Chart Scale #2

Is it possible if I have 2 charts in one, both with different scales (1st one
-50 to 200 and the 2nd one 1000 to 1500) to take out from the y-axis part of
the scale, say for example, take out from 210 to 900, so overall i have a
clearer chart, with a scale -50 to 200 and then 1000 to 1500????

Thanks for the help.
0
chelo (4)

have a look here http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html.  these might
help
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"chelo" wrote:

> Is it possible if I have 2 charts in one, both with different scales (1st one
> -50 to 200 and the 2nd one 1000 to 1500) to take out from the y-axis part of
> the scale, say for example, take out from 210 to 900, so overall i have a
> clearer chart, with a scale -50 to 200 and then 1000 to 1500????
>
> Thanks for the help.
0
John1063 (943)
4/17/2007 5:50:01 PM
I had a look, but did not find exactly what I need. Do you know how to do it??
Thanks for your help

"John" wrote:

> have a look here http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html.  these might
> help
> --
> John
> MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003
> Please reply & rate any replies you get
>
> Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)
>

> "chelo" wrote:
>
> > Is it possible if I have 2 charts in one, both with different scales (1st one
> > -50 to 200 and the 2nd one 1000 to 1500) to take out from the y-axis part of
> > the scale, say for example, take out from 210 to 900, so overall i have a
> > clearer chart, with a scale -50 to 200 and then 1000 to 1500????
> >
> > Thanks for the help.
0
chelo (4)

Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #(2,3,4,18,21,23)?
Those are the Devices on my Dell Laptop that aren't working and are causing me to not be able to accesss the internet and the error message on Device Manager says that it can not run because Microsoft cant load the needed drivers. Can anyone tell me what these Adapters are & how they work, and how do i fix the Drivers problem? -- TheronJR Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com "TheronJR" <TheronJR.43nr03@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:TheronJR.43nr03@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... > > Those are the Devices on my Dell Lapto...

Opinions , info ... #2
Hello, I would like to ask the following question. Now, we have several company's with there own e-mail suffix for example test@company1.be , test@company2.pl , test@company3.fr , and there own local provider and IT infrastruture. What we would like is that all these company's get an e-mail address like @company.com. What is the easiest way to do this ? Can we use a pop3 server ? The company with .pl use there own exchange now but aren't connected to the main facility. Thx for the info ...

Formula in Chart Title
I want a chart title to say: FORCAST THROUGH 26 SEP 05. Where the date is located in cell J1. What would the formula be? Thanks, Phil In another cell, e.g. J2, enter the formula: ="FORECAST THROUGH " & UPPER(TEXT(J1,"dd mmm yy")) Select the chart Type an equal sign, then click on the cell that contains the formula Press the Enter key Move and format the text box that contains the title text. Phil Hageman wrote: > I want a chart title to say: FORCAST THROUGH 26 SEP 05. Where the date is > located in cell J1. What would the formula be? > Thanks, Ph...

how can I use my e-mail addresses on excel xp with microsoft outlo #2
I need to use my addresses on Excel xp with Microsoft outlook. I want to use my excel file as a database that I can change and improve everyday. I need to send mails to more than 1 contact, so creating an e.mail link is not enough for me: in fact, if I click on it, I send my mail only to 1 address... Txs ...

2 Bars and 2 Y Axis Chart
When I try to create a chart with 2 bars with two different Y axis, Excel stacks the bars. I just want two seperate bars. I change one to a line it works fine. Please Help ... am I missing something? Thanks DG This article might help: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ DG wrote: > When I try to create a chart with 2 bars with two different Y axis, Excel > stacks the bars. I just want two seperate bars. I change o...

Formatting the result of a VLookup / Custom Formatting #2
Hi, I am having difficulty formatting a cell which contains both text and a VLOOKUP formulae. I have an example of the cell below: ="Here lies the text before Vlookup " &VLOOKUP($M$20,sheet1!$B$10:$L$1445,8,FALSE)&" Here lies follow-up text" The VLookup should return a date but instead is returning a string of numbers. I'm sure there is a way of setting the format within the formulae using dd/mm/yy somewhere. Could anyone tell me how to do this? ...

