Changing a cell color....

Hi,
Can someone help me how  can I change a cell color using the"IF" command???
Thank you,
Shaul

0
bagaz (2)

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:27:56 +0200, Shaul <bagaz@netvision.net.il> wrote=
:

> Hi,
> Can someone help me how  can I change a cell color using the"IF" =

> command???

Under the Format menu, pick Conditional Formatting.

-- =

Dave
dvt at psu dot edu
0
dvt_spam (111)

Color Coding Email Listings
Hi All, Without using the Followup function. Is there a way to color code the email listings. Mac's are good for this, and Eudors on PC. I may want to highlight an email with color codes... and the entire listing being highlighted is a better visual then the followup flag. And these items really aren't being highlighted for followup.. just for more important future reference. Thanks -Dave Dave Bar <d@d.com> wrote: > Without using the Followup function. > Is there a way to color code the email listings. See if these help: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/colore...

freeserve have changed my outlook
Since I joined Freeserve, they've changed Outlook so that it has their In and Out box and Bin etc. How do I remove this? Tommy Glassford <tommy@shanklandglassford.fsnet.co.uk> wrote: > Since I joined Freeserve, they've changed Outlook so that it has > their In and Out box and Bin etc. How do I remove this? Ask them. -- Brian Tillman ...

How do I add row total when cell contains both number and letter .
I have a timesheet spreadsheet. Cell contents include hours and coding. Example: 8 (8 hours regular pay-no letter) or 8V (8 hours vacation pay). I want to have a total at the end but my formula will only read the cells that don't have a letter after the number. If the text value is always "V" you could use something like =SUM(IF(RIGHT(A18:A21,1)="V",VALUE(LEFT(A18:A21,LEN(A18:A21)-1)),A18:A21)) entered as an array formula (control-shift -return) If there are other codes than just V, it gets a little more complex. if the coding is never more than just one charac...

Charting changes in altitude
I am involved as an administrator of an adventure race. The event is 388km (242 miles)in length and I wish to produce a chart showing the changes in altitude that take place over the course. Any ideas on how to achieve this? regards Mike Coleman Cairns Australia Put the distance in one column, the corresponding altitude in the adjacent column, and create a XY Scatter chart with the resulting data. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Business solutions leveraging technology Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) 2000-2004 In article <1d4eb01c42368$cbb4c810$a501280a@phx...

How do I indicate a empty or blank cell in an IF function?
I am trying to do a simple IF function but don't know how to indicate if a cell is empty or blank then I want a certain text value returned. What I am trying is: =IF('Sheet 1'!A15=IS NULL,"NO","YES") What I want is if the cell indicated on an other sheet is empty or blank then the word NO to appear in the formula cell and if it does have text then YES to appear. How can I do this? Hope I made myself clear enough. I couldn't figure out how to ask help the right way to get the correct answer. Thanks for all of your help! Never Mind. I seem to ha...

Excel 2003
When I click on the end of a formula in a cell, I usually get all the associated cells highlighted with different coloured borders. I have one workbook with several sheets where this no longer happens on just one sheet. Is there some option I need to turn on in the sheet to make the coloured cell borders appear? Or might it be something to do with very recently using automaic update to bring my Office 2003 up to date? Any assistance much appreciated. Tom Walker You should always get *exactly* the same actions if you would click in the formula bar. As far as having the cell itself h...

Black color schemes
I have Publisher2000 and 97 using XP as OS. I can not get publisher to work. The I have no colors. The workspace is all BLACK. I cant see anything. When i go to color schemes they are all BLACK. The program is not usable. I did have a old file that was on old computer that I was able to load and work with, but when I go to start a new publication, your guessed it, every thing is black. Please email me or post on this site. Thank You Pick-Axe You are *extremely* talented to have managed to get this situation. This is an absolute first for all time on this issue. What settings do ...

Mouse pointer changes to hourglass shape
I've just put up the trial version of visio. Very frequently, when stuffing around trying to get a connection line organized the way I want it, the mouse pointer changes to an hourglass shape. I can continue to use it (treating the middle of the hourglass as the tip of the pointer) but it's very irritating. I can clear it back to the standard arrowhead pointer by right-clicking, but that brings up the context menu, which I then have to dismiss. Very irritating. My system is a fully-updated Windows 2000 Professional. Graphics card is a Matrox G550 with the latest driver. Any ...

Change color of the border..
There are some components as the combobox that doesn't give option to change the color of the border, there is some form of making it thank you ...

Color rows based on date in a cell?
Programming question? Hopefully so. Excel novice here I would like to color a row yellow at a certain date, then red at another. This is for a project and the yellow and red correspond to due dates. Say at 12/11/2009 the row is yellow. At 12/19/2009 it is red. I would also like to color a row (some color) when a 100% is reached in the "completed %) cell. Help is appreciated! Ignore, as this is now in General Excel forum,, "tbo" wrote: > Programming question? Hopefully so. > Excel novice here > > I would like to color a row yellow at a certai...

Cell formatting 04-06-10
I am sure I am doing something incredibly stupid here but just cant seem to figure this out. I have a budget work sheet. The first column is the account number. the next twelve columns are each month's budget (Jan-Dec). In the original budget file, some numbers were simply keyed in and others are formulas. (Some are a gross # times a percentage and others a gross # divided by 12 months). I am creating a text file to import the budget data into my financial system. The first thing I did was to take the budget file and copy it into its own file by using paste spe...

