change exist chart to be dynamic

Hi all
 How can I  change an existing chart to be dynamic? In series I saw a  name 
in y axis only but no name of x axis.  How can I create a series for x axis?
Thanks in advance
Daniel
0
Daniel1 (174)
6/6/2007 5:25:04 PM
excel.charting 18370 articles. 0 followers. Follow

7 Replies
454 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 5

You need to understand how dynamic charts work. There are tutorials and 
links to more on this page:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
_______


"Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:FF77A61A-58A9-4629-90E1-20742E6A1EA3@microsoft.com...
> Hi all
> How can I  change an existing chart to be dynamic? In series I saw a  name
> in y axis only but no name of x axis.  How can I create a series for x 
> axis?
> Thanks in advance
> Daniel 


0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
6/6/2007 7:13:53 PM
Hi Daniel,

It's not clear what exactly you want to do - there are many types of dynamic 
chart.  Also your solution is version dependent - what version are you 
using.  There are a lot of hard ways to do this, but there is also a very 
elegant and easy way to handle it, depending on what you are actually trying 
to do.  For example there is not need for dynamic range names in some cases.

Please give us more info.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:FF77A61A-58A9-4629-90E1-20742E6A1EA3@microsoft.com...
> Hi all
> How can I  change an existing chart to be dynamic? In series I saw a  name
> in y axis only but no name of x axis.  How can I create a series for x 
> axis?
> Thanks in advance
> Daniel 

0
6/6/2007 11:41:13 PM
Hi Shane
  I have an existing excel chart and I need to change it be dynamic which is 
the chart will automatically expand and continue to graph.  I 've just learn 
that the chart need to define names and add offset, counta functions.  But 
that is the hard way and I want to learn the easy way.  I heard I can change 
the series but do not clear about it. Thanks in advance
Daniel

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
> 
> It's not clear what exactly you want to do - there are many types of dynamic 
> chart.  Also your solution is version dependent - what version are you 
> using.  There are a lot of hard ways to do this, but there is also a very 
> elegant and easy way to handle it, depending on what you are actually trying 
> to do.  For example there is not need for dynamic range names in some cases.
> 
> Please give us more info.
> 
> Cheers,
> Shane Devenshire
> 
> "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:FF77A61A-58A9-4629-90E1-20742E6A1EA3@microsoft.com...
> > Hi all
> > How can I  change an existing chart to be dynamic? In series I saw a  name
> > in y axis only but no name of x axis.  How can I create a series for x 
> > axis?
> > Thanks in advance
> > Daniel 
> 
> 
0
Daniel1 (174)
6/7/2007 8:25:01 PM
If you're using Excel 2003, define the data range as a list (Data menu) and 
as the list changes size, any formulas referencing the list (including the 
chart SERIES formula) will update to include the entire length of the list. 
If you're using Excel 2007, define the range as a Table, and it will behave 
like an Excel 2003 List.

If you're using Excel 2002 or earlier, the dynamic approach using dynamic 
names is in fact the easy way.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
_______


"Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:59ED94E2-9D4F-42EF-8FFA-4297D6AB7706@microsoft.com...
> Hi Shane
>  I have an existing excel chart and I need to change it be dynamic which 
> is
> the chart will automatically expand and continue to graph.  I 've just 
> learn
> that the chart need to define names and add offset, counta functions.  But
> that is the hard way and I want to learn the easy way.  I heard I can 
> change
> the series but do not clear about it. Thanks in advance
> Daniel
>
> "Shane Devenshire" wrote:
>
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> It's not clear what exactly you want to do - there are many types of 
>> dynamic
>> chart.  Also your solution is version dependent - what version are you
>> using.  There are a lot of hard ways to do this, but there is also a very
>> elegant and easy way to handle it, depending on what you are actually 
>> trying
>> to do.  For example there is not need for dynamic range names in some 
>> cases.
>>
>> Please give us more info.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Shane Devenshire
>>
>> "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:FF77A61A-58A9-4629-90E1-20742E6A1EA3@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi all
>> > How can I  change an existing chart to be dynamic? In series I saw a 
>> > name
>> > in y axis only but no name of x axis.  How can I create a series for x
>> > axis?
>> > Thanks in advance
>> > Daniel
>>
>> 


