Change Chart Size

I was wondering if anyone knows how I can change the sizes of charts in
excel.  But i dont want to just resize by dragging the corners, i want to
lock the aspect ratio, and change the width to 3.5 inches.  So basically, i
want to change the width of each chart to 3.5 inches exactly.

Another problem I am having is when I copy and paste a chart from excel into
powerpoint, all the changes to the size and text I made get changed so its
not the copy I wanted.  Is there any way to change this.
0
bhavesh (6)

1) Resize using aspect ratio only after the chart is sucessfully in
Powerpoint.

2) You get charts into Powerpoint:

Create the chart in a new Tab in Excel (Right click on a tab at the bottom
of your Sheet.  Select "Insert" then "Chart"... you get a new Tab.. follow
instructions and create your chart)

Alter size and font size within the chart tab before copying.

After completing the chart, select the chart and "Copy".
Go to Powerpoint and simply Paste.

It should past without resizing.

3) Resize the chart in powerpoint... using aspect ratio:

Right click on the chart object.
Format Object
Size

You will then be on a control panel which allows you to resize with aspects
etc...

Hope this helps

"bhavesh" wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knows how I can change the sizes of charts in
> excel.  But i dont want to just resize by dragging the corners, i want to
> lock the aspect ratio, and change the width to 3.5 inches.  So basically, i
> want to change the width of each chart to 3.5 inches exactly.
>
> Another problem I am having is when I copy and paste a chart from excel into
> powerpoint, all the changes to the size and text I made get changed so its
> not the copy I wanted.  Is there any way to change this.
0
mark564 (750)

How can I Change recurrence settings with OUT updating details????
Hello, I have a recurring appointment that I use to keep daily notes. I set it up for 4:30 and would like to change it to 3:30 -- however, when I actually make the change it clears ALL of my previous entires notes. So I lose about 2 years worth of notes when I make this change. Anyone know how I can make the change without this loss of information? Thanks Shawn Create a new recurring appointment for 3:30 and end the recurrence of the old one. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name ...

changing the format of dates
I store dates in my database in a field with yymmdd as the format. Is it possible to then have a seperate column that displays the month of the entry as the 3 letter designator for the month? For example if the date column reads 071121, can the next column read "NOV"? thanks for the help ben -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you are storing dates as 6 digits (yymmdd) in a *Text* field, create a query and type an expression like this into the Field row: TheMonth: Format(DateSerial(Left([d],2), Mid([d],3,2), Right([d],2)), "MMM") Replace the [d]...

Excel 2003 radar chart
It appears that while the radar plot can accept thousands of data points, it is only capable of displaying a maximum of 360 discrete circumferential point locations. If I plot a single series of 3600 data points (one point for every 1/10 degree) with constant Y values, each single plotted point on the chart consists of ten overlaying markers. What causes this limitation, and more importantly, is there a way to overcome it? Hi, Even with only 360 points the axis lines are almost a solid colour. So I guess MS decided that 360 is probably more than enough for a radar chart. What sort of ...

Bubble chart challenge
I am trying to create a bubble chart or scatter graph that is divided into 4 quadrants with each quandrant using a different set of benchmark data (ie Large growth , Large Value, Small Growth, and Small Value). I then want to compare my "portfolio" over time to these benchmarks And see how it compares to the underlying benchmarks overtime. Any suggestions? -Tony HI Tony, Download the BCG Matrix chart sample from http://www.edferrero.com/charting.aspx Hope you all had a great Christmas, and Happy New Year to you. Ed Ferrero http://www.edferrero.com >I am trying to create...

Saving changes to the default tab in a document
Hi all, I seem unable to save a change to the default tab setting in an individual document. I make the change (ie. from 0.5" to 0.25") and save the document. Upon restarting Publisher and reopening the document the default tab may or may not be 0.25"! This is extremely irritating since when the default tab changes back to 0.5" it does so in all text boxes in the document thus badly messing up the document layout. Is it me or is it Microsoft??? TNX, Chris Did you compose this publication in 2000? Custom tabs that you previously set in Publisher 2000 are not saved ...

changing report's record source
I am using Access 2000 and I need to change the record source for a report. Unfortunately, I have never been able to do this. According to the help file, you should be able to do this and it looks quite simple. Well, I cannot even access the report. I have tried the following methods: Reports!rptTopCaseClubMembersV2.RecordSource = "some query" Reports![rptTopCaseClubMembersV2].RecordSource = "some query" Reports("rptTopCaseClubMembersV2").RecordSource = "some query" None of these methods work. All I get is an error saying that it cannot find the re...

