changing a series 'value' label to 'none planned' ? #2

this could be a bit of a problem as the data comes from some very larg
sheets which contain the data for several months worth of days
including the next couple of months, so adding a helper column would b
difficult.  The graphs are all automated so they base themselves on th
next day along without any intervention so manuallt creating thi
helper column each day would also not be possible.

Is there some other way to do it?

thank

--
neowo
neowok's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=594

Hi,

Maybe you could use a custom number format.

General;General;"None Planned"

All data labels with zero will actual display "None Planned"

If not some VBA code would be needed.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Working with Excel #2
Dear friends! I have the following problem - I am needing to represent in Excel a number with 20 (or more) digits. How can I do this? Many thanks! Hi Igor2005, > I have the following problem - I am needing to represent in Excel a number > with 20 (or more) digits. How can I do this? > That is only possible with either: - an addin (search google, there should be something for this, I recall seeing it but misplaced the link). - or by formatting the cell as text (but you won't be able to do math with the number easily then) Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jkp-ad...

Getting the mouse position #2
Hi, I'm using a derived class, CMyListCtrl, derived from CListCtrl. When the user right-clicks an item, I want to open a messagebox at the location they clicked. How do I capture the mouse position? Norming RButtonUp() has a CPoint argument, but OnRclick() does not. What to do? "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1159532198.011892.81980@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > > I'm using a derived class, CMyListCtrl, derived from CListCtrl. > > When the user right-clicks an item, I want to open a messagebox at the > location they clicked...

Windows Vista Service pack 2
I get automatic updates from Microsoft. Everytime my computer tries to install Windosw Vista Service pack 2, it always fails. All other updates are marked as successful however this Windows Vista Service pack 2 has failed about twenty times. What can I do? I assume this is an important update but my computer just will not allow for this update. -- kdi Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows Vista SP2 issues until 26 February 2010. Availability of chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Some issues may requi...

combinations #2
Hi all, I would like to generate all possible combinations (not permutations, so one combination of 6 out of the set abcdefg will also be aaaaab etc) of p out of n characters, n say from 3 to 8 and p from 3 to n. The character set could contain (in principle) any character that can be obtained by alt plus 0 plus 3 numbers of the numerical keyboard (alt 0233 = � etc.). The elements of each combination not to be separated by anything, so not (in this example 6 out of 6) a,b,b,c,a,f but abbcaf. Also not to be enclosed in parenthesis, single or double quotation marks etc. Just plain abbcaf et...

Cannot change line/object color in Publisher 2002
Anyone who can help: I'm using an older version of Publisher (2002). I was working on a floor plan for a project when suddenly, all the lines and borders disappeared. I am now unable to make any selection to change the line color--the selection defaults to a blank option no matter what color I choose, creating essentially invisible objects and lines in my files, even new ones. I uninstalled and reinstalled Publisher twice to no effect--the problem persists. (Interestingly, the same files when opened in Publisher 2002 on another machine display fine.) Is there something else that co...

Stacked Bar Graph #2
I have data from last year that I want to compare with data from this year. The data is broken into components, so I'd like to use a stacked bar graph to compare the data by month. Is there a way to put two columns of data next to each other in a stacked bar graph? X-Axis would have months (Jan - Dec) Each month would have two columns - one for 2007, one for 2008 Thanks. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/19/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/10/13/clustered-stacked-bar-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Cus...

Change line to bar in Line
Hope someone can help on this one...I have 4 data series that I am trying to plot on a Line-Column chart. I need 3 of these to be columns and one to be a line. It is defaulting to 2 columns and 2 lines. Does anyone know how to override that default, so I can change the one line (basically the 3rd data series) to a column? Thanks :-) Select the series you want to change, then on the Chart menu, choose Chart Type, and choose the new type to assign to that series. Next time, starting from scratch, make a column chart with all four series, then change the one to a line. - Jon ------- Jo...