0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
6/7/2007 9:28:16 PM
Hi Jon
Thanks for response,  I am using excel 2003, please give me more details 
step by step. How can I define data range?  Do I have to change reference in 
series?
Thanks
Daniel

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> If you're using Excel 2003, define the data range as a list (Data menu) and 
> as the list changes size, any formulas referencing the list (including the 
> chart SERIES formula) will update to include the entire length of the list. 
> If you're using Excel 2007, define the range as a Table, and it will behave 
> like an Excel 2003 List.
> 
> If you're using Excel 2002 or earlier, the dynamic approach using dynamic 
> names is in fact the easy way.
> 
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
> 
> 
> "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:59ED94E2-9D4F-42EF-8FFA-4297D6AB7706@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Shane
> >  I have an existing excel chart and I need to change it be dynamic which 
> > is
> > the chart will automatically expand and continue to graph.  I 've just 
> > learn
> > that the chart need to define names and add offset, counta functions.  But
> > that is the hard way and I want to learn the easy way.  I heard I can 
> > change
> > the series but do not clear about it. Thanks in advance
> > Daniel
> >
> > "Shane Devenshire" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Daniel,
> >>
> >> It's not clear what exactly you want to do - there are many types of 
> >> dynamic
> >> chart.  Also your solution is version dependent - what version are you
> >> using.  There are a lot of hard ways to do this, but there is also a very
> >> elegant and easy way to handle it, depending on what you are actually 
> >> trying
> >> to do.  For example there is not need for dynamic range names in some 
> >> cases.
> >>
> >> Please give us more info.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Shane Devenshire
> >>
> >> "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:FF77A61A-58A9-4629-90E1-20742E6A1EA3@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hi all
> >> > How can I  change an existing chart to be dynamic? In series I saw a 
> >> > name
> >> > in y axis only but no name of x axis.  How can I create a series for x
> >> > axis?
> >> > Thanks in advance
> >> > Daniel
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Daniel1 (174)
6/7/2007 11:47:00 PM
This List feature was what convinced me it was worth upgrading to 2003 
(haven't encountered the killer feature in 2007 yet).

The list should be structured like a flat database, with column labels in 
the first row of the list (needn't be the first row of the sheet), no blank 
rows or columns, and each row represents one record of the data. Select the 
range (or a single cell within the range and let Excel expand the 
selection), go to Date menu > List > Create List, or hit Ctrl + L.

Make sure your series formulas reference the data in the list by column. If 
the list has its column headers in row 3 and data in rows 4 through 20, if 
your formula includes all these rows of a column in the list, like 
=SUM($G$4:$G$20), if the list is expanded or contracted, the formula will 
automatically update so it still references the entire list.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
_______


"Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:AF2742E7-842C-4E32-8D5C-F2EB9AEBE671@microsoft.com...
> Hi Jon
> Thanks for response,  I am using excel 2003, please give me more details
> step by step. How can I define data range?  Do I have to change reference 
> in
> series?
> Thanks
> Daniel
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
>> If you're using Excel 2003, define the data range as a list (Data menu) 
>> and
>> as the list changes size, any formulas referencing the list (including 
>> the
>> chart SERIES formula) will update to include the entire length of the 
>> list.
>> If you're using Excel 2007, define the range as a Table, and it will 
>> behave
>> like an Excel 2003 List.
>>
>> If you're using Excel 2002 or earlier, the dynamic approach using dynamic
>> names is in fact the easy way.
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
>> _______
>>
>>
>> "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:59ED94E2-9D4F-42EF-8FFA-4297D6AB7706@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi Shane
>> >  I have an existing excel chart and I need to change it be dynamic 
>> > which
>> > is
>> > the chart will automatically expand and continue to graph.  I 've just
>> > learn
>> > that the chart need to define names and add offset, counta functions. 
>> > But
>> > that is the hard way and I want to learn the easy way.  I heard I can
>> > change
>> > the series but do not clear about it. Thanks in advance
>> > Daniel
>> >
>> > "Shane Devenshire" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Hi Daniel,
>> >>
>> >> It's not clear what exactly you want to do - there are many types of
>> >> dynamic
>> >> chart.  Also your solution is version dependent - what version are you
>> >> using.  There are a lot of hard ways to do this, but there is also a 
>> >> very
>> >> elegant and easy way to handle it, depending on what you are actually
>> >> trying
>> >> to do.  For example there is not need for dynamic range names in some
>> >> cases.
>> >>
>> >> Please give us more info.
>> >>
>> >> Cheers,
>> >> Shane Devenshire
>> >>
>> >> "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:FF77A61A-58A9-4629-90E1-20742E6A1EA3@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Hi all
>> >> > How can I  change an existing chart to be dynamic? In series I saw a
>> >> > name
>> >> > in y axis only but no name of x axis.  How can I create a series for 
>> >> > x
>> >> > axis?
>> >> > Thanks in advance
>> >> > Daniel
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
6/8/2007 12:20:04 PM
I meant to add that, like many features in Excel, the best way to learn 
about it is to try it out.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
_______


"Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message 
news:uNJqqdcqHHA.192@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> This List feature was what convinced me it was worth upgrading to 2003 
> (haven't encountered the killer feature in 2007 yet).
>
> The list should be structured like a flat database, with column labels in 
> the first row of the list (needn't be the first row of the sheet), no 
> blank rows or columns, and each row represents one record of the data. 
> Select the range (or a single cell within the range and let Excel expand 
> the selection), go to Date menu > List > Create List, or hit Ctrl + L.
>
> Make sure your series formulas reference the data in the list by column. 
> If the list has its column headers in row 3 and data in rows 4 through 20, 
> if your formula includes all these rows of a column in the list, like 
> =SUM($G$4:$G$20), if the list is expanded or contracted, the formula will 
> automatically update so it still references the entire list.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
>
>
> "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:AF2742E7-842C-4E32-8D5C-F2EB9AEBE671@microsoft.com...
>> Hi Jon
>> Thanks for response,  I am using excel 2003, please give me more details
>> step by step. How can I define data range?  Do I have to change reference 
>> in
>> series?
>> Thanks
>> Daniel
>>
>> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>>
>>> If you're using Excel 2003, define the data range as a list (Data menu) 
>>> and
>>> as the list changes size, any formulas referencing the list (including 
>>> the
>>> chart SERIES formula) will update to include the entire length of the 
>>> list.
>>> If you're using Excel 2007, define the range as a Table, and it will 
>>> behave
>>> like an Excel 2003 List.
>>>
>>> If you're using Excel 2002 or earlier, the dynamic approach using 
>>> dynamic
>>> names is in fact the easy way.
>>>
>>> - Jon
>>> -------
>>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>>> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
>>> _______
>>>
>>>
>>> "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> news:59ED94E2-9D4F-42EF-8FFA-4297D6AB7706@microsoft.com...
>>> > Hi Shane
>>> >  I have an existing excel chart and I need to change it be dynamic 
>>> > which
>>> > is
>>> > the chart will automatically expand and continue to graph.  I 've just
>>> > learn
>>> > that the chart need to define names and add offset, counta functions. 
>>> > But
>>> > that is the hard way and I want to learn the easy way.  I heard I can
>>> > change
>>> > the series but do not clear about it. Thanks in advance
>>> > Daniel
>>> >
>>> > "Shane Devenshire" wrote:
>>> >
>>> >> Hi Daniel,
>>> >>
>>> >> It's not clear what exactly you want to do - there are many types of
>>> >> dynamic
>>> >> chart.  Also your solution is version dependent - what version are 
>>> >> you
>>> >> using.  There are a lot of hard ways to do this, but there is also a 
>>> >> very
>>> >> elegant and easy way to handle it, depending on what you are actually
>>> >> trying
>>> >> to do.  For example there is not need for dynamic range names in some
>>> >> cases.
>>> >>
>>> >> Please give us more info.
>>> >>
>>> >> Cheers,
>>> >> Shane Devenshire
>>> >>
>>> >> "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> >> news:FF77A61A-58A9-4629-90E1-20742E6A1EA3@microsoft.com...
>>> >> > Hi all
>>> >> > How can I  change an existing chart to be dynamic? In series I saw 
>>> >> > a
>>> >> > name
>>> >> > in y axis only but no name of x axis.  How can I create a series 
>>> >> > for x
>>> >> > axis?
>>> >> > Thanks in advance
>>> >> > Daniel
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
> 


