Chart totals

I need help.  I have a chart with multiple columns and three rows.  Each row
has a total.  I would like to do a stacked column chart shoeing the each rows
value and the totals without the totals effecting the chart.  When I try and
do it now, the total throws off the chart?
0
Angela (59)

Hi,

Does this work around help?
http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Displaying Labels Used In A Chart
Hey Guys I'm using the following code to set the colours of the slices of all the pie charts in my spreadsheet based on each slice's legend's label: VB: AutoLinked keywords will cause extra spaces before keywords. Extra spacing is NOT transferred when copy/pasting, but IS if the keyword uses "quotes". Sub SetPieChartColours() ' Iterates through all pie charts in the dashboard and apply colours to the appropriate legends ' Colour indices: ' Passed (Green) 10 ' Not Completed (Yellow) 19 ' No run (Blue) ...

Charting a linear equation
I have a chart in excel 2007, the X series is edited to be: ={0,150000} The Y series needs to be a formula, =2X+1000 How can I enter this in so it leverages X in its calculation. I know I can make cells that do the calcs, but cant this be written up in the series editor without using extra cells? Thanks! jlc On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Joseph L. Casale <JCasale@newsgroup.nospam> said: >How can I enter this in so it leverages X in its calculation. I know I can >make cells that do the calcs, but cant this be written up in the series >edi...

Chart formatting randomly changes on file re-open
I format my charts (font size, color, etc.) in 2007 and then I save and close the file. When I later re-open the file (later in the day, the next day, etc.) the chart formats often change; it's pretty random, however, as to whether some, all, or none of the charts change. Is there a way to prevent this? ...

Area Charts
I am using an area chart to display data over the past 16 quaters and would like the ends of the chart touch the "Y" axis line. Currently the area chart begins in the middle of "X" axis point Q1. Can anyone help? Hi DavidZ, Double click the x axis to display the format dialog. On the Scale tab you need to uncheck the Value axis crosses between categories. Cheers Andy DavidZ wrote: > I am using an area chart to display data over the past 16 quaters and would like the ends of the chart touch the "Y" axis line. Currently the area chart begins in the middl...

Help with Scroll and Zoom Bar for Candle Chart
I am currently doing data manipulation for my series of data. I have Time, Open, High, Low, Close. There are approximately 6000 rows of data that I need to input into the Candle Chart and to do that I require a Scroll and Zoom function. I have been using a template for Scroll/Zoom for a normal basic Line Chart and attempted to reconfigure for a Candle Chart. I have named the following: SCROLLVALUE=Sheet1!$S$31 SERIES1==OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$1,SCROLLVALUE,0,ZOOMVALUE,1) SERIES2==OFFSET(Sheet1!$C$1,SCROLLVALUE,0,ZOOMVALUE,1) SERIES3==OFFSET(Sheet1!$D$1,SCROLLVALUE,0,ZOOMVALUE,1) SERIES4==OFFSET(Shee...

Version 2002 - Org Chart - Creating using wizard with xls Data Source
Hi Guys, I'm creating an org chart using xls spreadsheet as the data source. Is there a way to sort the branches alphabetically automatically? Cheers Unfortunately, the Org Chart solution generates the diagram using a random order. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "u828576" <bitofpacedropshoulder@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OxaL%23dwvHHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi Guys, > > I'm creating an org chart using xls spreadsheet as...

Dynamic Charts #15
Can anyone explain the following formula to me: =Data!$A$5:INDEX(Data!$A:$A,MATCH(9.99999E+307,Data!$A:$A)) I am setting up a dynamic chart and found help on a website, I have used the formula (displayed below) as a dynamic range formula for AllDates that expands when more data is added to the column. The insructions stated that in the Define Names dialog box, type AllDates in the Name Box, and enter this formula in the Refers To box: =Data!$A$5:INDEX(Data!$A:$A,MATCH(9.99999E+307,Data!$A:$A)) The formula does work but I don't understand it, can anyone explain the formula to me? ...

