Chart sizes with window frame check box is frozen in the 'ON' star

I am running Excel 2000 under Windows XP on my laptop.  Under the
Tools:Options menu on the Chart tab, there is a check box labeled "Chart
sizes with window frame".  The box is checked.  If I uncheck the box the
check mark disappears, but when I click 'OK', nothing happens to the chart
and the zoom control in the toolbar does not activate.  When I open the
Tools:Options menu again, the check mark reappears.  It will not turn off.  I
have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no effect.  I have compared
settings with my Excel 2000 installations on my desktop systems at home and
at work (which both work correctly) and there are no obvious differences.

Any ideas about what might be wrong and how to correct it would be
appreciated.

Stacked-Clustered Charts
I've tried changing the Chart Type on one of the data series to a Line graph. The data shows as a Series in the Legend, but not in the Chart Area. Debbie, I tried to replicate your problem but can't. Could you provide some more information such as what kind of chart you are using, maybe the series colors, etc. Thanks. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Debbie" wrote: > I've tried changing the Chart Type on one of the data series to a Line graph. > The data shows as a Series in the Legend, but not in the Chart Area. I have columns and s...

Usb Drivers for Blackberry windows xp service pack 3
I installed the blackberry desktop with a prior blackberry bold 9000 and the system reconized and installed the drivers no prob.... however since switching to the blackberry 9700 it won't install and cannot find the drivers for the usb connection to engage syncing...... Ive tried adding it manually through device manager...but for some reason it just won't install..... Does anyone have any idea why this is happening..... I have the same setup on my windows 7 laptop and the driver installed no problem.....once i connected the device!?!?!?! OH and to mention....thi...

How do I draw a floating cluster Gantt Chart with VBA.
In this case, I want to use VBA only. No Scheduling tools. My field of application is Construction where you repeatedly compare Schedule of Estimated Data, Actual Data and Final Forecast. The following data would drive a floating cluster of 3 bars, Estimated, Actual and Forecast Finish from the current Report Date. Activity# | Estimated Start | Estimated Finish | Actual Start | Actual Finish | Forecast Finish | % Complete Dim's ..... Set Series = ....... Set ReportDate = .... For I = 1 to Ser.Points.Count Draw Estimated bar from Estimated Start to Estimated Finish [Blue 1...

Text Box Coding
What coding would accomplish this in a text box? When you enter or paste a number like this: 000027250546897 It will then become this: 27250546897 On the after update or whichever is event most appropriate. Thanks Curtis If this text box is bound to a Number field, you don't have to do anything. Access will remove the leading zeros for you. If the control is unbound, set its Format property to: General Number Access will recognise it as a number (provided you paste a number) and remove the leading zeros. If you need to code it, use Val(). Test if is IsNull() first. -- All...

Potential size of the CRM database
This may be one for MS themselves. My understanding is that "document attachments" in the notes section throughout MSCRM actually get stored in the CRM database as opposed to being links through to the original documents stored on the network. Bearing in mind the size of some word, excel, pdf, etc documents, doesn't this mean that the CRM database is going to be unmangeable very quickly?....not to mention the need to spend an enormous amount of time ensuring accurate version control. Please advise asap as this is going to impact on a number of installations!! Yes, the docu...

Outlook 2007, Windows Vista 64 bit
I used Outlook 2007 without any problem in Vista 32 bit before I upgraded from Vista 32 bit to 64 bit. I downloaded Office 2007 again and the first time I opened Outlook after that, I configured it with my mail settings(although it froze and never showed me the inbox). And whenever I try opening Outlook even in safe mode, the window stops responding and I have to kill it. I have uninstalled Office and tried reinstalling but to no avail. Please suggest a solution to this. I appreciate your help! Regards, Neha See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm ...

Sheet size in workbook
Hi, is there a way to find out the size of each sheet in a workbook? Thank's ahead Precision: Is there a way to find out the number of bytes used by a sheet? Precision: Is there a way to find out the number of bytes used by a sheet? You could get kind of an estimate by looking at the current size, deleting the sheet and saving the workbook without the sheet--then subtract the sizes. But it's just an estimate. (and don't damage your real workbook--do it against copies!) Bobby wrote: > > Precision: Is there a way to find out the number of bytes used by a > sheet? ...

