Chart help #3

I am unsure if I can use any chart to show the following simple comparison
with the total and detail changes.

                                Plan       Actual

Sept orders                50       40
New orders                0        20 (for Sept)
Cancelled orders         0       10
Total orders                50      60

Your advice is appreciated.

Ray

Take a look at Jon Peltier's site about waterfall charts.

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#Falls

"Ray" <NoSpan-lizhiqiang1@GMail.com> wrote in message
>I am unsure if I can use any chart to show the following simple comparison
>with the total and detail changes.
>
>                                Plan       Actual
>
> Sept orders                50       40
> New orders                0        20 (for Sept)
> Cancelled orders         0       10
> Total orders                50      60
>
> Your advice is appreciated.
>
> Ray

0
reply6075 (299)

Simulating a Zodiac with a chart
I want to make a circular chart similar to a Zodiac but I want to color sections similar to a pie chart. I have plotted this before using Sin/Cos of the degree but did not have the ability to color the pie shape pieces. Is this possible? So say I want from 360* (top dead center) to 90* (left quadrant) to be shaded, how would I do this and with what type of chart? Hi, Donut chart will provide the shaded circular sections. Cheers Andy gtslabs wrote: > I want to make a circular chart similar to a Zodiac but I want to > color sections similar to a pie chart. > I have plotted this bef...

How do I connect cell color to bar chart color?
I have seen an excel spread sheet bar chart where the colors of the bars were connected to the color of the cell. I was not able to determine how that was accomplished and the author of the spread sheet no longer works for the company that sent me the data. Does anyone know how this can be done? Hi Bob, It's possible this was done using a vba macro. For a non VBA approach have a look at Jon's examples of conditional charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy Bob Freerks wrote: > I have seen an excel spread sheet bar chart where the color...

bad mail folder #3
Every day I have thousands of email in the bad mail folder. The ones that I am concerend with is the ones that are address to old employees who no longer work here and who no longer have a sign on. I have turned recipent filtering on, so why are the emails being excepted in only to be rejected and now getting NDR to go back to the sender (which is spam). Thank you What version of Exchange? You can strip the attachment from NDRs if it's Exchange 2000 SP2 or higher, per http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303 Another technique you can use is to create a distribution list with no members...

Problem Veiwing Reports in CRM 3.0
Hi, I am having problems viewing reports in CRM Webclient. I log on as a standard user click on the report edit the filter and generate the report, and the system says the page cannot be displayed. If i log on as administrator it works, so i am assuming it is a permissions issue. Where and how to i change this so all users can view and generate reports? Any help on this issue would be much appreciated, thanks in advance Hi, Now the administrator cannot view the reports, apart from going to the report server via IP. Any help would be great. "Patrickh" wrote: > Hi, > ...

leading zero value help
Hello, I have two tables with a text field and the value in the field range from 50 to 9999. 50 is 2 characters, 100 is 3 characters and 9999 is 4 characters. I ran into a problem when referencing these values in calculation. How or what can I do to put two leading zero to 2 character field and one zero to 3 character field on all existing records? (Maybe a macro, I don't know) There are currently over 2000 records so it is sufficent to manually change them all. Any help is appreciated. Example: 50 = 0050 200 = 0200 950 = 0950 >>I ran into a problem when referencing thes...

MSCRM 3.0 Outlook Client
Whe working withe the MSCRM 3.0 Outlook Client for offline mode, it seems like the station's memory usage increase dramaticly. I wounder if by changing the setup of the server or client I could reduce the memory usage to a normal level. That happens because MSDE sql instance is activated, which is required to access offline data. There is no way to avoid that. You can check client task manager to see what processes consume memory. Andrei Smertin [MSFT] "amirar" wrote: > Whe working withe the MSCRM 3.0 Outlook Client for offline mode, it > seems like the station'...

Please help. Question about querying a subform
I asked this yesterday and see all kinds of questions around me being answered and suppose i just did not word this correctly. I have a table of lab results. It is related to my patient table. It is a one-to-many relationship. I have a date field, which is the date of last labs. I am trying to build a query that will pull only the most previous lab from each patient, with the criteria of it having been more than 6 months ago. I do not want to pull lab dates from 10 months ago, if there is one within the last 6 months. This is for a Dr and it is a priority that I get it d...

