Chart formating problem

Hi!

I have a simple bar chart in reverse order, and all axis values, labels and
titles formated at 9px weight.
When I re-open the document all of the mentioned text appears at 1px, what
forces me to format again back to 9px weight. And that repeats at every
re-opening.
I've searched the options in hope to find some check-box that always fix
things like this one but there isn't any.
Do you have any idea why those labels are so stubborn? :)

Thanks!
K.

incoming emails problem after migration
As a process to migrate from ex5.5 to ex2k, I installed ex2k server as a site of ex5.5 within the same organization. I moved all the mailboxes from ex5.5 to ex2k server and configured a new SMTP connector in routing group. I also changed the pix configuration to point to new ex2k server. My outgoing emails are working fine but have problems in incoming emails. Senders get undeliverable message. When I see in the routing group i can see the Ex5.5 machine as a IMS connector. If the problem is due to this then how can I add new IMS connector for ex2k? I would appriciate if anybody have ...

Bar and Line plots on the same chart
Is there a way to have some data plotted as bars and other data as lines on the same chart? Appreciate any suggestiuions. Dave WinXP SP3 Office (Excel)2003 Hi, Yes, you need to plot the line as an xy-scatter in order to get the line to go vertically. with Y values being used to align the points with the bars. Cheers Andy On 12/05/2010 16:05, Dave wrote: > Is there a way to have some data plotted as bars and other data as lines on > the same chart? > > Appreciate any suggestiuions. > > Dave > WinXP SP3 Office (Excel)2003 > > -...

How do I plot multiple x-axis series in excel charts
I am plotting 3 years of survey data. Survey date is the x axis and count value is the y axis. Surveys were not conducted on exactly the same date in each year. In previous versions of excel I could convert the data to a number (i.e. julian date) Specifiy the minimum and maximum x-axis values and the data points would be diplayed at the appropriate x-value (date). However in Excell 2003 I can't seem to do this. I can't specify a scale for the x-axis and when I try and put specific values in for the x-axis excel will only use the last one entered and applies these date values to ...

true 3D bar charts possible?
Hi, all. Would anyone know if MS Excel is capable of graphing true 3D bar charts? I have 2 factors and 1 response variable. I would like to show how the response varies on the z (up) axis with changes in the 2 factors on the x and y axes (along and into the monitor screen and/or printout). If anyone knows, could you please let me know how to do this? TIA, Bob Hi Robert, The x and y axes are category type on a 3d chart. Only the z axis is a value. Your data may allow you to work around this limitation. Robert Kim wrote: > Hi, all. Would anyone know if MS Excel is capable of graphi...

Outlook2000 problems with a larger disc drive
Everyone, I have just upgraded my computer from a 6gig drive to a WDC 160gig drive. I used the image copy software that comes with the Western Digital to copy my old XP professional system to the new drive. Everything works OK except OUTLOOK. I am getting errors when trying to download my e-mail from the POP3 server. It looks like the mail is coming in but never makes it to the inbox. Can any of you give me a start on this problem. Thanks, Greg Ennis ...

Format Row based on text value in cell
I want to format a row based on the value of one of the cells in the row. Basically, I want to set the color of the row to green if a particular cell in the row is COMPLETE and red otherwise. How can I do this? Thanks, B. Search for "Conditional Formatting" in Excel help. Also, you can find help for Conditional Formatting on Chip's website, http://www.cpearson.com/excel.htm Hope that helps! Eric Maybe you'll like to experiment with this as well .. Assume the target row is row2, the particular cell in the row is B2, and the spec "COMPLETE" means B2 contai...

Aaarggh! Cache mode problems again!
I know there's a fix out there for this one, i just can't find it on MS's web site. For users who are running Outlook2k3 with cached exchange mode, new entries in the GAL do not appear. Users who don't use cached exchange mode or who use OWA can see the new addresses just fine. If cached exchange mode users temporarily turn this feature off, they can once again see all the new addresses. Does anyone know where Microsoft hid the hotfix for this one? I'm thinking that it must've been overwritten during a recent round of patching and updating. Thanks. There is no ...

