CHANGE DATA SERIES WITH A COMMAND BUTTON

		A	B	C	D	E	F
1	Ray	1	3	5	7	9	11
2	Maureen	2	4	6	8	10	12
3	Sharon	3	5	7	9	11	13
4	Tim	4	6	8	10	12	14
5	Katie	5	7	9	11	13	15
6	Carl	6	8	10	12	14	16
The above table shows a set of made up data. I would like to be able to
automate the data I select to chart. Each time i do make a chart it should
plot the top row as the x axis and then the relevant data for the particular
person. ie 3,5,7,9,11,13 for Sharon. Can anyone suggest how this may be done
by perhaps using a combo box or some other means . Thank you

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Raymond Willis" <RaymondWillis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> A B C D E F
> 1 Ray 1 3 5 7 9 11
> 2 Maureen 2 4 6 8 10 12
> 3 Sharon 3 5 7 9 11 13
> 4 Tim 4 6 8 10 12 14
> 5 Katie 5 7 9 11 13 15
> 6 Carl 6 8 10 12 14 16
> The above table shows a set of made up data. I would like to be able to
> automate the data I select to chart. Each time i do make a chart it should
> plot the top row as the x axis and then the relevant data for the
> particular
> person. ie 3,5,7,9,11,13 for Sharon. Can anyone suggest how this may be
> done
> by perhaps using a combo box or some other means . Thank you

I have had a useful supply and the zipped file works fine. However when I
select a combo box in Excel 2002 I do not get the control when I right click.
The only way I can enter the linked cell and range is by goin into
prpoerties. When I do this it still does not work. All I have is an empty
combo box. There seems to be no help within excel about combo boxes. Can any
one help to show me how to get the combo box to work in excel 2002 so that I
have a drop down list  and when I choose the linked cell updates to this
value.  Thank you

"Raymond Willis" wrote:

> 		A	B	C	D	E	F
> 1	Ray	1	3	5	7	9	11
> 2	Maureen	2	4	6	8	10	12
> 3	Sharon	3	5	7	9	11	13
> 4	Tim	4	6	8	10	12	14
> 5	Katie	5	7	9	11	13	15
> 6	Carl	6	8	10	12	14	16
> The above table shows a set of made up data. I would like to be able to
> automate the data I select to chart. Each time i do make a chart it should
> plot the top row as the x axis and then the relevant data for the particular
> person. ie 3,5,7,9,11,13 for Sharon. Can anyone suggest how this may be done
> by perhaps using a combo box or some other means . Thank you
The zipped file worked fine and I would be able to use this but in excel 2002
I do n ot seem to get the control ion the combo box to enter the linked cell
and range. I have tried to do this through "properties" and have added in the
linked cell and range but to no effect. Can anyone explain how in excel 2002
when you have select a combo box you can get a list to show so that when you
select the required value the linked cell is updates. Thank you

"Raymond Willis" wrote:

> 		A	B	C	D	E	F
> 1	Ray	1	3	5	7	9	11
> 2	Maureen	2	4	6	8	10	12
> 3	Sharon	3	5	7	9	11	13
> 4	Tim	4	6	8	10	12	14
> 5	Katie	5	7	9	11	13	15
> 6	Carl	6	8	10	12	14	16
> The above table shows a set of made up data. I would like to be able to
> automate the data I select to chart. Each time i do make a chart it should
> plot the top row as the x axis and then the relevant data for the particular
> person. ie 3,5,7,9,11,13 for Sharon. Can anyone suggest how this may be done
> by perhaps using a combo box or some other means . Thank you
In any version of Excel from 97 to 2003, there are two types of controls you
can add to a worksheet. These are from the Forms toolbar or from the
Controls Toolbox. In the example in the website, I used a combo box from the
Forms toolbar, but it seems you used one from the Controls Toolbox. The
controls work in a similar fashion, but there are subtle differences which
may be leading to your difficulties. For one, the Forms ComboBox's linked
cell contains the index of the selected item, while the Controls Toolbox
ComboBox's linked cell contains the actual text label of the selected item.
This by itself could be interfering with the dynamic ranges. Try the same
procedure with the Forms toolbar ComboBox.