Stacked chart #3
Hi, I have income distribution functions for different countries and I am trying to stack these curves. The data looks in this way: Country 1 Country 2 x y x y 5 0.2 7 0.1 8 0.4 9 0.3 10 0.3 12 0.5 15 0.1 20 0.1 Where x is the mean income and y is the % of the population. My problem plotting the curves is that different countries have different range of x values. And I want to keep them when I am stacking the curves. When I use stacked line chart excel considers the x values as categorical ...

Newbie
Hi all I am not sure if this is able to be done, but I will explain what I am trying to do: I have the following cells: Worksheet 0 A B C D E 1 2 3 4 5 A B C D E 6 7 8 9 10 Where: A1 = Calculation in row 1 worksheet 1 B2 = Calculation in row 1 worksheet 2 C3 = Calculation in row 1 worksheet 3 D4 = Calculation in row 1 worksheet 4 E5 = Calculation in row 1 worksheet 5 and A6 = Calculation in row 2 worksheet 1 B7 = Calculation in row 2 worksheet 2 C8 = Calculation in row 2 worksheet 3 D9 = Calc...

View -> Sized With Window (for Excel charts): I want it back, plea
While I appreciate that not every function survives from one version to the next, this is one I sorely miss ! I use Excel 2003 at work, and 2007 at home. I can stand the constant bleating about compatability. I can even (barely) tolerate the highlight colors not matching. But this? Why oh why was it removed? Can you at least recommend a macro / VBA script patch to reurn this functionality to the program ? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...

outlook2003 help
Hi, all: I have a big 2gb file outlook.pst of outlook 2000, I could no longer work with this file in outlook2000. I know the file limit in 2003 is bigger, so I wonder I could use the 2003 open this file and still be ablt to modify it, as for now in 2000, I can read the information but not to modify like tasks. any help will be very much appreciated. thanks. David No you cannot. The file must be open to export to Outlook 2003 so you will have truncate the file first with the repair utility. You will still lose part of the pst file even if you eventually export to Outlook 2003. &quo...

Money 2006 Crashes on Exit #3
I have Win98SE. When I close Money, I get a message that an error has occurred and do I want to send Microsoft a report. For the 1st few times it happened, I said yes. Now I say no. In either case, Money exits, then starts up again & puts me into the Login screen. If I Close out of that, I get the error popup again. If I say No, Money closes and stays closed. What can I do to prevent Money from initially crashing? Thanks, Tony Money is still crashing. Any ideas how to fix it? "TonyK73" <TonyK73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A930778B-8B3E...

Offsetting Chart data
I require to view data in chart format, the problem is as the data lines are so close I need to offset the data to view all on one chart for comparison. Can anyone help me with this?? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ What does that mean? "Offset the data?" If you want to see only a subset of the data, see the Dynamic Charts page of my site. You should be able to adapt one of the examples to your needs. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -...

dynamic charts using named formulas
I have dates in the first row I have values in the second row I use tecnique of named formuls of offset function (tushar Methta) so that the chart is updated when data for new dates are added. now after some time I want to delete the older data If I delete the columns of older dates the named formula get messed up and I get error message that three is some wrong reference. actulally in the offset formula the starting cell is relaced by "REF" Then I have to redo the whole exercise any solutions. If the first row is some sort of header that doesn't get deleted, use it as the ba...

please help
I am a long time member of this newsgroup, but I've recently ran into some financial problems http://www.geocities.com/bumpcycle/donations.html ...

SQL 2005 and CRM 3.0
Hi all Just want to know if it is possible to install MSCRM 3.0 on one server and use a SQL 2005 server that is a standalone server is not part of the CRM AD domain. Is that possible and if so how does one configure it. No, the SQL server simply must be in same AD domain as the CRM server "chodeva" <chodeva@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182438284.428768.197020@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi all > > Just want to know if it is possible to install MSCRM 3.0 on one server > and use a SQL 2005 server that is a standalone server is not part of > the CRM ...

