Change Chart Size

I was wondering if anyone knows how I can change the sizes of charts in
excel.  But i dont want to just resize by dragging the corners, i want to
lock the aspect ratio, and change the width to 3.5 inches.  So basically, i
want to change the width of each chart to 3.5 inches exactly.

Another problem I am having is when I copy and paste a chart from excel into
powerpoint, all the changes to the size and text I made get changed so its
not the copy I wanted.  Is there any way to change this.
0
bhavesh (6)

1) Resize using aspect ratio only after the chart is sucessfully in
Powerpoint.

2) You get charts into Powerpoint:

Create the chart in a new Tab in Excel (Right click on a tab at the bottom
of your Sheet.  Select "Insert" then "Chart"... you get a new Tab.. follow
instructions and create your chart)

Alter size and font size within the chart tab before copying.

After completing the chart, select the chart and "Copy".
Go to Powerpoint and simply Paste.

It should past without resizing.

3) Resize the chart in powerpoint... using aspect ratio:

Right click on the chart object.
Format Object
Size

You will then be on a control panel which allows you to resize with aspects
etc...

Hope this helps

"bhavesh" wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knows how I can change the sizes of charts in
> excel.  But i dont want to just resize by dragging the corners, i want to
> lock the aspect ratio, and change the width to 3.5 inches.  So basically, i
> want to change the width of each chart to 3.5 inches exactly.
>
> Another problem I am having is when I copy and paste a chart from excel into
> powerpoint, all the changes to the size and text I made get changed so its
> not the copy I wanted.  Is there any way to change this.
0
mark564 (750)

changing colour of static text
hello, Can anybody tell me how can we change the colour of static text control?please help hanks in advance "sayu" <sayu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92F44387-BD51-4593-8669-FF863BF7F1FE@microsoft.com... > hello, > Can anybody tell me how can we change the colour of static text > control?please help Try handling the WM_CTLCOLOR/CTLCOLOR_STATIC notification in the parent or the reflected (=WM_CTLCOLOR) notification in a derived CStatic subclass used as a control member variable. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 01:31:...

Text change size
Why does text change size when I copy and paste into a new page of publisher? It never used to do it on pub 97. When i right click a text box with size 12 font, when I paste into a new page it changes it to size 10 font. -- Paul I believe that your default size is 10... "P Harding" <PHarding@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60665B03-EB45-46F4-95D3-421A2AA15E80@microsoft.com... > Why does text change size when I copy and paste into a new page of > publisher? > It never used to do it on pub 97. > When i right click a text box with size 12 font, ...

Change a cell's fill color dynamically?
Is it possible to lookup a value in a cell over here and change a cell's fill color over there based on certain criteria? For instance, if all the workdays for a month are listed in column A, is it possible to look up all the Fridays and change the corresponding cell in Column C from whatever color to Yellow? While I'm at it, is it possible to unlock those certain C cells for editing, as well? Thank You so very much. Arlen You can handle the color issue with conditional formatting; you don't need any lookup function. As far as locking/unlocking the cells, you probably ...

error bars on bar chart in Excel 2007
I would like to assign a separate error bar value to each of the data sets within my bar chart. When I use the customise error bars feature it allocates the same error bar to all of the bars in the graph. Each chart in the bar is a mean in itself, hence the requirement for individual error bars. I see from previous posts that this appeared to be possible in Excel 2003 but I don't have access to this version. If each bar represents the average of a set of numbers, then you can calculate the standard deviation (or other measure of dispersion) for this set of numbers. Put these ca...

How to chart a series of formulas?
Hi, does anyone know how to chart a series of formulas? I currently chart cells in column C. Each cell in column C contains a formula - "=A1+B1", "=A2+B2", "=A3+B3", etc. I would like to do away with column C and just get the chart to calculate the values that are being displayed automatically. How can you do this? Thanks Marcus - Charts aren't that smart, and worksheet ranges are pretty cheap. Compute the data in the worksheet, and plot the column with the formulas. Of course, you could name your ranges (Adata and Bdata) by selecting each range, ty...

increase font size of received email
how do i increase the font size of received emails when opened Ctrl + Scrollwheel on your mouse WB wrote: > how do i increase the font size of received emails when opened ...

