chart preferences 2007

can I set default chart preferences in Excel 2007 such as line color and
style in bar chart ?
0
rolando (16)

Hi,

You can not change the defaults but you can create your own settings via
templates.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel/CH102859891033.aspx

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Office 2007 ultimate and Outlook 2007 Installation
I currently have Outlook 2007 on my PC. I will be installinf the complete ultimate suite. Do I need to uninstall the current outlook 2007 first? If I don't and install over it, will I loose my emails and folders? I would prefer to install all of the office suite in case there are files or links that could be omitted if I choose not to install outllok from the suite. Thank you for your help RGH Which Office 2007 version do you have installed at present -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be a...

Outlook 2007 won't open hyperlinks...
SP1 automatically installed yesterday for Outlook 2007, and I now get "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" whenever I try to click a hyperlink. I Googled this problem and tried: Resetting IE Resetting IE via Access Defaults Importing new reg key for HKLM/Software.../htmlfile I'm out of tricks. Does anyone know of anything else I can do? It's infuriating that Microsoft released an update that completely screws with the way I work. My inclination is uninstall SP1 - but then who knows what other problems that might cause. Anyo...

Procedure for upgrading from trial DPM 2007?
I would like to know what is the procedure for upgrading from the trial version of DPM 2007? I've seen some articles about 2006 but little about 2007. What do you do about the SQL server instance name MS$DPM2007EVAL$ vs. MS$DPM2007$? Do you restore the reporting services data bases as well? Thanks, Michael Micahel, Very astute. That is the big gotcha when upgrading. check out this technet: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb968905.aspx "Michael" wrote: > I would like to know what is the procedure for upgrading from the trial > version...

Office 2000 & Office 2007
Just got a new laptop with windows 7. Had purchased office 2000 for my old pc, can I updgrade to Office 2007 or do I have to buy it all over again. Is so how ? "Kevan McArthur" <Kevan McArthur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0B994BB-CF9A-4053-8B09-D55B1B3894FE@microsoft.com... > Just got a new laptop with windows 7. Had purchased office 2000 for my old > pc, can I updgrade to Office 2007 or do I have to buy it all over again. > Is > so how ? You can upgrade to any upgrade edition of Office 2007. You will need the installation dis...

Printing scale problem beetween Project 2003 and Project 2007
Hi, I have a little problem on 2 different computers with the same file. On one of the computers I have Project 2003 SP3 and on the other one I have Project 2007. The file needs to be printed on 1 page only and was saved like that. When I open the same file on each computer (without changing any options) I don't have the same result, the Print Preview with 2003 is ok. Print Preview with Project 2007 seems to have been reduced to fit the page hence it looks half the size of the preview lengthwise in 2003. Do you have any idea of what could be the problem? Thanks ...

smooth area chart
When I make a line chart, there is a Smoothed Line option in the Format Data Series dialog box. But when I make an area chart, the line that forms the top of the area is jagged. Is there anyway to smooth the top of the area chart or other way to get the desired smoothed area chart? Like a smoothed line with shading underneath. Thanks. ...

how to disable local resources from EPM 2007?
Hi. Is there any way to disable local resources of EPM? Thanks for help. Macedo -- No, there is no way for the Project Server administrator to disable the use of local resources in enterprise projects. So, if you do not want your PMs to use local resources, you need to make this a training and performance issue with them. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We write the books on Project Server" "Macedo" <rcmacedo@gmail.co...

using A5 paper as a booklet in Publisher 2007 i.e 4 A6 sides
In 2003 I made greeting cards on A5 card by using the booklet I cannot make this work in 2007 -- mumbles star Use one of the Avery A4/A5 templates. C9355 works... If you use the A5 folded down to A6 it makes a small publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mumbles" <mumbles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA578767-48DF-4896-8E8C-FD17ECAEB500@microsoft.com... > In 2003 I made greeting cards on A5 card by using the booklet I cannot make > this work in 2007 > -- > mum...

