Change Display Order in Charts

I have an X-Y chart with a cloud of points and a line.  When the chart plots,
the line is always hidden behind the cloud of points.  Can I bring the line
to the top so it becomes visible?  I tried making the line first and last,
but it always ends up behind the cloud.

Thank you.
0
lesy99 (2)

Lines for a given chart group (group of data series) are plotted behind
points of that same chart group in an XY chart. However, you can change the
chart group by changing the axis on which the chart group is plotted. Make
the plot with one series formatted as markers only and another as lines
only, double click the line-formatted series, and on the Axis tab, choose
secondary. The line is now drawn in front of the markers.

To make sure the series use the same axis scales, delete the visible
secondary axes. The secondary series will still be considered as part of the
secondary chart group, but lacking secondary axes, it will use the primary
axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"lesy99" <lesy99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an X-Y chart with a cloud of points and a line.  When the chart
>plots,
> the line is always hidden behind the cloud of points.  Can I bring the
> line
> to the top so it becomes visible?  I tried making the line first and last,
> but it always ends up behind the cloud.
>
> Thank you.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Plotting a chart on two axis
I am trying to plot a line chart on two axis with more than two series. e.g. series 1 = price, series 2 = %, series 3 = %, series 4 = %. Excel decides which series is plotted against which axis, how can I determine this instead? Thanks Luke Luke Dodimead wrote: > *Excel decides which series is > plotted against which axis, how can I determine this > instead?* Right-click on the series, select "Format", then select the "Axis" ta and you can choose against which axis that series will plot -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Luke - Draw the ch...

How to change font/spacing for Outlook 2007 calendar month view?
The font and line spacing on the Outlook 2007 calendar month view makes it very difficult to read my appointments. How can I change 1) the font size, and 2) the space between lines? kgduke;146968 Wrote: > The font and line spacing on the Outlook 2007 calendar month view makes > it > very difficult to read my appointments. How can I change 1) the font > size, > and 2) the space between lines? 1. Right click on the calendar and choose Other settings to change the font. 2. You can't. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP] Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlo...

How to count rows with changing data
I have an imported list on sheet2 and it is maybe 100 rows. Each day the data is imported the dates change along with the type of record associated with each date. Say this week there are 25 rows with 11/13, 20 rows with 11/14 and 25 rows with 11/15 and 30 rows with 11/16. Mixed in with this each of these dates might have a different type of record (each type has 4 options.) I need to be able to do the following: 1.) I need to count the number of occurrences for each date and not only show the total count but also show the date that is counted as the label. 2.)count the...

Excel Charts
Hi all , Can somebody give me information about any vendor providing a tool to that integrates Great plains data with Excel Charts and Graphs. Thanks in advance I would recommend Analysis Cubes for Excel (? not sure if that's still the name). It's the "BI" solution that MS bought from Professional Advantage. It is not too expensive, and will save you a lot of hours if you are currently doing a lot of 'reporting' thru smartlists. It is very use-able out of the box, and can also be customized with the help of the developers. Hope this helps, Maria. "vija...

Displaying report filters on Excel Pivot Tables
I am using pivot charts to display different departments' data, over the course of the year. When looking at the graph, I often filter it to see just one department. When viewing and printing, I would like to be able to see which department the chart is filtered on. Is there a way to do this? ...

Transferring orders to invoice slow
Hi, how long should/does it take to transfer an order to invoice? For us, it seems to take about a minute per order and when posting a batch of 400+ orders it takes all day to finish. In addition, it takes up a lot of system resource making GP run extremely slow for all other users. Anyone else experience this issue in their environment? Where can I look for to speed things up? TIA. ...

Displaying a cell's value versus it's formula
I have created an amortization schedule. When you click on a cell the toolbar shows the formula I used instead of the dollar value. I don't want anyone to know the formula I used so I want only the value show in the cell. I know you can click on a cell and F2 and then F9 to calculate the value, but I don't want to do that to calculate each individual cell. Is there a faster way to do the whole schedule at once? Thank you, Kris If you lock your cell, and protect the workbook, you can hide the formulas and just see the results. Select your range to lock Format|cells|Protect...