- Jon
-------

> The zipped file worked fine and I would be able to use this but in excel
> 2002
> I do n ot seem to get the control ion the combo box to enter the linked
> cell
> and range. I have tried to do this through "properties" and have added in
> the
> linked cell and range but to no effect. Can anyone explain how in excel
> 2002
> when you have select a combo box you can get a list to show so that when
> you
> select the required value the linked cell is updates. Thank you
>
> "Raymond Willis" wrote:
>
>> A B C D E F
>> 1 Ray 1 3 5 7 9 11
>> 2 Maureen 2 4 6 8 10 12
>> 3 Sharon 3 5 7 9 11 13
>> 4 Tim 4 6 8 10 12 14
>> 5 Katie 5 7 9 11 13 15
>> 6 Carl 6 8 10 12 14 16
>> The above table shows a set of made up data. I would like to be able to
>> automate the data I select to chart. Each time i do make a chart it
>> should
>> plot the top row as the x axis and then the relevant data for the
>> particular
>> person. ie 3,5,7,9,11,13 for Sharon. Can anyone suggest how this may be
>> done
>> by perhaps using a combo box or some other means . Thank you

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
12/5/2005 1:03:58 AM
Thanks again. A great service.

0
rfwillis (3)

Change from symbol language to english
Hi There, My issue is that when I open word documents from a certain person, they come out looking like a whole heap of "goobly gook" and are totally unreadable. I'm using Word 2003 and am not sure what version he's using. Eg of Goobly Gook: !šˆ–\"EÑÎÌÎÎnÒɶ*£5ø ­ÉØ8 ± Œ´J›EÆ>f/ñ=‹ £Di Now I know he's not writing to me in a foreign language of any sort, and he's not using a special code that only we know, so how can I fix this so it's readable in...

Category color changes when changing values.
When I copy a chart I get two identical ones. When I change the values of one of the charts and sort the values, Excel changes the colors of the categories to a preset order, so that the color of the biggest customer in chart 1 is not the same as this same customer (let's say now on the third place) in chart 2. Is there a way to prevent this? ...

Change Account Setup
How do I change an account from "Online" to "Manual" for updates? I did this recently by going to Tools - Internet Updates - Customize Updates, and removing the password (i.e. just blanking it out) for the account in question. The first time it tries to update after you do this, Money gets irritated that there's no password, and then you get the opportunity to tell Money you don't want online updates for this account anymore. (I use M05 btw). -- Joaneee "SEABEE" wrote: > How do I change an account from "Online" to "Manual&quo...

Button/Macro Not Working, Help!
I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre-define views. The macro works fine only after I use Report Manager the firs time. If I exit my workbook and Excel, then return to it, th button/macro does not function. Nothing happens until I manully us Report Manager again. Is there a bug with this or am I missin something -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Post your code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 20 May 2004 08:38:55 -0500, baston <<baston.16k4at@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre...

Changing text size
Hi, We enter all our customers in our database in all caps (text) for the names, and addresses. But when you put in the zip code and the database auto finds the town and state it is put in upper, and lower case. Is there a way to change this default to all caps for the auto fill. I am experienced in editing xml. files ( just a note) Any help would be appreciated.....Dennis No, there's no way to change that in the front end, that's something that is happening at display time and is meant to make the data more readable. You could enter a suggestion on Customer Sou...

Changing the Tooltip text in an SDI Toolbar
I've been trying to find a way to change the tootip info for a toolbar. Currently, I've tried getting the toolbar CToolBarCtrl and CToolTipCtrl objects but haven't been able to figure out what to do with them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken If you are talking about tooltip info of a particular button on a toolbar, change it in resource editor by double clicking on the button and changing the text that appears at the bottom of the dialog. Text that appears before \n is tootip. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ken Slight" <kslight@char...