0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
6/8/2007 12:50:06 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

DL size limit change
We have a user thats trying to save a distribution list to the server. He is trying to save 95 names. We are using excg5.5, Is their a setting on the server that limits the amount of names that can be saved in a dl. If so can it be changed, and where can it be changed. Also does outlook have dl size limits, how can these be changed? Thanks in advance there is a limit on personal distribution lists - I think it is 165 members - but I have DLs on Exchange servers that contain over 2000 names. Anything that needs more members than that, I nest...how is your user trying to do this? only Ex...

Field changed from Single to Double issue..
I have an Access 2000 DB (I think it's 2000, it's whatever comes with Visual Studio 6.0).. Simply put, I have a field that is of type "Single" that contains the value 0.3. When I modify that field and make it "Double", access automatically converts the values, as it should, but returns 0.300001192 in the field.. I understand that there can be precision issues sometimes in comparisons and such, but is this NORMAL for Access to do as well? Is there any simple work around or patch? I suppose I can write an SQL statement to take care of this, but that isn...

Pie Chart Labels
I would like to label each section of my pie chart with the data the section represents (ie: each piece of the pie labeled). I can create a legend that sits on the right just fine, but one of the people I'm creating this for is color blind. This also poses a problem when printing in B&W. Any suggestion would be apperciated. Robert I suggest using the Excel charting ability. Access uses the same engine, but Excel's implementation is better. You can easily export the data to an Excel range which will be the datasource of your chart. Add the chart in Excel, then right-clic...

how to properly create new profile to use with existing pst file
OL 2002 SP3 Win XP HE SP1 *Follow-up to: microsoft.public.outlook* hi, it is possible that my current (default) OL profile has become corrupted. i need to create a NEW profile for troubleshooting purposes and see if it resolves current problems. the most important issue is: how do i create this new profile so that it uses my *current* pst file so that i can have a seamless process and continue where i "left off" in terms of all of the items contained in the *current* pst file, emails, appointments, addresses, etc.? do i just create new profile and tell it to "use *curr...

Changing Vendor ID on 1200 Inventory Cards
Is there an easy way to update one Vendor on 1200 Inventory cards with another vendor. I don't want to delete the first vendor I just want to add a vendor ID to these cards. All the item numbers have an identifing number. ie. all start with MEL Thanks, Gloria Do you want to replace the vendor on all the items with a new one? Write a sql script like: update IV00103 set VENDORID='yournewvendor' where ITEMNMBR like 'MEL%' If there are no vendors assigned to the items and you want to add records, then you will need to do an insert statement into the IV00103 with t...

Changing space before and after paragraphs does nothing
I am using PP 2003. I am trying to format text in a text box within an existing presentation. I set the line spacing for the whole text box, and that works fine. However, changing the line spacing before and after parapraphs does absolutely nothing. I have checked to make sure that I have put hard returns in to separate paragraphs, not soft returns. This problem does not happen if I create a new presentation from scratch. However, I cannot afford to start from scratch, as I am editing a very long, existing presentation, and it would take me forever to start all over again. Something i...

Need to dynamically re-center a form
Hi everyone, I have an Access form which I'm dynamically sizing based on the number of entries in a list box. Simple code to dynamically re-center it doesn't quite seem to be working as I would expect (AutoCenter is on, then simply move form up by half the difference of height change). I realize that algorithm won't be perfect, due to things like title bar height, but I would've thought it would be close enough. Instead, with large numbers of entries in the list box, my form goes WAY above the top of the Access "work area" (i.e., the usable display area aft...

