Chart Help!

Using Excel 2003

I have the following data:
Date:    Units:
Sat         79
Sun        31
Mon       49
Tue        58
Wed       83
Thu        63
Fri         48

Draw Date:    Outdates:
Thu                1
Fri                  0
Sat                 2
Sun               10
Mon              38
Tue               3
Wed              15

I want to create a clustered column chart for the above data.  I want bars
for the first group of data and bars for the second group of data.  Then I
want the day next to each individual unit. How should I set up the raw data
to achieve the goal I want?

Thank you for any help you can give, Karen

0
Karen1 (189)

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html

"Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Excel 2003
>
> I have the following data:
> Date:    Units:
> Sat         79
> Sun        31
> Mon       49
> Tue        58
> Wed       83
> Thu        63
> Fri         48
>
> Draw Date:    Outdates:
> Thu                1
> Fri                  0
> Sat                 2
> Sun               10
> Mon              38
> Tue               3
> Wed              15
>
> I want to create a clustered column chart for the above data.  I want bars
> for the first group of data and bars for the second group of data.  Then I
> want the day next to each individual unit. How should I set up the raw
> data
> to achieve the goal I want?
>
> Thank you for any help you can give, Karen

0
reply6075 (299)

baby charts
I need to find a chart that I can download to chart my baby's eating times & changing times too? I think you must have an idea of what you want, if not place the times across the top 0 to 23 for hours or place 12:00 AM into cell B1 and 1:00 AM into C1 and then select B1:B2 and use the fill handle to fill across In cell A1: 'Date \ Time In cell A2: 09/01/2005 format as mm/dd/yyyy ddd or whatever format you use. This is for US entry and format. use the fill-handle to fill down to end of month File, page setup, Headers and Footers customer header: cen...

Help with Excel
I have windows xp on my new computer and it don't support excel, i have file on my old computer with excel how can i get excel to work with my xp version You will need to put Excel on your new machine - it is NOT part of Windows. If you have the Excel or MS Office disk from the old machine you can use that to install the applications on the new PC. Of course, once you have it running you must uninstall the apps for the old PC. You can install Excel 97, Excel 2000, Excel 2002 or Excel 2003 on the new PC. If you do not have the disks then you are in for a shopping spree. Best wishes Berna...

help #12
i cannot access my emails ...

Chart #3
I'm trying to crate a chart where to information in the cells can be typed on a slant Hi Quiana, Having difficulting understanding your question. Maybe you could provide a little more detail. Quiana wrote: > I'm trying to crate a chart where to information in the cells can be typed on a slant -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info To display a cell's text on a slant: 1. Select the cell 2. Choose Format>Cells 3. Select the Alignment tab 4. In the Orientation setting, drag the red diamond, or select a number of degrees 5. Click OK Quiana wrote: > I'm...

Excel charts won't appear or preview. Help!
Hello, In Excell 2003 I cannot get my charts or graphs to appear or preview. I was able too at first. But I accidentally hit right click and then clear several times after having created template line chart for the first time. This subsequently one at a time removed different aspects of my chart until my chart was gone. And now i cannot get the charts to appear again. Not even a preview. Thank you in advance foe your help and advice. This problim has been solved. Thank you. ...

Charting 3 columns help
I am working on a staffing chart with three columns: Staffing Time Incident 6 3 1234 15 9 1234 I would like a graph to show the "Time" on the left the "Incident" on the bottom and Staffing in the chart I have racked my brain and have not figured out how, to make the chart work that is :o) Do I need to re-arrange the columns? a different way? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Steve In your brief sample, Incident has no variation. How do you want staffing to appear in the cha...

Help with what should be a simple formula..
Hi guys! I'm blanking out on how to write this simple formula, and honestly, not sure how to search the forum for help with this particular one. I'm trying to find profit margins basically. I want to break down profits into 1 Hr, 2 Hrs 8 hrs, etc.. for example, I the time it takes to produce item#1...say 10 Minutes.. In the 1 hr box want to figure out the profit based on 60 minutes of work.. My table looks like this.. A1=Item#1; B1=Cost to make Item; C1=Selling Price; D1=Time to make Item; E1=60 Minute profit; E2=120 Minute Profie.etc.tec.etc. A2=Item#2................................