How do you ungroup charts in Powerpoint 07?
I'm trying to ungroup a chart in Powerpoint 07 like you would ungroup an object. You used to be able to do it in previous versions by right-clicking on the chart and then selecting ungroup. Can anybody help please? Thanks AK, Try this, select your chart and copy it. Home tab, click the list arrow next to Paste, select Paste Special and select Enhanced Metafile. Now you should be able to ungroup the pasted graphic. -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "AKGray66" <AKGray66@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:F42ED3C3-80F8-46BC-890F-B...

Address Book View #3
Hi, I'm trying to make use of the Address Book Views in Exchange 5.5 sp4. Currently I can create a Address Book View, but can't add new contacts into it. I can only use Recipient Containers for addressing. I would like to have an Address Book or Recipient Container that is can be sorted by users' company. So far I managed to create a custom Recipient Container called Internet Recipients which houses all frequently contacted internet customers. I have to prefix them with their company e.g., ABC--Al Bob Microsoft--John Doe Microsoft--Mary Jane Is there a better way of doing ...

Help! #6
I have a spreadsheet which consists of a separate worksheet for each month. Each worksheet is holding data about the number of days a person is absent and the number of occasions. For example, if a person has a whole week off this will show as 5 days absent on one occasion. At the end of each sheet is a column with totals the number of days and another totals the number of columns. This data is then transferred to a summary sheet which comprises pairs of colums containg the total days lost in each month, and the total instances each month. My problem comes when somebody is absent over ...

publish chart to IIS Server
Right now i can publish my report to an interactive htm file. How do I publish it to say an IIS Server ? ...

TO CREATE A LINE CHART WITH RATE IN Y AXIS & REAL TIME IN X AXIS
i want to create a line chart in excel for rate vs time as y & x axis data. the chart should be an automatic charting as, when the particular time (10,10.30,11,11.30 ...)of system time reaches the data in one cell (rate ) should be taken automatically for charting the chart for 10am to 11.30pm. the only thing is how to check logically if the system time reached or not. Put the times in one column and the rates in the next, then create an XY chart. I can't tell a lot from your post, but if you expect Excel to determine a rate from the time, it will not. You have to write some fo...

please help 12-22-09
I am having trouble with my form pulling info from my query. It will run fine if I don't have the forms!formname!controlname there but once I add that it won't pull at all. Does anybody have a clue why its not pulling? On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 06:44:01 -0800, MsWatts <MsWatts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having trouble with my form pulling info from my query. I think you mean "my query pulling info from my form." >It will run fine >if I don't have the forms!formname!controlname there but once I add that it >won't pull at al...

Mail merge problem #3
Running Publisher 2003, Word 2003 I have a Word document -- with an Avery label format -- containing my mailing list. When trying to mail merge with the wizard, it errors out saying; "Some of the field names in this data source are blank or contain invalid characters, such as periods, brackets, or exclamation points. Change these field names before you import data from this data source." I've cleared out all the punctuation, etc. marks that are there and cleared out any blank "Labels". I'm still getting this error. What's up? Will I be able to make...

Quick debugging help needed
I'm on a 2-hour deadline to get this sub working, and, since I'm new to VBA, I don't know enough to know which particular very stupid thing I'm doing. Having said that, if some kind soul can point me in the right direction to fix this, blessings will be upon your head. This stops in 'week2' with runtime error 424 - Object required - it's working on a scheduling worksheet and is looking for overtime hours in particular cases - hence the values 1, 2 or 3 in column W in rows where column AT is X. I know I don't yet know if number values require ""...

Excel to XML: Need some help fine tuning a macro
Hey all, I've downloaded a Macro http://meadinkent.co.uk/ and have been editing it get the exported XML to appear as required, however I can't seem to get the 2 of my fields to display correctly. There are two fields which have numbers in but are formatted as text because I do not want them rounded up. One cell has -0.08162498 in it and in the exported XML doesn't even appear. Another cell has 51.51891794 in it and in the exported XML appears as 52. My question is how can I get the information to appear as I've typed it in rather then rounding it? I have cha...