Charting in Access-challenge
Hi, I have a problem with combining excel charts with access database. All my tables in access have date in first column and some numeric data in the others. I managed to draw the chart but I have problems with axis. y axis should be the value of the bars (data from the tables) and I constantly get dates. Id number column is used for the x axis. Everything is mixed and i don't know how to change all that. I need x axis to be date, y axis to be value and the bars in the chart to represent series that are made from other columns of the table. I can do all this in excel, but i need help wit...

Normalize the second pie in a pie of pie chart
I have Excel 2003. I'd like to have the second pie in a pie of pie chart represent 100% of the slice it details. Currently, the slices in the second pie show their percentage of the 1st pie not their percentage of the slice they come from. One of my clients insists that the second pie show percent of the slice they detail not percent of the original pie. Other than creating separate pie charts, is there a way for Excel to normalize the percentages in the second pie. Thanks, Judy H Hi, Have a look at Jon Peltier's article on Pie of Pie. mmmh pie! :) http://pubs.logicalexpressio...

open encrypted word 2003 file with word 2007
Word 2007 will not let me open Word 2003 files that are encrypted. Does anyone know how to fix this? What version of Word 2007? There were some issues with SP2 (and/or a security patch) but I can't recall the details off the top of my head. There was a hotfix which caused more problems, and ultimately another hotfix - number 970924. If this isn't your situation (and I'm not sure even this affected encrypted 2003 format documents), I have not heard of anything else. Are you sure you have the correct password? -- Enjoy, Tony www.WordArticles.com "K...

Charts and Value Axis positions
I copied a worksheet (excel) with Charts and changed the source data. Now my value axis is on the right hand side of my chart and I need it back on the left hand side. Does anyone know what I should do? I am using Office 2000. Double click on the category axis, and on the scale tab, select an appropriate value for "Value axis crosses at". - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ladybug wrote: > I copied a worksheet (excel) with Charts and changed the source data. Now my > ...

Help with "base unit" in chart axis
I have two charts. In one, when I go to "format axis" I can enter the min and max scale as dates and the entry remains as dates when I come back. I can also set the "base unit" a major and minor grid line in days, weeks, months, etc. The second chart, I do not have a base unit drop down box, and although I can enter dates in the max and min in date format and they work, when I come back the entries are in days since the start of time (38353 in 1/1/2005) And I cannot specify the units of major and minor grid lines, they are just units. Which makes it awkward for minor gi...

Cash flow forecast chart does not display
Recently my cash flow forecast would not display. I googled the issue and found a solution which sounded reasonable: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_thread/thread/6ab159f49fe90e58/84f31b41ac5d1529?lnk=st&q=microsoft+money+cash+forecast+will+not+open&rnum=2&hl=en#84f31b41ac5d1529 However, I was disappointed when the problem persisted even after following the instructions which had to do with a possible broken bill or deposit. All scheduled bills and deposits were deleted and the cash flow forecast did not correct itself. I figured out what was causing...

money 2007 crashes when updating account info
Hi folks, I'm running Money 2007 trial on vista. However after I fill in my email/password, Money pops out a window saying "Updating Accout Info", then it crashes! If I restart the program I can login, but retrieving bank list failes each time and money crashes when I click "receive account updates from MSN money my accounts". I've owned money 2006 before so I think I do have some old information on msn money.Any idea? Thanks Kun In microsoft.public.money, qk wrote: > >I'm running Money 2007 trial on vista. However after I fill in my >email/...

Cells and Charts not updating!
I have created a large spreadsheet (80Megs), The charts and other cells just simply do not update when I make changes. Is this due to the size of the spreadsheet? Thanks, GH G Hood wrote: > I have created a large spreadsheet (80Megs), The charts > and other cells just simply do not update when I make > changes. Is this due to the size of the spreadsheet? Did you check the automatic recalculation? Tools | Options | Calculation tab | Automatic or Manual Calculation. Dave dvt at psu dot edu Yes, I have already checked, it is set to automatic calculation. >-----Original Mes...