Formula Help Please?
I'm trying to figure out the best formula to resolve the following: A B C Name Jan. Feb 1 Barb 8 3 2 Group 4 5 3 Ernest 6 7 4 Group 7 9 5 Heidi 9 4 6 Group 4 8 7 Total ____ ______ What we are trying to accomplish, is a formula that totals the values in column "B", however, those values which are "group" (B2, B4 & B6) should be multipl...

help with loading ACT into Outlook2000?
help lol, can't seem to do it any suggestions? thanks Try Act! support? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked: | help lol, can't seem to do it any suggestions? thanks ...

CRM 3.0 Installation help...2 errors
Going through the system requirements part of the setup I get a Warning on the IIS part. It cant access the URL-- Error accessing URL http://IRONWOOD-CRM: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. The second error I get is : Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://ironwood-crm/ReportServer. Error: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. Chris Holub MCP CCNA 1. Check your IIS and default CRM virtual directory is there issue accecing, can you send me detail or s...

actual vs plan chart
I have a table of data, let's call it ACTUAL SALES by month, similar to following: Business Unit West East North South Jan09 20 30 15 10 Feb09 10 20 30 40 Mar09 14 16 12 10 I have a table that looks like it, for PLANNED SALES data, with various numbers for each business unit's planned target for the same periods for which I have actuals. What I want to do is (ideally) create a stacked bar chart of the Actuals for each region (ie, the height of the stack = total actual sales), ...

help on composing an aging report for transactions
hello all, I am new to SSRS. I need some help on how to create an aging report in ssrs. This is what my report should look like: Month identify $ $closed $Recovered $Open 0-30day 31-60day Jan 2009 $$$ $$ $$$ $$$ $$$ $$$ I am having trouble on the days column. My user want these fields to contains the total $$ amt that was recovered in 0 - 30days and 31 - 60 days. how to do that? Please help.... Sherry From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/115_0_0_0_0_0/sql-...

Re: How can I change the color of negative bubble in bubble chart
Actually, you have to define your second color, click OK twice, so the series displays the gradient, then double click the series again,on the patterns tab, select the fill for positive values, and hit OK. (The series must actually display the gradient for a moment in order to remember the second color). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message news:... > Double click on the series, on the Patterns tab, ...

CRM/Help Desk Software
Does Microsoft have a CRM solution comparable to Remedy Help Desk or Avaya. If someone can assist it would be greatly appreciated. CB Hi Carleton, I'm not aware of a Microsoft helpdesk but if you are simply just looking for alternatives, we are using a product called ieSupportManager. If you do a search on Google you will find the website. A free trial version is available which is fully functional. We purchased two copies. We use one for helpdesk / issue tracking and we use the other copy for bug tracking and defect tracking ( although it is primarily a helpdesk product ). There i...

Chart Y-Axis Title
My Y-Axis titles are cut-off and do not display the entire title. It does not matter what size font I use. Why is this doing this? Why? Because it is a well-known bug. We look forward to Excel 2007! It seems to be related to video since some have the problem and others do not. Add some periods (dots) to the end of the title and then format them the same colour as the background so that those without the problem will not see them best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "PelleritoConsultants" <PelleritoConsultants@discussions.micros...

HELP!! Windows Explorer Hangs on Startup!
Hi all, I've had this Presario 2195US laptop for 4-5 years; running XP from SP1 to (now) SP3... no problems. 2-3 weeks ago, I tried to connect a 160gb USB-encased hard drive with no luck... proceeding along I pretty much hosed my windows. Anyway, I decided to reformat/install a copy of XP Pro w/SP3 (thought XP Home didn't like 160gb) and, after a few MS updates, every time I boot the system it shows the DESKTOP, the bottom left of the TaskBar and NOTHING on bottom-right. Cursor moves, I can Ctrl-Alt-Delete and, when I move cursor to TaskBar area... cursor turns in...

