Changing bar graph colours according to value

Is there any way to have the colours of the bars in a bar graph change
according to value?
0
nikki8327 (8)

Hi,

Have a look at Jon's example.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Exchange 2000 DST Changes

automaticly create graph
what i would like to do is create a spread sheet where by i entered the fixed and variable costs as well as the selling price. i would then like a graph to automaicly change and display the this info. Does anyone know how to do this. Decide which cells on the spreadsheet you wish to include in the chart. Select those cells. Follow the menu option: Insert/ Chart, and answer the questions in the wizard. Have you looked in Excel help at the topics concerned with charts, starting with "Create a chart"? Have you looked at the training material under http://office.microsoft.com/...

Changing Item #'s
Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? TMM: No there isn't in the "base" product, but MBS does have a tool that you can use called Item Modifier - this will allow you to change an Item number from one value to another. You can email this address below and they can answer any questions you have about the tool and can tell you what the cost of it is. mbsprofessionalservices@microsoft.com Hope that helps you out, JG "TMM" wrote: > Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? ...

Creating a Graph
hi all, i want to create a grapg dynamically getting the values from a file.. take for example the first row is the x axis and the second row is the y axis. i am planning to do this in mfc. what needs to be done for this.. if somebody has an example relating this please send me the link or the code.. thanks Read the data. Plot it. First, you have to read the data. You read the data and build an array of <x,y> pairs in whatever way you want to save them, e.g., int, float, double. This is pretty elementary programming. To do a graph in a very fancy way, you should use an existing gra...

Not using zeros in graphing.
I have a running workbook that has tons of information. I have added a sum page in order to have all the data summed up in one simple place. I have formulas that read back into the workbook to link to a cell. Depending on what moth it is, that cell could be empty as it is a yearly wookbook. For example, if this is August, then there is information in the workbook up to August, but none after. With that said, the sum page has the #DIV/0! in the cell which essentially equals zero. I also have graphs that I have linked to this sum page. My problem is in order to keep the graphs up to...

Chart "Benchmark" Line Graph Question
I am generating a graph of many team's monthly audit productivity percentages (bar graph) with a "benchmark" (line graph) at 95% (y axis) across 6 month period (x axis). The problem is that the line graph appears on the graph but the ends of the line are centered in the end columns (left & right). Is there as simple way to extend the benchmark line out to the edges of the graph? MJ Have a great day and live life with passion! ...

Sum amount if = 2 value's

Compare each value in a range to each value in another range
I am looking for a macro that will return a comparison of each cell in a range to each cell in another range. example. the first range would have vales of 1,2,3 and the second range would have values of 5,6,7 Thus the macro should return 9 possible comparisons: 1 & 5, 1 & 6, 1 & 7, 2 & 5, 2 & 6, 2 & 7, 3 & 5, 3 & 6, 3 & 7, Can anybody help me with this?? Just hazarding some thoughts here .. Perhaps using formulas would suffice ? Example: Assume 1st range is A1:A3, 2nd range is B1:B3. Then Compare 1st range against 2nd range I...

Stop changing of languages in Word 2003 when typing letter.
While typing a letter in Word 2003 it changed from English to what looked like Arabic language. I have rebooted 3 times and started over and still the same occurs. I even copied what I had in English to an email in Yahoo and sent it to myself and rebooted. Came back to that same email and copied it to a new email that I started to myself, and when I started typing it would only type in what looked like Arabic language. This happened to me once a couple of weeks ago, but never occurred again till now. What do I do? In the Language dialog box, turn off the option to autom...

Strange behaviour: show/hide formatting symbols reveals old change
In Word 2007, I'm getting some strange behaviour in a document that was authored by someone else. Track Changes is switched off, all changes have been accepted, and everything looks as it should in whichever view I happen to choose (Print Layout, Draft, whatever). But when I click to show formatting symbols (in whatever view) a whole lot of old changes - deletions AND insertions, ostensibly all accepted, and from before the document got to me - appear in the document, making it quite tricky to work with. These old changes are impervious to anything I try to do with them E...

Color change in cell when > 49.99
I need a cell to change color if the value inside the cell reaches 50 or higher.either text or cell shade. just so it catches the users attention. im running excel 2000. and i have this currently in the cell that i want to aplly this to: =HLOOKUP(D20,'Hidden Data'!GZ10:HB11,2,0)*MAX(15,E20) have you tried conditional formating? format>conditional formating >-----Original Message----- >I need a cell to change color if the value inside the cell reaches 50 or >higher.either text or cell shade. just so it catches the users attention. >im running excel 2000. and i ...

Date/Time Show When Changes Made
Hi, When changes are made in a table or form, I want the date and time to appear showing me when changes were made in any of the fields. How can it work? MTIA. It's not possible if you're working directly with tables. Using foms, you have to put code into the form's BeforeUpdate event to update the row's LastChanged field (which, of course, you have to add to the table yourself) You might find what Allen Browne has at http://www.allenbrowne.com/AppAudit.html to be useful. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Beame...

