Changing color of a single gridline on a chart

I need to change the color of a single grid line on a
chart. This is currently not allowed (at least I am not
able to). When you change color all the grid lines take
the same color. I need to change the color of a single
grid line. Please help if you know the answer.
0
aahm461 (1)

You can't colour one gridline, but Jon Peltier has instructions for
adding a horizontal line to a chart:

   http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd (439)

Why don't my MS Access Charts Take?
I have created a query, and a blank report. I add a chart, and select the query as data source, using six fields and fill out the rest. BUT, when I go to look at my graph, it DOESN'T pick up the data. I only goes back to showing the 1st Quarter, 2nd Quarter, 3rd Quarter, default data! (and not my own...) Any tips? On Feb 26, 10:56=A0am, Zoomiest <zoomi...@gmail.com> wrote: > it DOESN'T pick up the data... > Any tips? I found my own problem... My Query had parameter values it was pulling off of the Form (combo boxes). I needed to remove them before I ...

Change Contract Status
Hello, My CRM implementation does not change automatically the Contract Status from Active to Expired or from Invoiced to Active when the Contract End Date or, respectively, the Contract Start Date comes. This was happening also in the 1.2 version and now the same happens in 3.0 version. Any ideas? Thank you, Elena ...

How to change cell shading/fill based on value in another cell?
I have a sheet with two columns of experimental data. Let's say the data is in F10:F25 (column 1) & G10:G25 (column 2). There is a value in another cell (A1) that contains a 1 or a 2. If A1=1, I want to turn shading in column 1 agree and in column 2 off. If A1=2, I want to reverse that. If there a worksheet function that will do that? I was hoping for something like: =cellshading(range,color) I could then execute one of these two statements: If A1=1 then cellshading(F10:F25,"Green") cellshading(G10:G25,"None") Else cellshading(G10:G25,"Green&...

font color not displayed
When selecting text to display in another color, it still displays in black on my monitor. I have looked at my emails on the recipient's monitor, and the color DOES display - just never on mine. ...

Outlook 2003 Font Changes When Replying Plain Text
Outlook 2003 is exhibiting a strange behavior when replying to plain text messages. After clicking the "Reply" button, the message appears in the Arial font. In about two to three minutes, the font suddenly changes to Courier which is the correct font. Why is it taking so long for the font to change? Steve Lockridge steve@websitewarehouse.com ...

Create a Line Chart
I am having great difficulty trying to create a line chart in Access 2007. I have a report with the following fields: Staff_Component 1QTR 2QTR 3QTR 4QTR Operations 10 28 45 33 Can someone please explain to me how I can create a line chart? Thanks and Happy Holidays! *Glen* The report fields don't mean anything. You can generally add a chart control to your report and use the wizard to set up your chart properties. I expect you will need to update the Row Source property since the wizard often clobbers it. T...

Charting software: what does The Economist use?
Any clue of what software the people at The Economist uses to create charts? I=92m wondering whether there is some software out there better than MS Excel that would give better control without the onerous workarounds. You can do pretty well with Excel, and the "onerous" workarounds aren't too bad once you've become familiar with them. They are generally a bit more onerous in 2007. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/30/magazine-quality-chart-economist/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - ...

Layering Chart Types
I would like to layer a line graph on a second y axis on top of a "stacked column" graph with 3 data series in it. Anyone know how to do this? Create a stacked column chart with all 4 series in it. Then, select the series you want to become a line. Go to Chart, Chart type, and pick a line series. Then, again selecting the same series, right-click, format, axis, move to secondary axis -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Jeff" wrote: > I would like to layer a line graph on a second y axis on top of a "stacke...

How keep chart-datapoints displayed when column-width is set to zero
Hello there, my data basis for a chart has one column, that I don't want to be shown in the spreadsheet. However, when I set this column's width to zero, the correspondig data dissapear from the chart. How can I have both, a hidden column and its values shown in the chart at the same time ? Kind regards, H.G. Lamy H.G. - Select the chart, then select Options from the Tools menu, click on the Chart tab, and UNcheck the Plot Visible Cells Only checkbox. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ hglamy wrote: &...

Pivot Charts Display Filter Box
I would like to have the filter box displayed on my pivot chart. My 2003 pivot charts no longer display the drop down box, how do I get it back? ...

charting a single bar graph on one line showing continuous info
I must do a time graph showing total workhours with tick marks showing begin and end of tours on a dialy basis. I cannot get the custom or standard chart graph functions to do this without putting in all of the data. I just want the begin tour and end tour of each person. can you help. thx debi ...

how can you change a "bitmap" to a jpeg??
After taking digital pictures in BITMAP, how can I change them to JPEGS? "TRM" <TRM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5C091D7-377B-4F2F-A7BF-84794BC84F38@microsoft.com... > After taking digital pictures in BITMAP, how can I change them to > JPEGS? Get XnView or IrfanView. Both are free. Then use Save As and select the format. -- _________________________________________________________________ ******** Post replies to newsgroup - Share with others ******** Email: lh_811newsATyahooDOTcom and append "=NEWS=" to Subject. _________________...

sbs 2008 under Updates, "change the software update settings" crashes console
Running SBS 2008 SP2, fresh install with just a couple users, I noticed that under Security, Updates, in the Tasks window there is a "Change the software update settings". When I click this link, the "Software Update Settings" window appears for a split second then the SBS Console crashes saying "Windows SBS 2008 Console has stopped working" with these details: Description: Stopped working Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01: console.exe Problem Signature 02: 6.0.5601.8497 Problem Signature 03: 4a612b8b...