How do you name a chart?
How do change the name of a chart (Chart1, Chart2, ...). I had some VBA code that activated a chart. I deleted and rebuilt the chart a few times, and then had problems deterimining the new chart name. I ended up recording a macro, selecting the chart, and examining the macro code to determine what the new chart name was. Is there an easier way to name a chart, or find out what it's name is? Thanks. Press Ctrl, and then click the chart (this selects it as an object). Then, type the new name in the Name box (to the left of the formula bar) and press Enter. John Walkenbach For Excel ...

chart question #2
I have 2 sheets: (more as time comes). Jan 05 - sheet 1 - sales problems - support problems - operations problems - finance problems Feb 05 - sheet 2 - sales problems - support problems - operations problems - finance problems I need to graph these 2 sheets with same categories but different total percentages of the month using the chart bars to show the changes for the same category (side by side) in a year... confused yet? :) can you give me a hint on how to do this and the formula if there are any. Well, if it were me, I'd probably put the data that you are graphing on the...

Hierarchy and Organizational Charts
We'd like to understand the hierarchy of individuals and roles within a given account (actually, ideally we'd have an org chart that could be visually generated). How can this be done? I haven't used their product, but I came across this add-on that provides the ability to make org charts within CRM entities: http://www.salescentric.com/glance.html There are probably others out there as well. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Jasonh" wrote: > We'd like to understand the hierarchy of individuals and roles within a given > account...

OE6 email font
When I create an email, I like to use the Bookman font. OE will not let me change it to this and the font size only changes slightly when I choose a new font size. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlook...

date problem--excel changing entry
I want date to show as 11/05/03 and not have to enter the / or a -. Have formatted cells to date and that but excel ix changing to a totally different date----7/19/06? You could use a macro that converts numeric entries to dates. Chip Pearson has shared his: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Or if you're consistent (leading 0's for days and months), you could format the column(s) as text, do your data entry and then use data|text to columns to convert them to real dates (choose mdy as the field type). D Blount wrote: > > I want date to show as 11/05/03 and...

Automatically update charts for only the most current 12 months?
I am trying to update 8 different charts in one workbook. The charts are based off of one table that is a running total for 1997-2005 and is continually being updated monthly. The charts only show the most current 12 months. How can I make the charts get updated automatically. The data is entered in column by column. See Dynamic Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html particularly example 2 -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <6F0602...

From Excel to VBA Chart appearance
Does anyone know when you move an application out of excel to a vba platform, is there any loss in quality and capabilities in the charts? Kind regards, Mark Mark Both of your questions have gone unanswered and I suspect it is a confusion. To get the data to any type of chart object/applet you would need to automate XL. While you are doing that, why would you want to *not* use XL's charting features, via the same automation? Is there something missing in XL's features. If you are using automation, then by default, you are using XL's charting object and there will be ...

changing field size
Hello there if i have form with data that i present as datasheet is there a way to diterme the field size by code? hi Roy, Roy Goldhammer wrote: > if i have form with data that i present as datasheet is there a way to > diterme the field size by code? Take a look at the object explorer in the VBA IDE: go to the VBA IDE and press F2. Search for TextBox and examine the column properties. mfG --> stefan <-- Thankes Stefen i found out the Column with property for that. Now is there a way so set the size of texbox or checkbox in datasheet view automaticly by the largest...

Changing Background Color Only
I have a table in the middle of my sheet. The background is just the normal white cells. I want to change the entire background to a solid color, but I just can't get it to work. Here is what I tried. I highlighted my table, held down the ctrl key, then highlighted the entire page, and then filled in the color...but this doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks If you want just the table to be coloured, then highlight the cells making up the table and click on the fill colour icon from the formatting toolbar (if visible - if not then Format | Cells | Patterns) and then click the co...