Org Chart:1 Manager 2 Sections
How do I divide two work sections of employees under one manager? I tried arranging the first set of staff under a vertical alignment and wrapping a team frame around them, but when I add positions to create the 2nd team, they are aligned the same. If I arrange the employees horizontally, members are randomly assigned to the left or right, breaking the team arrangments. ...

Need help setting up fields on a liquor store import file.
What is the best way to set up the fields on the excel sheet (import) for a liquor store. Should I put the size of the bottle with the extended description or should i put the size in the sub description? I also have sku's (item lookup codes) for each child item but do not have one for the parent (a case of the product). How should I handle this? Do I make up my own lookup codes or should i just not use the parent child relationship and store everything as a child? What benefits does each one have? I always include the size in the primary description field. I always keep the d...

need help with tables so form okat- multiple equipment for 1 job
Here goes. I know this should be simple not sure why I can't see this right. Here is what I want to end up with not sure the best way to set up the tables to get what I want. and/or best way to create the form(from a query) or using form wizard pulling in tables that I need. I want to END up with a Form for all possible JOBS(cleaning jobs) with equipment needed and soaps needed for each job. There are many pieces of equipment for each job - mop, bucket, etc.(can't figure out how to get this in a form without listing with a comma) Have so far - don't thinks the tables a...

HELP
On 2/10/2010 several MS Updates came up and I installed them. After that I found out I could NOT disable my Network Connection (right-click Taskbar Tray icon, select Disable). I the a dialog (screenshot at link below)... "It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system account." http://www.mediafire.com/file/mfzwvmhi0aj/NetworkConnections.jpg Note that BEFORE I installed the updates on the same day I COU...

Another time calculation issue, thanks for any help!
Hello All, I was hoping to do this without to much difficulty but not having much luck. I got the round down to the nearest 15 minutes. NOW I would like to round up to the nearest 15 minutes (ie. .25, .5, .75 ONLY), in fifteen minute intervals. Here's some of what I've tried so far... Round(1.2/0.6,0) answer: 2 would like 1.25 Int(1.9*8.0+0.6)/8.0 answer: 1.875 would like 2 -Int(-1.2)/60 answer 1.66 would like 1.25 I store the time in decimal format (I need that for another calculation which works perfectly). Any Ideas? Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical...

Scrollbar on Chart Jumps to Left when Chart is Clicked
I fiddled around with 'offset' and a scrollbar, and now I can change the range of my chart just by clicking on the scrollbar. However, there is a problem with placement. If I click on the chart, and move the scrollbar to where I want it, when I click *OFF* the chart, the scroll bar moves about double the distance from top left that it was when the chart was clicked. It's like the scrollbar thinks I'm doubling the size of the chart when I click off the chart. If I position the scrollbar past halfway from top left, when I click off the chart the scrollbar total...

Help with a summary
Hi all - I hope I ask my question clearly.. I would like to make a summary of one spreadsheet on another in the same workbook. The problem is that I have weekly columns and I want the summary to reflect only the most current column, which is not an accumulated total of the previous weeks. Is there a way to: In Sheet1 ask Excel to "Show the furthest right column" from Sheet2? I tried to do a lookup function but it was getting far too messy and not really working the way that I had hoped Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you! Kristine the trick is to put in a number that is h...

email newsletter help publisher 2002
Hi, i have office xp 2002...anyways, I want to create a newsletter to send via email, preferable not as an attachment..how exactly do i do this..thanks, Kasey www.weaim2pleez.com Create it as a web page, copy and paste into the email and send as HTML. Many folks will not accept HTML emails because of security reasons. Use the PDF alternative. Free writers are around. http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "weaim2pleez.com" <weaim2pleez.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

LIne chart problem
I'm trying to set up a simple supply and demand chart in Excel 2007. I've done this many times with past versions but can't get this to work in 2007. Basically I want the price of the product on the y-axis (can't MS call it that, please?) then supply to run upward with the number of products on the x-axis and demand to run downward. I can't get the price on the y-axis no matter what I try. I've looked everywhere online, but switch row/column and using a secondary axis don't work. This should be so simple. Argh! -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Fru...