chart type keeps changing

My chart is "embedded" in my worksheet. The worksheet has months across the
top in one row and net income per share in a row below it for each
corresponding month.  The x-axis is pulling data for the month and year eg.
Jan-04...Feb-06. The y-axis is pulling data from a different row for the net
income for each month.

The chart has been maintained since Jan-04. It is a standard  clustered
column
w/ a 3-D visual effect. I am trying to enter data for March '06 in data
source, series one. I am updating the series 1 with the new column address
that represents the new month eg. February vs. March. When I enter this data
the whole graph immediately turns to black & white with skinny lines for the
chart instead of the colored 3-D. The chart-type still says it's a clustered
column but it's not. Also, the chart no longer shows my Jan .'06 data
anywhere.

What am I doing wrong??

0
Jbear (3)

The chart type isn't changing, but suddenly Excel is trying to apply a
date-scale axis instead of the category type you had previously. The narrow
bars are caused by an assumed base unit of days. You could either double
click the axis and on the scale tab change this to months, or you could go
to Chart Options on the Chart menu, click on the Axes tab, and change the
category axis to Category.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Jbear" <Jbear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My chart is "embedded" in my worksheet. The worksheet has months across
> the
> top in one row and net income per share in a row below it for each
> corresponding month.  The x-axis is pulling data for the month and year
> eg.
> Jan-04...Feb-06. The y-axis is pulling data from a different row for the
> net
> income for each month.
>
> The chart has been maintained since Jan-04. It is a standard  clustered
> column
> w/ a 3-D visual effect. I am trying to enter data for March '06 in data
> source, series one. I am updating the series 1 with the new column address
> that represents the new month eg. February vs. March. When I enter this
> data
> the whole graph immediately turns to black & white with skinny lines for
> the
> chart instead of the colored 3-D. The chart-type still says it's a
> clustered
> column but it's not. Also, the chart no longer shows my Jan .'06 data
> anywhere.
>
> What am I doing wrong??

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

How to Change Value of Active Control
I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. I can get the name of the control using ActiveControl.Name but I can't figure out the syntax to change the value of this control. I've tried assigning it to variables but variables aren't working in a: Forms![variable]![variable] = "" Help "Sondreli" <Sondreli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA05A840-2AFE-4F98-ABE9-5D2DD17AE0B8@microsoft.com... > I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. > I > can g...

Pivot Tables & changing data
Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am going to ask is possible and not too complicated for me.... :o) I am working with Excel 2003. I have a pivot table already set up and the information is pulling data from a row titled "sum of Subscriber". I added new data in a new column from the main spreadsheet and I would like to pull the data from there. Its titled "Adj Subscriber". Is it possible to switch it? If so, how? Thanks, Anna Marie Anna wrote: > Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am &...

How to change default printing parameters on Excel & ......
How to change the default printing parameters on Excel & keep them changed for future workbooks. Example: Normally I use Printing margins 0.25 on all directions, but default printing margins are 0.75. I want to change them to set 0.25 as DEFAULT. If you start a new workbook and change the page layout (for all the sheets), you can save it into your XLStart folder as Book.xlt. Excel will use that as the basis for new workbooks. You can change a lot of settings that way--including orientation, headers/footers.... Amjad wrote: > > How to change the default printing parameters ...

control type
hi when im adding a new control attachment into a form , appears some other controls like ...controlname.filedata ,controlname.fileflag, controlname. filetimestamp ,controlname.fileURL etc.... whats all these , r these usefull and needed ? thanks This occurs only in Access 2007, and only for multi-valued fields. The example you gave is for a field of type Attachment. One record can have multiple attachments. In a query, you can get at the information within each of the items in the multi-valued field. For example look at the FileType to see if the attachment is a picture (e.g. JPG),...

Change color of multiple autoshapes
I need to change the color of several autoshape based on different cells I know how to change one autoshape using a worksheet_change event but i can't just copy and paste this and change the object name + cell name. is it possible to have multiple worksheet_change events in the same worksheet?? T-bone, You have only one worksheet_change event, but in it you can test to see which cell was changed with something like If not Intersect(Target, Range("A1") is nothing then ' do range A1 stuff here end if If not Intersect(Target, Range("A2") is nothing then &#...

