Chart automation with entry data

How can I make my chart automation when I enter new data ?  For example
I have a statistic process control chart with mean line at center and
upper/lower
lines.  I have to draw new chart every time I have new data.
  How can I make it automation updating the chart when I enter new data?
I know some software on the shelf but just like doing with excel so other
people in my group can see it
Thanks in advance
Daniel
danielqk@gmail.com
0
Daniel1 (174)

Jon Peltier provides links to a variety of resources via the link below:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicChartLinks.html

A search on "Dynamic Charting in Excel" or similar phrases should provide
many other examples.

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"Daniel" wrote:

> How can I make my chart automation when I enter new data ?  For example
> I have a statistic process control chart with mean line at center and
> upper/lower
> lines.  I have to draw new chart every time I have new data.
>   How can I make it automation updating the chart when I enter new data?
> I know some software on the shelf but just like doing with excel so other
> people in my group can see it
> Thanks in advance
> Daniel
> danielqk@gmail.com
Thanks John M.  I will try to do it and hopefully I can do what I want no
need programming such as VB. Daniel

"John Mansfield" wrote:

> Jon Peltier provides links to a variety of resources via the link below:
>
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicChartLinks.html
>
> A search on "Dynamic Charting in Excel" or similar phrases should provide
> many other examples.
>
> --
> John Mansfield
> http://cellmatrix.net
>

> "Daniel" wrote:
>
> > How can I make my chart automation when I enter new data ?  For example
> > I have a statistic process control chart with mean line at center and
> > upper/lower
> > lines.  I have to draw new chart every time I have new data.
> >   How can I make it automation updating the chart when I enter new data?
> > I know some software on the shelf but just like doing with excel so other
> > people in my group can see it
> > Thanks in advance
> > Daniel
> > danielqk@gmail.com
0
Daniel1 (174)
5/31/2007 6:38:01 PM
Daniel,

All of the basic examples should work without any programming.  Basically
you create named ranges via formula references and use these named ranges as
the source for your chart.

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"Daniel" wrote:

> Thanks John M.  I will try to do it and hopefully I can do what I want no
> need programming such as VB. Daniel
>
> "John Mansfield" wrote:
>
> > Jon Peltier provides links to a variety of resources via the link below:
> >
> > http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicChartLinks.html
> >
> > A search on "Dynamic Charting in Excel" or similar phrases should provide
> > many other examples.
> >
> > --
> > John Mansfield
> > http://cellmatrix.net
> >

> > "Daniel" wrote:
> >
> > > How can I make my chart automation when I enter new data ?  For example
> > > I have a statistic process control chart with mean line at center and
> > > upper/lower
> > > lines.  I have to draw new chart every time I have new data.
> > >   How can I make it automation updating the chart when I enter new data?
> > > I know some software on the shelf but just like doing with excel so other
> > > people in my group can see it
> > > Thanks in advance
> > > Daniel
> > > danielqk@gmail.com
Daniel:

I have a number of posts on dynamic charting as well as control chart
examples on my site. This link will get you to my interactive - dynamic
chart table of contents.

http://processtrends.com/TOC_dynamic_charts.htm

Let me know if you have a specific control chart question.

Kelly O'Day
http://processtrends.com

"Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I make my chart automation when I enter new data ?  For example
> I have a statistic process control chart with mean line at center and
> upper/lower
> lines.  I have to draw new chart every time I have new data.
>  How can I make it automation updating the chart when I enter new data?
> I know some software on the shelf but just like doing with excel so other
> people in my group can see it
> Thanks in advance
> Daniel
> danielqk@gmail.com

0
dkod (205)

Charting Stock Trendline #2
Anyone have any ideas? Is it not possible? thank -- pwinter ...

Change column color in chart when column value is over/under goal
No use of VBA or macros expected. It is believed to be Excel chart feature. Any ideas on how to change column colors (Red/Green) if value exceeds or meets the preset goal. Eg. if goal is 4% - anything at or above 4 should show green and under 4 should be red. Assuming your data is in A2:A20 B2: =IF(A2>=4,A2,NA()) C2: =IF(A2<4,A2,NA()) copy B2:C2 down, add some labels to B1:C1, then chart B1:C20. This will give you two series, one for the aboves, one for the rest. Select each data series, right click, choose format, and set the colour as required. -- --- HTH Bob (there's ...

Help on displaying recession periods in a financial/ stock chart
Using excel version (10.6501.6626)sp3 How do you shade the chart background to show economic recession periods in a financial/ stock chart. I've fiddled with the drawing function-rectangle box, transparency, etc- but it isn't very satisfactory since it corrupts the column/ line colors and usually washes out when printed. So that doesn't appear to be the solution. And after checking thru Microsoft help and the discussion group messages I haven't found a message addressing my problem. Since we see charts all the time with the recession periods shown I know there is a way to acco...

