Chart display & printing

I have been creating some very detailed charts. When they
are opened on defferent computers, they display and print
totally different. This is by size of font, text boxes,
and total charts size. Even when you open it in a window
(not full screen) it is all squeezed together and
distorted. How do I "lock" this so it displays the same
for everyone.

Thanks! I hope

Rich

Creating a High-Low-Close chart with multiple series?
Hi Everyone, I’m trying to create a High-Low-Close stock chart with 2 data series. Right now, I can only get the chart to plot a single data series. I’ve spent some time playing with the chart options and doing some internet research but still I haven’t found any answers. My data looks something like this: Stock A Date High Low Close 6/30/2005 5 3 4 7/30/2005 10 6 8 8/30/2005 8 7 7.5 9/30/2005 9 2 5.5 10/30/2005 6 3 4.5 Stock B Date High Low Close 6/30/2005 50 30 40 7/30/2005 100 60 80 8/30/2005 80 70 75 9/30/2005 90 20 55 10/30/2005 60 30 45 Any thoughts? Thanks! ...

CTreeView not display tree in release mode
I wrote SDI application with CTreeView class. When I run my application under Control Visual Studio in Debug or Relase build Tree is displayed ok. When I run my application without Visual studio (Running from Windows) the Tree is not displayed (Viev is blank) Do somebody know it problem? lucck wrote: > I wrote SDI application with CTreeView class. When I run my application > under Control Visual Studio in Debug or Relase build Tree is displayed > ok. When I run my application without Visual studio (Running from > Windows) the Tree is not displayed (Viev is blank) Do somebody know...

Joining data points on a line chart
I have the following as an example set of data points to be plotted on either a line or scatter chart (doesn't matter which as I am having the same problem with both!) X Y1 Y2 1 2 1.8 2 4 3 6 4.5 4 8 5 10 9 6 12 I get a line drawn between the points for Y1, but because there is not a Y2 value for every point on the X-axis then I just get points and no line, despite a line being selected for in the options! Does anyone know how to get this line added on? Thanks In each empty cell enter =NA(); this will display as #N/A. The line on chart will be continuous. OR Click chart; use T...

How do I get a list button to be displayed?
I've Created a List but when the cell is not selected the button does not appear therefore it's dificult to remeber where the list is.... color code it? "Phil" wrote: > I've Created a List but when the cell is not selected the button does not > appear therefore it's dificult to remeber where the list is.... > > Yes tried that and of course I can then see where the list is but is there an option where u can select that the buttons remain in view ( a bit like filers...) thanks "Mike" wrote: > color code it? > > "Phil&q...

i want to print 70 work book and i dont want to open each n print

Print ascending number on multiple printed cpoies
I am using Excel to print labels on a Thermal label printer (a roll of labels). If I print out say 10 copies I want each label to print out in a certain cell the copy number starting from 1 on the first label to 10 on the tenth label. How can I do this? -- cbwood ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cbwood's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23735 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=374086 ...

Printing problem in Publisher 2003
I am trying to print a publisher document to an HP Designjet 750C+ plotter, but it only print the upper left portion of the document. Every publisher document I tried to print do the same thing. The application page is set to the standard 8x11 size and the output are set to ANSI E 34x44 in the printer settings. The documents print fine on Publisher 2003. I updated the printer driver and applied all Windows 2000 updates. Still doesn't work. Anyone knows how to solve this? Thanks, Angelo HP Designjet 600/700 Series Printers - Solving Problems with Plot Position http://h20000.www2.hp.com/...

macro for bubble chart
When I record the following code through macro recorder, then the bubble chart comes out fine. However, when I then try to rerun the same code then I get an error message: Run-time error '1004' Method 'ChartType' of object '_Chart' failed Any advice on why the xlBubble as chart type is not working? Sub Macro2() Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlBubble ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets ("Sheet2").Range("A2:C6"), PlotBy:= _ xlColumns ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="Sheet2" End S...

Unable to print HTML emails from Outlook
For some reason I cannot print html emails. I have to change the format to plain text and then print. When I try to print an html email, I get an unspecified error message. Has anyone had a similar problem or can someone help? -- Thanks, Jim Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For some reason I cannot print html emails. I have to change the > format to plain text and then print. When I try to print an html > email, I get an unspecified error message. Has anyone had a similar > problem or can someone help? Care to specify what version of Outlook? -- Bri...

Printing A3 size graphics from Publisher 98
I am unable to print A3 size graphics from Publisher 98 to an HP Laserjet 5000. This does not appear to be a printer problem for 2 reasons - according to HP, as I can print out the menu map, then there is no reason why the printer should not print at A3 size. When I transfer the graphics to Word 2000, then the page(s) print out normally. I have tried converting to BMP but the graphic becomes distorted on being copied and expanded to fit the page (it will only "stretch" in one direction) I have increased memory on the printer to 84MB in the hope this may solve the probl...

Automatically re-print all work with Windows Start-UP

how do i print single envelope with select contacts name
how do i print one envelope with a select contacts name and address from my outlook contacts? also, - how do i back up my contacts in outlook? - how do i import data from my palm address book into outlook? - when i go to my email address book, the names are listed in alphabetical order according to FIRST name not last. why? how do i change this? ...

Expanding y-axis in bar-chart
Hello I would be most grateful for advice on whether it is possible to magnify a fixed portion of the y-axis for a bar-chart and if so how to do this. Many thanks! ...