Why does my textbox disappear when I put it on a chart?
I added one text box to my chart and it shows up fine. When I move it to one particular area of the embedded chart, it disappears. I've checked the Order, and it is In Front. krbear: I have found two ways to add text boxes. The way the text box affects is added affects its behavior. Method 1 - I make my text box and simply place it in the chart. It looks ok, however, it disappears when I activate the chart. It doesn't move with the chart. The text box is floating over the chart, it isn't really attached to the chart. Method 2 - I make my text box. I copy or cut it, th...

about radar chart #2
I am new in Excel please let me know about radar chart? for which propouse it will used ? let me some samples ? best You can search in Google for information. For example: http://www.skymark.com/resources/tools/radar_charts.asp http://www.jcrinc.com/subscribers/source.asp?durki=3849&site=48&return=3827 http://onyx.quadbase.com/ECServletDemo/RadarServletDemo.html hassan barjini wrote: > I am new in Excel please let me know about radar chart? for which propouse > it will used ? let me some samples ? > best -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List ...

Box and Whisker Charts
Has anyone ever made one? I've been cranking them out all afternoon. Here's my technique: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerH.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerV.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ Kwalters wrote: > Has anyone ever made one? ...

Hidden data
Why does my chart disappear when I hide the data on the sheet? -- Brisbane Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25096 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=528675 Hi, If the actual chartobject disappears uncheck the move and size with cells property of the chartobject. If you data just disappears then with the chart selected use the menus Tools > Options > Chart > Plot Visible cells only. Cheers Andy Brisbane Rob wr...

axis font excel chart?
how can I change the font of the scale in an excel chart? Right-click on the relevant axis. Format Axis/ Font/ Size: -- David Biddulph "ColinB" <ColinB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B1096F8-87B3-4642-BCC8-0EEE11FE0DED@microsoft.com... > how can I change the font of the scale in an excel chart? ...

Variable Width 100% Stacked Column Chart
Hi, I need to make a variable width 100% stacked column chart (similar t the Column chart with varying width bars from andypope.info but 100 stacked) The x-axis would contain various market segments and the width would b proportional to their size, the y-axis divides each segment up by a attribute. Any ideas? Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Earl - Stephen Bullen has a Variable Width Column Chart example on his web site (http://bmsltd.co.uk), lo...

HELP, My chart dosen't work correctly.
I am working in Excell XP. I have a chart I need to do, but can't get i to work. The chart needs to have a list of text on the left, y axis and it needs to be JUSTIFIED text with text wrap. On the right needs t be a BAR chart showing survey question results. When I get the text to wrap the bars no longer line up with th questions. I am having a hard time with this. Then it must be able t print portrait style on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. Any help would be appreciated. Marshal ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet ...

change font color of first cell in data table attached to chart
When I change the color of my font in a data table that I attached to my column chart, the first cell or what appears to be the name for my first column along the x-axis will not change color. WHY? Hi Momo, >When I change the color of my font in a data table that I attached to my >column chart, the first cell or what appears to be the name for my first >column along the x-axis will not change color. WHY? Because Excel does not work with the data cell formatting for its graphs but only with the data cells volumes... BTW: Afaik you can not use different colors within the x...

total newbee help, please
hi I've got the job to make a simple folder 4-side folder in A5-format. It most be a A4-paper folded once and writings on side 1 and 3. The writings I have as 2 doc-documents (not in size of A5). How do I do make this folder ? (I have WindowsXPpro, Publisher2000 and a good HP-printer) -- erik Denmark A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from erik <fox44REMOVETHIS@c.dk>!"... > I've got the job to make a simple folder 4-side folder in A5-format. > It most be a A4-paper folded once and writings on side 1 and 3. > The writings I have ...

printing group of charts
I have workbook with 11 charts, each on separate chart sheet and I want to print them to PDF. I can not have them printed to one file. Instead they are splitted in 6 files, some with single page, other with 6 pages. I can not find out what is causing it. Can I somehow print to PDF and have one file created ? Thanks for help. Tony I have solved my problem. I had to push the page setup for all charts to be the same and now all is working well. I had to change the page sizes for all to A3 and than back to A4 to push excell to see that they are all the same. Tony "Tony" wrote:...