Change dflt Journ Entry from PHONE to TASK?
I use journal heavily - but not for recording phone calls, for recording time spent on tasks and other details about them. Each newly-created journal entry defaults to entrytype "Phone". How can I change this to default to entrytype "Task"? Thanks.. ....Allen Kitchen / akitchen@diskriter.com You can change the name of that entry, but I don't believe you can change the fact Outlook uses it as the default for new Journal items. You can read more info here: http://www.inquiry.com/techtips/exo_pro/10min/10min0999.asp -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Micr...

Excel Chart Problem!!! (Bug I think)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B9_01C93A2D.3C166610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Try the folloing. 1. Open Excel. 2. Paste the following data A B C D E F=20 2008 10 20 30 40 0 10=20 3. Menu Insert/Pie (select the first Pie type) 4. Right Click one of the top of any part of the circle/Format Data = Series 5. Click Shadow and move any of the slides on the right.=20 See what happend on the chart. The problem is that the ZERO generates a full circle and you can drag = and ...

Money 2004 having trouble with MSN Money charts
My charts on securities in my porfolio recently (around the beginning of August) reverted to the simple charts you see when you first install Money. I got the option to install the MSN Money Investment toolbox. If you click on this, the program closes and an install box comes up, along with an MSIE window which recieves an error that the remote server is not found. The install box seems to run normally, and comes up with a "Finish" button after the progress bar fills. However when I restart Money, it looks as if nothing has changed with the charts (I still get the optio...

Postcard sizes
I need to change from 1/4 page postcard to 1/2 page. 11 pages are already created, but I can't make the cards larger. Thanks! After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Nikki <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I need to change from 1/4 page postcard to 1/2 page. 11 pages are > already created, but I can't make the cards larger. a) Why did you post the message a second time? b) Have you checked your settings in File > Page Setup? c) What version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mv...

MailMessage message size
Hi, I'm working on a ASP.Net website where I use the MailMessage method to send a report filled in by the user to a given email address. The user can also upload an attachement to be put in the data part of the report. If the attachement is less then 1,7 Mb there is no problem, the email is sent. Any larger attachement and I get an error stating "the message could not be sent" The webserver is an IIS7 and I use the local smtp server (via IIS6) to send the emails. In the settings of the smtp server I have unchecked the email size limitations. At first I had i...

Change datasource of pivot table
Hello, I am trying to change the datasource of an EXISTING pivot table from one SQL server to another. But there is NO option for changing the DATA SOURCE of an existing pivot table. Using the wizard there is only access to the TABLES of the first data source - you cannot select a different data source. I would be grateful if someone knew something about it... ...

slecting averages from a changing table
i have a spread sheet set up to colect data on a daily basis from Jan 1 to dec 31. i want to be able to have a month by month average of slect coloms show up off to the side for quick access. colum a converts the date from colum C in to the numerical value ( jan = 1 ect), Colum B show what week of the year the date falls in to (jan 1 = week 1 of the year),colum C has the dates in it, data is input in colums D to M. so i want to be able to take the data in coulm H and M and be able to average everything that has a jan date in to cell N4, feb in to cell N5 ect..can it be done? ...

enquiry on disabling outbound mail and mailbox size
Hi all. I would like to know after i disable outbound mail, where will the mail be stored on exchange server? I mean which directory by default. I would also like to know if there is a default mailbox size for all users. Lastly as I am currently using exchange 2003 standard, the default mailbox store is 16GB. Can i know if there is a way to expand it to 75GB? THks in advance. - If you're on Exchange Server 2003 SP2 (Std. Edition), the default size is 18 Gigs, and can be increased up to 75 Gigs by creating the Database Size Limit DWORD value in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services...

Combo box data changing
My form has a subform (Link Child & Master field = ICNNO). On that subform are two fields "CA_Name" and "CA_Decision" and they are both Combo Boxes. A different list is displayed in "CA_Decision" based on the choice made in the "CA_Name" field. This subform is for multiple entries which all pertain to the same ICNNO. Example: ICNNO = 123 CA_Name = MG CA_Decision = 1 CA_Name = BH CA_Decision = 29 Everything is fine to this point: The problem is when a change is made to "CA_Name" it changes all the CA_Decision lists on the other entrie...