Backing Up Outlook Express 6 #2
Can it be done (address book / messages), and if so, how please ? Thanks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups microsoft.public.windows.inetex...

how do I set up a moving average in Excel #2
I am trying to set up a 7 day moving average and cannot figure out how to set it up? Any help would be great. Assume you have numbers to average in row 1, beginning at column 1 and going across the sheet. At G2, enter this formula: =AVERAGE(A1:G1) and simply extend the formula to the right, it will automatically give the average of the value above it and in the 6 cells to the right of that cell, sliding as it goes. Hope this helps. "p-nut" wrote: > I am trying to set up a 7 day moving average and cannot figure out how to set > it up? Any help would be great. ...

Linking a chart
Can you link a chart on one sheet to the data on another sheet to automatically update the chart when more or new data is added to the data sheet? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks Ed -- changetires ------------------------------------------------------------------------ changetires's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35414 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=556954 Hi, See Jon's pages for information on both parts of your question. On different sheets http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDif...

how do i create a macro that would check the contents of cells #2
Hi, I am stcuk on Excel VB. I am trying to create a macro that when run would check to see if there is an 'X' in 6 specific cells on a row(the cells are next to each other), there is an X in all of them it would then display a msg saying 'not possible', else it would not doing anything. I hope i did pass the problem across in a sensible manner. Thanks for helping. You wouldn't need to use VB for this. You could just use Data Validation. Select your 6 cells, then select "Data" from the menu bar, then select "Validation..." In the ALLOW box, sele...

simple formula #2
Cell A4 = A1 + B3 Cell B4 = D1 + E3 C4 = G1 + H3 And so on. How can I write the formulat in A4 so that I can just drag that cell to cells B4, C4, D4 etc. so that it'll use the correct intervals of the other two rows? Can anyone help please thanks Hi enter the following in A4 =OFFSET($A$1,0,(ROW()-4)*3)+OFFSET($B$3,0,(ROW()-4)*3) and copy down -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ash T. wrote: > Cell A4 = A1 + B3 > Cell B4 = D1 + E3 > C4 = G1 + H3 > And so on. How can I write the formulat in A4 so that I > can just drag that cell to cells B4, C4,...

goal line in excel chart
How do I add a line that shows the goal to a chart. Hi, Try this example, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html Cheers Andy Warren Lehndorfer wrote: > How do I add a line that shows the goal to a chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

RMS 2.0 SP2 "does not enable remote access"
In the Microsoft article "How Microsoft Dynamics RMS can help with PCI compliance", there is a single mention of "Microsoft Dynamics RMS does not enable remote access". Unfortunately, the article doesn't explain exactly what this means. Does this mean after installing RMS SP2 that I won't be able to administer our Server remotely? Or is RMS itself somehow restricted? Or the POS's? I'm sorry Microsoft--this sentence raises more questions that it explains. thanks, randy This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_027A_01C8D...

Is there a limit to the number of points in a chart source data
I'm trying to put in a value range in a chart. The cells are every other cell. When I start selecting the cells I can only click on 10 cells. On number 11 I get a bell sound and the value source data block goes back to displaying only a =. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thx Hi, There is a limit to the number of data points, 32k, but that is not the limit you are hitting. The series formula has a limit. The series formula looks something like this. This is for a chart based on data in B2:B5 with axis labels in A2:A5 and series name in B1. =SERIES(Sheet1!$B$1,Sheet1!$A$...

Pivot table refresh #2
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").PivotCache.Refresh ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotCache.Refresh End Sub I am using the above macro to refresh two pivot tables on the same worksheet. the problem is when I change a value on the worksheet and the macro runs, it seems to run as an endless loop. Please help. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) application.enableevents = false ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").PivotCache.Refresh ActiveSheet.PivotTabl...

office:mac #2
I just purchased office:mac 2004 and was wondering what the seal is supposed to look like. Mine looks like someone left off a small piece of the seal in the middle with a silver line through it and red writing on the silver line. Does that make any since? The guy at Staples said it is supposed to look like that. Help.....thanks! On 17/10/07 11:14 AM, in article 1192583675.602242.208900@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com, "sstewart@mcleodusa.net" <sstewart@mcleodusa.net> wrote: > I just purchased office:mac 2004 and was wondering what the seal is > supposed to look like. ...

