Chart series #3

Hi,

I want to create a chart with data in A1:E10.  Combine the four series into
one.

A = date
b,c,d,e = data

Excel 2007: one column, one series.  Is there a way around the one column?
Deleted the series legend but the data appears in four different shapes and
colors.

Thanks
0
rene (35)

You can format the other three series to look like the first.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Rene" <Rene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to create a chart with data in A1:E10.  Combine the four series
> into
> one.
>
> A = date
> b,c,d,e = data
>

> Excel 2007: one column, one series.  Is there a way around the one column?
> Deleted the series legend but the data appears in four different shapes
> and
> colors.
>
> Thanks

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Tractor Fed label roll gets 3.3 inch feed at end of page? How do.
Once again I begin what seems like a simple project and reality hits me with a two by four on the back of the head. THE ISSUE: Continuous form, custom product and serial number label for our products that feeds a Page Break at the end of the page in letter size page. I’ve used the Label Wizard and I defined the label as continuous, yet after 6 labels that print perfectly, I get a feed of 3.375 inches. I’ve looked everywhere in Access and I cannot find a way to override this automatic feed. THE SOFTWARE: Access 2002 SP3 THE PRINTER: Okidata Microline ML591, Dot Matrix 24 Pin, Rear Tra...

Format Chart Area
In Office 2003 (v11.0) the "Format Chart Area" window has the "shadow" check box, but is missing the "Round corners" check box. Are there any suggestions for restoring this check box, short of reinstalling. -- Thank you Best Regards John -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "John Smith" wrote: > In Office 2003 (v11.0) the "Format Chart Area" window has the "shadow" check > box, but is missing the "Round corners" check box. Are there any suggestions > for restoring this c...

How do you close a CRM 3.0 Service Ticket?
We just started using CRM 3.0 and are testing it out. There doesn't seem to be a way to close a service ticket in CRM 3.0. How do you close a ticket in CRM 3.0? While inside the case record, from the actions menu, select resolve case or cancel case. "DeWayne" wrote: > We just started using CRM 3.0 and are testing it out. There doesn't seem to > be a way to close a service ticket in CRM 3.0. How do you close a ticket in > CRM 3.0? I figured it out just moments before reading your post, but thanks for the help anyway. "Jason Lattimer" wrote: > ...

Please help #3
What does it mean when your publication has a blue screen with a pink background? That is what happens when I open Publisher. I cannot tell what colors are what. It means yucky colour scheme. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" mlyon1@hotmail.com wrote: > What does it mean when your publication has a blue screen > with a pink background? That is what happens when I open > Publisher. I cannot tell what colors are what. =========================== Maybe the info at the following link will help: http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd...

Pivot Chart
I am studying for a test and created a pivot chart successfully. The instructions then say to select the chart and go to 3dView. My 3d View is greyed out. Where did I go wrong? Thank you. First, change the chart to a 3-D sub-type: Select the chart Choose Chart>Chart type From the sub-types, select a 3-D type Click OK Then, the 3-D View command will be available on the menu. ~D~ wrote: > I am studying for a test and created a pivot chart successfully. The > instructions then say to select the chart > and go to 3dView. My 3d View is greyed out. > > Where di...

Database Query #3
I posted this earlier with no replies. Anyone got any ideas? I am using a database query to retrieve data from another database excel file. The problem I am having is that the column of data which I have contains records which have both text and number formats. When the data transfers, it only brings those records which are number format. Is there any way to make is so that the database query will pull both number and text formats, as I can't easily change it so that it is one or the other? Thanks The following article in Dick Kusleika's web log may help: http://www.di...

Upgrading reports from CRM 3.0 to 4.0
Having spent around 10 hours trying to upgrade a custom report from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0, I thought I’d post a message to share my pain and the solution! It appears that in CRM 4.0 Microsoft have made a change to the way in which the standard reports retrieve the name of the user running the report. I have been unable to find any documentation about this. If you have a custom report that is based on a standard CRM 3.0 report (i.e. it has the CRM_FullName parameter & UserInfo dataset) and upload it into CRM 4.0 then try to run it, you may get either of the following behaviours • Th...

