Changing line appearance for future values

Using Excel 2007. Is it possible to change the appearance of a line in a
chart for values in the future (like projections)? I would like to go from
solid to dashed and keep the same color and weight.

Either you format line pieces individually (manual work).

Either you use 2 series to plot in the chart. Use IF functions to see on
which series a given value should be shown. Use NA() for values that should
not be plotted.

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"RhysPieces" wrote:

> Using Excel 2007. Is it possible to change the appearance of a line in a
> chart for values in the future (like projections)? I would like to go from
> solid to dashed and keep the same color and weight.
0
Wigi (97)
7/26/2008 9:51:01 AM
Hi,

You should just be able to add two trendlines for the same data points.
Add the first, extending it so many units into the future, and apply the
colour and dashed style.
Add another, but dont extend it into the future, and apply the same colour
but solid line style.

Dave

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10296496.aspx
0
djc (61)
7/28/2008 7:08:31 AM
The first suggestion seems to imply one can select individual segments on a
line (e.g. a month) and format it manually. From what I see in Excel,
formatting is applied to the whole liine. How is it possible to select line
segments?
Also, I tried the second series idea but it is inserted in the chart at the
beginning of the year rather than at the beginnng month for the new series.
What causes that?

"RhysPieces" wrote:

> Using Excel 2007. Is it possible to change the appearance of a line in a
> chart for values in the future (like projections)? I would like to go from
> solid to dashed and keep the same color and weight.
Click twice on the relevant data point, firstly to select the data series,
but then secondly to select the data point, to enable Format Data Point
instead of Format Data Series.
--
David Biddulph

"RhysPieces" <RhysPieces@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The first suggestion seems to imply one can select individual segments on
> line (e.g. a month) and format it manually. From what I see in Excel,
> formatting is applied to the whole liine. How is it possible to select
> line
> segments?
> Also, I tried the second series idea but it is inserted in the chart at
> the
> beginning of the year rather than at the beginnng month for the new
> series.
> What causes that?
>
> "RhysPieces" wrote:
>
>> Using Excel 2007. Is it possible to change the appearance of a line in a
>> chart for values in the future (like projections)? I would like to go
>> from
>> solid to dashed and keep the same color and weight.

0
David
7/28/2008 6:52:13 PM
Thank you for the directions. After clicking once to select the line I moved
the mouse pointer between two markers and right-clicked to bring up the menu
that lets you format a point instead of the whole series.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

> Click twice on the relevant data point, firstly to select the data series,
> but then secondly to select the data point, to enable Format Data Point
> instead of Format Data Series.
> --
> David Biddulph
>
> "RhysPieces" <RhysPieces@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The first suggestion seems to imply one can select individual segments on
> > line (e.g. a month) and format it manually. From what I see in Excel,
> > formatting is applied to the whole liine. How is it possible to select
> > line
> > segments?
> > Also, I tried the second series idea but it is inserted in the chart at
> > the
> > beginning of the year rather than at the beginnng month for the new
> > series.
> > What causes that?
> >
> > "RhysPieces" wrote:
> >
> >> Using Excel 2007. Is it possible to change the appearance of a line in a
> >> chart for values in the future (like projections)? I would like to go
> >> from
> >> solid to dashed and keep the same color and weight.

Why XP style not appeared?
I write a IE Band ( A DLL. )like googlebar. I set the RT_MANIFEST and rewrite the resource ID = 2. #define IDR_RT_MANIFEST1 2 Why XP style not appeared? but googlebar has. // this is my stdafx.h #ifndef WINVER // #define WINVER 0x0400 // #endif #ifndef _WIN32_WINNT // #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0400 // #endif #ifndef _WIN32_WINDOWS // #define _WIN32_WINDOWS 0x0410 #endif #ifndef _WIN32_IE // #define _WIN32_IE 0x0501 // #endif build environment: VS2003 + XP SP2 + IE6 thanks ! ...

rounding up values
Has anyone done round up of values to the nearest dollar.For example I want to give a 10% of the price to my customers but if the result is other than .00 then I wanted to round up to the nearest dollar amount.My calculation using sql has been price * percent and then subtract the value from the price, then what do I need to do to roundit up??Thanks for your suggestion.Also I have a problem with my customers that I am extracting and the query does return all the values from 2004 and 2006 that are equal except for the price I have given them, how do I get only the latest ones in 2006 and not th...

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

Changing Prices in HQ.
Hi, I have this little issue. I want to change the put items on promotion using the price wizard using HQ. Unfortunately if I have stores who has differents prices for a same item the wizard do not make the proper change becuase it use the price already stored in the master table. Does anyone saw this issue before? Who was solved?. Thks in advance for your help. Rgds Rodrigo Hi there, The easiest way to look after this is to not change any data on the ITEM in HQ, but to simply do the worksheet for altering the sale price and then send it to the respective stores. Then in the works...

Saving toolbar changes

Changing query execution sequence

line chart with NA() values

Multivalue with Null value SSRS 2005
I have a query to populate a multivalue parameter: SELECT distinct cast(AGRPYear.value as varchar(4)) + AGRPMonth.value 'ReportDate' FROM TPROJECT AS TPROJECT One of the values that is returned from this query is NULL. However, when I run the report, the NULL value does not show in the dropdown. I've also tried adding "select NULL as 'ReportDate' union" to the above query and the null value still doesn't show. As a result some of the records in my database have a null value for this field, they will never show up on my report. Any id...

Automatic changes in cells

how to run onhand value report
I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:36:01 -0800, junebugg <junebugg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature You'll have to give us some more context than that, junebugg. What's the "onhand value report"? What's the "zoom feature"? You can see your database; we cannot! -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Increasing and decreasing values
Using column chart type I want to display increasing values and then decreasing values (not negative). For example 10,20,25 top value 55, then I want to show from 55 decrasing amount 10,35,10 (back to 0 starting point). Is it possible Put the numbers into the worksheet. A row or a column, whatever you like. If each number has a corresponding category label, put them in the row or column before the data. Select the data (one or two rows/columns), and run the Chart Wizard (the icon like a column chart, or Insert menu > Chart). Choose the Column chart type, and click through the rest o...

mysession & deleting a line item on the pos screen
I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. So I have tried to do a myssion.transaction.entries(1).Delete and other sorts of things. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for any help on this. Hi, Use code like this: For Each item In mysession.Transaction.entries If FindItem(item.item.id, item.quantity, item.item.description) Then mysession.Transaction.entries.remove(item) End If Next "ClothingStore" wrote: > I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. ...

Zero to appear as blank
I have a VLOOKUP formula below. When the value is zero, I want the result to be blank. What do I do. =IF(A10="","",VLOOKUP(A10,detail,2)) Thnx Prakash..... =if(a10="","",if(vlookup(a10,detail,2)=0,"",vlookup(a10,detail,2))) Prakash wrote: > > I have a VLOOKUP formula below. When the value is zero, I want the result to be blank. What do I do. > > =IF(A10="","",VLOOKUP(A10,detail,2)) > > Thnx > Prakash..... -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com In addition to modifying your formula as Dave suggeste...

How to change a background color with Publisher
How can I click on to a background color and change that background color to another color using Publisher? Ron Williams wrote: > How can I click on to a background color and change that background > color to another color using Publisher? ====================== Try these steps... Double left click the color you want to change and a Format screen should open that has a drop window with color choices. -- J. Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work fo...