chart - Header/Footer

Help...
Is is possible to insert a header and/or footer into
multiple charts(Excel 2000 or 2002)?   I was hoping I
could insert a common chart header/footer as is possible
with worksheets.  Any help appreciated.
0
anonymous (74722)

You could set up the headers and footers on one chart (File menu > Page
Setup), then before doing anything else, select each subsequent chart in
turn and press the F4 key, which repeats this action.

You could also select a chart, then record a macro while setting up its
headers and footers.  Then edit the macro code to only do the headers
and footers, and leave out all that other page setup stuff.  The final
macro might look like this:

Sub ChartHeaderFooter()
     With ActiveChart.PageSetup
         .LeftHeader = "&BConfidential&B"
         .CenterHeader = "&D"
         .RightHeader = "Page &P"
     End With
End Sub

Then select each chart and run the macro.

To repeat this macro on all chart sheets and embedded charts in the
workbook, try this:

Sub AllChartsHeaderFooter()
   Dim oChart as Chart
   Dim oSheet as Object
   Dim oChtObj as ChartObject
   For Each oChart in ActiveWorkbook.Charts
     With oChart.PageSetup
       .LeftHeader = "&BConfidential&B"
       .CenterHeader = "&D"
       .RightHeader = "Page &P"
     End With
   Next
   For Each oSheet In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
     For Each oChtObj in oSheet.ChartObjects
       With oChtObj.Chart.PageSetup
         .LeftHeader = "&BConfidential&B"
         .CenterHeader = "&D"
         .RightHeader = "Page &P"
       End With
     Next
   Next
End Sub

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

rekoop wrote:
> Help...
> Is is possible to insert a header and/or footer into
> multiple charts(Excel 2000 or 2002)?   I was hoping I
> could insert a common chart header/footer as is possible
> with worksheets.  Any help appreciated.

Inability to chart a logartihmic values
I have been working on some mathematical formulas and equations and am trying to chart them. However I need to be able to have a logarithmic axis for one set of the values and do not know how to obtain this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. To get a log scale, double click on an axis, click on the Scale tab of the Format Axis dialog that pops up, and check the Logarithmic Scale box. If you want to make the X axis into a log scale, make sure you have a scatter chart, not a line chart. The line chart treats the X values as nonnumeric categories, while the scatter chart treats them as ...

Gantt Chart Task dependencies
Hello, I already have an Excel Gantt Chart, however I need to include dependencies in there (As you can define in MS Project) Has anyone a suggestion for me how I can get this in? You can either write a bunch of formulas to try to capture the constraints, or you can bite the bullet and use a software package (e.g., MS Project) that includes the capability you require. It is even possible to integrate the two, so that Project uses Excel data (don't ask me how, I've never tried with Project). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials an...

Directory Import Question
Hello, We've recently had to re-install our Exchange 5.5 server because there was a problem with the directory being corrupt. We have it running again but we are missing some of the attributes for mailboxes, DL's e.t.c. including : Notes Phone Number Secondary-Proxy-Addresses ......e.t.c. We have successfully exported this missing field data by using an export ..CSV file and exporting the data from the directory on a "restored" copy of our live Exchange 5.5 server (backup taken prior to re-install). Our export file looks like : Obj-Class,First Name,Last name,Disp...

Formulae for a score chart
I'm making a score sheet with results and the total result, but was wondering how I can make the position appear under the total (e.g First, second etc), in other words the formula. I'm sure there's a way it's just been a long day Thanks Nick There is rank; for example +RANK(B1,A1:A25,1) will show you where the value in B1 stands among values in A1:A25. the final argument ",1" is optional, but in this case makes it so that the lowest number has the "best" ranking. "Nick H" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0...

finding header still trouble
thank you, but doesn't help. I send a message. I get a message from 'system administrator' saying error 550 send prohibited by administrator. on following your instructions there is no header on this and anyway it does not include my message. but there is an attachment symbolically noted with message, but there is no place to click to see it (is it even there?) therefore I can not send it to anyone and the administrator support says that they cannot do anything without the thing that they failed to send to me. How about turning on diagnostic logging or trying the same sen...

