Chart Animated Sine Wave

J-walk's excel 2000 vba book comes with an animation file that uses
interations to produce a fluccuating sine wave.  Why is it that if I
copy the exact same sheet to a new workbook and copy the associated
macro to that new workbook, the animation does not work properly.  If
you have not seen this (or the book) and need more details, let me
know.

I am trying to understand this better and it thoroughly confused me.  I
can have both workbooks open (j-walks and the new book) with access to
his macro and the one I duplicated from his.  Using the new workbook I
cannot get either macro to animate the graph.  Using his workbook, I
can get both macros to animate it.

I have tried turning on iterations, but that did not make a difference.
When I run the macros it recalculates all of the chart source data, but
the chart does not change.

What am i doing wrong??

--
TEAM
TEAM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22810

I have narrowed the problem down, I think.  I created a new chart righ
next to the chart that animates.  I made both charts the same type, bu
still only the original chart is dynamic with the data.  The newl
created chart references the same data and changes if the data i
changed manually, BUT it does not change when the macro changes dat
rapidly.  I must be missing a chart setting or refresh rate.  An
ideas??  Both of these charts are in the same sheet.  One works t
animate and the other does not

--
TEA
TEAM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2281
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39345

Create a combo chart with two of the same chart types
I'd like to create a combo chart to compare "plan" and "actual" figures over several years. I'd like to use 3-D Columns, but I'd like to indicate the components within each plan and actual figure, in a stacked 3-D column. I think what I'd like is a combo chart, with one 3-D column chart for plans figures, and a second 3-D column chart for actuals. Can I create a combo chart where both chart are the same chart type? > I'd like to create a combo chart to compare "plan" and "actual" figures over > several years. I'...

Excel Charts
I am trying to create an Excel line chart with the X-axis being dates. Excel insists on showing every day in the sequence along the axis, and I want to show only the dates for which I have data. This chart covers one year and I don't want 365 date points on the X-axis, only the 59 entries of dates of significance. Please help~ You have a time scale axis. To change it: 1 Right click on chart; select Chart options 2 Open the Axes tab 3 For Category X-axis, select Category rather than Automatic or Time-scale best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps fro...

How do I alter the value of a data point in a chart series
How do I alter the value of a data point in a chart series You can change the value in the cell that the point represents. In Excel 2003 and earlier, you can select the point (single click to select the series, then single click again to select the point), then when the cursor turns into a double or quadruple arrow, click on the point and drag it. This capability was removed from Excel 2007. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "IanU" <IanU@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Plotting a chart #2
Hello, I posted this question on 1/8/09, but can't find it, and haven't received a response, so, now I'm wondering it I ever actually sent it, or possibly posted it to the wrong group... I have a user who sent me this request: "Can you think of any way to draw the following kind of graph? Horizontal axis = X, vertical axis = Y. I want to plot 20 nations by X and Y. Each nation is plotted for two years, 1980 and 2005. Thus there would be 40 points on the graph, two for each nations (one for 1980, the other for 2005). I’d like the graph to show an arrow for each nat...

how do i unlock a chart
i am working with workbooks that i unprotect to modify but some of the charts seem to still be locked after unlocking sheet Bob - Check the sheet protection. Then check some chart protection modes you can only get to in vba: ActiveChart.ProtectionMode, .ProtectSelection, .ProtectData, ..ProtectContents, .ProtectFormatting - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ bob wrote: > i am working with workbooks that i unprotect to modify but some of the > charts seem to still be locked after unlocking sheet >...

Investments Price History Chart
First, let me say since I have complained about some things in Money lately that I have found something they really did well. I wasn't really sure where my 401K contributions were going when I withheld them in my Paycheck setup. I finally got around to setting up my 401K account correctly and thanks to the umpfaq, I got my employer contributions setup correctly. The investment side of things is very nice. Easy to use and great to track my retirement account. One tip I have discovered. My plan is through Vanguard and their online transaction history only shows 3 decimal places...

Problem with Excel objects being blurry after custom animation
Hello, I have a problem with pasting for example sections of an Excel worksheet into a PowerPoint slide. The problem is not with the pasting itself, but rather with subsequently adding custom transitions to the pasted section. When I add a transition to the object, such as =93fly in,=94 then either the whole picture, or sections of it (such as the top row) become visibly thicker or blurry, almost as if the font was bold. When I preview the transition, this goes away after the preview ends. However, this effect remains in the presentation mode. As a result, the slides with especially...