Changing the controls' size on the dialog
I have several controls on dialog. And the dialog is sizable. I want to change the controls size according to the dialog's size. What is the easy way to do that? http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/W-D/dislog/resizabledialogs/article.php/c1989 "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1146251529.491759.108270@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I have several controls on dialog. And the dialog is sizable. I want to > change the controls size according to the dialog's size. What is the > easy way to do that? > This one works pretty good. http://www.code...

changing font size
I use Styles to define 3 or 4 different combinations of font, size, alignment etc. If I save and close the document, then come back to it some time later, I often find that font sizes have been changed. For example if I set a style called "Detail" at Garamond 12 Italic, when I reopen the document "Detail" may have been reset to Garamond 10 Italic, and this may have happened to several other styles as well. Does anyone have any idea what's happening? Publisher 2003 under Win XP Pro. Thanks in advance! Did you install the updates to Publisher 2003? -- H...

Question about automatically changing the cell�s color
How could I make the cell changes its color automatically based on the type of information I enter. Thanks, for any help almufadda@hotmail.com ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try Conditional Formatting (CD) For example: Suppose you want the cell's background color to change to light green if the value entered is > 10 Click on A1 Click Format > Conditional Formatting Set under Condition 1: Cell Value Is | greater than | 10 Click Format b...

Chart repeats in report
Hi, I have form based charts and tables and reports as sub-objects in one report, "Appendix". This takes one report header and nine section headers, no footers or detail section used. However, I noticed, as I built "Appendix", that a peculiar effect has happened, which to my, ignorant eye appears to be random. The effect is that some charts are repeated on the next page, and the following pages, for several more pages. As they repeat they gradually change vertical height on the Appendix report's pages. That is, the same chart (or table) repeats on several ...

I want to make a two tone chart background
I am creating a chart and want the chart background above a certain value to be of a different color (to indicate a maximum allowable value has been exceeded). An alternative would be to jus have the gridline & axis value of a different color/thickness/etc Basically, you'll need to create some dummy series. Jon Peltier gives excellent examples of how to create horizontal bands here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/HorizBands.html Other background fills: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BackgroundFill.html -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes"...

Changing lowercase to uppercase in the Contacts list index
I am a vision impaired user who has often thought that it would be helpful to be able to see the alphabet that is vertically placed at the right side of the address book display. I have never been able to find a way to change this display and have concluded that I am stuck with the lower case letters. Anyone know of a way to change this setting? Thanks. It can't be changed. There is at least one tool that adds an index - not sure if it would help you though - see http://alphabet.4team.biz/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.n...

Calculation Order problem. #2
Bump... sry about the bump, but i'm desperate for a solution to this. -- ICE9 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ICE9's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=265139 ...

how to change the font color in the subject line
i like to know if i could change the font color (red, blue,...) in the subject line? if yes, please advise the steps. thanks, cwong668 you can't for sent messages, but you can change the look in your inbox by using views - specifically the automatic formatting option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com J...

Need 2 rows to display X axis data points for a line graph
X axis is 100 data points, and all must be displayed. They do display, but are all mushed up. In Corel, you have the option to display the X axis on up to 3 rows, with interspersed tick marks. In Excel, I seem to be able only to manipulate the number of categories between tick marks and tick mark labels, but can't stagger data onto multiple rows. Any ideas or add-ins I could try? Excel 2002. Thanks, Susan This web page gives a suggestion for staggering your labels: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Staggered.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technic...

Macro to update Chart #2
I'm trying to create a macro that will update a dashboard of charts by pushing a button. The data resides in the same excel file but different page and the dashboard contains approx 7 charts. The charts are updated quarterly and rather than having to go into each one and shift the source data I would like to automate it....any ideas? I'm a novice to macros! -- lajohn63 Why use a macro? Make dynamic charts: Dynamic Charts - http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/dynamic-charts/ Dynamic and Interactive Charts (overview) - http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ...