One Line of Data Per Page of Report
When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 page report with 1 entry per page. Is there an easy way to solve this probelm? We are not very familar with access and need this problem solved. Thanks! On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:07:03 -0800, Coutu <Coutu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data >per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 >page report with 1 entry per pag...

Posting new data to PM & RM before year-end or fiscal period close
Hi GP Users, If I have already posted some new data before closing the old financial year, what are the possible problems that may happen when I close it? Any solutions to that? Thanks Andrew ...

2-D charting with multiple rows
I have a power user who wishes to increase the size of his 2-D graphics but is limited to using 32000 records. He needs to be able to use 64,000 records. Any suggestions? I think this might be something that is changed in regedit but I am not sure. Thanks! Yep, and you can bypass the 256 column limit with Windows API calls. Joking aside, how about two series, formatted identically. If you have duplicate entries in the legend, select the legend, then select the text of one entry, and press the Delete key. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorial...

Why would the same chart appear different to two users?
I created a chart in 2007 Excel which looks fine. I sent the file to a co-worker and when she opens it the chart has all of the data pushed into the left half of the chart with the right side blank. Chart is using a primary and secondard vertical axis. I can provide screenshots of what I see and what she sees if that helps. ...

Grouping & Moving Data
I have a spreadsheet with data in the following format on sheet1: Col A col B 1 pos 2 pos 3 pos 4 neg 5 pos 6 neg 7 pos 8 neg 9 pos etc etc - possibly upto 1000+ rows Each group of 3 are results of different tests on the same sample. (In reality there are currently12 different results for each sample) I need to convert this on to sheet 2 to read as follows: A B C D etc 1 pos pos pos 2 neg pos neg 3 pos neg pos etc etc Any ideas how to do this ? Thanks Joh -- Message posted from http://www.Ex...

Can't create dynamic charts
OK, here is my problem....I am trying to create a dynamic x-bar chart and a dynamic moving range chart. I am using the StatPlus add-in and can't get this to work. I have been to probably 30 websites about dynamic charting and have found nothing that applies to either of these charts. I think part of the problem is that I have to create dynamic range names for the data. However, when I try all the different methods of doing this that I've found I am getting a #value error in the cell. This is basically what I want in my chart( of course this is an example, you wouldnt believe the...

Refresh data in the quick journal transaction grid
Hi, I have a requirement to allow user to enter and save amounts in the quick journal setup screen. This is also required to update the amounts as soon as the user selects quick journal setup in the quick journal transaction screen. I have successfully updated the amounts in the database as soon as the user select the quick journal. But the transaction grid is not refreshing automatically. It refresh (get the updated amount from the database) only when I click any row in the grid. Can any body tell me how can I automatically refresh the grid as soon as I updates the amounts in the database. ...

Combination Stacked Bar with Single Bar Chart
Greeting Excel Pros, I would like to create a stacked bar chart with a single bar. My spreatsheet layout is below: Col A Col B Col C.......ColU Line #1 Sept 06 Oct 06......Nov 06.....Apr 08 2 Orig 10 5 15 20 3 ADD 1 Data Begins Feb 07 4 Mar Data Begins Mar 07 5 Add 2 Data Begins Feb 07 6 Jun Data Begins Jun 07 7 Add 3 Data Begins F...

changing the axis fonts of charts
Hello all! Can anyone help write a macro that would change the size o charts' axis fonts, based on the charts that I select? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried recording one when you did it manually? If you can't generalize it, post the code that you came up with and I bet you get a better response. "cdegar01 <" wrote: > > Hello all! Can anyone help write a macro that would change the size of > charts' axis fonts, based on the charts that I select? > > Thanks! > > --- > Message posted from http://ww...

Highlight Data Points that change in Graph
Hi all Is it possible to highlight data points that change slope in Excel 2003 and if so how. Richard ...

Subreport Data Listing Twice for Each Report Record
On a report & subreport pair, the subreport data is listing out twice, and I can't seem to sort out why. Any suggestions appreciated. -- Thanks, tbl tbl wrote: >On a report & subreport pair, the subreport data is listing >out twice, and I can't seem to sort out why. Does the subreport diplay two records? If so, the problem is that your main report's record source query has a Join to the subreport's data source. -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] in article bq9q83pdvsepjusn44j91g84rpveu5a9bk@4ax.com, Marshall Barton at marshbarton@wowway.com wrote on 7/5/07 1:18 PM...

Reference last entry in column
In Excel 2002, I need a way to reference the last entry in a column of data that has data added to it on a regular basis. Is there a way to do this that is fairly simple? I am trying to make a checkbook register in excel and I want to have the current balance shown in one place at the top so that when the list of entries gets long the user doesn't have to scroll to the bottom to see the current balance. I also want to have it show on a different sheet where the current balances for different accounts can all be seen one one page. Any help would be appreciated. Hi see: http://www.xl...