Dynamic Charts
I have an array of DEM (Digital Elevation Map) data. Rows are Latitudes, Columns Longitudes. I have created a graph (Area) that plots the elevation across Longitudes (Column) for a given range of Latitude (Lines). Nice graph! I would like the plot to update automatically when I glide the cursor down the first column (Latitude), i.e. when I move the cursor down the range. Cursor movement would be by KBoard not mouse. Thanks, Pierre Pierre - I did this as a dynamic chart, with a worksheet event procedure to update the ranges when the activecell changed. I assumed the data was in a rectangu...

Cannot creat chart in Access 2007
I am trying to create a chart from the following table :- Year Cum Tot Yr Tot 1991 725.90 725.90 1992 184.70 184.70 1993 1106.40 1106.40 1994 270.70 270.70 1995 481.20 481.20 1996 1002.90 1037.00 1997 1233.60 1272.30 1998 1196.20 1196.20 1999 984.90 1007.60 2000 1305.90 1371.70 2001 1349.58 1402.60 2002 1266.62 1317.65 2003 1170.95 1248.71 2004 1189.50 1240.18 2005 1142.01 1209.97 2006 1641.25 1737.57 2007 1341.18 1341.18 Using the Chart Wizard I select all three fields then accept the default ch...

Adding Animation to a Chart
Ok, this is an odd one. I've been asked to look into the possibility of adding animation to chart. Specifically, we've got a standard line graph and want to add "stoplight" that lights up "green" if the data is a certain value "yellow" if the data is a certain value and "red" if the data is certain value. I guess the idea is that someone will then be able t quickly look at the stoplight to get a quick read on the data value. Personally, I don't know why its so hard to just look at the graph t get the information but I only do what I'...

Not plotting data points in a line chart
I am tracking the weekly data for four series in a line chart. At the end of the month I do an average column for each series. At the beginning of each month I start a new chart with each days result for the new month. What I'd like to do is show the previous months averages (for each series) column in the data table but not have it plot on the line chart. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks for your help and advice in advance. -- Misanthrope Hi, If you want the series figures in the data table but not the chart then you just need to format the series to have no border or marker. The...

Set up Supply and Demand chart with equilibrium price?
I would like to set up a supply and demand chart with the equilibrium price automatically calculated and the point set in the chart, plus the lines for all the shifts in supply or demand. Thank ou. Drawing Supply and Demand curves in Excel http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/supply_and_demand/ On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 14:04:01 -0700, Edin <Edin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to set up a supply and demand chart with the equilibrium price >automatically calculated and the point set in the chart, plus the lines for >all the shifts in supply or demand. Than...

chart line color
Excel chart trendlines/regressions, equations and r-squared values should default to the same color as the plotted points (especially useful when multiple regressions are plotted) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/communit...

Alternate axis at top of chart
i have a number of X-Y scatter plots where I need to have either only an alternate abscissa axis at top of chart or alternate ordinate on right and abscissa on top. I can easily do the alternate ordinate but can't find a way to do the alternate abscissa. How do I do it. the only option I see at moment is to redraw graphs in Visio and then add the axises. I prefer to use Excel XP but can use 07 if need be. Thanks in advance for any suggestions! What you need are secondary axes, and you need multiple series in order to get secondary axes. Right click one of the series, choose Forma...

Is this bug in Excel 2007 charts?
This is a problem with "dynamic charts" that occurs in Excel 2007 but not in Excel 2003. Create a SS in Excel 2007 with two worksheets. On the first sheet, enter a column of data (a few rows' worth is enough). On the other sheet, define a single-cell named range "years". Now go back to the first sheet, and define a named range calling it, say, "data" as =OFFSET($B$5,0,0,years,1) (where $B$5 is the first cell of data entered, of course). Now create a "dynamic" column chart from that data range by creating a chart from the column of data then c...

Gridlines on Area/Stacked Area charts
I'm trying to see the gridlines on an Stacked Area chart. I understand that transparency isn't supported, though visible and greyed out. Is there another way to have above a series be red and below be green and show the vertical and horizontal gridlines? TIA Add gridlines using this technique: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryGridlines.html Since these gridlines are really error bars, they are drawn in front of area chart series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ ___...