Linked Charts Lose Formatting
I'm creating a "dashboard" for my company, and as part of this, am linking various information (charts, tables, documents) into one Excel file, and I'm then saving the file as a web page for others to browse. Everything seems to be working, but some of the charts I've copied from another Excel file are losing their numeric formatting. For example, the horizontal axis is formatted as dates in the original file, but in the linked file, they show up as the date serial number (i.e., 39325, 39326, etc.). Also, the numbers in the data table for the chart are no long...

Removing wire frame in 3D surface chart.
I'm am experiencing difficulty to view 3D surface chart as the number of data points are increased due to the wire frames in the chart. Is there any way to remove wire frame in a 3D chart? Thanks, Hi Changyok, To get rid of the frame you need to set the border for each of the legend entries to none. The quickest way to do this is to click the legend, then click the legend marker for the first entry. Double click and set the border to none. After the dialog is closed use the left arrow key to move to the next entry. Press F4 to apply changes to the series. repeat for all entries. C...

CRM 3.0 crm Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router
HI all, i send the email from CRM to other people. but no have any recipient received the mail. i go event viewer check, no have any error msg found. my CRM 3.0 Server is install in computer a, Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router is on another server. what can i do to find out the what cause the email can't send. any help will be greatly apprieated. Hi, When i run Rule Deployment Wizard - and apply the rule to accounts, then i run Rule Deployment Wizard -and verify the rules. all users get the error message "The rule is apply but is not enabled" what does this mean? a...

Add source data to an existing chart?
Hello! I am building a chart to display, by date, data in columns G (breakfast), D (lunch), and J (dinner). I can get the chart with dates along one axis and column G along the other, but how do I add the data from D and J to create a stacked bar, to show for each day how each of the three columns compare and give a daily total for all three meals? :confused: THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP! :) -- navychef ------------------------------------------------------------------------ navychef's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29457 View this threa...

plots sent to to a chart tab do not show plot & I loss the plot
I have a spreadsheet that has a chart tab with a plot of data from another part of the spreadsheet. Now, however, the chart is empty and when I try to send any plot to a chart tab the plot is lost and the chart tab is empty. This is happening now in all my spreadsheets the plot can be created within a spreadsheet but as soon as I move it to a tab the plot is lost and the chart tab has nothing in it. !!!????!!!! ...

combine cells #3
Hello, say you have Mindy in A1, Thomas in B1, how can you combine those in C1 with a space between the names? Mindy, here is one way, =A1& " " & B1 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Mindy" <Mindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:366327F8-7573-42A3-BF1A-9AEBE0275839@microsoft.com... > Hello, say you have Mindy in A1, Thomas in B1, how can you combine those > i...

Combination charts #8
I am new to Excel 2007. I cannot find how to plot a combination chart - stacked area with a line superimposed but not stacked. Values of line and total stacked area will be of the same order of magnitude Debbie: I don't think you can do it in 007. Charts like this that I prepared in 003 and brought into 007 went bonkers. Even stacked column charts have problems with the non-stacked line. On Feb 12, 8:52 am, Debbie424242 <Debbie424...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am new to Excel 2007. I cannot find how to plot a combination chart - > stacked area with a l...

Pivot Chart update
I'm using Excel 2007. I created a simple 2 column pivot table and a pivot chart based on the table. When I change the filtering on the table the chart doesn't update to the new values like it is supposed to. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be turned on or what????? Hi Sharon I have a Pivot Chart in EXCEL 2007 on the screen in front of me. There isn’t a setting that needs to be turned on. In my PivotTable Field List I have two items selected:- MARKET Revenue Last Year I have another field:- REGION - turned off at the moment. I drag REGIO...

Quickbooks #3
Are there any hints on how to import QuickBooks 2004 data into Money 2005 Small Business? thanks m AFAIK it ain't possible. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "MR" <comconix@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:%23TVLtpb%23EHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx...