Formatting time sum field
I want to calculate the difference between two date fields and display as total days:hours:minutes. Is this possible? I've used DateDiff('n',[StartDate],[EndDate]) to calculate the difference as minutes, but don't know how to format the result as days:hours:minutes. (The ":" separator isn't critical. Just want the results all shown in one field.) Any ideas? Thanks in advance. -- Paul Paul If you try to use Access date/time formatting, as soon as you total more than 24 hours it appears to "reset". You'll need to create (or locate) a pr...

Problem changing Business Unit for one user...
Hello; I created a "Sales" Business Unit and I'm trying to move our Sales Manager's account from the main Business Unit to this Sales Unit. However, whenever I try, I get this error: An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. Well, I am the system admin, and I don't know what's wrong! :D There doesn't seem to be any errors in the event log on the CRM server. I've tried moving other users in the same way (from the main Unit to Sales) with no problem. Since I can't (or shouldn't) dink with the database, how am ...

Charting a Frequency Distribution
Greetings, math and Excel wizards! Looking for an idea on how to convert random data into bins of magnitude vs frequency of occurrence, then chart the data. Specifically 1. Data: Electrical demand values for a manufacturing facility, in 15-minute intervals, for an entire month. Data is basically a time-marked stream of kilowatts vs date/time 2. Goal: Create a data set and corresponding chart of kilowatts vs frequency of occurrence. The abscissa will be frequency of occurrence, from 1 (where the single, maximum peak value occurs) to several hundred. The ordinate will be the kilowatt va...

Any way to freeze cell format? borders, shadding, fonts ...
I often make nice borders, with fonts and shading. And i have data inside this chart. Then sure enough, I end up needing to change all kind of data, and move the data to different columns and rows. when a move a cell it it also move the border and any other formating. So now I have a hole in my border, which is time consuming to fix. Any way to freeze the border and formating, so you can move the cells around but not the formating of the cells? I found a way around this problem, but it is not perfect (copy and paste format, from a template I made). Any ideas? thanks. On Feb ...

How do I show the whole chart?
All of my values in my graph are negative, so my chart only shows the 3rd quadrant, but I'd like to make my graph show all four quadrants. Any suggestions? Format Axis/ Scale -- David Biddulph "TuttiFlutieOboist" <TuttiFlutieOboist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:990E5838-01D1-45C8-80D1-65E40CF3DFEE@microsoft.com... > All of my values in my graph are negative, so my chart only shows the 3rd > quadrant, but I'd like to make my graph show all four quadrants. Any > suggestions? ...

How to control chart properties from worksheet
Hello experts! Is it possible to control the chart properties from the worksheet? I know it is possible to control legend texts (series names). I am especially interested in controlling the ranges of series. How to control the title and other texts on the chart would be also useful. Best regards, Marko Marko - You can control the length of the series by creating dynamic ranges and using these as the data range for each series. See the examples and links here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html You can link a chart text element to a worksheet cell easily. Select the...

Formats of Imported Data
When importing from Crystal 8.5 into Excel 2000, formats such as percentages and dates cannot be readily updated. I have to enter the format needed and Copy / Paste Special Formats to get the correct format. Is there an easier way? -- Hudd Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Hudd wrote: > When importing from Crystal 8.5 into Excel 2000, formats such as > percentages and dates cannot be readily updated. I have to enter the > format needed and Copy / Paste Special Formats to get the correct > format. Is there an easier way? ...

date format using dot / period
I have a user that did a custom format for a column to be mm.dd.yyyy. When I type the date using slashes - Excel recognizes the data as a date. However, my user typed the data using dots. I told her to find and replace the dots and make them slashes to make the information correctly sort. But I am curious, is there a way for excel to recognize numbers seperated with a dot as a date opposed to an integer or decimal number? thank you Only be either changing the windows settings for date delimiters (not recommended) or using a macro that will change the dots to date delimiters like / ...

