changing a series 'value' label to 'none planned' ?

I have 2 graphs which show planned and actual manpower figures for
various work sites for a day.  Sometimes there are no planned workers
on site for that day and I would like to display 'None Planned' rather
than the usual '0' which appears if there are none planned.

Is this possible?

--
neowok
neowok's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5940

Hi,

You will need to add a helper column that contains the information you
want to display in a data label. You can then link the data labels to cells.
To make the process of linking data labels to cells try either of these
free addin.

  Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
  John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Auto change formula in cells when source is changed
Good day experts; If specific cells have the same formula for example: C1 = Product( A1;B1) C16 = Product(A16;B16) C17= Product(A17;B17) And so on ... What formula should i write in C16, C17, ... so that: when the formula in the source cell, C1, is changed the formulas in C16, C17, ... would automatically change accordingly. I tried "=C1" it does not work Thanks in advance Carlo carlo wrote: > Good day experts; > > If specific cells have the same formula for example: > C1 = Product( A1;B1) > C16 = Product(A16;B16) > C17= Product(A17;B17) > And so on ... ...

test a range for value....
Hi, I have a column of dates, formatted as date dd/mm/yyyy. I would like to have a formula in one cell that will evaluate the entire range to check if all the dates are within a given year. If A1 is 01/01/2008, I can put =year(a1)=2008 in B1 and return a true or false, but I can't seem to get it to work for a range rather than just an individual cell. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA. Jim Assuming your dates are in column A, with the search date 01/01/2008 in B1. This formula will count how many dates are not in the same year as B1: =3DSUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(A1:A1000)=3DYEAR(B...

Sumif returning incorrect value

How to bold daily max values
I have one year of hourly data in one column and the date in another column. I'd like to write some excel functions to bold the daily max values. Any help is greatly appreciated! Ginger Conditional formatting would do this, but I don't understand the data. Can you post some sample data? -- HTH Bob Phillips "Ginger" <Ginger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34230977-525A-476E-A29F-AA27144E1E10@microsoft.com... > I have one year of hourly data in one column and the date in another column. > I'd like to write some excel functions to bold t...

Maintenance Plan and Read Only DB
I'd like to use a Maintenace plan to run DBCC + Update Statistics on my DBs, but since i have one DB which is Read Only it stacs on that DB. What can I do? If the DB is read-only why update stats ? "Gal" <Gal@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 345532F2-4689-44B0-8F39-1E637FD64179@microsoft.com... > I'd like to use a Maintenace plan to run DBCC + Update Statistics on my > DBs, > but since i have one DB which is Read Only it stacs on that DB. > What can I do? I forgot to mention that I like to use the option of &...

Changing a text field to a date field
Hi I know this is a problem for lots of people but I still cant find an answer. I have imported a text file into excel with a number field that displays credit card expiry dates as a 4 digit number. example 0408 so month + year. I have converted the number field to a text field so it doesnt drop off the first zero and now I need to convert it to a date field. Any nice easy simple ideas. Any help would be much appreaciated. Or direction to a question the same. Perhaps =DATE(100+RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2),1) format as date -- daddylonglegs --------------------------------------------...

MRP not creating planned orders in version 10.0
I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below Order Point Qty. It's not working in 10.0. I've checked all my settings from 8.0 to 10.0 and they all look the same. Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks, Ken Have you rebuilt your low level codes after the upgrade? -- Tim Foster "KRoy" wrote: > I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live > database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below > Ord...

Problem changing wallpaper on Vista
I am trying to change the wallpaper on Vista. I have a sub that works on XP with .jpg and .bmp images... Private Sub SetActiveDesktopWallpaper(ByVal sFileName As String, ByVal lStyle As Long, ByVal fForce As Boolean) Dim ad As ActiveDesktop Dim co As COMPONENTSOPT Dim wpo As WALLPAPEROPT Set ad = New ActiveDesktop 'check if AD is enabled co.dwSize = Len(co) ad.GetDesktopItemOptions co, 0& With wpo .dwSize = Len(wpo) .dwStyle = lStyle End With With ad ' set wallpaper style... .SetWallpaperOpt...

