chart line style problem

I am making a scatter chart (with lines) in Excel 2007 under
Vista. I can select a line style, for example, long dashes.
However, if I try to change the axis (change from "automatic" to
"fixed" on the horizontal axis), the line on the chart immediately
becomes solid again. The legend still shows the proper dashing.
I can get the dashing partly back by making the line thinner,
but only where the variation is fastest - regions where
the derivative is near zero are still solid even for thin lines.

I'll appreciate any help!
frank
0
Frank9521 (202)

I was not able to reproduce this.
Can you send me a sample file (private email, not to newsgroup)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"frank" <frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am making a scatter chart (with lines) in Excel 2007 under
> Vista. I can select a line style, for example, long dashes.
> However, if I try to change the axis (change from "automatic" to
> "fixed" on the horizontal axis), the line on the chart immediately
> becomes solid again. The legend still shows the proper dashing.
> I can get the dashing partly back by making the line thinner,
> but only where the variation is fastest - regions where
> the derivative is near zero are still solid even for thin lines.
>
> I'll appreciate any help!
> frank

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Need help with Auto Correct problem
I am running Excel 2007. Every time I enter the word "cafe" it insists on putting an accent on the letter e (Café). I have tried everything I know to turn off auto correct (office buton/proofing) and I can't find where to turn it off! Thanks for your help in advance! José, Go to TOOLS --> AUTOCORRECT OPTIONS. Under the AutoCorrect tab, you have a box for substituing after you type. Look for the word Cafe in the list and remove it from there. -- Robert Author of RibbonX: Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon: LATEST INTERACTIVE TUTORIAL: http://www.msoffic...

Excel - 2000 or 97 conversion
Hi, I have created a workbook of templates and formulas which throug various screens, work together and produce a final answer. In some o the sheets I have used "change events" (I think thats the right term ? to cut down the number of pages/sheets. However, I have rolled it out t 70 users and some don't have Excel 2000 and therefore the function don't work properly. Is there a way around this. The file is quite bi but I would be very grateful if someone would offer to take a look. Thanks Andre -- ajw15 ---------------------------------------------------------------------...

problem with Like "*" & ([Forms]![Main]![txt_exis_pt_name]) & "*"
Please help everything works well till i put in the Like "*" & ([Forms]![Main]![txt_exis_pt_name]) & "*" Using Like "*" & ([Forms]![Main]![txt_exis_pt_name]) & "*" broke the code for all the other single relationship record criteria that bring back 1 record how can I fix it? When I say it broke it what I meant it brings back the same record when I test for 1. case_nbr 2. med_rec and the other single row record but the name works correctly. When I take out Using Like "*" & ([Forms]![Main]![txt_exis_pt_n...

Adding % to Bar Chart
I have a bar chart for resource analysis and I want to add a % to the chart. I calculate it in a cell. Is there anyway to add a textbox and put the value of a cell in it? You can add custom data labels based on worksheet calculations. Use one of these utilities to create the labels: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com...

Contacts Problem
Hi All I've imported my contacts from Outlook Express and they appear fine when you use the Icon on the bar on the left, but when I click 'new' and try to add a contact from the icon next to the 'to' line the 'contact' folder is empty as is the Outlook Address Book. Many thanks in advance xool --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.554 / Virus Database: 346 - Release Date: 20/12/2003 Look at your Folder View. It looks to me like you've created more than one Contacts Folder. -- ...

Problems and more problems with exchange 2003 sbs
Today I reboot the our server, this is the first occasion after install a patch (that the windows has downloaded automatically) before few days. In 1 hour i received a message that the C: drive is full (yesterday I has 7GB free space) . surprised and checking the problem, I receive in my workstation a message that the outlook is not conected to the server. I seen that the mdadata folder has same hundreds of logs of 5MB size!!! After I move a lot of them to another location the exchange fill the free space with new logs...I change the configuration to make a circular logs and i moved a few hu...

How can i change chart data point format based on value?
I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would like to change the color of an individual data point column depending on value. Thanks very much. You want to make a conditional chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Harold96" <Harold96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3674450D-70A9-4227-B29A-36262B7BE723@microsoft.com... >I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would...