A New Law Could Change the Way You Build Database Applications
Normally I wouldn't post a URL for an article not specifically for Access, but I know there are programmers out there with employee or customer databases in Access: Massachusetts recently passed a sweeping new data security law that will have a profound impact on the way the United States, and perhaps the rest of the world, manages and develops data-centric applications .. Here are the basics of the new law. If you have personally identifiable information (PII) about a Massachusetts resident, such as a first and last name, then you have to encrypt that data on the wire an...

VBA and Charting Named Ranges?
Our developers write out a .csv file, with row 1 being the strings for the column titles. I can read these .csv files into a worksheet, so that column 1, for example is titled "LogTime", and Column 10 is TimeOnDisk. I can create a named range for each that covers just the cells that are populated e.g.($A$2:$A$2280). I can use the Names drop-down to verify the named ranges are correct. I have to do this, because in the next release, the developers may add or delete columns of data, but have promised to keep the column names. And the number of rows varies by the number of days worth of...

Help Programming an XY scatter Chart #2
I have a user form that inputs data onto a spreadsheet. I have a command button that runs a macro that activates the sheet, selects the data, and creates the XY Scatter chart. My Problem is that I don't know how to set a loop to set each series' properties . (The number of series changes every time) Bellow is an example where I manually set the properties for three of the series. Any Ideas on how to create a loop to set all. Range("A:A,C:C,D:D").Select Range("D1").Activate Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatter ActiveChart.SetSourceData Sour...

Form mysteriously stops accepting VB changes to values in text boxes????
Hello Everyone, Something mysterious has happened to my form: I had code to the following effect being executed as part of Form_Open: With Me ... ... .txtDIC.Value = intEDays ... ... End With Where .txtDIC is a bound text box control. Everything was fine until recently, when I started getting the error message: **************** Run-time error '2448' You can't assign a value to this object **************** I replaced it with... strSQL = "UPDATE tblCustOrds SET DaysInCell = " & intEDays & " WHERE ID = " & ..OpenArgs CurrentDb()....

PowerPoint 2007 Org Chart
Do you have any training on how to do an org chart in 2007 PowerPoint? The online training is inadequate in reference to org charts. Loved 2003 but so far hate 2007. -- Sunsen Hi I found quite a lot of info on the MS website - but you may not have found it as they have sneakily renamed org charts. They are now part of SmartArt... There is a training course here: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC101772971033 And SmartArt related stuff here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint/CH100675761033.aspx If you have a particular question, l...

Multiple Colors on Area Charts
I would like to know if it is possible to have two different colors in the plotted area of an area chart. In the end, I would like to have the color for numbers less than 0 be one color and greater than 0 be second color. Thanks Hi Have a look at Jon's page on horizontal bands. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/HorizBands.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "SarahR." <SarahR.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A77861A3-B9B7-4926-BA1F-9FBE14BE03B4@microsoft.com... >I would like to know if it is pos...

how to create a line-chart with 2 sets of data who has different x
hi, i don't know how to create a line-chart with 2 sets of data, they have different size. Say set_1 has x-axe from 0 - 12 with 150 intervals. Set_2 has x-axe from 0-14 with 130 intervals. How to put them into a single line chart? Make an XY chart instead. You can connect the markers with lines in both types of charts. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/07/10/line-charts-vs-xy-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Frank_C" <Frank_C@discussions.microsoft...

excel crashes when changing web query
Hi, In excel 2003, i have a file that pulls in data via Data / Import External Data / New Web Query. I've been using the file for about 3 years, and now when I try to edit the query to pull in the latest table on the same website, excel crashes. And it does the same on another pc running excel 2003. However, I can successfully import data using the same method from other websites. (When I'm editing the query, I can the IE Script error, but not sure if that's related.) I would be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks, Graeme ...

How to change &amp; to & in string?
All, I receive an xml doc with an element which contains a &amp; in the data. I am attempting to insert the data into a SQL Server database and I want to convert the &amp; to a "&" character before I perform the insert. Is the a way in VB.NET to perform this? -Rich Rich Wallace wrote: > I receive an xml doc with an element which contains a &amp; in the data. I > am attempting to insert the data into a SQL Server database and I want to > convert the &amp; to a "&" character before I perform the insert. Is the a > way in VB.NET to...