Change a series w/ a ComboBox
I would like to change a range name refernced in a charted series by using a control combobox so that if i want to see a differnt series, all i have to do is select it. I was thinking of using a lookup function that refernces the numerical output of the control but the series formula won't read the formula or a cell reference as text. =SERIES(OAS!$A$11,'Index-HistoricalPricing ML Vers 2.xls'! DATE,'Index-HistoricalPricing ML Vers 2.xls'!Chemicals,1) Chemicals is the range name, is there a way to replace it with a formula or cell refernce. I can probably code this b...

Can I make a database in Word with Excel Data
I know this may be a "DUH" question, but... I am making a list of area dentists that I have copied and pasted of of the Dex website into Excel. I am wondering if I can take this inf and make a database in Word for printing address labels. Does anyon know if this can be done, and HOW?:confused -- Myn77 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myn777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2958 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49283 For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the...

CRM 4.0 Report Deployment
Hi When I deploy a custom report (through Web UI) and run it, no data is displayed. The report header, footer, etc, display, but there is no data. To simplify the problem I created a very simple report with no parameters, which selects all from filteredsystemuser, and the problem was the same. This is in a test VPC, the whole environment is contained in the VPC. I am developing/publishing/viewing as the CRM administrator. The steps I took were: - Created a new report in Business Intelligence Development Studio using Wizard (installed in VPC) - Created a new DataSet called dsTest with a new D...

Signatures have stopped changing
I have 3 email addresses with 3 ISP's coming into Outlook. I have created 3 different signature files for each one. Until last week when I opened up a new message to create an email and then changed the account that it was going to go out on, the signature that was attached at the bottom of the blank message changed to the appropriate file. However this has now stopped and I cannot get the appropriate signature file to be attached to the bottom of the message. The only one that comes up is the file that is attached to the default email address. Thanks in advance for your help....

Change opening postion /Form
From my Main Form I have a control that open a smaller form overtop of main Form, It always opens in the middle of my Main Form, can I reposition it to open higher on my Main Form, Thanks for any Help.....Bob On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:13:29 +1200, Bob V wrote: > From my Main Form I have a control that open a smaller form overtop of main > Form, It always opens in the middle of my Main Form, can I reposition it to > open higher on my Main Form, > Thanks for any Help.....Bob Look up the MoveSize method in VBA help. DoCmd.MoveSize 2 *1440, 3 * 1440 will position a form 2 inch...

data validation
Is it possible to create a similar function like data validation, from which I can select multiple options? (Background: I need a list of many names, from which I case by case can select). Not really. Maybe you could use a listbox. I added a listbox from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet. I called it "List Box 1". I rightclicked on that listbox and chose Format Control. On the Control tab, I chose Selection Type of Multi. I also pointed at the range that held the values that go in that listbox. Then I added a button from the Forms toolbar (I click the button when I'm d...

Updateing data when closing forms
I am using MS Access 2000 I have a table that has several required fields. I developed a form to add records to the table. In addition to the table fields, the form has a form-close button constructed with the button wizard. When I enter a record that does not have the required information and close the form with the “Close Window” (X) button on the tool bar, the appropriate error message appears telling me that there is missing data. (Just what I want) When I use the close button on the form, the form closes with no message and without adding the record. How do I give the button on the f...

Graph Data Values
I am trying to create a pick and mix graph that shows forecast spen against actual spend by a selected business area. I somehow want to create a graph on the fly based on the selections fo example: If I choose company one and want to see the contracted data I want th graph to pick up the forcasted contracted Labour, Passthru and Othe and show the combined contracted actuals; See attached; and if i then choose company 2 then graph will pick up the releven ranges? HELP!! Attachment filename: help.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachmen...

