Chart does not print properly even if shows ok in page break previ

When I have a worksheet which includes a chart that is big in size and then I
want it to print in one page then I use the fit to function in the page
property window and select either a percentage or the number of pages (i.e,
tall x wide).

Once I print  or do print preview the cells are shrunk so the fit to
whatever size I requested but somehow the chart does not shrink.  I looks as
if it is an independent object. This is deceiving particularly in the page
break preview which does show that my chart will fit inside my page but when
I print it does something completely different. Excel 2003 did not have this
problem I just noticed it in excel 2007.
0
Rontamale (2)

My charts resize just fine when I used Fit to 1 Page
Is your chart verrrrry large?
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rontamale" <Rontamale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I have a worksheet which includes a chart that is big in size and
> then I
> want it to print in one page then I use the fit to function in the page
> property window and select either a percentage or the number of pages
> (i.e,
> tall x wide).
>
> Once I print  or do print preview the cells are shrunk so the fit to
> whatever size I requested but somehow the chart does not shrink.  I looks
> as
> if it is an independent object. This is deceiving particularly in the page
> break preview which does show that my chart will fit inside my page but
> when
> I print it does something completely different. Excel 2003 did not have
> this
> problem I just noticed it in excel 2007.

0
bliengme (657)
9/19/2009 5:40:56 PM
nope, my chart is small.  But you gave me an idea.  I asked a coworker to try
one of my files that I know have this problem and in his computer everything
looked ok.   It must be that my excel 2007 is corrupted.  I know my IT dept
will opt to reinstall the whole thing since it would be very unlikely that
they can find the root cause.
thanks for the help.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> My charts resize just fine when I used Fit to 1 Page
> Is your chart verrrrry large?
> best wishes
>
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>

> "Rontamale" <Rontamale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I have a worksheet which includes a chart that is big in size and
> > then I
> > want it to print in one page then I use the fit to function in the page
> > property window and select either a percentage or the number of pages
> > (i.e,
> > tall x wide).
> >
> > Once I print  or do print preview the cells are shrunk so the fit to
> > whatever size I requested but somehow the chart does not shrink.  I looks
> > as
> > if it is an independent object. This is deceiving particularly in the page
> > break preview which does show that my chart will fit inside my page but
> > when
> > I print it does something completely different. Excel 2003 did not have
> > this
> > problem I just noticed it in excel 2007.

0
Rontamale (2)
9/22/2009 8:04:06 PM
I have the same problem, regardless of the size of the chart. Did your
reinstall fix your problem?

"Rontamale" wrote:

> nope, my chart is small.  But you gave me an idea.  I asked a coworker to try
> one of my files that I know have this problem and in his computer everything
> looked ok.   It must be that my excel 2007 is corrupted.  I know my IT dept
> will opt to reinstall the whole thing since it would be very unlikely that
> they can find the root cause.
> thanks for the help.
>
> "Bernard Liengme" wrote:
>
> > My charts resize just fine when I used Fit to 1 Page
> > Is your chart verrrrry large?
> > best wishes
> >
> > --
> > Bernard V Liengme
> > Microsoft Excel MVP
> > http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
> > remove caps from email
> >

> > "Rontamale" <Rontamale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I have a worksheet which includes a chart that is big in size and
> > > then I
> > > want it to print in one page then I use the fit to function in the page
> > > property window and select either a percentage or the number of pages
> > > (i.e,
> > > tall x wide).
> > >
> > > Once I print  or do print preview the cells are shrunk so the fit to
> > > whatever size I requested but somehow the chart does not shrink.  I looks
> > > as
> > > if it is an independent object. This is deceiving particularly in the page
> > > break preview which does show that my chart will fit inside my page but
> > > when
> > > I print it does something completely different. Excel 2003 did not have
> > > this
> > > problem I just noticed it in excel 2007.

0
foibles (1)

Linking Time-varying charts
Hi all, Here's my problem. I've got a set of Excel files with monthly data which is updated every month. So in January I only have Jan data. In February I have Jan and Feb data, and so on. The chart I have for this data always displays a full 18 months data from October 2003 to March 2005, and as more data is added, the line on the chart snakes its way from left to right. These files are submitted to me from various sources. As a central data collector, I now want to link these Excel files into a single Excel file which will display all the charts in one place for convenience. Ho...

