chart in excel like google finance chart

I've been playing around with google finance and am wondering if a
chart like that can be implemented in excel.  Some of the features I'm
very interested in is the ability to be able to select a time window
and chart the trend.  I need to create a chart that is basically
identical to the google and yahoo finance charts.  Is this possible at
all in excel or is this an impossible task and I should look
elsewhere.  If impossible what are some suggestions for accomplishing
this?

Thanks,
0
laoballer (17)

Can you post back with the chart you have in mind?  More than likely you can
create the chart in Excel.  Interactive charts that allow the user to specify
time spans can be created by using defined names.

--
John Mansfield
http://www.cellmatrix.net

"Laoballer" wrote:

> I've been playing around with google finance and am wondering if a
> chart like that can be implemented in excel.  Some of the features I'm
> very interested in is the ability to be able to select a time window
> and chart the trend.  I need to create a chart that is basically
> identical to the google and yahoo finance charts.  Is this possible at
> all in excel or is this an impossible task and I should look
> elsewhere.  If impossible what are some suggestions for accomplishing
> this?
>
> Thanks,

This is a link to one that I would love to be able to do in excel - but
cannot find any way so far to do it - any help very greatly appreciated.

http://docs.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=91609

"Laoballer" wrote:

> I've been playing around with google finance and am wondering if a
> chart like that can be implemented in excel.  Some of the features I'm
> very interested in is the ability to be able to select a time window
> and chart the trend.  I need to create a chart that is basically
> identical to the google and yahoo finance charts.  Is this possible at
> all in excel or is this an impossible task and I should look
> elsewhere.  If impossible what are some suggestions for accomplishing
> this?
>
> Thanks,

0
domslot (1)
10/25/2009 2:02:01 PM
Maybe, you can leverage the information at
Using the Google Chart API with Microsoft Excel
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/publish_train/xl_vba_cases/excel_google_chart_api/index.htm

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 07:02:01 -0700, domslot
<domslot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>This is a link to one that I would love to be able to do in excel - but
>cannot find any way so far to do it - any help very greatly appreciated.
>
>http://docs.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=91609

>"Laoballer" wrote:
>
>> I've been playing around with google finance and am wondering if a
>> chart like that can be implemented in excel.  Some of the features I'm
>> very interested in is the ability to be able to select a time window
>> and chart the trend.  I need to create a chart that is basically
>> identical to the google and yahoo finance charts.  Is this possible at
>> all in excel or is this an impossible task and I should look
>> elsewhere.  If impossible what are some suggestions for accomplishing
>> this?
>>
>> Thanks,

Regards,

Tushar Mehta
Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-present
www.tushar-mehta.com
Excel and PowerPoint tutorials and add-ins
0
Tushar

excel viewer #2
Won't microsoft provide a simple, small and fresh Excel Viewer? Version 97/2k is obsolete, using the 100% of processor time and simply: it's not good. I think not everybody buys Excel and Office so there should be always fresh viewers (like Adobe Acrobat Reader, etc) best regards, on "on" <on@vnet.hu> wrote in message news:O1DNPQveEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Won't microsoft provide a simple, small and fresh Excel Viewer? > Version 97/2k is obsolete, using the 100% of processor time > and simply: it's not good. > I think not everybody buys ...

Splitting Y-Axis into 2 for a line chart
Hi, I have a bunch of data series that I want to chart using a line graph with $ on the y-axis and time on the x-axis. The trouble is that about half of them have relatively low y-values (between 0 and $100) whilst the rest have high values ($600-$1000). My question is: Does anyone know of any way to manipulate the y axis so that it ues a scale of, say, $20 for the 0-$100 section, and then "jump" to $600 (with zig-zag or something on the y-axis to tell the user that the graph is non-continuous) and continue the chart there? Otherwise the scale just becomes too large or too s...

Gantt charts
i was wondering if you could possible send me a guide or some sort of document which will help me in designing a gantt chart using outlook. thanks Outlook has no Gantt chart capability. Perhaps you're thinking of = Microsoft Project?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Ashley" <Ashley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Missing Label in Pie Chart
I have a pie chart that gets updated every week with the same category names but different values and percentages. I never had any problems until last week one of them disappeared and I can't find it at all. When I point to the appropriate wedge I can the popup that shows me what the numbers are, but the label that I would have on that wedge doesn't show up. I have looked under other wedges, played with the fonts and colors but to no avail. I am totally perplexed. Any ideas? You may have accidently deleted it. Try right clicking on the slice and using the format option ...

why does excel ignore page formating after selecting rows to repe.
I have a Pivot table to which I wish to print excluding the "Page" items but include the Table headings. I have also set the document to print 1 page wide by up to 999 pages tall. It previews fine except for when I select the table headings (row $3$3) to be repeated at the top. After I make that selection, the preview shows all the data being printed on only 5 pages instead of 31. I don't know what I am missing to cause this unexpected result. ...