Description of booket Printed when 2 A4 sheets are printed on A3 p
I want to print a booklet. the information tells me to use 11.5 x 17 paper which will print 2 sheets of 11.5 x 8 and hopefully this will turn out a booklet in proper form? The way it works, select A3 in the printer setup first, in page setup select booklet. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Policy Printing" <Policy Printing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A1D794B-79FD-468B-ABF7-FBA5C1BC1BC9@microsoft.com... >I want to print a booklet. the information tells me to use 11.5 x 17 pa...

Chart Format generated from a Pivot Table Data
After I Format a Chart generated from a Pivot table Data, and I change a selection, for example "Plant".. Al the information on the chart changes, according to the new plant selection, but, why the Chart Type and the format also changes too... I need to keep the same chart type and format to keep reviewing the information for the rest of the plants.... with the same chart type and format. Microsoft admits they goofed that one up: XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904 They suggest you record a macro, so you can r...

10 & 50 Day Moving Average (MA) Reversed on Interactive Stock Chart
The legend for the 10 & 50 Day MA on the chart for a stock (in Portfolio Manager) appears to be reversed. When you select a 10 Day MA, it displays a 50 Day MA line and vice versa. The 200 Day MA seems OK. I'm using MS Money 2005 Standard (Cdn Version) and the About/Chart Control shows 'Version 14.0.0.1105 Canada'. Is this a known problem or do I have a bad installation? Thanks, Joe Trenton, ON Canada jbdoucet@sympatico.ca ...

outlook 2002 rules wizard #2
In Outlook 2002, I went to create a rule in the rules wizard. I created a rule based on content, which asked me to specify a word found in the heading and subject. I created rules to recognize the specific word "[spam]" in the heading and subject with an additional rule to place these e-mail in the "specific folder" I created called Spam. After I hit okay, I get a message that says, "a value in the rule description box has not been set. To set a value click on the underlined words in bottom of the rules wizard." When I click on the underlined word a...

Stopping NDR's #2
How does one go about configuring Exchange to NOT generate NDR's for incoming mail, but still let my internal users know that our server failed to deliver an email? Example - an internal network user sends an email to a good address, but for whatever reason exchange does not deliver it within the specified time frame I set in exchange. An NDR should be generated and delivered to my user. However, if an email comes INTO my network with a bad email address for a network user, I want NO NDR to be generated, so that spammers cannot hammer my server and learn correct email addresses. ...

change chart title with auto filter
I would like the title of my chart to change automatically every time I use the autofilter function to make a new selection of data to be displayed in the chart. Can anyone inform me of how to make the chart title change automatically with each new selection? Thanks, aja Hi, See this 'link' (http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_chart_title/fp_tutorial.html) HTH -- Krishnakumar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Krishnakumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20138 View this thr...

Remove Space on Bar Charts for Missing Data
I am trying to create a bar chart that shows student achievement results across a number of years. For some of the schools, I do not have data in certain years. I do not want the chart to leave a big space for this missing data - I just want it to display the data that I have without leaving this huge gap for the empty cells in the table it is linked to. I tried putting =NA() in the empty cells but the chart is still leaving gaps. Is there any way to have the chart wizard ignore the empty spaces so that it will just display the data that I have? Thanks! EXCEL 2007 I hop...

Pivot Chart issues
PIVOT TABLE Create a pivot table showing the highest and lowest total in �94 by territory.. I have a worksheet set up by east south central west territories. I have a column which has the total sales in 1994.. i however cannot get this pivot chart to work right. can anyone help? -- spezialize ------------------------------------------------------------------------ spezialize's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28628 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=483340 Send me a copy to rightemboyo@hotmail.com and describ...

how do I chart something if my workbook is "shared" ?
-- TG You can't create a chart in a shared workbook. Unshare the workbook, create the chart, then turn sharing back on. tgc-inc wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Thanks, Debra! -- TG "Debra Dalgleish" wrote: > You can't create a chart in a shared workbook. Unshare the workbook, > create the chart, then turn sharing back on. > > tgc-inc wrote: > > -- > Debra Dalgleish > Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List > http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html > > ...