Exchange 2003 edb problems
Hi. I am having problems with one of our Exchanges. It recently stopped working and the event log pointed at the problem being the database hitting the 16Gb limit. Looking at the Priv1.edb and stm files the are adding up to 16Gb but online defraging only seems to show 150mb of white space. If I add up all the mailboxes including deleted items however, it only comes to 5Gb. I tried an offline defrag but it only reduced the stm file by the expected 150mb. Having deleted as many un-necessary emails as possible, I have reset the deleted item retention to 0, and changed the maintenan...

XMLA .NET connection problems
Hi, After install msxml 4.0 and XMLASDK 1.1, i proceed to configure the datasource.xml file, as follow: <DataSource> <DataSourceName>FoodMart 2000</DataSourceName> <DataSourceDescription>Microsoft Analysis Server 2000 on local machine</DataSourceDescription> <URL>http://localhost/xmla/msxisapi.dll</URL> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=MSOLAP.2;Data Source=md001144</DataSourceInfo> <ProviderName>Microsoft XML for Analysis</ProviderName> <ProviderType> <TDP/> <MDP/> <DMP/> </ProviderType>...

How do you make a chart with right angles only?
I have a set of data with times and a bunch of 0's and 1's. For example, at 1:30 p.m., I have a 0....2:00 p.m., I have a 1...2:30 p.m. I have a 0, etc. I have my 0's and 1's set up on the vertical axis and the times along the horizontal axis. I want my chart to show horizontal and vertical lines ONLY. IE: I want a point at "0" at 1:30 p.m., then I want a horizontal line over to 2:00 p.m., and then I want a line going straight up to "1", and then I want a horizontal line over to 2:30 p.m., and then I want a vertical line straight down to "0&qu...

Pivot Chart/Report Help
I need some serious help here. I've been trying to figure this one out for 3 days now and I'm getting nowhere. I've searched google extensively for anyone else that might have been having this issue but come up with nothing. OK, I have a very simple pie chart created in Access 2003. It is basically just a form in which the default view is set to "Pivot Chart." If I view this on the screen, it looks fine. If I print out the form, the chart is upside down and backwards. If I print out the report in which the form is a sub-report, the chart is upside down and backward...

Outlook 2007 & CRM Outlook client (V3C), problem tracking appointm
Hello, I'm currently using Outlook 2007 with the latest CRM Outlook client (V3C). I have no problem adding emails to CRM with Outlook, but when I try to create a new appointment, the CRM section does not appear in the ribbon. After creating the appointment, if I highlight it in the calendar view and click on the "Track in CRM" button on the Outlook toolbar, I get the following message "This item type is not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM". If I go back in my calendar to an earlier appointment that was created when I was using Outlook 2003, then everythi...

Look up Address problems!
Hi I wonder if anyone can help with this problem. I have imported a number of Accounts into our CRM system. All is working fine except that I cannot link an invoice or delivery address to an order or quote using the lookup address! I imported the accounts originally using the administrator account. If I logon to the CRM as myself and then create an order/quote (that has the orignal account owner as the administrator) and use the look up address, this works fine! I get the primary account address returned. If I then create an account as myself and then try to create an order/quote and use ...

MAcro Problem (probably easy)
I'm trying to record and run a macro that copies the format, colors an a graphic from another excel report. I start the macro recorder, the open the workbook, copy, switch workbooks, paste all, then switc workbooks, close the graphic source workbook, and stop the recorder. When I run the macro, it gives me an error like it can't open the othe workbook. Any tips -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sho...

Change pivot chart options
Is it possible to modify fields through VB on pivotcharts? For instance I have a chart that shows sales per date. And I'd like to use the same chart to show sales by month or sales by week without the user having to move things around themselves. I can easily set up 2 different Pivotcharts but that seems redundant if they use the exact same layout and data. Thanks, ...

Area Pages Display Problems
When I launch GP and select any series, for example, Financial. The area page on the right provides varios categories. In the Financial Area page, one of the Category is Cards and then underneath cards it has Financial (To the the left of Financial there is a + or - icon) and then Financial has several access items such as account, checkbook, etc. The problem I am running into is when I click on the + icon it expands the category properly and changes the icon to - correctly. Then when I click on the minus icon it shrinks the category, but instead the of changing the icon to + it chan...

