Changing chart background color in Excel 97 SR 2

I am fairly new to this so please bear with me.

I have a chart based on numbers in a spread that has a grey background (The chart) but I
would like the background to be white and can not get it to change.

I right clicked on the chart and went to Format Chart Area, Patterns, Fill Effects,
Patterns and changed the background to white but the ok button is greyed out.

Am using Excel (Office) 97 SR 2

TIA

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

Right click (or double click) on the gray region, which is the Plot Area.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

whayface wrote:

> I am fairly new to this so please bear with me.
>
> I have a chart based on numbers in a spread that has a grey background (The chart) but I
> would like the background to be white and can not get it to change.
>
> I right clicked on the chart and went to Format Chart Area, Patterns, Fill Effects,
> Patterns and changed the background to white but the ok button is greyed out.
>
> Am using Excel (Office) 97 SR 2
>
> TIA
>
> http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

0
DOjonNOT (619)
4/30/2004 5:14:49 AM
Tryed it and nothing happened of course like I said I am new to this so -------

>Right click (or double click) on the gray region, which is the Plot Area.
>

>> I am fairly new to this so please bear with me.
>>
>> I have a chart based on numbers in a spread that has a grey background (The chart) but I
>> would like the background to be white and can not get it to change.
>>
>> I right clicked on the chart and went to Format Chart Area, Patterns, Fill Effects,
>> Patterns and changed the background to white but the ok button is greyed out.
>>
>> Am using Excel (Office) 97 SR 2
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

I can't think of why this is happening. Does it happen on all charts, or
just this one? (If it's just this one, I suggest recreating it.)

- Jon
-------

whayface wrote:

> Tryed it and nothing happened of course like I said I am new to this so -------
>

>>Right click (or double click) on the gray region, which is the Plot Area.
>>

>>>I am fairly new to this so please bear with me.
>>>
>>>I have a chart based on numbers in a spread that has a grey background (The chart) but I
>>>would like the background to be white and can not get it to change.
>>>
>>>I right clicked on the chart and went to Format Chart Area, Patterns, Fill Effects,
>>>Patterns and changed the background to white but the ok button is greyed out.
>>>
>>>Am using Excel (Office) 97 SR 2
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>
>>>http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

0
DOjonNOT (619)
5/1/2004 10:48:25 PM
Right-click on the grey background, and choose Format Plot Area
Do NOT click the Fill Effects button.
Just select the white colour on the Patterns tab, then click OK.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Excel 2007

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

New Disk storage

Excel not Access

displaying colors in an mfc application
Hi everyone, I'm working on an MFC application. The application is a treeview in which are represented some objects (persons, roles....). I have declared some bitmaps in the visual project to represent these objects. My problem is that some colors of the bitmaps are not displayed. I guess there is a palette problem or something like that. Does anybody have an idea of what the problem is? Thanks a lot for your help.... Fred Try using ILC_COLOR24 | ILC_MASK when you create your imagelist. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "fred" <fred@laposte.net> wrot...

help with simple maths in excel

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Opening Excel Workbooks

How do I use traffic lights in excel