Chart template not saving title formats - Excel 2007

Hi - I have a chart saved as a template and everything is formatted correctly
when applied to a new chart, except the chart and axis titles. The category
and value axis values maintain the formatting that was stored with the chart.
It's just the titles for the chart, category axis and value axis that I have
to always reformat.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
0
Tammy (89)

Hi Tammy, chart templates will not save titles. Privacy was one of the
concerns when considering that templates could be shared broadly without
knowledge of what the template might contain.

--
Thanks,
Christopher

"Tammy" wrote:

> Hi - I have a chart saved as a template and everything is formatted correctly
> when applied to a new chart, except the chart and axis titles. The category
> and value axis values maintain the formatting that was stored with the chart.
> It's just the titles for the chart, category axis and value axis that I have
> to always reformat.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
0
chscott1 (27)
10/8/2008 8:04:07 AM
On Wed, 8 Oct 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
"Christopher Scott [MSFT]" <chscott@discussions.microsoft.com> said:
>chart templates will not save titles. Privacy was one of the
>concerns when considering that templates could be shared broadly without
>knowledge of what the template might contain.

That was a reasonable concern, but should have been addressed by making
the Title get its content from a reference to a cell, and not be stored
in the chart itself. There is now no place to put the content you wish
to have in a title, unless the chart consists of only a single series,
when the title will then be the name of that series.

Another piece of metadata missing from Excel charts is "Reference" or
"Citation". This should, again, refer to a cell on the worksheet, and be
displayed in text at the bottom of the chart. I usually wish to place a
URL there, and have to resort to a text box to do it.

--
Del Cotter
del1907 (586)

I can understand the *text* within the title placeholder not being saved,
but not saving the *formatting* for the placeholder makes no sense. I'm not
sure what privacy issues this would violate. But, it is what it is, and I
have an answer to my question - so, thanks again!

Have a great day!

"Christopher Scott [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Tammy, chart templates will not save titles. Privacy was one of the
> concerns when considering that templates could be shared broadly without
> knowledge of what the template might contain.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Christopher

> "Tammy" wrote:
>
> > Hi - I have a chart saved as a template and everything is formatted correctly
> > when applied to a new chart, except the chart and axis titles. The category
> > and value axis values maintain the formatting that was stored with the chart.
> > It's just the titles for the chart, category axis and value axis that I have
> > to always reformat.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks!
0
Tammy (89)

Excel 2007

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel not Access

help with simple maths in excel

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

Opening Excel Workbooks

Grammar check not working

How do I use traffic lights in excel

formula based on format

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

formating date from general2 custom
I have an input xls file with the date but like this: Wed May 14 00:00:00 GMT-05:00 2008 I need to have just following format dd/mm/yyyy I tried to format it using Format->Cells->Date or Format->Cells- >Custom but this is failing. Nothing changed. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. Vlad <vladimir.vaynshtok@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1013b138-352b-4799-81ba-9508b74a1850@t54g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have an input xls file with the date but like this: > > Wed May 14 00:00:00 GMT-05:00 2008 > > I need to have just following format > > d...

Exchange 2007 across account search

Embedded Chart Versus Chart
I've created a class module to capture a Shift+Click on a pivot chart, which then opens the data associated with that point. It works great on pivot charts on their own sheet, but when I use the same code on an embedded chart, it fails (error code -2147417848). Everything seems to work fine, it derives the same row and column values as needed, but the ShowDetail property is unavailable in the embedded charts. Anyone have any insight? james Igoe || james.igoe@gmail.com || http://code.comparative-advantage.com I eventually solved my problem, simply using "On Error Resume Next&...