chart range determined by cell values

I want to plot a semilog chart (x-axis is linear, y-axis
is logarithmic0.  Iwould like to set the rangeto be set by
the data in the spreadshhet cells, i.e. the x-axis data
could be years from 1995 to 2005 on one occasion and 1997
to 2007 on another.
Can this be done?
Thanks,
 RickF

0
rflaherty (1)

[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an
email copy to Rick Flaherty.
Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.]

By hand, double-click the x-axis, then in the resulting dialog box, the
Scale tab.  Adjust the min. and max. values as desired.

To link these values to worksheet cells, you have to use a programmatic
solution.  A free add-in that does this is the 'AutoChart Manager'
available from my web site.

--
Trouble finding replies to your posts?  Use a newsreader.  See the
tutorial 'Outlook Express and Newsgroups' on my web site

Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <12f3d01c3844d$e3bb7f90$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
rflaherty@dcscorp.com says...
> I want to plot a semilog chart (x-axis is linear, y-axis
> is logarithmic0.  Iwould like to set the rangeto be set by
> the data in the spreadshhet cells, i.e. the x-axis data
> could be years from 1995 to 2005 on one occasion and 1997
> to 2007 on another.
> Can this be done?
> Thanks,
>  RickF

0
tm_200310 (19)

Prevent clicking on a cell

if cell is text move left one column

rounding up values
Has anyone done round up of values to the nearest dollar.For example I want to give a 10% of the price to my customers but if the result is other than .00 then I wanted to round up to the nearest dollar amount.My calculation using sql has been price * percent and then subtract the value from the price, then what do I need to do to roundit up??Thanks for your suggestion.Also I have a problem with my customers that I am extracting and the query does return all the values from 2004 and 2006 that are equal except for the price I have given them, how do I get only the latest ones in 2006 and not th...

Queries and Charts

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Updating a chart Automatically

line chart with NA() values

Automatic changes in cells

Multivalue with Null value SSRS 2005
I have a query to populate a multivalue parameter: SELECT distinct cast(AGRPYear.value as varchar(4)) + AGRPMonth.value 'ReportDate' FROM TPROJECT AS TPROJECT One of the values that is returned from this query is NULL. However, when I run the report, the NULL value does not show in the dropdown. I've also tried adding "select NULL as 'ReportDate' union" to the above query and the null value still doesn't show. As a result some of the records in my database have a null value for this field, they will never show up on my report. Any id...

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Sorting Cells by Colors

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...