Pivot table will not returned value's
Goodmorning Everybody, Yesterday i made a macro which gets the value from Cell AM1 and fits it as a criteria in a Pivotfield in another file. The macro as seen at the end, works smooth except for this part: Set pt = Sheets("Table Combi").PivotTables("PivotTable3") Set pf = pt.PivotFields("ARF Code") ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").PivotFields("ARF Code").CurrentPage = "" & k & "" If pf.CurrentPage <> " & k & " Then pf.CurrentPage = "(Blank)" End If Does ...

Toggle Data Label "Value" On and Off
Is there any way to toggle the "Value" label for a chart on and off using a button linked to some VBA code. I'd like to be able to have the label formatted (i.e. color, size, etc) so that the user just has to click a button for the values to show on the bars of the chart. Thanks for any help you can give! -Josh Found my own answer through recording macros. Here is the code I used, applying it to a toggle button. Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False If ToggleButton1.VALUE = True Then ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Ac...

Many to 1 Relationships in CRM 4.0 #2
Hi I just wondering if there is a suggested way to create multiple many to 1 relationships in CRM 4.0. We have created a custom entity and we need to associate more than 1 type of contact with the custom entity. We have a nominated and a registered contact. We have created two many to 1 relationships with contacts and the custom entity. The problem is that the name of the custom entity now appears twice in the navigation pane for contacts. We can select the 'Do not display option' however the custom entity will not appear in the navigation pane for the 'nominated contacts&...

25 changes to 35
When the value of 25 is entered into a cell, the screen returns the value of 35. I have scanned for viruses, tracking software, defalt setup values, uninstalled an reinstalled excell, updated, etc. Still I get a value of 35 when I enter 25. Help. Hi! Check Tools>AutoCorrect Options and see if someone is playing a trick on you! Biff "David Sound Tech" <David Sound Tech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598DF7E4-04EE-4CE4-9248-7D5E445FB182@microsoft.com... > When the value of 25 is entered into a cell, the screen returns the value > of > 35. &...

Division help? #2
In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as 16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6. Can this be done? Please let me know a.s.a.p. I can't deduce the logic you are applying here. Can you post some more examples of what you want to input and how you would like the output to appear? Pete If you put 16 in A1, you can put this in B1: =int(a1/3) you can put this in C1: =b1 you can put this in D1: =a1-b1-c1 clayblay wrote: > > In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as > 16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6. Can this be done? Please let me know ...

Copy a word doc to excel and hyperlink data between the 2.
I have a chart on an excel document and a long word document explaining the data in the chart. I would like to place the word document under the chart in excel. Then I would like to hyperlink the data from the chart to specific places in the word document. Help.....I have been trying to figure it out for days. Thank you. ...

Is this program good for labels??
I was just wondering which microsoft program is the fastest and most compatable for making many, many labels at one time, Word, Excel, or Publisher? If anyone would like to help me through this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Again. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/publisher/200508/1 A lot depends on what is the format of the label sheet or if it's pinfeed, the text formatting and if there are any graphics. What is the format of the data at this time? Personally I prefer Publisher. -- Ron "Kelsey P via OfficeKB.com" <...

Off the chart Graph labels, that don't show up?
I have am using a bar graph and one bar is off the scale. In the 2003 version of excel the label for that bar becomes invisible, in older versions I could just move the label down so that it can be seen. I can click on the label and if I highlight it i can see the number, but I cannot get it to show on the graph. Has anyone run into this problem? You could add a series to hold a label within the chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/OutlierLabels.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Dawn&q...

highest value between rows
hi.. Datas are: A B C D E 1 AA08 AA07 AA09 AA30 2 I want to display the highest value(AA30) in E1. Any formula for this? Thanks. Hi there, You might want to concider using the vlookup formula combined with the max in this one. =VLOOKUP(MAX(range, range_including_answer_col, col_ref,0)) Put this formula in cell AA30 Hope it helps you -- Thank you and Regards Garreth Lombard "formula" wrote: > hi.. > > Datas are: > > A B C D E > 1 AA08 AA07 AA09 AA30 > 2 > > I want to display the hi...

Database Model Diagram #2
I have Visio 2003. When I try to load a new Database Model Diagram Visio locks up every time. Every other type of template loads just fine. I have Windows XP Professional x64. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks for any information. ------=_NextPart_0001_4353DD39 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit This can occur with Visio 2003 on 64-bit Windows systems, and is related to the way that Windows provides the Printer supported paper sizes which Visio needs. Here is a work around that will help you avoid the problem: 1) new blank drawing 2) File | Print 3...