Refreshing a Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object
Can a Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object be refreshed by linking it to an excel spreadsheet? The "chart object" is being copied from the originating excel spreadsheet, using the special past function to make an Excel Chart Object in a Word doc. DonC, Use Paste Special, pasting it as an Excel Chart Object in the Word document. Use the Paste Link button. Now it's linked to the cells of the original worksheet. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "DonC" <don.cook@farmersinsurance.com> w...

Problem Opening Outlook XP
I was having a few small problems with outlook xp so I uninstalled the whole office suite. After uninstalling I cleaned everything refering to "office", "outlook" in the registry (windows xp professional w/sp2) with jv16 PowerTools 2006. Then I reinstalled Office XP. Everything works except, when opening outlook I get the message "Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self register.". Then outlook closes. I have registered vbscript.dll successfully and still the error. I have un/reinstalled several times now and still t...

using a picture as a stacked bar in chart
I am wondering how to use a picture (a barrel or a glass) instead of the bar in a stacked bar chart. So rather than have a stacked bar with 4 colors I would have a picture of a glass with the 4 colors. Is this possible? and if so how can I do this? I've seen it in other presentations, but I don't know if it used other applications to create. Thanks Hi, You can use a picture as the fill picture. You will need 4 images to get different coloured glasses. Double click a series. On the Pattern Tab click Fill Effects. On the Picture tab use Select Picture. For xl2007 the Picture...

Sorting Problems
I am trying to sort numerically a column with a mix of numbers and text: 1 2 3 (36 hrs) 4 5 (19 hrs) 12 13 (6 hrs) but this is what I end up with: 1 2 4 12 13 (6 hrs) 3 (36 hrs) 5 (19 hrs) Any help? If you split the data into two columns--one column for the number portion and one column for the parenthetical portion, you can sort by that first column. In fact, you don't even need that second column! One way to do that is to insert a column to the right of the original column. Then select that column Data|Text to columns delimited by spa...

Big Problem! How to overload operator delete?
Big Problem! How to overload operator delete? According to C++ standard, "A deallocation function can have more than one parameter."(see 3.7.3.2); however, I don't know how to use an overloaded delete operator. Let me use an example to illustrate this: /********************************************************/ #include <new> #include <iostream> using namespace std; void operator delete(void* p, const nothrow_t&) { cout << "Hello" << endl; } // (1) void operator delete(void* p, int a, int b) { cout << "World" <&...

Correct Chart
I am trying to create a chart with a X-axis that shows temperature from -100 to 100 and a Y-axis that shows altitude fro 0-100. The data will create a "wavy" line. Any suggestions on the best chart to use and how to configure the spreadsheet to create this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. In A1 enter the word Temperature; in B1 the word Altitude In A2 down enter the temperature values Enter -100 in A2, -90 in A3; select A2:A3 and drag the fill handle (small solid square in bottom right corner of selected cells) down to A22 to get values with an interval of 10...

Trend line wont go through the origin
I'm doing my chemistry coursework, but when I enter the data and make a trendline, the trendline doesn't start at x=0, y=0. how can I do this? Look in the Trendline Options tab; you can specify the value required fro the intercept - in your case 0 To get the slope's value into a cell, do not copy the trendline equation but rather use the SLOPE function. I am assuming you have a linear expression (must graphs I used in teaching chem were linear); if no see my website to learn about LINEST. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email &q...

Problem in displaying the chart
Hi all, Good evening. I am facing one problem at creating chart. This is my coding. Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlBarClustered ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Data").Range("A5:E6"), PlotBy:= _ xlRows * ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="Cost"* With ActiveChart .HasTitle = True .ChartTitle.Characters.Text = _ "5 Time Predictability of Design and Construction" .Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = False .Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).Has...

Standard Deviation on chart
I am currently using Excel 2000 on a windows 2000 system. I am currently using a standard line graph chart and I have a standard deviation calculation I would like to have show up on the chart. There does not seem to be any way automaticaly have this value inserted into the chart. I have tried a macro but the copy and paste feature does not seem to want to work in a text box placed inside the chart. Is there any way to have the standard deviation show within the chart and also have it update as the standard deviation changes? Any helpful suggestions will be appreciated. TIA George G...