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

Print or Print Preview not showing text
Print or Print Preview not showing text using PP2007 just released SP2 for office Now when we try to use print or print preview only see some of the text headers. None of the text is showing or the background or images, using built in templates. Worked bofore After testing, I found I have to set the color/greyscale - to colour to actually use the print preview. But it previews in grey scale, can't even see the preview in color. Unless I also go into printer settings and change that to color then get colour in preview. If I set it to grey scale and my printer is a ...

How to print a multiple page two sided small booklet, 4.5x5.5"
Publisher 03 has a folded card that uses standard 8.5x11" paper and after printing folds to a card size 4.5 x 5.5" What I need is to create a non folded "booklet" version which can have multiple pages (more than 8), printed on front and back. Essentially the same as the 8.5x5" program booklets (found in File/Page Setup/publication type:booklet) which print multiple pages now, but smaller and capable of printing front to back pages to either be folded into a booklet (one fold on center pages) or cut and bound into a booklet. I'm trying to build a small boo...

Chart Type HELP!
Hi, I still need help on the Chart Type thread that I posted a couple of hours ago under "Chart Type". It is URGENT--for a presentation for which I am already late!! Anybody?? Tx, Sat Hi Sat - Take a look at what I just posted and see if it helps. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Combination chart? Stacked cylinders and scatter
Hi, I want to make a stacked bar chart that also shows another data point as a single point along the stacked bar. Here is what I have so far '[img=http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/5372/chart7ur.th.jpg]' (http://img304.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chart7ur.jpg) Here is what I want to accomplish: - don't show Sections where Length is zero -- right now the zero sections show with label and value on the right side of the cylinders - show another data point (from another cell in my sheet) as a single point along the stacked bar - show a final data point as the total of the bar len...

Problem with line Chart
I have the following data: Date Value 1/07 700 3/07 550 9/07 600 10/07 550 7/08 500 9/08 700 2/09 750 8/09 600 I would like to create a simple line chart connecting the Value points. Note that the points correspond to random dates (not evenly spaced). How can I create a line chart that has time on the x-axis, (say shown in months) with a line connecting the Value points, which are shown at various locations in time. Soun...

Printing EXCEL items in WORD
Excel seems to work better for tables than WORD's tables; yet when a table created in EXCEL is copied and pasted into a WORD document I caannot get the gridlines to print. Even thouigh in EXCEL the print gridlines instructions are checked. What should I do? I've always apply borders--either in Excel or in Word. In Word: select a cell in the table Table|Select|Table Format|borders and shading|borders tab check the All icon. The gridlines in Word don't print. Word's help says to use borders. (I just checked.) Old Red One wrote: > > Excel seems to work bett...

No "Chart Option" feature in the Formatting Palette or when double click on Chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have read a discussion board concerning this issue but it was from 2008 and no solution was offered yet. The problem is as follows: one creates a graph but cannot add a title or format the axis etc. <br><br>When I open a new spreadsheet and enter the data, I can create the graph. However, I cannot select the &quot;Chart Option&quot; to change any specific features. On the formatting palette I only get the "Page Setup" options but nothing relating to the chart and when I double click on the graph t...

Printing
I am receiving an error message: An operation on table 'CN_Printer_Settings' failed because the path does not exist. Can anyone help me resolve this issue? ...

OWA reply shows broken link in the form area
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C5AE18.43CE9F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, When I reply to a message from within OWA, I get a broken link in the = areas where I would type. It's as if it can't find the form or = something. It's not a signature file problem from what I can tell. Any ideas? ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C5AE18.43CE9F70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &q...

How to prevent breaks in sentences within a paragraph when email
When I type a paragraph within an email, it looks great, even after I've added words to the sentence, or changed the sentence structure. Then I send the email, and sometimes send it to myself, but the sentences and paragraph are chopped up, and the idea doesn't "flow" like I wanted it to. Any suggestions on how I can keep the sentences together so they make more sense? I have looked at every option in "Tools", but haven't found a solution. Thanks. Are you using HTML or plain text? HTML will generally keep the same formatting while plain text ...

When I print invitations, the guidelines are printing.
Does anyone know how to make the guidelines not print on my card stock? When you go to Print, go to File > Print > Advanced Print Settings > Page Settings > Printer's Marks and uncheck crop marks. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "cudivermom" <cudivermom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB1F34F0-BB74-4107-8E80-DB133F96699A@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to make the guidelines not print on my card stock? ...

