Change and refresh OLEObject showing Excel chart on Access form.

(Sorry this is not strictly Excel charting but I have had no hints in
the Access groups where I posted this first - hoping someone in the
Excel world can help me)

Hi All

I display an Excel chart in a MS Acess User form using an unbound OLE
object. I am trying to change the Excel workbook(and therefore chart)
that my OLEObject displays:

Private Sub Form_Load()
    With Me.oleExcelChart
        ' SourceDoc is currently "W:\Public\83.xls"
        Debug.Print .SourceDoc
        .SourceDoc = "W:\Public\XX.xls"
        Debug.Print .SourceDoc
        ' ## how can I get the OLEobject to repaint/redisplay/
change?!
    End With
End Sub

>> When run this results in this output:
W:\Public\83.xls
W:\Public\XX.xls

However the OLEObject is stil displaying 83.xls! How can I complete
the step and tell the OLEobject to refresh/update to the new/different
Excel file?

Thanks in advance for any ideas,
Chrisso

New Disk storage

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Inserting form values into a table

Hello all, I have a rather simple to describe but difficult to solve problem. Our customers want to use our ANSI MFC program to show different languages. For example Polish. When I set the font for the different controls they behave different. For example the CEdit shows the polish characters just right but the CButton with checkbox style shows glyphs instead of the special characters. Every control that is owner draw and uses for example the DrawText() function of the device context shows the characters right. I've experimented with _UNICODE for the display part and everything I could ...

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Excel 2007

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Find prev record on other requeried form
Using access 2003. I have a main form for name and address info. A subform shows limited info on client placement. Click a command button on the main form and user opens another form for full screen entry of placement data. That form opens showing the client selected on the initial main form. When the full screen placement form closes, it requeries the original main form with the placement subform to show the added placement. It goes to the first record in the table though. It does not show the original client whose placement was just added. How do I set the mai...

Opening Excel Workbooks

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

help with simple maths in excel