How to display function as value?
When I use a function such as Average, the result is displayed in the cell as "=AVERAGE(E3:E8)". How can I get the cell to display the value instead of the function. (In "Tools\Options\View", Formulas is not checked.) Excel 2003, SP3 Thanks, Don Culp Format the cell as general (or anything but text) In xl2003 menus: format|cells|number tab Then hit F2 and enter (to "update" the cell's formula). Don Culp wrote: > > When I use a function such as Average, the result is displayed in the cell > as "=AVERAGE(E3:E8)". How can I get the ce...

Printing large spreadsheets
In an association I'm with, one of the members created a spreadheet tha is perhaps 30 rows by 150 columns. It is colored with overlays, tes block inserts, the whole gamut. We need to know how to print it or export it so that we can print o maybe a 17x22 plot. We tried printing to multi pages and using old fashioned paste an tape, to go to Kinkos, but the pixels won't line up decent between th pages. Any suggestions on how to get a colored large sized print? Wer'r willing to have it commercially done if someone knows how. Thanks, Lostsou -- Message posted from http://www.Ex...

Printing zip codes that start with 0 #2
I formatted the cell for zip codes and in Excel 2003, the 0 shows up but when I try to mail merge into a Publisher document, it won't print the 0 in zip codes that start with 0. Please help ...

Cell display in 2007
After revising a formula in Excel 2007, the new number is presented overlaid on top of the previous number in the cell. If I minimize EXCEL and then then maximize, the cell data presents correctly. Formula, Calculation Options is set to Automatic. The size of the spreadsheet/file does not matter. I've only had EXCEL 2007 a few weeks and my PC is new. Our IT shop has changed PC's virtual memory to 5120-8192 with no improvement. There have been reports of a bug in a windows update for office 2007 November 10th Can cause "visual leaking" from one sheet to an...

How do I make a horizontal box & whiskers chart in Excel 2007
I need to make a horizontal box & whiskers chart. Most directions are for a vertical chart. I am using Excel 2007 Jon Peltier has a technique at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerH.html -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "dw" <dw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA22AEA-C925-43D1-B895-DC103B8039B0@microsoft.com... >I need to make a horizontal box & whiskers chart. Most directions are for >a > vertical chart. I am using Excel 2007 ...

CrmTranslations.xml
Hello, I've got an attribute (new_telephone), the attributename is Telephone (private), I've changed the display name in the Form to just "Telephone", and thats exactly what i want, the two names have to be different, when i open a company now, it shows me "Telephone" in the Form, but when i go to "Advanced Find" it shows me "Telephone (private)". Thats how I need it. The problem I've got now is that when i want to translate it into a different language, for example german, it just does not work. I've got 2 different entries in th...

Off Registration Printing
I am working a new installation of GP 10.0. We are having problems with our reports printing off-registration (reports shift left about 1/4 inch). Long story short, a custom report would work on only the printer it was designed on. Was told to update all printer drivers (Server Queues, Workstations, Terminal Server). Now all reports print of registration. I have tried most recent versions for PCL5, PCL6 and PS for our varied HP printer base. Anyone have a similare problem and did you get it fixed? ...

Create a "View" for Accounts that displays Primary Contact's email
Hi, Today I created a new Account View for one of our business units. The view displays a listing of the particular type of Account that the business unit serves. When I asked the business unit if that View helped them, I got a reply saying that the column for Account Email was good but they preferred a column for the Primary Contact's Email. It seems that out-of-the-box, I can't use the web front end to include a column for the Primary Contact's Email. I can (& I have) include a column for the Primary Contact which displays the Contact's name. Of course, unlike t...

exel printing
can i print two sheets on one page? How do I do it? If I do print two sheets on one page will the column widths, heights. formatting, etc be maintained? Hi Miker Here is one way http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Miker" <Miker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3363C53D-9936-423D-80D1-B1DA95BCDE1E@microsoft.com... > can i print two sheets on one page? How do I do it? If I do print two > sheets on one page will the column widths, heights. formatting, etc be > maintained? ...

Clustered bar chart
Hi - I posted a question last week that no-one has answered, either its impossible to do or I didn't phrase it properly! Re: Clustered bar chart I have monthly data ranges with 5 possible values, eg May has 5 sales figures, June has 5 sales figures, July 06 etc. When there are 5 non-zero values in one month the bars all touch each other and are clearly defined as being from that month. The bars represented are in a series order defined in the options. Where there are zero values in a month, the series order remains and a space appears between the bars. For example, if the data in J...

Excel Charts #9
I am trying to copy a chart from one workbook to another that are linked together. when I copy my chart and select paste in my other workbook I get the error "No more new fonts may be installed in this document". I am able to copy or move it into my other workbook, but must hit ok to this error about 15 times before it lets me proceed. What can I do to fix this? -- Sandi Gardner Hi - You're probably running into internal resource limitations in Excel. How complex is your source and target workbook? If you've got multiple charts in both you're going to run into t...

Save chart as .BMP instead of .GIF?
Can this be modified to save a .BMP instead of .GIF? Sub Save_ChartAsGif() Dim oCht As Chart Set oCht = ActiveChart 'ActiveSheet.Name On erRROR GoTo Err_Chart oCht.Export FileName:="D:\My Documents\_wip\Pic_" & ActiveSheet.Name & ".gif", Filtername:="gif" 'oCht.Export FileName:="C:\PopularICON.jpg", Filtername:="JPG" Err_Chart: If Err <> 0 Then Debug.Print Err.Description Err.Clear End If End Sub Hi, If you have xl2007 then .bmp is supported. Here is some more information about graphics filters. http://office.microsoft...