Excel 2007 Page numbering
Is there a way in 2007 to consectively number all the sheets beginning with one (1) until ....? Thank you in advance for your help. Do you mean consecutive page numbers when printing more than one worksheet? Select the sheets to print using CTRL + click or Shift + click Then set up the header or footer with &[Page] The selected sheets will print consecutively page-numbered. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:09:01 -0800, Dottie <Dottie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way in 2007 to consectively number all the sheets beginning with >one (1)...

Problems with Colour Printing
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets containing colour formatting (including graphs) that is regularly printed out in colour and greyscale. The problem I have is that when I need to print out several sheets simultaneously I uncheck the "Greyscale" option under print options and have the print job come out in colour. To print multiple selected sheets in colour I need to change the print options for each individual sheet (about 10 in all) to colour (non- greyscale). One strange peculiarity of this is that some of the sheets will not need to be "Unchecked"...

Page set up
Is there any way to repeat a row at the BOTTOM of every page (Opposite to repeat row at top). No. This feature is not in the program specifications of Microsoft Excel. ----- Ranjit wrote: ----- Is there any way to repeat a row at the BOTTOM of every page (Opposite to repeat row at top). ...

How to properly group radio buttons
I have created eight radio buttons. Two of them are in first groupbox and others are in second groupbox. When I try radio buttons, only one of all eight can be checked. How to make buttons in one groupbox not depending on other groupbox ? Thanks ! P. Hi, The first radio button in each group should have the group style set to true. The grouping then works from the first group button with the group style upto and excluding the next control with the groups style. Note the grouping is tab order dependent. Hope this helps Chris Taylor "Peter" <pskvarka@softinengines.com> wro...

How to credit complicated pie chart
I want to create a pie chart of my credit card statement each month. Every pie chart example shows 3 columns and about 5 rows of data. I can create a chart for something that simple but what I need is A chart showing the amounts and to what merchant that amount was spent at. Can someone point me in the direction where I can find something that would tell me how to do what I want? Thanks Ron ...

How do I print backgrounds on publisher 2003 with a deskjet print.
>-----Original Message----- > >. > Everything visible on the page should print. ...

How can I print the properties for PowerPoint files?
-- Sue If you posted this in the PowerPoint newsgroup, someone may be able to help you. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B50A8B7F-C8EC-4095-96B6-9147817D9907@microsoft.com... > > -- > Sue ...

Outlook won't break lines in received plain text e-mail
Hello. I'm using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP. I moved my .pst file from another Outlook 2000 on Win98. Plain text e-mails show no line breaks. I remember on the previous Outlook I modified a registry key so they would show correctly. Do you know how to fix this? Example: MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICE JET PROPULSION LABORATORY CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION PASADENA, CALIFORNIA 91109. TELEPHONE (818) 354-5011 http://jpl.convio.net/site/R?i=I- hdBIN6ChJO-3BCLCXxIg.. http://jpl.convio.net/site/R? i=QKroV09E4GFO-3BCLCXxIg.. Guy Webster (818) ...

Color Text in Charts
I want to have the data labels along the X axis be color coded. I have price data associated with sales efforts. My labels represent sales won (Green), sales lost (Red), sales still active (Black). I can put colored text in the worksheet cells, but that color does not follow through to the chart. It sounds silly, but without this I need to export the chart to Powerpoint and do almost twice as much work. Is there some way to that the text color follow through the chart creation process? -- Eric K In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions:- 1. Click on your Sales Won colu...

Help with 2007 Chart Layout
Hi, I can't figure out how to build the chart I'm hoping to create. I have data by: quarters, regions, $ and #. Q1 Americas $100 5 Q2 Americas $200 7 Q3 Americas $120 3 Q1 Asia $213 4 Q2 Asia $312 2 .... Q1 Europe ... Q2 Eroupe... .... I'd like to have on the X-axis: region, on the y-axis $ (columns) and a secondary axis # (line graph). What's throwing me is the quarters. X axis: America with 3 bar graphs side by side for Q1, Q2, Q3 then a new grouping of bar graphs side by side for Asia Q1, Q2, Q3. Can this be accomplished? I'd appreciat...

Need stacked chart help #2
can nobody help me please ???? -- wjviveen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wjviveen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278258 Hi, Have you had a look at these examples? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy wjviveen wrote: > can nobody help me please ???? > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Out of office assistant does not work from Outlook but ok from web email.
When I click on the Tools->Out of office assistant I get the following error. "The command is not available. See the program documentation about how to use this extension.". It works find if I use web mail. Any thoughts? Mike. ...