New functionalities in version 3.0
Hi, I'm looking for any specyfication of new functionalities in version 3.0. We are writing new functionalites in base of 1.2 version - maybe it will not needed and we spend time. search google for microsoft crm and you will see lots of news items related to version 3.0 -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rafal" <Rafal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C72D354-3ACC-479D-9B17-BC65036F978A@microsoft.com... > Hi, I'm looking for any specyfication of new functionalities in version 3.0. > We are writing new functionali...

Copying charts
I'm using office 2000 SP3, win 2000. I routinely paste excel charts into word as enhanced metafiles and set the line thicknesses and font sizes in excel to produce similar looking charts. I have just installed SP3 and now I find that when the charts are pasted into word, the font and line thickness now appear much smaller than they did with SP2. Do you know why it has done this and is there a solution? Thanks Charles ...

Average Question Again #3
I am confused as to what I should do. Thanks for all your help th answer I need is the average of a group of numbers. Maybe I entered th formula wrong I really am not sure what to do -- mikeee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27013 ...

Function VBA
Dear expert, I am not good at function VBA, but I know that can help me to save a lot of memory. Say a cell in K10, L10 and M10 Contain figures 7,8,10 How can I write a function say in J10 type =cross(K10,L10,M10) Outcome can be 4. If And(M10>L10, L10>K10) = Show "All DOWN" If And(K10>L10, L10>M10) = Show "All UP" If And(K10>L10, L10<M10) = Show "K cross L UP" If And(K10<L10, L10>M10) = Show "K cross L down" Now I have a lengthy function in J10 which is going to copy from J10 to J32000 =IF(AND(K10>L10,L10&g...

Multiple companies / 1 report dictionary / 3 different check stubs
We currently use a modified "Direct Deposit Statement of Earnings" and Employee Checks Stub on Top and Bottom - L" reports to print paychecks/direct deposit statements. We need 3 versions of this modified report because we have three different companies and the checks require 3 different signatures. Other than the different signatures, the report layouts are identical. We use one reports dictionary for all three companies. How best to achieve this? Best regards, Caroline This is what I would try. You have one format for a check and you can export it out from tool...

Close Past Appointments automatically in CRM 3.0
In CRM 1.2 there use to be a stored procedure that would automatically close past appointments. In CRM 3.0 the SQL Job is still listed but the stored procedure is gone. Is there a way to get this back in CRM 3.0? Thanks Angela You can do that with workflows. Take a look at this blog post: http://www.cwrmobility.nl/weblog/2006/01/automatically-close-appointments-after.html HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "astuartmills" <astuartmills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46BBBB6B-93AD-451F-810A-C8B42F750221@microsoft.com... &g...

CStdioFile #3
Dear All I am trying to open a file in Write mode without truncating it, but everytime it keeps getting truncating and only contains the last written line! What am I doing wrong here? Please help Thanks Srishti CStdioFile fileExOut; if( fileExOut.Open(Path, CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeNoTruncate | CFile::modeWrite | CFile::typeText)== FALSE ) { : : } else { fileExOut.WriteString( String + sNEWLINE ); } On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 12:41:02 -0700, Sonu <sonu@online.nospam> wrote: >Dear All >I am trying to open a file in Write mode without truncating it, but >everytime it keeps g...

SBS 2008 and WSUS 3.0 question
Hi, In my SBS console under Updates I can see all the Updates that are waiting to be deployed (or not). Underneath that I can see Updates In Progress where there are around 25 updates with a yellow exclamation mark on which are reporting In Progress. They have been like this for over a week. When i look at the deployment report for these items I can see a pattern. On one item for example, the update has "installed" on the machines in the office, "Not Applicable" on the servers and "not installed" on some of the laptops which aren't connected ...

Adding user CAL to Action Pack CRM 3.0 SBE
Hello, We have CRM 3.0 SBE installed from our Action Pack subscription. We have need to go beyond the 10 included user licenses and have purchased 2 more SBE user CALs through Microsoft Open Licensing (along with a 5-pack of 2003 SBS CALs we needed). The problem is on the eopen website where I get the license keys for the 2003 SBS CALs, the new CRM user CALs are listed but there is no license key. I have no idea how to get the key needed to add the licenses we just purchased to our current CRM installation. I can't even seem to find anyone to call who even understands the problem. ...