How to create a chart with two set of data
case 1) x values and two values in three columns side by side: Select all three columns of data and make chart case 2) x values and one y-value are in neighbouring columns but second y-range is elsewhere: Select x and first y; hold CTRL; select second y; make chart case 3) two sets of x and y values: make chart from first set; select second set and Copy; activate chart; use Edit | Paste Special | New Series (check the box for x-values in first column) Hope this covers it. Please use the white space to ask questions in detail best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http:/...

e-mail problem
hello, after installing a linksys WRT54G Broadband Router, I can no longer send e-mails through Outlook Express. Any ideas? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress for OE 6.x microsoft.public.interne...

Why can't I see format changes in Excel?
I am working in excel and making format changes (i.e. font color changes) but I can't see them in the worksheet. But if I print preview or print the worksheet the format changes are there Karen If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;320531 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 05:38:03 -0800, "Karen-Acct" <Karen-Ac...

#NA Problem using VLOOKUP
Hi All, Im currently having an issue using VLOOKUP in that Im trying to get a football league table to sort automatically. My problem is that when two teams have the same points value the table will only display the first team it recognizes will that point value and display any other teams with that value as #N/A Can anyone please advise on how to rectify this problem. (I am new to using formulas etc so please be gentle with me) Thanks in advance for any assistance :) -- kingrobbo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kingrobbo's Profile: http...

Conditional formatting across entire column
Is there a way to apply conditional formatting if any value in a entire column equals another single cell?? Thanks >Conditional formatting across entire column Do you mean across a row or down a column? I'll assume you mean across a row Assume the range of interest is A1:E1 Select the range A1:E1 Goto Format>Conditional Formatting Formula Is: =MAX(COUNTIF($A1:$E1,$A1:$E1))>1 Click the Format button Select the style(s) desired OK out -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "David Johnston" <jhh@thd.com> wrote in message news:5b001db1a5914238b035813a47314af5@ureader.co...

Cell Format #12
How can I insert a number leading off with a 0 into a cell that is formatted as general without the 0 getting kicked? hi, 1.format it as text(recommended) 2.custom format 00000 (or how every many characters you need) >-----Original Message----- >How can I insert a number leading off with a 0 into a cell that is formatted >as general without the 0 getting kicked? >. > If you need to use the number in subsequent calculations, choose Format/Cells/Number/Custom, and either choose the number of digits you want, e.g., 0000;-0000;0000 or the number of leading zero'...

Excel 2007 stacked column charts
When I create a stacked column chart I only get very narrow coloured lines, instead of the usual thicker vertical bars. Please advise how I can produce the bars. (This question asked two days ago, and there was an auto response to say that an answer had been posted, but the link produced only a blank screen). Hi, There seems to be something wrong with auto response, you should check the previous post. One possible solution is to right-click a column and choose Format Data Series, and in the first tab decrease the Gap Width. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, S...

CAPS and Date/Time formatting
Hello! I'm hoping the discussion group can advise me on a couple of formatting issues- I have a State field that is 2 characters with a format of " >". Great for data entry, but when the State in pulled into a report, the State does not appear in all capital letters. What is the correct formatting for all caps? I have a Date/Time field with this formatting: =(Format$([SchedDate],"Long Date",0,0) & " at " & (Format$([ShiftStart],"Medium Time"))) which gives me: Sunday, July 08, 2007 at 09:30 AM How can I format for: Sunday, July 8, ...

Autocomplete Problem
Have a new machine: HP, Windows 7 64 Bit; Outlook 2007; using Microsoft Exchange Server from the corporate mother ship. Having problems getting autocomplete to transfer from old machine to new machine. Old machine has Outlook 2003. Found the .N2K file on old machine. Copied it to the new machine into ...Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook. Does not seem to pick up the data in the new machine. However, autocomplet is working with the new machine with new email addresses passing throught the program. Just would like to add all of my old autocompletes. Let me know if there is any m...

Tab and Backspace key problem
I have one user that when he uses either the tab key or the backspace key while filling in forms gets a nonprintable character (thick vertical bar) echoed to the screen rather than the tab moving the cursor to the next field or backspace erasing characters. This only happens in Microsoft Dynamics GP ver 9.00, other applications on the pc work correctly. Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated. Any chance this is caused by something in his Regional Settings? or his keyboard settings? (different language / keyboard layout) Just taking a guess here .. M. &q...