Grayed out Close button on Title bar
Help, The Close button is unavailable. Is there a fix for this problem or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall. Repairing Excel did not fix this problem. TIA, Elena Do you use Groupwise? "Elena" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13fe01c48c38$31b26a90$a601280a@phx.gbl... : Help, : The Close button is unavailable. Is there a fix for this : problem or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall. : Repairing Excel did not fix this problem. : : TIA, : Elena just to add to lady layla's response: xl: close button is dimmed after groupwise ...

How do I import data from a SECURED website into Excel?
I can import data from a regular web page directly into Excel spreadsheet, but when I tried importing them from a secured site I encountered problems. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Help; how do i change the waiting circle (in IE tab) to anything e
I am making a website and i have a lot of wait time for my server-side pages to do their work. The waiting circle icon gives me a headache so I would like to change that to something else please. I remember IE6 had a great Microsoft Flag logo that would wave while a page would load. Could I get IE8 to use this logo? Sorry Trozza, you can't. "Trozza Mited" <Trozza Mited@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C401644-2391-4317-92BD-D7F3DFD2B06C@microsoft.com... > I am making a website and i have a lot of wait time for my server-side > p...

Lookup Wizard changing Data Type
I am trying to make Lookups from Table Field to Table Field and generally it seems OK. However the LookupWizard is changing the Data Type from Text to Number (I guess it's looking at the ID?) Data picked from Combo Box 'looks' OK in Table view A Query view is asking for a number but displays the Text field value when a valid ID number is added. Viewing Results in FrontPage Database Wizard, and using hand coded .asp querie, it's showing the ID field value. I can see why... Any ideas? Merci. Yes, the wizard isn't the problem it's the use of Lookup Fields in ...

retrieving data from Great Plains via eConnect
Hi, I've been working with eConnect for the last two weeks and have had success with importing a variety of transactions into Great Plains. However, I'd like to query Great Plains on demand and have data returned to me. For example, given a certain field value (like customer name = "Smith"), I'd like to have all customer records returned that match that specified value. Is there any way to do this easily with eConnect? I'm not so interested in the Transaction Requester Service because that seems to be focused more on automatically returning records that have...

Investmentmap.com : Learning Series :Richard Donchian
A must Read for the Successful Trader Richard Donchian - A Trading Legend's Strategy Unveiled... Richard Donchian was born in Hartford, Connecticut in September 1905 ( over 100 years ago) and although the vast majority of traders have never heard of him yet, he is one of the most influential traders of all time and the father of technical trend following. Many modern trend following systems, such as the Turtle Trading system, are based on his work and legendary trader Richard Dennis was a huge fan and Ed Seykota used him as an inspiration. Richard Donchian didn't begin trading his ...

Tracking Changes

Changing mind about sending message
How does one cancel a sent message? I changed my mind about one that I sent and now I want to cancel it. I can do this with Internet Explorer, but can't seem to find the option in Outlook Express. Thanks. Shari Next time, post in an Outlook Express group - this is not one of them. This group supports Outlook from the MIcrosoft Office suite - Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. AFAIK, Outlook Express does not have support for message recall and only Outlook when using an Exchange server has a somewhat flaky message recall function. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlo...

How do I link data to a chart from multiple worksheets?
I've created a graph that I want to show data from multiple sheets in the workbook. How do I do that? There are limits to how you can combine data from different sheets. This article describes them. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DF7D186-9426-4B54-A322-FE485FD20529@microsoft.com... > I've created a graph that I want to...

Extracting data from one sheet to another
I have a speadsheet with 390 rows and 80 columns. For each column, I wish to copy a range of cells and place them in rows so I can create a separate table for each item represented by the column. For instance, I would like to take the data from the range B10:B15 and place that into a range A1:E1, and then data from range C10:C15 and place into a range G1:K1, D10:D15 into I1:M1 and then B16:B21 into A2:E2, C16:C21 into G2:K2, etc, etc, etc I could do this manually, but it could take a while. I was wondering if there was an easier way to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) ?
Is this technology still current or is there something better to use? Can I use CDO to access Outlook on a non server operating system? Thanks Tom ...