Color for chart series auto-assigned after 56?
Using Excel 2000, I am having a color issue with charts that exceed 5 series. Below is some sample VBA to reproduce the issue. The cod creates a bar chart with 60 series. The RGB color I have chosen i white (255, 255, 255). You will notice that beginning with series 57 the color of the columns no longer gets assigned the color that I want Excel starts auto-assigning colors at this point. I have reproduce this faithfully 100% of the time. Has anyone seen this before? I there a programatic workaround so that I don't have to manually chang the colors after the fact? Thanks- Craig Sub ...

is there a way to make the bars on a bar chart narrower?
help anyone? -- mcarrington ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mcarrington's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21641 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498513 Hi mcarrington, Have you tried right clicking a bar then Format Data Series then change the Gap width? Ken Johnson Hi mcarrington, sorry, I left out one step... Right click a bar>Format Data Series>Options>change Gap Width. Ken Johnson ...

Stacked Chart #5
Hi, I am wanting to produce a q-o-q analysis with stacked charts but I cant seem to get them to line up properly. Q1 Q1 Q2 Q2 A 4 3 4 5 B 3 2 4 2 C 2 1 3 1 So using the numbers above as an eg, I want one stacked Q1 graph for 'A' using the two Q1 figures and one stacked Q2 graph for 'A'. Ideally the Q1 and Q2 stacked bars would be side by side, then a gap and the same thing for B, C etc. Can anyone help??? Hi, Rearrange your data to look like this A B C Q1 Q2 Q1 Q2 Q1 Q2 Oranges 3 5 2 2 1 1 Apples 4 4 3 4 2 ...

Displaying Multiple Cell Information in Single Cell
Hi all, I'm trying to present (text) data from multiple cells in another workbook in a single cell. I've tried the following formula but it returns a #VALUE! in my destination cell: ='[Project1.xls]Dependencies'!$A$6, '[Project1.xls]Dependencies'!$A$7 Any ideas on if this is possible? TIA, SamuelT -- SamuelT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SamuelT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=503954 Use the "&...

Why does my excel chart appear in gray when I copy it?
I want to copy an excel chart into powerpoint. It is a simple column chart. However the columns contain a color gradient. When I copy the chart to the clipoard, the columns turn into gray. This problem however does not occur on other computers using the same excel version (2003). Hi batman, There are about 30 ways to copy and paste charts from Excel into PowerPoint. The problem you are describing is not one I have heard of - namely that it works on one machine but not another. However, you could try a different method of copying. For example - you can use the Camera tool to copy a ...

Changing Quickbooks to Excel
Hey, I'm trying to get my QuickBooks Check Registry into a linear format, then put it on a disk, go to another computer and open it in Excel. Can anyone give me a link or a quick walkthrough on what I need to do, any help would be appreciated. Thanks! -- mattsides ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mattsides's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25015 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385419 "mattsides" <mattsides.1rtnv9_1120777541.6085@excelforum-nospam.com>...

erratic color printing iof Publisher in PDF
I have printed my color newsletter using Primo to convert it to a PDF file. I have told Primo that I want it in Black and White, not color. Some of the pages in the 12-page black and white newsletter retain some color. Outlines around articles and tables retain the color I had used in the color version. I have told Primo that the paper quality is black and white AND in experimenting, to try to figure this outI have also tried color. When the blue and orange Primo box comes up, no matter whether I click print or screen, I continue to get colors in the black and white issue. Help!! garne...

how do you *chart* dates?
Thanks in advance for anyone's help. (Office 2002) I've been handed a "challenging" task. My leader wants to see if we've made our target dates across all groups. The data would look like this: --------------------GROUP ONE----------------------- Item: Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Target Date: 5/25/04 4/20/04 5/7/04 Actual Date: 6/3/04 4/19/04 5/7/04 --------------------GROUP TWO----------------------- etc. Up under Group one Item 1 was 9 days behind schedule Item 2 was 1 day ahead of schedule Item 3 was right on schedul...

How to create a simple Stacked Column chart?
I'm pulling my hair out over what I thought would have been a simple task: I have an Excel 2003 pivot table and chart. On the Chart tab, I drag a field to the Category axis and Page. Then I drag 3 numeric fields to the Data area. I set the Chart Type to Stacked Column. The problem: the 3 numeric fields still display as 3 separate bars/columns. So the question is why doesn't Excel stack them? I have seen numerous similiar posts, but no real understandable answer (at least not to a newbie at Excel charting and pivot tables). Thanks!!! Hi, The number of items in the stack will ...

To create a stacked column chart and group the stacked bars togeth
I have a column chart. The columns are stacked. I want to create groups of stacked columns and put them close together. If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns. Bernard Liengme has an example and instructions on his site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm and Jon Peltier has links to other sites with information: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Jacqueline wrote: > I have a column chart. The columns are stacked. I want to create groups of > stacked columns and put them close together. -- Deb...

max number of data ranges (bars) in a bar chart
I am trying to create a simple bar graph with 23 different data ranges, there is all the room in the world for 23 bars in a single graph, yet when I start selecting the data ranges (or labels for that fact) it gets to about 17 of them, and then erases everything I have selected and starts over. Ending up with a graph that only contains the last 4 or 5 data ranges????? I have also search every help and internet and see addressing this??? Hi, Is your data in non-contiguous ranges? If so this will create a reference that maybe too long. Either move the data to a contiguous range or crea...

Macro to produce Gantt Chart
I am trying to produce a Gantt Chart based on a set of Start Dates and End Dates for Activities. I do not want the Gantt to be coloring cells but drawing a rectangle with a certain color. A manually produced sample Gantt Chart is attached to clarify my idea. I would be interested in a macro that would read the cells containing the time scale (Jan to Jul 2004 in cells E5 to K5), read the start and end dates (cells C6 to D9) of the activities and produce the Gantt Bars in a color to be selected by the user. If this would make it easier, reading the start and end dates from the current row an...