How to chart security indices?
Hi, I have four columns each containing values for different stock securities. I would like to chart these columns in a line chart with a line for each column. But I would like to chart the index value as opposed to the actual value. Does anyone know how to do this? By index value I mean (1 + ((CurrVal - StartVal) / StartVal) * 1000) where 1000 is the base index value. Or if anyone knows of a more clever approach to measuring percent price changes please let me know. Thanks! Marcus - Assuming your dates are in column A and your stock prices in B:E, you would put formulas in columns F...

Changing border thickness
I have a custom dialog box class that overrides the frame/ background drawing. I want to change the thickness of the frame border as well. The window should resize to accomodate the wider border; the client area should remain unchanged. This is what I have now: CMyDialog::OnNcCalcSize( BOOL bCalcValidRects, NCCALCSIZE_PARAMS* lpncsp ) { CDialog::OnNcCalcSize( bCalcValidRects, lpncsp ); RECT rect; GetWindowRect( &rect ); rect.left -= m_pSkin->nBorderWidth; rect.top -= m_pSkin->nBorderWidth; rect.right += m_pSkin->nBorderWidth; rect.bottom += m_pS...

Display Data Table in chart but don't show plot area
I am using Excel 2003. I have created some charts/graphs with data tables, chart titles, etc. My customer only wants to see the data table and chart title for each graph. Is there a way to turn off the plot area and change the size of the chart so that the chart title is close to the data table? But the data table merely reflects what is in the cells used to make the chart! Why not just display that data in a new format? Or am I missing something? best wished -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "RW" <RW@discussi...

Chart printed in real measurements
Suppose I have two colums of data. Article -- Length/Centimeters 10 -- 5,5 20 -- 0 30 -- 6,7 40 -- 7,7 50 -- 8,9 I want a Excel bar chart (that's easy) but when the chart is printed on my laserprinter, the length of the bar per article should be the effective length in centimeters on the printed page... Anyone -- SelzhanikPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces ...

How will this work: Changing bill payer from MSN Bill Pay to my bank
My one year of MSN Bill Pay premium service, included in M03 dlx is close to expiring. So I am planning to use the service from my bank, (their bill payment service is fully integrated with Money ... they say). I'd like to know how all the payees I've setup in M03 will function if I switch Bill Pay providers?, or if anyone has any experience switching like this? For example, several payee's I've setup in M03 cannot be deleted, nor can their name be edited. I'm sure there's a reason for this, although I don't know exactly what it is, (my guess is there'...

Combobox display on startup
Hi There is probably a very simple answer to this but I can't find it... I have designed a spreadsheet were the end user can select the data to view by selecting the Year from a range of years and Category from a range of categories. When the file is reopened the Comboboxes no longer display the selection; how do I get round this please? -- Thanks Richard Hi Richard, First question: did you get the Combo boxes from the "Control" command bar or the "Forms" command bar? Basically, each one is a different (albeit similar) control. For further info, see this l...

Changing the domain where CRM is located
Hi, I'm installing a new domain controller on my network and I'm also changing the name of the domain. CRM 3.0 is located on its own box (SQL is stored on the same box), will the CRM 3.0 Redeployment Tool do everything I need to move CRM to the new domain? CRM will remain on the same box, I just need to connect the box to the new domain. Thanks in advanced. Regards, Cam The redeployment tool should work for this. You will need to run the export from the current system while it is still functioning. Then, follow the steps to "install" it on the servers after the...

How to change default appointment length
This one has been driving me crazy for a while - I want my default appointment length to be in 15 minute increments, not 30 minutes.. There is apparently no way to do this which "sticks." While I can change the time increments in the "weekly" view to 15 minutes per section, that works. But I can't minimize the calendar to see the work day unless it is set to 30 minutes. New appointments will always then default to 30 minutes, even if I set it in the settings (by right clicking) to 15 minutes. Set up the weekly view to 15 minutes and try to use the monthly view. No luck...