Handler already exists error
When trying to load certain pages the status bar indicates DONE with errors. When I look at the error it states handler already exists. ???? Help??? Kimy wrote: > When trying to load certain pages the status bar indicates DONE > with errors. When I look at the error it states handler already > exists. ???? Help??? Don't go to the 'certain pages'... Or explain in more detail what it is you are doing, what operating system you are using, what service pack said operating system is at, what browser (exact version) you are using and why you think this has somet...

can not change size of windows for word or excel docs #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Often when I open an excel or word document it opens in a small window in the upper left corner. i can not resize or enlarge the viewing window. I have tried dragging the lower right corner, toggling the green and yellow buttons on the top left, changing the VIEW and selecting the "FULL SCREEN" optin in the VIEW menu. It sounds like you've not applied the necessary updates to Office - SP2 (12.2.0) & 12.2.1, and possibly not the OS X 10.6.1 update. Especially if you're using Spaces the windowin...

Conditional Formatting for Charts
Hi all, I understand the concept of conditional formatting in spreadsheets in XL 2003 just fine. Can the same functionality be extened to XL Charts? I am thinking it has to be a VBA solution, which is not a problem. I just wanted a sanity or insanity check before doing it all with VBA. Looking for evaluating values and formatting differently and finding test strings and formatting them in same color. Best example there is Coke vs. Pepsi. Coke should always be Red and Pepsi should always be Blue no matter where they show up in something like a Share of Market Chart. Coke is highest share...

how do i change a value of a node?
i keep getting Object references not set to an instance of an object from this code: Private Sub EqBinding() Dim x As Integer x = 0 Do If CStr(arlsType.Item(x)) = "Bacnet Point" Then Dim str1, str2 As String str1 = CStr(arlsFilePath.Item(x)) str1 = str1.Substring(0, str1.LastIndexOf(".")) str1 = str1.Remove(0, 42) str2 = str1 + "_" + CStr(arlsBacNetType.Item(x)) + "." + CStr(arlsInstNum.Item(x)) Dim xDoc As New Xml.XmlDo...

Item Class Setup does not roll down changes to all the items inclued in a class
I am using Gp 10 SP4 with SQL 2005 SP2 Whenever I try to make any change in my item Class setup; by updating the account number and try to save it while GP gives a warning message and asks for roll down the change to apply to all the items included in that class. Guess what ? The system roll downs to only first few and then exits without making any further change, hence leaving no option but to make the change manually which a hard long laborious job. I wonder why it would do that and if there is any fix or root cause for this bug ? Regards, ...

need chart that displays overlap/duplication between two entities
I'm trying to show the audience overlap/duplication between web site A and web sites b through F. THe amount is small ranging from .02% to .18% so the scale is difficult. Any ideas? You can manually change scales on any charts. Click on either the X-axis or Y axis and the axis will be hightlighted. then click again to open the properties. You can change tthe min value and max value to get more precies details on the charts. "Bsacco" wrote: > I'm trying to show the audience overlap/duplication between web site A and > web sites b through F. > > THe ...

On scatter chart, how can data points be moved with curser?
EXCEL 2003 allows data pointa on a scatter chart to be draged from one location to another. I use this feature a lot to fit an equation with dummy data points to actual data points. I am unable to do this in EXCEL 2007. I have asked others with this new system and they were not able find a way to do it either. Has this function been removed? How can this feature be activated. According to MS documentation:- "Direct manipulation of data points: In the past, you could select a data point in a chart and move it — which also changed the underlying data. This rarely use...

Chart percentage is wrong
A data value is exactly 29% (29.00000000000 etc.) of the total, but when I create a chart, rounding (I guess) causes that value to be shown as 28%. I understand the rounding issue, but because the data is whole numbers that add up to $1,000,000.00, this stands out and makes the chart look wrong. Is there some way to have the chart calculate percentages to another place or 2 so the rounding isn't such a problem? Or ??? If the total is exactly 1,000,000 then a value would have to be less than 285,000 to round to 28%. Other than that, it is difficult to say much since you have provide...

Simple Number Formatting on Chart Axes
(Excel 2007) For the majority of charts I make, I need to adjust the number formatting -- generally just removing a few decimal places, formatting as %, etc. In Excel 2003, you used the "fewer decimal places" formatting button or the "%" button or whatever simple format you wanted and that was it. In Excel 2007, the formatting commands on the ribbon are greyed out when I'm in a chart -- and the only way I can figure out to do that same one-button task is the following: 1) select the axis, 2) right click, choose format axis 3) click on the number tab in the f...