Background color lost in IE7
XP Pro SP3 The background coloration of the Internet home page of www.msn.com on = one of my users accounts is no longer being displayed. I have checked = the Accessibility settings and there are no checked boxes. Nothing has = been changed, it just suddenly no longer displays the background page = coloration on that one page. All other webpages appear to be ok. And, = all other user accounts appear to be working properly. What might I = check on that particular account that might have gotten changed by an = update or such? Jan :) > I have checked the Accessibility settin...

Paste into visible cells
I have a situation where I'm trying to copy a range (e.g. A1:D5) into a sheet with hidden rows. I cannot find a way to paste into visible cells only. (I can copy FROM visible cells only, but cannot paste TO visible cells only). Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? -- ERR229 Sometimes you can sort the range first--so that your intended paste range is nicely grouped. Then paste. ERR229 wrote: > > I have a situation where I'm trying to copy a range (e.g. A1:D5) into a > sheet with hidden rows. I cannot find a way to paste into visible cells only. > (I can c...

How to protect a cell INSTANTLY the moment the data is entered!!
Hello, I want to know how to protect the cell at the very moment data i keyed in and entered without using the protection option in the tool' bar! I would like the process to be automatic!! for example: in cell B if i type in the word "king" and press ENTER! after this i must not b able to modify the word as the cell should be automatically protected if any one has a response to this please reply i would be eagerl waiting for it! thanx! Mot -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could do this by having the cell unprotected>entering the data>have a workshee...

Project 2007
One of my students has some tasks which will be repeated at different points during the project (Reoccurring task won't work in this case). Is there a way to copy and paste his extensive note information without having to open the Task Information window each time? Selecting the task row to copy and paste won't bring over the notes. In article <8FB23A12-C779-4370-9749-D9758403B352@microsoft.com>, Mikel Anne <MikelAnne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > One of my students has some tasks which will be repeated at different points > during the project (...

How do I change the contact information I gave when I registered?
I have a new email address - How can I change my email address that i gave when i registered publisher? ...

possible to change field code color?

How to change transaction date?
I'm using Money 2003 Deluxe and Business. I use online bill payment through my bank. There is a recurring rental payment each month. It is processed on the 20th for a due payment on the 25th. Money will see it and enter it into my Money account as an electronically cleared item. Sometimes the item will clear so that I have two rent payments occuring in the same month. This skews my expense report because the next month has no rental payment. I'd like to see one rent payment each month for budgeting purposes. Right now, I'm subtracting one of the rental payments manually to g...

XML syntax coloring
Hi. I would like to ask If somebody don't have any small sample to coloring XML syntax, e.g. in RichTextBox. It can be in VB.NET or C#. I watched on SharpDevelop, but I could not understand that code, which is coloring text. Thanks. ...

Counting an entry to a cell
Using Excel 2007 I would like to get a formula that will allow me to count entries in column C, but if an entry is made in column D that would supersede what is in column C. When an entry is made into column H I would like the total for columns C or D to reflect this i.e. total number counted should drop. I have listed names at top of s/sheet and totals are to sit in H1, H2 etc. Hope you can assist. Let me know if you require additional info. Cheers, Paul You have an answer at your duplicate posting - please do not multi- post. Pete On Aug 7, 10:25=A0am, slavenp <slav...@discussi...

Pulling data from one cell to another
A column contains people's first name and last seperated by a comma. Ho can I tell excel to pull everything after the comma to B column an leave the first name in Column A? Thank -- inthewa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- intheway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=672 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26918 intheway, have a look at data text to columns, post back if you need more help on this -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post a...

Glue/Lock cells to external data before refresh
I have a spreadsheet with a table of data which has been imported from an Access Database. If new records have been added on the database, then when I refresh the data in Excel it will add these new lines onto the spreadsheet. I need to be able to put certain comments in my spreadsheet against lines of data from the database. However, if new lines are inserted when I refresh the data, the comments can end up being next to the wrong record. Is there any way to keep my lines of comments attached to a particular record of external data, so they will move when the record does? ...

Chart Coloring
I need a way to select the color for the bars in a bar chart befor the creation of the chart. I know how to select the colors once the chart is created, is there a way to automatically change the chart colors? You can change the default colours Excel uses for chart fills and lines respectively, in Tools/Options/Color. The colours from left to right are the ones Excel picks for your data series in order of selection. Select the colour to be changed and click Modify... The rest is evident I gather. In the same pane you can also import colours from another workbook (e.g., your company...

comparing cells
I need to compare two cells and color them if different, but not compare spaces. I've tried the following: Conditional formating: =B10<>C10 // But it compares spaces Formula: =IF(C10<>B10,"","Different") // But it will compare spaces and I don't know how to make it color fill C10 & B10 =exact(C10,B10) // But it will compare spaces and I don't know how to make it color fill C10 & B10 when false I'm afraid I am way over my head in this. Is there a way to move the contents of a cell to a buffer, remove spaces, make it all the same ca...

how do i separate cell value in four different cells? #2
Thanks for the tip but i think i should explain some more. If th amount is 250.50 (USD) it should be displayed in the last 5 cell excluding the dot(assuming that amount is no more than five digits an 50 cents). This shoud be a simple accounting operation to transfer a single cel ammount in to assignet cells to the right. If you have ideas... help pleas -- si ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=262 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26585 ...