Excel Hyperlink on Chart
Hello, Is there a way to "drill down" to data from an Excel chart? For example, select the series and have it hyerlinked to a table containing the data? Thanks. Bill Hi AFAIK not possible (or at least not without a huge amount of vBA code) >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >Is there a way to "drill down" to data from an Excel chart? For example, >select the series and have it hyerlinked to a table containing the data? > >Thanks. > >Bill > > >. > ...

Data format in pivot table
I am running a Pivot table on some swim data. Even though the data is formatted the same way "mm:ss.00", the fraction of the second is not showing up or is not part of the numbers in the Pivot table. Pivot table data Back 25 Breast 25 Fly 25 00:31.00 00:27.00 00:28.00 00:31.00 00:33.00 00:31.00 00:36.00 00:31.00 00:27.00 00:28.00 00:23.00 00:25.00 00:24.00 Data the Pivot table is based on 7 CMSA-SE 00:21.87 00:21.49 6 BMAC-SE 00:22.95 00:21.91 7 BMAC-SE 00:23.13 00:22.16 6 BMAC-SE 00:27.97 00:22.63 8 BMAC-SE 00:21.07 00:22.70 7 UN-SE 00:00.00 00:22.94 6 CMSA-SE 00:26.36 00...

How do I make a to do chart for every day of the week?
How do I make a to do chart for every day of the week? I know what a 'to do' list means but what does a 'to do chart' mean? Is it for assigning tasks to individuals on a rotating basis (like chores for the family)? What is the context for one? What do you expect to see on it? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <70B3488F-D17B-4182-9E30-7A766472E875@microsoft.com>, kayleigh@discussions.microsoft.com says... > How do I make a to do chart for every day of ...

Updating a chart, within a workspace
I keep a daily log of a particular price, plus its moving average. I use an Excel spreadsheet for this. Under a separate tab, I have set up a Chart, that visually tracks both the daily log of price, and the moving average. I need a simple method for updating the chart. So far, the only method I can find that works is to "Clear" [delete] each plot on the chart, and then use "Copy, Paste" to achieve an updated Chart plot of the two parameters. This is laborious, since I have to re-do my color and line preferences each time. There must surely be a more elegant m...

lost data....lost person! #3
I'll try to keep it simple....I have Windows XP Home Edition...and The Office 2000 suite....I was useing the Excel 2000 program and forgot to save the data, however, I DID NOT close the program. The data I had put in was gone when I went back to do some more entries and save and close the workbook. When I tried undo in the edit menu it said that I Couldn't undo and only after switching from sheet to sheet did it finally show that I could do one undo but it was on a seperate sheet than the one that I had showing when the option was available and I believe that it was informat...

Filter data into separate worksheet
I'm in the process of trying to make a spreadsheet for work but I'm just clueless... excel is not my area of expertise! :) The original spreadsheet has 10 columns with various pieces of information... column D is what is important to me... column D has 5 choices for "reasons"... I want the main tab to remain untouched but in the other 5 tabs of the spreadsheet, I want the different "choices" to then filter into the other tabs... For example - the choices include "Coverage" "Equipment" "Customer Service", etc... I want the tab entitled...

Chart Bars
How to create intersectionso if the hight of bar crosses that line the color of the bar should from that point. From Level 0 - 2:- RED Color From Level 2 - 4:- Green color From Level 4 - 6:- Blue color Hi, You will need to use 3 series to build the stack. Simplest way is to use a cluster chart, setting the overlap value to 100, with data base on formula. If you have the following data in A2:B9 A2: =<leave empty> B2: =SeriesName A3: =A B3: =0 A4: =B B4: =1 A5: =C B5: =2 A6: =D B6: =3 A7: =E B7 =4 A8: =F B8: =5 A9: =G B9: =6 You can then create the following ...

Sorting in Pivot Charts
I'm using Access 2003 & am trying to sort in a Pivot Chart. I have a single series & I'm trying to sort by the qty of that series. Thanks much in advance, M.C. ...

Two charttype on chart
Hi, I have export the data to excel from Vb, then add the graph in excel and set my secondary axis as.. ..SeriesCollection(4).AxisGroup = xlSecondary then how we set this group only as chatrtype as xlLine and the primary axis values by Column charttype -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Hi, Try this, ..SeriesCollection(4).AxisGroup = xlSecondary ..SeriesCollection(4).ChartType = xlLine Cheers Andy shah firdaous via OfficeKB.com wrote: > Hi, I have export the data to excel from Vb, then add the graph in excel > and set my secondary axis as.. > .SeriesCollection(4).Axi...

How do I sort data in column B to align with data in column A?
Im fairly green to Excel but what I am after is I want to be able to sort a range of codes in Column B to basically move and realign to the same row as the data that is in Colmn A eg Start Column A Column B R F G B B H H R F G Finish Column A Column B R R G G B B H H F F Piece a cake. Delete columm B, then copy column A and paste into Column B "Jephri1" wrote: > Im fairly green to Excel but what I am after is I...