Series order conflicts with line order
I've set my series in the order that I want, however, it conflicts with the visual layout of the lines. One data line (less important) visually obstructs another line in the chart. Is there a way to change the layout order (without changing the series order), i.e., forcing it "back" or "behind" another line. Thanks. Diana Hi, Perhaps you could use the secondary axis, which will plot lines in front of the primary axis series. Add a new series based on the same cells and set it to the secondary axis. That should sort the obstruction. You will then need to remo...

Statment of changes in financial position
i will be a demo of GP 10 on Weds for a customer who has a requirement for a statement of changes in financial position. Is there any reason that this would be a problem in FRx as long as i know what GL accounts make up each row? Their sales and receivables are going to be maintained in another systmer - with that system providing a journal entry either weekly or monthly. THanks! Andrea: How did this come out for you, also have you done a Schedule of Changes Report?? Pretty standard non-profit reports. "Andrea Smiley" wrote: > i will be a demo of GP 10 on Weds for a cus...

Copying values from place to place
Hello community: Is it possible say, to type a value in a textbox in one form (Form A), automatically copy that value, then open another form( Form B) and automatically paste that value into another textbox in Form B? Is this possible? Thank you for your help. -Gabriel M. If you open Form B from Form A you can use the OpenArgs of the OpenForm command line to pass a value to Form B. docmd.OpenForm "FormName",,,,,,Me.TextBoxName On the OnLoad event of the Form B you can use set the value in the text box If not IsNull(Me.OpenArgs) Then Me.TextBox = Me.OpenArgs End If -- ...

Corporate Name Change
How does one change the name of a stock (and symbol) when a company (such as AOL) decides to do so Wade: Select AOL from your portfolio, right click and choose "see details" You can rename it and change the symbol there. Kevin "Wade" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023701c395d4$c6129da0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How does one change the name of a stock (and symbol) when > a company (such as AOL) decides to do so Thanks ... I get an error stating the ticker is already in use. How can I get around this (is there a global ticker li...

Mailing Labels
Hello, I'm using Access for a membership database but when I try to preview my mailing labels it asks me for a TRIM what is this? Sorry it says Enter Parameter Value...then on the bottom it says TRIM "rosa5845" wrote: > Hello, > > I'm using Access for a membership database but when I try to preview my > mailing labels it asks me for a TRIM what is this? Open the report definition in design view. Find the control on the report that includes the Trim() function. What happens if you remove that function? There's a possibility that y...

How do I add y-axis labeling on the right side of chart?
I'd like to add an axis with same values on the right side of the chart. You'll need to have at least two series in order to enter a secondary axis. On one of the series, change the Axis to Secondary axis. "DavidNHFCU" <DavidNHFCU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28759EE0-759E-4964-8F5E-6C49099653B6@microsoft.com... > I'd like to add an axis with same values on the right side of the chart. How can I force the y-axis at the bottom of my chart to appear for all 12 months when I only have Jan, Feb and March figures to put in the first thre...

changing sort order
I have followed the TK "How to BCP Data Out and Back into a New Database (875179)" a few times and it seems to work great. However, when bcp'ng the data back in, I do notice some errors as it flashes by in the dos screen, however, NONE of the .err files show any size other than 0k. After logging into Great Plains, I do notice that some information is completely missing. I check the tables and they are empty. I checked the in and out bat files and those tables are exported, then imported, the table is empty and its .err file is also blank. If the .err files do not show...

Average & eliminating zero value Need HELP !! PLEASE
In cell C4 im calculating average hours for D5:D65 of all employees In cells Z5:Z65 If L is entered means laid off In cells AB5:AB65 IS AVERAGE OF ALL EMPOLYEES HOURS in cells D5:D65 if L is entered in Z Column In cells D5:D65 IS all employees hours FORMULA FOR C4 IS {=AVERAGE(IF(ISNUMBER(D5:D65),IF(D5:D65>0,D5:D65,0)))} Formula for cells AB5:AB65 IS =IF(Z5="L",R4,"") Formula for D5:D65 IS =IF(Z5>0,0,IF(B5="","",AA5+SUM(E5:J5)*1.5+K5*2)) I want to average all employees hours except if L is entered in Z Column so say 65 empl...