Pivot Chart
I have a 900,000 record database in Access and I use EXCEL pivot chart to query the database. It works wonderfully, except when I add additional fields to the database and I need to add these fields in the pivot chart, I have to start all over again. Isn't there a quick way to add a field to the pivot chart query ? Appreciate reply to SoonLeng_Lim@myrealbox.com Hi lsl, Go to the pivot table wizard, hit the back button a couple of times, click the get Data button. You are now in Microsoft Query. Just drag the fields you need to the results pane... -- Ed Ferrero http://edferrero.m6.n...

Chart Shows data wrong way around
Hi, I have this strange problem with a simple chart. Y Axis shows correct =A30.00 - and scaling upwards. X Axis is the problem. As you look at the chart the X axis displays the days correct 1 2 3 4 5 and so on. Now the problem is the actual bars read right to left, so day 1 has the bar over it for the last day and the last day has the bar for day 1. I am no way an Excel expert :) so if this is something very obvious then "opps" but any help is much appreciated on how to have them matching up correctly. I don't know why yours is backwards. If it is a horizontal bar chart, th...

Excel
I need to create an expense sheet in excel that has the same 'title' (e.g., "transportation", "business lunch", "advertising" read down the left side/columns, and "date", "cost", "vendor" read across the top/rows) information in column A (for example) on each page, for what will be a multi-page document. It seems that this would be resolved in a header-footer capacity, but I am uncertain of the proper procedure, partly because the info is rather complex. Help? See the "File->PageSetup->Sheet" tab. --...

2 axis bar chart?
I need to create a two axis chart using columns for both data sets. One of the custom charts uses 2 axis, but requires a line rather than a column for one data set. Is there a way to use a separate column (not stacked) for each data set? Gordon - You don't need to constrain yourself to the abbreviated list of built-in custom chart types that come with Excel. Does this page describe what you want: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech...

Bubble chart that displays profit/loss clusters in a full day
I´ve tried to make a bubble chart that displays profit/losses for a day trader in the forex market. But I cant get it rigt. The chart gets all wrong. What I try to is as follows: The Y axis should be the time of day when the trade was placed and the x axis should be the profit or loss (positive or negative number) Preferably a loss should display as a red bubble and a profit should display as a blue bubble, increasing in size with the size of the profit/loss. Therby I will be able to identify the time when profit or loss clusters. Here is a example of the dataset: $ ...

active chart option
How do I activate the "Active chart" option in "Chart" tab of "Options" selection under the "Tools" menu? I can see it but I can't activate it. Regards, giacomo Hi giacomo, Try selecting the chart before going to Tools > Options Cheers Andy giacomo wrote: > How do I activate the "Active chart" option in "Chart" > tab of "Options" selection under the "Tools" menu? I can > see it but I can't activate it. > Regards, > giacomo -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope...

Extract values off a chart???
Dear Excel Experts: I have created a scatter chart of x and y values. Having done this, is it at all possible to extract intermediate values from the chart. For example, can I call out a value on the x axis and somehow have the program interpolate a value along the y axis where the x axis value would intersect. If this can't be done, then can someone tell me how to interpolate from the data that was used to create this chart? Here's what I have: the x axis is a series of values that represent rainfall storm duarations in minutes, i.e. 10 min, 30 min, etc. The y axis value...

micro charts
micro charts in excel. has anyone used them? Hi, I'm not sure what you mean by micro chart, but some people have created chart which display in single cells, their (chart type) name slips my mind. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "JOHNK" wrote: > micro charts in excel. has anyone used them? Johnk Microcharts is a major topic, they are also know as sparklines (Tufte). I have a tutorial on how to make a chart in a cell which lets you control chart size by cell size. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_chart_in_cell.htm Ask ET (Tufte) has an extensive discussion page d...

macro for making chart across sheets
hi! I have tons of data on different worksheets and I tried to create a macro to plot a chart for each set of data But the macro will only work on the original data. Every time I run the macro on a new worksheet, it plots the original data. How can I fix this? Thanks Minhao Wong Range("A7:B407").Select Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatterSmoothNoMarkers ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A7:B407"), _ PlotBy:=xlColumns ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsNewSheet With ActiveChart ...

Chart headings
How can I insert a cell reference as a chart heading such that the cel datum will appear in the chart as the heading? Similar for x-axis an y-axis headers -- bac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bacs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2595 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39326 Hi, I have a explanation of linking chart labels to cells. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Cheers Andy bacs wrote: > How can I insert a cell reference as a chart heading such that the ...