My Y-axis label is cut off in Excel charts
When I create charts in Excel the Y-axis label is cut-off. It prints fine, but when I export the charts to other Microsoft documents (Word, Powerpoint) the cut-off label is still there and does not print out right. This is a known bug. A workaround is to add some periods to the end of the text and format these (font colour) so they invisible. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "tex_brazil" <tex_brazil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA0324BC-987E-412E-B3D0-5E1CB2623305@microsoft.com... > When I create ...

Windows Update Automatic When I Want Manual
I have set Windows update to notify me when there are updates to download and install..but recently, they have been downloading and installing automatically! I don't know what else to do now! Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. With any of the Automatic Updates options selected, you will only see AU's yellow "Updates are ready to be installed" icon when *all* of the approved updates have downloaded or in...

Combo box change to run Macro
I have a combo box on the frmAssessment with a list of Assessors from a lookup table. I want to send an email to the Assessor who's name is displayed in the box either when a new entry or a change of names when editing. I created a macro with a condition of [RNAssessor] = "Jane Doe" and the action SendObject with Jane Doe's email address - similarly for each Assessor's name. The problem I'm having is I cannot get the event to trigger. I tried the OnChange and AfterUpdate events and they don't work. Any help you can give me will be much app...

WINDOWS LIVE MAIL 0x800CCCOF
WINDOWS LIVE MAIL 0x800CCCOF I have used Live Mail for say a year pulling without any problem 3 different yahoo.co.uk email addresses. Recently I keep getting intermittently this error. 0x800CCCOF Sometimes on one account sometimes on 2 sometimes on all three yahoo.co.uk. I do not gett this error when only synchronizing (send/receive) talktalk.net e mail address. If I patiently synchronize (send/receive) several times I will eventually be able to get the messages but it can take many attempts over say 15 minutes. So it is irritating and feels somewhat unreliable. I use the payi...

cannot install Office home and student (vista) on windows 7 os
Can someone help me install 0ffice home and student (vista) on windows 7? No onscreen prompts when putting disc in drive. nor does prompt appear after clicking on "setup" file. -- p58 That's a Windows problem. It sounds like you have disable the Auto Run function. Go to the Control Panel, Autoplay app and set CDs to either Prompt for your input or to Auto Run. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "passons58" <passons58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E1C63EC-2301-45B9-AD55-0B329A1C1B19@microsoft.com... > Can someone help me in...

Windows Live Mail not marking newly posted news messages as Watched
When I post a new message in a newsgroup with Windows Live Mail, I want it to be marked as Watched. This is not happening with all of my news accounts (I have an msnews.microsoft.com and Microsoft Answers account, the Microsoft Answers account is not marking my new posts as Watched). How can I fix this? Thanks. -- Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/ If you're using the NNTP Bridge for Microsoft Answers, message rules do not work for that. It should work with MSNews. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial...

list box
hi, Im new to MFC.I have a structure in my program.I want the members of that structure and its corresponding values to be listed in a list box.I want it to be as an event of clicking a button i.e on clicking a button the event must list all the values of the members in the structure in a list box. How can it be done? thanks in advance. R.Sudharsan. .. "sudharsan" <sudhar_san84@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message news:031c01c3777f$df158fb0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > Im new to MFC.I have a structure in my program.I want the > members of that structure and ...

how to add drop box in a spreadsheet
I want to add a drop box in a spreadsheet for people to select yes or no and for production and shipment. It will not link to any database nor it will be used as a data entry, How to add such a drop list to a cell in the spreadsheet????. I believe it's under the "data" tab... "Manat work" <Manat work@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A99B31E-3CB4-4BCE-BEB3-9C42F4975702@microsoft.com... >I want to add a drop box in a spreadsheet for people to select yes or no >and > for production and shipment. It will not link to any database nor it ...

TAB Control + Dialogbar dialog box
Hi I am using VC++ 7.0. I am having a tab control which display dialog boxes. I didnt used property sheets. Now I want to change the color for the tabs and dialogs also. Currently if I change the color of the dialog box and switch between two tabs the background doesnt get erased. I do I change the color of the dialog and tab buttons ? ...

clearing range of checks when balancing chk, acct.
Hi, I asked this question a few years ago, but never got a reply. So, not sure it can be done, or if they changed it in 05. When balancing a check book, and clearing checks, how can you clear a range of numbered chks? I usually check one off at a time, but there must be a way to clear several of them at once? thanks bruce There isn't. But: if you select the first in the range, hit the space bar, hit the space bar, hit the space bar, hit the space bar... If you are really good, you can just hold the space bar down and let it auto repeat. "Brucefl" <Thisisnotreal@no.c...