Changing Exch5.5 GAL columns in Outlook client view
Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, in the Outlook client, if you display the 'Address Book' you get the following columns - name, business phone, office, title, company, alias, e-mail type, & e-mail address. How do you change it so you show the display name, business, extension, cell phone, & internet email address? Basically, how/where do you change the columnar data the client sees? Thanks, Mike Lawson Mike Goto View | Columns and there u can manage views... KJ "Mike Lawson" wrote: > Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, i...

Dropdown Size: How do I change?
I have a workbook and after opening it on another computer, all the dropdowns are way too wide. And how can I have them show 20 items rather than the default of 8? Thanks, Craig Right-click the dropdown and you can change the 8 to any other number. To make it less wide, right-click it and drag the right/left border to the size you want. It MAY have something to do with the screen resolution on the other computers...? Bob Umlas "Craig Roberts" <Somewhere @ Lindstrom Minnesota USA> wrote in message news:e4jiOnVPFHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I have a workbook a...

How can I change primary display for presentation on multiple mon.
I want to hit F5 and have my presentation go to a different monitor. I have multiple monitors so my laptop display on a classroom screen. Can I change the default monitor that F5 points to? In article <5A95BBFC-B291-4A05-9E71-3F094B937ABB@microsoft.com>, Shorebilly wrote: > I want to hit F5 and have my presentation go to a different monitor. I have > multiple monitors so my laptop display on a classroom screen. Can I change > the default monitor that F5 points to? In the Slide Show | Set up show dialog, you can choose the monitor you want to display slide s...

How do I print labels after I have mailmerge on excel
?I saved my addresses in Excel. I want to print them on labels How do I do that? Also how can I get a picture on the labels? Bika, do a mail merge with word. For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Ex...

Logical Filtering based on Value
I've been using this formula to sort some values and return results if( or( and( b9<>"", isnumber( find( Left(b9,1 ,"AWFUY") ) ), isnumber( find("SHORT",g9 ) ), sum( countif(c9,{"BOG","BLM","CMO"}) ) ) ) ) ,i9-0.01,j9 ) --I used ALT-ENTER between each formula so as to see thing clearly Column A values can be "B01" Column B values can be "BRN" Columns I & J are values, one being lowest the other being highest allowed. On another sheet I...

How to force the user to fill in values for yes/no fields ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. I have a table with a number of yes/no fields. When a new record is started, I want the user to explicitly specify a value for each of these fields, e.g. by choosing one of two radio buttons associated with the field. Now, it was no problem for me to arrange an option group with two suitable radio buttons for each of these fields. The user can then choose explicitly between yes and no. However, all fields seem to have implicit values immediately after a new record has been started. Therefore, the new record can be stored in the db without the user making...

pointer changes from arrow to plussign
Somehow the pointer arrow in excel has changed from an arrow to a plus sign. How can I change it back to an a n arrow? That would depend upon where you are pointing the cursor. If anywhere on the cells portion of a worksheet, the cursor is a fat white plus sign. If pointing to menus, toolbars, sheet tabs or scrollbars the cursor should be an arrow. Are you saying your cursor "never" changes to an arrow? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:15:34 -0700, "gmohanco" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Somehow the pointer arrow in excel has c...

Find a value in cells
Hi, all, I have something like this : a 1 b 4 c 5 d 3 I'm doing a max function in the number column and it returns me '5' But, after that, I want to know the letter which corresponds to the max number How can I do that? Thanks Nic -- nicgendron ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nicgendron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25151 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386417 Let's say that...

Infopath w/ manually entered values in drop-down and qry results
I had originally posted this elsewhere, but was told this forum is the appropariate plase. I have an Infopath form with a drop-down listbox, that is poulated with manually-entered values. I choose a value, submit the updated data, and it does put the correct value in the SQL 2005 database. However, the next time I query the data, the value in the drop-down list box is the default value for the list-box, not the value from the database, which is misleading. I would have expected the drop-down listbox to display the value from the database instead. Thanks. On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, in...