Recovery after "do not save changes" selected accidently
I mistakenly clicked on "do not save changes" for a worksheet (file) that i'd been working on (I thought a different file was highlighted). As it turns out I had not saved the original file in over a day, though the autosave is set up. is there any way to get my file back, or at least an intermediate version, instead of one with a day's less of work??? help!!!!!! Thanks very much for your help! Sorry to say, but your day's work is gone. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Mayukh" <msukhatme@hotmail.com> wrote in...

Scrpit when trying to change CRM option in Outlook client
Hi there, I get the attached script error when i try to change the MSCRM Option in MSCRM Outlook client and it does not accept my changes. An error has occoured in the script on this page. Line:381 Char:1 Error: Type Mismatch code:0 URL:http://localhost2525/tools/personalsettings/dialogs/personalsettings.aspx?clientid= etc etc Please let me know if any one knows how to fix this issue, thanks. Kyaw ...

FRx
Dear, I encountered problem of changing default base period. The version of FRx software is 6.5.28 and it is running under Windows 2K Professional. The situation was: After opened the Catalog of Report Window, there was a pop-up message box which said 'Changed the default base period to C'. I did not know why this could happen. - Would you please tell me under what circumstances this pop-up message box would display?? In order to continue to use this software, I only could click 'OK' from the message box. The report date is then changed to 'Default Base Period' - (Ja...

Using a variable for a chart limit
Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Vince F Hi, See Jon's information http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy Vince F wrote: > Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell > reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, > but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Andy Pop...

Changing a username/address
Hello, I work with someone who just changed her name, and I'm trying to figure out how to change it on the Exchange (2000) server. I changed the username in Active Directory (also 2000), but messages from the user still have the old name in the Sender field. Also, when I point to the mailbox for saving messages, it has the new name (Mailbox - New Name) until restarting Outlook, and then it has the old name. Do I have to Exmerge out the mail, delete the account, re-create the account, change the name of the .pst file and import the mail? Thanks in advance! Jeff Follow these steps: =...

Change the sender to the previous owner when a lead is reassigned
Business scenario is as folllows: A new lead fires a workflow which sends an email to the lead with the owner as the sender. When the lead is reassigned, they want an email to have the PREVIOUS owner as the sender. There is no facility in email to change the SENDER in the email. What is the recommended solution - callout, etc. -- Paul Doyon CRM Consultant -- Paul Doyon CRM Consultant Hi Paul, Very right, Callout is the solution. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.m...

Manual for beginners -- Charts with Excel
You may find useful a training manual I wrote for making charts in Excel. The manual is for beginners to intermediate users. [So, no VBA and dynamic ranges and stuff]. Great for teaching college students or self-mastering the Excel Charts facility. In any case, the book is free at http://www.vgupta.com VJ ...

On startup text to speech installation keeps appearing
Dear All When I load up Excel the dialog box comes up before excel continues to load saying: "Text to Speech - This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?" I dont want to install it but this KEEPS coming up, any ideas? Thanks Adam Someone answer please !!!!! >-----Original Message----- >Dear All > >When I load up Excel the dialog box comes up before excel >continues to load saying: > >"Text to Speech - This feature is not currently >installed. Would you like to install it now?" > >I dont want to inst...

How to change a bar to line in a combo chart?
I am currently using Excel & PPt 2000 and cannot figure out how to control which rows of data are displayed as a bar or line in a combunation chart. In PPt it combo bar/line chart defaults to the last row only as a line and in Excel it seems to have half as a bar/ half as a line. Any suggestions? In the chart, select the series you want changed. Then, select Chart | Chart Type... and pick the desired type+subtype. When a single series is selected the chart type choice applies only to that one series. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-...

Invisible bar on bar chart
Hello, I have a stacked bar chart with 3 bars ie 'series' of data. I have made the 1st (bottom) bar invisible by setting its border, fill pattern etc to 'none'. So far so good. I want to make the bar visible again, but I cannot find out how to 'select' it in order to change its format! I need to double-click on it ? Am I missing something ? Help please ? KK With the chart selected, use the arrow keys and watch the Name box. When you see the series you want click the Format item on menu bar best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove cap...