Change header information
Is it possible to change my header information to show the IP of the server rather than the name and domain name? We are considering hosting email on our Ex2003 for a company that leases office space from us, but they don't want our name on their header info.... Thanks. ...

Question on changing "Input Locales"
Hi, I'm now using a English version of Win2K Pro, and my program will be hanged when I was changing the input locales. Let say, change to Traditional Chinese. In my debug window, the following sentences are shown: Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\TINTLGNT.IME', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTIME.DLL', no matching symbolic information found. LoadDLLFromSubDir Then, my program is hanged. But, I'm created a lite application to experience this issue, two more sentences are shown when changing input locales is successful. L...

Item description on Purchase Order cannot be changed
We are currently using Dynamics GP 10. When we enter an item into the PO Entry Window, the description appears, which does print out on the PO. However, if we use Item: NOTE Description: * - we cannot override the * and add the information we want to add. The same applies if we are ordering a non-inventory item - whatever we add to the description field does not show up. A work around for us has been to enter the description as a line item comment. I would like to get this issue resolved and allow us to enter the information into the description field and have it pri...

Change Decimal Places on Extended Amount (Opportunity Component)
Hi - I adjusted my pricing decimal precsion in the system settings to 0 and did an IIS reset on the CRM Server. However, the Extended Amount money attribute still shows 2 decimal places. The decimal precision on this out-of-the-box attribute can't be edited. I guess I create custom field, set 0 decimals and write the value of the Extended Amount to this field. Any other ideas? Thanks. ...

OLE server error opening pivot chart
Whenever I go to open a pivot chart form in Access 2003, I get an error "The connection to the OLE server was lost or the OLE server encountered an error while you were using it." It seems to be local to my machine since the same form works fine on another machine. I have OLE automation included in the VB editor Tools/References Any ideas? I got the same error message as your when I try to create Pivot Table. Do you know how to fix it yet? Please let me know Thanks T "Brian" wrote: > Whenever I go to open a pivot chart form in Access 2003, I get an error "The...

Changing caption,Dynamically adding menu,Scrolling text
Hello to everyone, I am involved into the development of the Toolbar for the Internet Explorer using COM & WTL. I have got stuck at one point,so It is my request to all experts to help me out. I have been successful in building the drop-down list by using BTNS_WHOLEDROPDOWN & SetButtonInfo(nID, &tbi); I set the caption for this button using AddStrings method. I want to dynamically change the caption of the button. I am simply not getting how to do this. & also I want this caption to scroll from left to right. Is it at all possible to do so?? If yes how?? I have checked Cod...

help to reduce size of my file
I have a large file that somehow has pictures in it that are not visible (they seem to be sized down to 0) but are causeing the file to be too big. When I use the filter function I can select each picture or object and delete it individualy but I what to know if I can "select all" and delete? I know this is ppossible becasue I've done it once before but I have forgotten how to do it. Can some one help please. I'm using Excel 2003 Thanks F5 > Special - Objects-OK More tips here; http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/ExcelProblems.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley ...

How do I add new chart series automatically in Excel
I may have several dozen or more (even hundreds or thousands) series to add to a microsoft Excel x-y scatter chart. Each series only consists of two data points and represent a straight line connected to pre-defined nodes in a complex 3-D geometric figure. When plotted, the geometric 3-D figure is revealed, and can be rotated to different viewing angles. Even though Excel Chart is not specifically intended for this type display, it works very well. The only problem is automating the new series as the coordinates for each new line are input. Presently I have to do add each new serie...

Suspicious change in dialog resolution
We are testing a authentication method for a single sign on system. The authentication process, that is called through a custom Gina, presents a dialog with a PropertySheet. One of the tabs is a page that corresponds to our 'method' this setup works fine but after a couple of days of running on a machine it randomly appears that someone is lowering the resolution of our dialog, the outer frame stays the same. What happens is that everything in our dialog is now much bigger, as if the resolution was lowered, so the dialog items are out of place and some items don't even show up beca...

Can Excel change numbers in a cell upon printing?
I have to print my blank Purchase Orders out of Excel. Is there a way to have the P.O. Number add one to it for every page printed? Now I manually change it and print one then change it and print one. Wendy, Sure it can. An InputBox would probably be the best way to go. Try the following code: Sub TestMe() Dim HowMany As Integer Dim StartNum As Integer If Range("A1").Value = "" Then Range("A1").Value = 1 HowMany = InputBox("How many Invoices to print starting at " & Range("A1").Value) StartNum = Range("A1"...