Change allignment on double catagory axis

Good Afternoon.  I am running windows xp prof and have this issue with both
excel 2007 and 2003.

I have an area chart which has double information in the bottom
catagoryaxis.  It has one date for two columns.  When I got rotate the
information on the catagory axis.  it only rotates the information that comes
first and not the date.

How can I get excel to change the alignment of all date in the catagory axis.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance...
Myssie
0
myssieh (1)

You get the orientation Excel gives you. You may get some control by
changing the length of the labels. But there is nothing direct you can do.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"myssieh" <myssieh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good Afternoon.  I am running windows xp prof and have this issue with
> both
> excel 2007 and 2003.
>
> I have an area chart which has double information in the bottom
> catagoryaxis.  It has one date for two columns.  When I got rotate the
> information on the catagory axis.  it only rotates the information that
> comes
> first and not the date.
>
> How can I get excel to change the alignment of all date in the catagory
> axis.
>
> Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated...
>
> Thanks in advance...
> Myssie

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
1/8/2009 10:19:31 PM
Hi,

If I understand correctly you have a double X-axis and you are changing the
alignment of the text.
Unfortunately when you apply a different alignment to this type of situation
only one of the multiple x-axes will actually change alignment.

One possible solution is to replace one of the X-axes with data label on a
dummy x-axis and then align those.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire