Chart data file lost - need to re-create from chart?

I have a chart created by an intern last year, the data to create the chart
was in a file stored in their temp files and is now lost. When I open that
chart file the chart still has data in it so I know the file has the data
stored somewhere in it. Has anyone ever had this issue, and were you able to
get the data back out of the chart?

Hi,

If the chart series now contains actual values rather than links to
ranges/cells you could try the following in order to recoup the data.

Select a series, it's formula should be displayed in the formula bar.
Something like this,
=SERIES("series A",{"a","b","c"},{1,2,3},1)

Some you could copy and paste the formula and then extract the values
into cells. Another way to get at the same information would be to use
the Source Data dialog.

If the chart contains many series then you can use some VBA code to
extract those values. If you need help with that post back.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

PST file locaion under Win7
Hi, Where does outlook 2007 keeps PST files under windows7? Apparently under Users/myname there is no folder AppData\Local... Thank you for your help. ...

Linking files 2 ways

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

New to excel