Chart formatting
Hello, I have a vertical bar chart (ie. a 'column' chart) with staff names along the bottom (x) axis and their hours up the vertical (y) axis. The staff names are rotated by 90 degrees so they read 'upwards'. There are a large number of staff and to make the chart readable I split the staff into 2 equal groups and have a separate chart for each. The charts are identical in format (or at least I thought they were) and differ only in the data they display. On the 2nd chart, long staff names are sometimes not printed properly, the name is truncated. eg. 'Jeremiah Millhouse&#...

Change Gradient Fill Colors of Bar Chart data points
I’m trying to modify the gradient fill colors of single data points on a bar charts (in Excel 2007). The bar chart already has gradient fills defined manually. I think I need to alter different child properties of .Interior, not the ..ColorIndex property that would apply to non-gradient fills. I’ve waded through the object model and help file and tried all kind of syntaxes, but can’t get at the gradient without raising an error such as “Run-time error ‘1004′: Application-defined or Object-defined error” or “Run-time error ‘438′: Object doesn’t support this property or method”. ...

Change permanantly default chart settings like colour, font..
I use excel to plot graphs for class quite often, and these graphs have to adhere to some criteria like having a white plot area, small crosses for datapoints, etc.. So far, when I plot graphs, Excel will use its default dark grey plot area and big diamond datapoints and Arial bolded font for axis labels, and I will have to change the settings manually.. I was wondering if there is any way of telling Excel to automatically generate a plot with the white background and all that other stuff? changing 30 sets of parameters a week is really getting on my nerves.. :P thanks in advance for...

Remittance Check Number on PM History Records
Currently you can't print a history report that will show you what was included on a remittance or check stub from a check that has already been posted and moved to history. If the PM30200 table had a column that showed the Remittance Check Number for every record, then we could print history remittance report. Some customers are trying to print a report at the end of each month to give to their vendors that show all the checks that were paid to them and the detail of what was on each check. If you had a invoice and credit memo for the same amount and applied to each other, there...

Help with front page drop down box
Hi, i need to know how to direct people to the drop down option they select from a website Try this: http://www.echoecho.com/tooldropdown.htm -- ~ Kathleen Anderson Microsoft MVP - Expression Web Spider Web Woman Designs Expression Web Resources: http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/xweb/ Expression Web Wiki: http://expression-web-wiki.com/ FrontPage Resources: http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/ Please reply to the newsgroup for the benefit of others "Michael" <icouldbeelvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8309C283-377B-4A6B-A7FD-3A6508...

"Margins do not fit page size" Error
I have a couple of files giving me an error stating "margins do not fit page size". Other Excel files are working fine. Basically when I go to preview / page setup / and drag the blue dotted line - then the error occurs and I get blue dotted lines around all cells indicating 100's of print pages. Also if I go to print preview and adjust the scale - it seems to be adjusting the viewable scale - and not the printed scale. The viewable image ( preview window) displays the adjusted scale amount - but the printed page remains the same. ( example: if I choose 10% as the scale - th...

Office 2003 & Windows 7
I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 and all went reasonably smoothly. I reinstalled Office 2003 from my original install discs that came with the computer. They activated fine. But now whenever I start an Office 2003 program - Word, Outlook, Excel etc. - I am constantly prompted to accept the EULA. Surely once should be enough. How do I stop these prompts? Google is your friend: "You must accept the Office End User License Agreement every time that = you start an Office program" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202 Daddy "Alan Canada" <Alan Can...

Room booking system using a Gantt chart
Hi, I am trying to set up a room booking system using a Gantt chart approach. I am working on a working example that I downloaded from John Lacher's site (http://lacher.com/examples/lacher24.htm), which almost meets my needs. His example display a room booking system over a 24 hour period. What I need it to do it to show a room booking system over a weekly/monthly period, etc. I have tinkered around with it endlessly but cannot get anywhere. Everytime I format the y axis to date format the chart goes ski-wift - after 6 hours it's starting to drive me bananas! Could someon...