Multiple Ranges for a Chart
I am trying to use ranges from several pages in one chart. When I set the source data to: =Sheet1!$A$2:$O$2+Sheet2!$A$3:$K$3 I get the following error: Reference is not valid HELP, what am I doing wrong? Are you trying to use ranges from multiple sheets for the same X or Y series? I've never seen that done. You can use X axis ranges from one sheet and Y axis ranges from another. "Vic" wrote: > I am trying to use ranges from several pages in one chart. When I set the > source data to: =Sheet1!$A$2:$O$2+Sheet2!$A$3:$K$3 > > I get the following error:...

Report Totals 03-25-10
I created a report with totals. See below sample. Date Type1 Type2 Servs1 Servs2 Type Total Serv Total 71/2009 10 20 30 35 30 65 7/2/2009 11 22 33 44 33 77 I used the =NZ for Row Totals and =Sum for column Totals. I tried to get column totals for 'Type Total' column and also for 'Serv Total' column. I couldnt figure it out. Can someone please tell me what to do? On Mar 25, 3:54=A0pm, Summing multiple fields on a form ...

Creating a chart via vba
Can anyone help with some example of how to create a chart via VBA? My problem is that the number of rows varies. Regards /Snedker There may not be any need for VBA. See the Excel | Tutorials | 'Dynamic Charts' page of my web site for options. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <r7ussv44bp0hhjh8tfqircph9nak5kp0hq@4ax.com>, morten@nospam_dbconsult.dk says... > Can anyone help with some example of how to create a chart via VBA? My > problem is ...

Need shaded area in gantt chart to show lines around each grid squ
Hi - I have created a gantt chart using excel 2002. I have a shaded area on my chart from 9/1-9/10/07. Can I make the shaded area show lines through it? This would make it much easier to follow down the page on the date selected. I know it is easily done in excel when you fill in say 3 squares in yellow and then highlight the area and select borders. I tried doing this in my chart, but can not make it work. Any help would be appreciated. -- Karen W. ...

Copy Data from Chart to Chart #2
I have to create separate charts for ten employees. I want to have all the data on one sheet tab. Create the chart on another tab for employee 1, format the chart the way I want and be able to add the data for employee 2, 3, 4, etc. to each tab, using the same format for chart 1 so they all match. So there should be one tab for raw data and 10 tabs for each employee. I’m using Excel 2000 Thank you Karen - Make a chart for the first employee, and make it look just the way you want it. Then right click on the sheet tab, select Move or Copy, and make a copy. Then make eight more copies....

An Issue with sub-total
What is the best way to do this : I have several columns in my spreadsheet, I sub-totaled every change in Sta tement. When i compress the file, of course, the only visible rows are the sub totals which says: statement1 total xxx statement2 total xxx statement3 total xxx is there a way for me to see the column contents so that my spreadsheet will look like this : Account Statment Amount 1000 Statement1 total xxxx 2000 Statement2 total xxxx 3000 Statement3total xxxx I tried data fill. But wont work thanks and have a great new year everyone d...

Dynamic Charting Question
I'm attempting to set up a dynamic chart. So far, I've defined a name for cells B33:M33 (using the following offset equation). =OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$33,0,0,1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$33:$33)-1) I'd like to be able to add more columns after M and the chart will automatically pick it up. We have a graph that currently includes B33:M33 as the X axis values for a line chart. How do I change the information in the chart to include the determined dynamic range for X? Thanks in advance, Barb Reinhardt I've figured out what I need to edit to get the series to change, but is there ...

Stacked Column Chart Issue
Excel 2003 Chart type: Stacked Column/Area Problem: The stacked column portion of the chart has 3 points of data on each column. The top 2 points of data on the chart are in line with each other, but the bottom data point is slightly offset to the left. Not a big deal, but visually it bugs me. Question: Why does it do this? Can it be corrected? Thanks in advance ...