How to pack the mailbox and public folder size
I am using exchange 2003 now Recently I was notified the harddisk is out of space. Thus I remove part of the email of each folder and the public folder. But the folder size doesn't trim down. Is there method to pack the size ? You have to run an offline defragmentation to reclaim the space. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328804 Tony www.activedir.org "Hughs Man" wrote: > I am using exchange 2003 now > Recently I was notified the harddisk is out of space. > Thus I remove part of the email of each folder and the public folder. > But the...

Creating an age or service spread chart
I have an XL2003 spreadsheet containing employee names, departments and dates of birth. I would like to set up charts showing (a) how many people are in each department and (b) how many people are of each age. -- Dave B You could set up a separate table to get the info. List the departments and use an indirect sumproduct formula such as =SUMPRODUCT((ChecksB=B10)*1) or =SUMPRODUCT((ChecksB=B10)*ChecksD) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Dave Bradshaw" <DaveBradshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A90CCA2A-DFEE-449A-9316-E0049...

How to change QAT button image in VBA?
In Word 2007 I have written a group of VBA macros to change window sizes. Using the "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" command in Word's user interface, I have assigned these macros to buttons on the QAT and chosen images for the buttons from the image library provided. These macros read and set a global Boolean variable booThirds. (When booThirds is true, windows are one-third the width of the screen; when it is false, they are one-quarter the width.) I would like to be able to show the current value of booThirds by changing the image associated with one of the b...

Dynamic chart #9
is it possiable to make a chart like this, I got the dates in the first row, that is B01:NC01 the data is in B25:NC01, this row has a forumla in it, which gets updated each day, what I want is a dynamic chart that, will only show the current month, so when the first comes around the chart will again be blank, I know that the number of days in the month will change with each month. Is there any way to create a chart like this, I know how to use, the name range. Thanks ...

Change backgroundcolor if next record is different
Hoi, Can somebody help me out. In a form, and also in the report, I have a column with data. When the next record datavalue is different, then the backgroundcolor (only for this datafield in this record)should be change. Is there a module which I can set on the field event proporties. When it's not possible in the field event proporties, maybe possible as a conditionalformatting formula ? Regards, johan, Don't know how to do this in a continuous form. You might want to check out Steve Leban's website (http://www.lebans.com/). He has a lot of samples of how to do things wi...

how do i change order of columns in a list published to sharepoint
I'd like to change the order of the columns in a list published to sharepoint. If I unlink and then relink, Excel will go and add another ID column. ...

Colours in Bar Charts
I would like to have different coloured bars in my bar graph dependant on tolorence level (Eg: If result <95 display red, >95 but <100 then display Yellow, =100 then display green Can Excel do this Many Thank Richard Richard - What can't Excel do? No, don't get me started, but there are many things Excel can do, if you're willing to set up the data properly. The first two examples on this page show how to set up conditional formatting in an Excel chart: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/format.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ...

Chart size relative to contents
2 questions: 1.) I have a chart which plots circles in an X Y scatter. Based on the size of the circles within the chart, the circles appear as an ellipse. I can resize the chart manually to bring the circles back to shape - I was wondering if there was some quick VBA to make the chart area relative to the X and Y axis length. 2.) I use these charts as a template, so the data changes. If I know the extreme X and Y values, is there a method to control the axis length with that information - while still taking advantage of the "automatic" scaling feature? (this will be i...

Charting Equations #2
I have Office 2000 and am wondering if it is possible to chart an equation (i.e. x=2y+1). I know I can create charts if I supply datapoints or use equations to find datapoints, but I want to simply write an equation, and have the results charted on an X-Y plane. Much like the old plotting calculator... Are their any imports or programs out their that integrate with Excel? Thanks for your help. Check these two web sites: Stephen Bullen's Chart Formula technique http://bmsltd.ie Tushar Mehta's PLOT Manager http://tushar-mehta.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Mi...

How do I add another cycle to a logarithmic chart?
How do I add another cycle to a logarithmic chart? Right click on the axis, choose Format, and change the axis scale limits. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Gato" <Gato@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:297C626A-A34F-49DB-84AB-7FA4EC6E7D5C@microsoft.com... > How do I add another cycle to a logarithmic chart? ...