Bubble charts: just size, no x/y
I am hoping to recreate a bubble chart with excel that I previously created online. However, I'm not sure if it is possible. The online chart expresses the relationship of elements to one another using the size (similar to the excel bubble chart option) but without the need for x and y values. See an example here: http://manyeyes.alphaworks.ibm.com/manyeyes//manyeyes/visualizations/ee-industry-types Thanks, -- lcoleman Your link takes me to "Sorry, we couldn't find the page you were looking for" You can of course create dummy x and y series to allow you to place the...

area chart doesn't show values
hi all, in excel 2003 i have created a area chart, based on values per day. If i point the mouse on a data point, a flag will show the data and date of this value. after open in excel 2007, this will only work, if i change the chart type from area to line-graph, so do everybody know, how to show the values in an area chart? thanks and greetings from switzerland Dieter ...

Error with parentheses in chart labels
The series names in my chart are set to cells, some of which contain parentheses within their text - for example: Nonconformance (Serious) The legend incorrectly displays the name with the closing parenthesis first: )Nonconformance (Serious If I include the series name on the chart data, it displays correctly (which seems to suggest a bug with the legend). I have tried to enclose the cell values in quotes or beginning it with a tick mark, but the error still occurs. This occurs in both Windows Excel 2003 and Mac Excel 2004. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Chart Wizard in Excel not flexible enough
Why not make Microsoft Graph accessible ffom Excel, for greater flexibility in graphing information than Chart Wizard allows? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=afd628a5-6a36-4c10-ab3f-380de...

importing Word footer and TOC
one time I imported a Word doc into Publisher and the footer (which also had an image in it) and an automated TOC converted over into Publisher like silk. I tried it again and now the image (from the footer) appears at the top of the document and the TOC didn't hook in. Why did it work the first time and now it won't? ...

same footer on all pages
Is there a way to put the same footer on all Excel pages at once, i.e., something like "apply to all"? I have 30 worksheets (some with several pages each). Do I have to set up each worksheet individually withthe same footer? Select all sheets before you do Page Setup; click the tab of the first sheet, hold SHIFT and select the last tab. Then setup your page. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Stephie Smith" <ssmith@modusoperandi.com> wrote in message news:048301c38206$0eea8110$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to put the same footer on ...

Line Chart treats blank cells as zero
Hi! I want to make a line chart from some columns. I have formulas in the cells that either puts a value in them or just puts "" (blank) in them. Instead of treating the blanks as zero I just want the chart to stop drawing the line. How is that possible? Regards /Anders "Anders Wahlin" <anders.wahlin@hp.com> wrote in news:4027969f@usenet01.boi.hp.com: > Hi! > > I want to make a line chart from some columns. I have formulas in the > cells that either puts a value in them or just puts "" (blank) in > them. Instead of treating the blanks ...

bar chart question
Hi, Is it possible to plot a horizontal bar graph where the Y axis represents a category, the X axis is Time, and where the height of the bar is related to an additional numerical variable? Anyone know of other graphing tools that will allow you to do this? Thanks and happy to clarify, Kevin I featured a gantt-type chart with variable width bars in this article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=533 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ kmatch wrote: &...

Pie Chart format
Greetings! I have numerous existing pie charts that need to be reformatted. Basically, the desired view of each pie chart is that each should be read like an analog clock. The first and largest segment should begin @ 12 o'clock and each consecutive smaller segment should appear clockwise. I know Excel will produce a pie chart like this if the data is sorted already (A=3, B=2, C=1), but is there any way to consistently produce this chart result with data points that may not be ordered in such manner? You feedback is much appreciated! ...

Outlook 2003 Copying headers
Hi. I'm having a problem with Outlook 2003. For email metrics purposes, we need to copy the header information and paste it into Excel (highlight the email, ctrl-c and paste in excel). Previously this was working fine with Outlook 2000 & Excel 2000. Now when we try to copy the header information it is not giving us the full date, it only gives us the time of the email. I have tried this with Outlook 2003/Excel 2003 and Outlook 2003/Excel 2000. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? Bruce. Bruce Cairy wrote: > Hi. I'm having a problem with Outlook 2003....