How to implement a progress bar on a status bar
If I want to implement a progress bar indicating process of some algorithm or function, how should I programme to make the progress bar appear on the status bar in foot of the window? Is there any sample code I can follow? speechuser wrote: >If I want to implement a progress bar indicating process of some algorithm >or function, how should I programme to make the progress bar appear on the >status bar in foot of the window? Is there any sample code I can follow? I've not used it, but this may do the trick: Showing progress bar in a status bar pane http://www.codeproject.com/...

OWA and password change
I have OWA in the DMZ but the mail server is behind the DMZ. I have no problems accessing OWA but I do have a problem see the users on my DC. The real issue is that I am trying to have users change their own password within OWA and need to know what ports I need to have open without any security breach. I need to know what is safe to open and what's not safe to open. Thanks. Hi WooYing, have you seen this articel s? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179442 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259240 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/guidance/secmod44.mspx F...

formatting of charts changes when copying from excel 2000 to 200.
When I copy a chart from Excel 2000 and paste it into Excel 2003, some of the formatting is lost. In particular, scale and axis formatting. Is this a programming issue or can it be corrected easily. Thanks Hi, First one would answer why would you copy charts from 2000 to 2003, why not make them in 2003? Second and more important - how are you copying them - there are maybe 20 possible methods of copying a chart from one program to another. Please tell us exactly which steps you use to do the copying. Also, exactly what formatting are you loosing, what do you get instead? When ...

Value (Y) axis crosses between categories and Secondary Value (Y) Axis
Hi all - I have 7 series on my chart Series 1 is column chart - may be area chart eventually (2007 data) Series 2 is column chart 2008 data Series 3 is column chart 2007 avg Series 4 is a column chart 2008 avg Series 5 is a line chart (32,0 benchmark) Series 6 is a line chart (points to column chart for 2007 avg, I then add text to right to explain the column) Series 7 is a line chart (points to column chart for 2008 avg, I then add text to right to explain the column) I would like the column charts for 2007 and 2008 data to be flush to the origin (12 data points each year) I would like the ...

Paste Special, Values, Transpose
Is there a way in Access 2007 to use the paste special features available in Excel? I have data in Excel that I will be copying and pasting into a form in Access. Importing would be tricky because not all tickets on the spreadsheet need to be copied. The issue is I receive the spreadsheet from another workgroup and they've merged cells and have the data going down one column, 19 rows. I can copy, paste special within Excel to get the data formatted right, then copy it into Access. I'm hoping there's an easier way. Any suggestions? Thanks! Jim Jim - ...

Clusted stacked column chart
I'm posting this (after banging my head against a brick wall for several hours) in case anyone else should run into the following, and I would be very interested to know if anyone knows of potential reasons for the problem. I made use of Jon Peltier's technique for creating a clustered-stacked column chart (http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked- column-charts/). This worked fine the first time I used it. However, thereafter at the step: "The month names are not centered correctly under the clustered columns. Format the scale of the secondary category axis (B throug...

how do i construct a bar in microsoft word?
how do i construct a bar in microsoft word? > how do i construct a bar in microsoft word? Use Word to write a letter to a general contractor. Ask the contractor for a quote to build a tavern to your specifications. Be as specific as you can about the specs. ...

bar diagraphs
How do you make a bar diagraph on excel? Start by having a read of this. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html Cheers Andy Kester wrote: > How do you make a bar diagraph on excel? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

change chart title with auto filter
I would like the title of my chart to change automatically every time I use the autofilter function to make a new selection of data to be displayed in the chart. Can anyone inform me of how to make the chart title change automatically with each new selection? Thanks, aja Hi, See this 'link' (http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_chart_title/fp_tutorial.html) HTH -- Krishnakumar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Krishnakumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20138 View this thr...

making a trendline appear on a graph
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew whether it were possible to insert a button next to the chart and assigning a macro to it that either made a trendline appear or disappear? Like an On/Off switch If so how? Thanks Dean I have found a way myself ! You can create your own trend line using the trend function and apply the values as a data source in the graph. Create a button/switch using true/false values on the trend function - using an IF funciton to make the cell value either #N/A on true or return the 'value' on false. Line will appear and dissapear like magic. So ...

gradient fill effect has bars
Hi, I created a file a couple of weeks ago on my old computer and my text boxes with the gradient fill effect looked fine (version 2003). Since opening the file on my new pc the gradient is no longer smooth looking and now has distinct bars showing the colour variation. The only difference is that I was using xp and now using vista. Any suggestions on how to get the smooth look back? Thanks, Nancy Publisher has always had issues with gradients and transparency. The best workaround is to create a rectangle the size of your text box with your preferred gradient, right-click, save as...