Change database source for pivot table
Hi I've built a pivot table based on an Oracle database. however I want to change the source database (from test to live) but can't figure out how to change the source database. Any ideas? Cheers Neil Just answered my own question, in the query go into table definition and change the database "Neil" <neil@funkcity.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23yauyKKpFHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I've built a pivot table based on an Oracle database. > > however I want to change the source database (from test to live) but can't > figu...

Default "Save as Type" problem
Outlook 2003 - when saving an e-mail message "save as type" defaults to HTML. This unfortunately strips off the attachments. I need to change to Outlook Unicode type as a default, but when changing settings in Tools - Options - Other - Advanced Options - "Use unicode message format when saving" when ticked on - doesn't seem to make any difference. Default still appears as HTML. Can anyone help Thanks, Georg ...

Remove Data Format Change
I have a program that puts a database's data into an excel spreadsheet. The problem is that Excel is constantly changing the numbers to dates, which corrupts the data. I know I can switch the column data type to Text and that will fix it, but the problem is that when the data is written to the spreadsheet it overwrites that column data type and Excel does the formatting that changes my data. How can I turn this off so Excel stops trying to recognize data types and change their format? Please help because this is causing major problems for us. Thanks, ACFalcon >>I have a ...

Line Graph: Changing X/Y Axis'
Can somebody please help to recommend a tutorial or simple directions on creating a chart in Office 2007 that will show how to create a simple line chart (2-D is fine) that gives flexibility in flipping the x and y axis? This seems challenging in 2007... Thanks. You cannot 'flip' a Line chart. In a Line chart the x axis has category values and if flipped this would give category values to the y axis which must have numeric values. But you can readily flip an XY chart. Click the chart; from the Chart Tools select Design; Click Select Data; now use Edit. In the Edit dialog, select ...

Line Chart 03-22-10
I am trying to create a chart that will allow me to have multiple years on the same chart so the difference can be seen from year to year. Second problem is there a limit to what can be entered into the axis. I'm not sure if this is clear or not. Appreciate any assistance. EXCEL 2007 Please check out:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ - item number 53. Open the Workbook and go to the Chart Worksheet. 1. Change data range A4 to A8 to, for example:- 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 These dates will then appear in the Horizontal Axis of the chart. This gives y...

External data changes not reflected
I am frustrated by something that is probably simple and due to my lac of knowledge... I had some 10 rows of external data (a named range in anothe spreadsheet) and I was copying it in just fine. Then I extended the source to have 20 rows and changed the length o the named range now when I refresh the data in the destination it onl brings in the first 10 rows. Even If I create a NEW desination workbook file it still doesn't pic up my new BIGGER named range definition(so it isn't something local t the WKS file) I presume it muct be keeping some definition around in cache or in ...

Changing the window style of a control
Hi all... I have placed a list view control on a dialog using resource editor. That list control has initially no border, but I need to place the border programatically. I tried using: SetWindowLong(m_lstDocs.GetSafeHwnd(), GWL_STYLE, m_lstDocs.GetStyle() | WS_BORDER); And m_lstDocs.ModifyStyle(0, WS_BORDER); In OnInitDialog handle, where m_lstDocs is the CListCtrl assotiated with the control on dialog resouce. All of that didn't do anything on the list view appearance. I tried using that calls in OnCreate method too but the control isn't created yet, because its HWND ...

attribute size not changed in mapping view
I changed the size of an attribute to 50 but when I go to relationships and try to map the attribute I see the size in ( ) as 100 still and I get an error message stating the source entity attribute is too large to map to the target entity attribute. I am trying to map a new attribute new_building from account to billto_line2 in order request form. The new attribute was originally created with maximum length of 100 but I have changed the length to 50. I can go into attributes and see the maximum length as 50. Billto_line2 is nvar 50. I am running CRM 3.0. I published all my changes a...

Displaying daily quote changes
I am a new user to MS Money who recently migrated from Quicken. I can't seem to find a way that will give me daily quote changes in my portfolio. This is Jan. 26, 2008 and it does give me the change but its not a trading day. It also has the same data as the 1-25-08 which it should. If I try to go back to January 22, it just shows the price for the 22 but not the change. Right click in a blank area within the column headers and then click "customize current view". This should show all the fields that can be added, including the "daily change". Frank "ygold...