Using the Google Calendar .net API from an Access application
I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle calendar. Would it be possible to use .net from Access to send my schedular entries to my Goggle calendar? OP <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle >calendar. Would it be possible to use .net from Access to send my schedular >entries to my Goggle calendar? It might be possible but you'd have to do a lot of digging through the Google calendar documentation looking for the various APIs and figuring out how to execu...

Are there any excel template for creating POIs for Garmin units
I'm looking for a template in which I can create points of interest for a Garmin 340c. Not that I know of but have you tried the free POI software from Garmin? http://www8.garmin.com/products/poiloader/ Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:24:00 -0700, Fremen <Fremen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm looking for a template in which I can create points of interest for a >Garmin 340c. ...

How do you create dual drop down menus in excel 2000?
I can create a single drop down menu, but need to add a qualifier next to lists on menu. HELP!!!!!! If drop-down created with Data Validation>List, check out Debra Dalgleish's site for dependent lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal02.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:51:03 -0800, "Phlashh" <Phlashh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can create a single drop down menu, but need to add a qualifier next to >lists on menu. HELP!!!!!! ...

multiple 3D equations in one excel surface chart
hi all i'm trying to draw in excel multiple 3d equtions(x,y,z) inside of one excel surface chart does anyone have simple way of doing it i have the link for one equation chart but from there i'm little bit lost http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/3d_surface/ What's the problem? If your data is of 3D type, just plot it as such. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "thread" wrote: > hi all > i'm trying to draw in excel multiple 3d equtions(x,y,z) inside of one > excel...

VB code to import Excel sheet
I'm looking for the VB code to copy an Excel Sheet to an Access 2007 table. The sheet in is a know location. I also want to clear the Access table prior to importing the Excel Sheet. Thanks Take a look at what Ken Snell has at http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/EXCEL_Import.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "BobC" <Bob.CallenNoSpamm@cox.net> wrote in message news:TBgZm.57278$ZF3.39461@newsfe13.iad... > I'm looking for the VB code to copy an Excel Sheet to an Access 2007 > table. The she...

Excel
When using MS Works I can enter letters and numbers in a cell and the total of the cells in a row will be calculated correctly(for my particular requirement) by ignoring anyone of the cells in the row which has letters and numbers together. All the cells are formated as 'General'. When I try to do this task in Excel it gives an error in the result cell. Note that any cell may have a mixture of letters and cells. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you James Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Bing Search RSS with Silverlight 3 RIA Domain Ser...

Pocket Excel Graphic Lost
I developed a spreadsheet that included my company's logo in Excel 2002. I saved it to my PPC file for conversion by ActiveSync for my WinCE 2002. I want to use the spreadsheet from my PPC. I tried both the .png and .jpg image file types. The graphic is not on the Pocket Excel version of the document. Is there a problem with Pocket Excel keeping graphics? If not, what image format should I use for graphics in Pocket Excel? Or, is there a switch I need to use? Sorry, the correct e-mail address is bschmidt@westechnology.net >-----Original Message----- >I developed a spreads...

Planning training in Excel
I have been tasked to organise training for my company and they have asked me to use MS Project, which has totally blown my mind. Having done some investigating Project will not give me the answers that I need surprisingly, but I am hoping Excel will I am really trying hard to figure a way of schedulign training for 200 individuals, with 20 different modules (fixed dates) and take into account holidays. So for instance Joe Bloggs needs to attend Module A, B & D over the next 3 months, but he also has 2 weeks holiday booked. There are four other people in his department but I can only all...

copy paste problems for chart from excel to power point, solution
I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried everyting, turned off auto scale and selected the don't move or resize with cells option and still having the same problem, any idea how to fix that? Thanks! On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Jean <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts >are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried >everyting, turned ...

File size is larger in XP than in Excel 97
Has anyone noticed that excel files that contain imported data are larger in XP than in 97? Why, any ideas? Thanks Kathy .. ...

Excel interfering with dates
How can I stop Excel 2007 interfering with dates? I have a variety of dates to enter. Some are before 1900, some after. Some are partial (with no year given); some are just a year. All are entered in the form 1 Sep 1854 (with some parts missing). I have defined the format of the cells to be Text/String but Excel ignores that and corrupts the dates by assuming, if no year is present, that they are 2011 and if they are after 1900 it converts them to 01/01/2011 format. How can I force Excel to do what it is told and treat them all as Text? -- Chris Watts chris@watts-bros.co.uk (synonymous...