Muliple Charts from one Pivot Table #2
Debra, many thanks for that but I was looking for a more automated way. Ther are over 600 stores. Is there a vb code way in doing this? Best regards Ton -- TJonesEs ----------------------------------------------------------------------- TJonesEsq's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1532 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26951 If you want to print a copy of the chart for each store, you could use code similar to the following: Sub PrintPivotCharts() 'prints a chart for each item in the page field Dim pt A...

Why is the chart data wrong when I hover over it in Excel 2007?
In Excel 2007, the line and scatter charts do not display the correct x,y values when the cursor is hovered over a data point. Excel 2003 displayed the correct x,y values. Is there a way to correct this problem in the 2007 version? spearl - "Hover" values are correct for me for both Line and XY Scatter chart types in Excel 2007 SP2. To check for SP2, choose Office Button | Excel Options | Resources | About .... If it's not SP2, to get the updates, choose Office Button | Excel Options | Resources | Check for Updates - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "NonTe...

Category axis label problem at column chart
Dear experts! I have a column chart. Category axis labels are either time ("hh:mm") or empty ("") cells. If first value in the label range is time, e.g. ("13:00"; ""; "14:00"; ""), everything is fine, in the opposite case, e.g. (""; "13:00"; ""; "14:00"), labels are not displayed. It seems that the chart calculate required space for labels according to the first value in the label range. Is there any way to solve this problem, so labels will be displayed regardless of the fact if first...

Creating a chart using a cell as the range reference
Hi. I have set up a macro where you can type in the name and title of th chart in a cell, and the range, run the macro and it creates th chart. Trouble is that taking the name from a cell is easy: .ChartTitle.Characters.Text = Sheets("Sheetname").Range("Y26") But I cannot do this for a range: ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Tables").Range("Y25") PlotBy:= _ xlRows The Range in this formula should point to a variable (for instanc A1:A10) and I want to be able to type that range into the cell (in thi case Y25). Is there a way to define a var...

Bar chart by division, department, region date
Hi. I'm very new to charting and hope you can steer me in the correct direction. I want to look at trends over a rolling 12 month, for a business unit that has many departments that each have regions. Dept 1: reg A (2 issues this month), reg B (3 issues this month), reg C (1 issue this month) Dept 2: reg A (3 issues this month), reg B (0 issues this month) Can this all be plotted in one bar graph? What would my spreadsheet need to look like and would a regular bar graph work? Stephanie, Thisis what I came up with: Cell A1 type "Dept 1", Cell C1 type "Dept 2" C...

Don't print months on x-axis on pivot chart
My data is by month for 11 years - how can I tell pivot chart not to show the month names on the x-axis? I'd like to show the years with small tick marks for the months. -- Thanks! Cornelia ...

Is there a fish-bone chart available anywhere?
Trying to create a fish-bone in Excel. I Goggled with: <Fishbone chart excel> and got 21,600 hits This one http://www.qualityspctools.com/cause.html has a link to an XLS file (look near the end of the doc) This one http://www.spcforexcel.com/software.htm will sell you an addin for $149 A search with <Ishikawa Diagram Excel> yielded even more hits. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Sodajerk" <Sodajerk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C79A44EE-3538-4EA6-8D5B-61D326D9FFE7@micr...

How can I create a combination stacked & cluster column chart?
I am trying to create a clustered column chart. However unlike a standard clustered column chart I want one (and only one) of the columns to be a stacked column made up of two data sources. The other two columns would be standard columns made up from just one data source. Is this possible? You can get this effect through staggering of the data, as described in the links on this page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions - http://PeltierTech.com/ 2006 Excel...

Chart data source #3
I need my chart to be blank between 2 points but the data source it takes from contains the following formula =IF(H14=0,"0",1780/H14) even if I change it to =IF(H14=0,"",1780/H14) It still has the same effect unless the cell is cleared using the delete button. This I dont want to have to do because the person entering the information I have asked not to delete formulas Thanks Rob Try =IF(H14=0,ISNA(),1780/H14) Depends on what kind of chart chart though? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP...