyone help? Thank in advance. By the way, I'm using Windows XP SP3 PRO. "powersupply" <powersupplydot007@gmaildotcom> ���g��l��s�D:O0dCAgz%23KHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I was able to have all updates i...

Bar chart & Category (x) axis labels #2
If you make a bar chart in Excel 2003, and have two columns of text as Category (x) axis labels, the first column is shown vertical and the text in the second column is shown horizontal in the chart. If you open/make the same chart in Excel 97, the text in both columns is shown horizontal. If there is a lot of text, it becomes unreadable when it's vertical. Is this by design or can it be fixed somehow? ...

Visio 2003 Organizational Chart 2002 Compatibility
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C52B1D.54B10360 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have an organizational chart created in Visio 2003 Professional, and I = have saved the chart (with synchronized pages) in the 2002 file format. My problem is that when a Visio 2002 Standard user opens the file, the = pages are no longer synchronized, nor can the 2002 users expand and = collapse subordinates. Is this the norm, or what am I doing wrong here?=20 Thanks, Todd ------=_NextPart_000_0045_...

automatically add borders to a cell after entry is complete
I've seen this done before. I would like to format the cells in my spreadsheet to automatically add a border to seperate one cell entry from the next after I'm finished with the entry. In other words after I tab out of the cell. Thanks, BKD you can set a conditional formatting. Highlight the area you will input numbers go to format--> conditional Formatting--> cell value is change to not equal to 0 click on format, select border--> choose one with all borders around it, click ok and ok again. now if you input any number except 0 you will see the borders. hope it hel...

Keep message from being forwarded automatically
Is there an option in Outlook 2003 to keep messages from being forwarded? In help I found Restricted permission, but I can't find that icon on the email toolbar, so maybe that is a flaw in the help file. ...