IM/Econnect "like" tool for GP Project Budget
I have a customer who currently owns GP Project Series and IM for core financials (CF). In the description for IM CF, it says that it works with Project. We looked in techbase and it states that IM CF only works with GP project T&E and Employee Expense. We are now looking for an IM "like" tool that will work with GP Project budget. Are there any ISV products/tools that can help us with this?? -- A Wong - Congruentsoft.com Check out Scribe's product that runs on top of eConnect. "Amanda - Congruent" wrote: > I have a customer who currently owns...

Line and Bar on same chart
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01CA7360.B6F4C670 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Any way to plot line data and bar data on the same chart? For example, chart showing fuel tank cumulative gallons plus showing = individual fills as bars, both vs. date Date Fill Cumulative Jan 100 100 Mar 250 350 Jun 175 525 Thx=20 Dave Office(Excel) 2003 I'll try this in HTML ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01CA7360.B6F4C670 Content-Type: text/ht...

How can I get the zero values at the end of a chart not to show?
I have a chart getting data from a spreadsheet, where data is added one day at a time, for an entire month. After adding the data for the first day, the data point shows, but the line connecting the data point in the chart immediately drops to zero, since data for the remaining days is not available. Is there a way to just have the line connecting the data points show only where there is data, and not show anything for the upcoming days where data is not available? Thanks. 1) use a dynamic chart - see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm or 2) rather than blanks f...

Excel 97 #3
I have a list of timecodes, examples, ESD1.2 ESD12.3.2 ESD12.4.12 ESD4.4.2 ESD13.1.1 ESD2.2.6 ESD13.1.2 ESD4.3.3 ESD13.2 ESD14.2.1 ESD2.1.3 ESD4.3.2 ESD2.2 ESD4.4.4 they are formatted as General Any ideas how to list them in order of number -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can convert the text to time with the following formula :- =TIMEVALUE(SUBSTITUTE(RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-3),".",":")) Format as HH:MM:S -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

ploting properly spaced "day" chart
I have bunch of data that's associated with "number of days". i.e. day 5 it's 3%, day 21 is 15%, day 90 is 25%. I like to plot those in a line graph so I can see the change of percentage according to number of days that's progresses so far. If I just plot those 3 data points, I would simply get all 3 points equal space of each other, not reflecting the time difference in the number of days, i.e. 16 days between first 2 points, 69 days between next 2. How do I adjust the X axis to change this? Since you're plotting number of days (plain numbers, not dates), you...

Preflighting Excel files
Is there a way to preflight (check for problems before printing) Excel files (I already know that Flightcheck doesn't work). Any suggestions? Martin Martin There is a Before_Print event macro that you can use for such checking. Of course, that macro is blank. You would have to write in the necessary code to do the checks you want. Can you list the checks and the criteria for each? Writing the code is straight forward once you have listed the checks and criteria. HTH Otto "martindaylor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21d201c49...

How do I change the thickness of a bottom boarder in Excel 2002?
In Word you can change the thickness of the line used in boarders - but I can not change the thickness in Excel. Is there any way to do this? Thanks. try Sub bottomborder() ActiveCell.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).Weight = xlThick 'xlmedium or xlthin End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Dawn" <Dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B24E39F0-58BF-47AD-AE42-716CBA2C9C54@microsoft.com... > In Word you can change the thickness of the line used in boarders - but I can > not change the thickness in Excel. Is there any way to do this? ...

How to Copy Charts and Tables from Excel to Publisher
Hi, Everyone: I'm a new user of Publisher 2003, and I'm working on a 100-page or so document with text, photos, charts, and tables. I would appreciate advice about copying charts and tables from an Excel workbook and reducing file size. Please also recommend which is the correct file format to use when saving charts, tables, and photos as "pictures". My Excel workbook has numerous worksheets. (1) When I try to "copy and paste" a single Excel chart from one worksheet into Publisher, I get an "object" which shows ALL the worksheets if I double...

break links crashes Excel 2002 #2
It appears that it may just be one workbook file. I tried it wit another file and it did not crash. We primarily use one Excel workboo as a template. Copies of this file are probably 95% of all the Exce files we use so it is a big problem for us. Assuming that it is just this one important file, any ideas how to fi this workbook so that we can break the links with the toolbar command -- ED ----------------------------------------------------------------------- EDS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=879 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...