Changing Depre Life
I have a number of fixed assets that I need to extend the life. Their in service date was in the prior fiscal year. If I go to the Asset Book screen & change the life, <save> the screen & choose "Year" as the reset option (not Life or Recalculate), shouldn't I get some financial entries reflecting the current year adjustment of depreciation? I tried it in the test company & I'm not getting any GL entries. Any help is appreciated. Merle Merle: You have to run the GL Posting Routine at Tools>Routines>Fixed Assets to generate the GL entry. Fr...

About worksheet change event.
I wrote a code and somewhere, I want to restrict any changes with multiple cell selections, "except" adding a whole row by right-clicking on the row number bar. How can i do this? Maybe you could test like this If Target.Rows.Count = 1 And Target.Count = Rows.Count Then ... -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "serdar" <s@s.com> wrote in message news:Og4LA$Y%23FHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I wrote a code and somewhere, I want to restrict any changes with multiple > cell selections, "except"...

get 2nd occurence value
Match function fetches row number of 1st occurence of a value in a range,How to get 2nd or 3rd or later occurences of that value in a range? Assuming that A1:A100 contains your data, and that B1 contains your lookup value, try the following for the second occurrence... =SMALL(IF(A1:A100=B1,ROW(A1:A100)-ROW(A1)+1),2) ....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER. For the third occurrence, change the 2 at the end of the formula to 3. Hope this helps! In article <6FC05ACF-01DA-43C1-B3AF-252211D1BF47@microsoft.com>, TUNGANA KURMA RAJU <TUNGANAKURMARAJU@discussions.micro...

Merging 2 Spreadsheets w/ referencing
I have two tab delimited spreadsheet files of a product database. My MAIN concern here is that I need to import the prices from one spreadsheet, to a specific column in my original spreadsheet, and I need those prices to correspond with the respective product IDs. Is this possible ??? thanks in advance guys! My main spreadsheet (tab delimited file) I have it setup as follows: A B C D ProductID49483 Brief Description Image.jpg 3.00 ProductID93094 Brief Description Image.jpg 5.00 ProductID30...

Add more than one series to a pivot chart using VB MS Access continued...
I'm trying to programmatically create a stacked bar pivot chart. Using "Programming Microsoft Office Access 2003" by Rick Dobson, I've created the chart. However, it doesn't distinguish between the different values for the series. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a chart using one column containing three values for the series? Essentially, this is a continuation of a previous post: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access.formscoding/browse_thread/thread/e23f3506a6d561a0/674295d410a71cf9%23674295d410a71cf9" Any help is greatly appre...

Timeout value within which a Service must stop
Hi, What is the time within which a service must stop after a SERVICE_CONTROL_STOP message is received? Where is this timeout paramater specified? Is it the same for all services running on a machine? The service in question is being stopped from the services window. I am working on a Windows 2000 machine and new to windows programming. Would help if I could any information. Thanks and Regards, M Shetty <mshetty@mail.com> wrote in message news:1132058850.084285.280970@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com > What is the time within which a service must stop after a > SERVICE_CONTROL...

Change the default Calendar
Hej to all I have outlook 2010 with 2 calendars, calendar and work. By default the default calendar is calendar, but I would like to be work, since calendar have almost my private things, there is a way to change the default calendar to work. Thanks to all. Sofia No, you'll have to copy over the items from one to the other. Personally I don't use 2 calendars for this but use a single calendar and categorize my appointments accordingly. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/191 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft...

Autofilter problem #2
I have this quite annoying problem with autofilter because I work with large lists very offten. I read somewhere that autofilter is limited to 1000 rows. Is there a solution for this? Using custom filter doesn't help too much. Thanks. Hi see http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany dustystorm wrote: > I have this quite annoying problem with autofilter because I work > with large lists very offten. I read somewhere that autofilter is > limited to 1000 rows. Is there a solution for this? Using custom > filter doesn'...