Pub 2007 to PDF with Bookmarks?
Need to know if I can preserve the bookmarks from Pub 2007, when converting to PDF using the plug-in provided by Microsoft. I have not been able to get anything to come over other than basic page layout. If you're interested: From the comparison chart of PDF-XChange Pro; "Includes PDF-Tools Application Bundle ? Offers Direct Raster Image2PDF creation, Scan2PDF directly, Text2PDF, Merge and separate PDF files, Create/Edit Bookmarks," <================================ "Add watermarks, PDF Overlays, Add Digitals Sigs*, Extract PDF Images& text* files t...

Deleting records in Access 2007 Runtime
I run my application in Access 2007 Runtime, but I can not delete any records. How can I delete records in Access 2007 Runtime? How can I make all the menus concerning data manipulation available in Access 2007 Runtime? The runtime is free but stripped-down version of access. The menus are one thing that are not available in the rutime. You will need to build your own menus to use in the runtime. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "alex" <alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16B9B95A-327B-47B3-884D-7AA64D88AB3...

How do I automatically update a chart range in Excel
I am trying to create charts that should automatically update. I have been trying to use the OFFSET function in the chart 'series value' to determine the chart range and this does not sem to be working. Does anyone have a suggestion with this problem. Hi, As far as I know, the chart is updated automatically when the data use in it is changed. Or did I miss something in your description? Best Regards Lub -- lshili ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lshilin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2338 View ...

Excel crashes dragging a chart
Hi all, I have a problem that I can reproduce on Excel 2000 and Excel 2003 (but not in Excel 2007). Excel crashes when I try to re-position a chart in a worksheet with (at least) a cell using data validation. If I select a cell with Data->Validation a little triangle appears close to the cell to indicate it has a pull-down menu associated. If a chart is present on the spreadsheet and I click on it the "little triangle" disappears as soon as focus is taken by the chart. In some of my spreadsheet there is a delay before the triangle disappears and if a chart is dragged at t...

Charting Web based data
With the data of say a stock price always changing, how can you chart it on a line graph to show historical plots? You can either find a site that posts historical data (often downloadable as a text or worksheet file), or write a macro that gets the price and puts it next in a column. Another approach is Stephen Bullen's trick that remembers the last X values. I don't know how it would work for daily values; I think it's for incoming data that changes rather frequently. But if you want to try, his site is at http://bmsltd.ie. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Pe...

How do I put a circle around a word in Publisher 2007?
I'm using Publisher 2007 for several documents that we write up on the computer. My boss was able to figure out how to do circles with our previous program (Publisher 2000), but we can't seem to figure out how to circle text in Publisher 2007. Any help? ...

Cell referencing on a chart
I would like to be able to reference a cell in a textbox on a chart. Ex. Cell A1 value = "12" Text box on chart = "12" I need to be able to change cell A1 and have the textbox change with it. Please give me advice on how to do this. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ 1) Click on chart to activate it 2)In formula bar, type = 3) Use mouse to point to a cell (formula now reads =Sheet1!A1 4) Click green check mark in Formula Ba...

2007 Office security updates
The following updates for microsoft office in vista 32 bit have been failing to update since March 10 - Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB982158) Error details: Code 8007066 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows Vista (KB982381) Error details: Code 800736CC Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB982331) Error details: Code 80070663 Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB981715) Error details: Code 80070663 Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB978380) Error details: Code 80070663 Update fo...

Communicator 2007 R2 will not start
I have installed Office Communicator 2007 R2 on Windows XP with SP3. The installation goes smoothly and completes. However, when I attempt to start the hourglass appears for a few seconds and nothing happens. There are no error messages logged in the Event Viewer. It appears others have had similar issues, however the posts lead to a dead end. I found one solution on 'Experts Exchange', but I do not want to subscribe to this service, since I already have this service. Is there someone who knows the solution to this problem, that will not lead to a dead end? T...