Change a series w/ a ComboBox

I would like to change a range name refernced in a charted
series by using a control combobox so that if i want to
see a differnt series, all i have to do is select it.

I was thinking of using a lookup function that refernces
the numerical output of the control but the series formula
won't read the formula or a cell reference as text.

=SERIES(OAS!$A$11,'Index-HistoricalPricing ML Vers 2.xls'!
DATE,'Index-HistoricalPricing ML Vers 2.xls'!Chemicals,1)

Chemicals is the range name, is there a way to replace it
with a formula or cell refernce.

I can probably code this but I always try to exhaust XL
functionality first.

Your Help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

I have some examples of this on my web site:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

LSMark wrote:

> I would like to change a range name refernced in a charted
> series by using a control combobox so that if i want to
> see a differnt series, all i have to do is select it.
>
> I was thinking of using a lookup function that refernces
> the numerical output of the control but the series formula
> won't read the formula or a cell reference as text.
>
> =SERIES(OAS!$A$11,'Index-HistoricalPricing ML Vers 2.xls'!
> DATE,'Index-HistoricalPricing ML Vers 2.xls'!Chemicals,1)
>
> Chemicals is the range name, is there a way to replace it
> with a formula or cell refernce.
>
> I can probably code this but I always try to exhaust XL
> functionality first.
>
> Your Help is greatly appreciated
> Thanks

Your the man!  Thank You!

0
anonymous (74722)

how do i change dates on my calendar and keep my pics
Publisher doesn't support this. You would need to do it manually. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bob T" <Bob T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68671977-F71B-444F-AE72-801D2B359FEE@microsoft.com... > ...

Tracking Changes #4
Hi All, Just wondered if anyone could help me. I was going through the Track changes exercise, which is great to produce a report of who has change what and when etc. However I then found out that if I was to change my username in Tools>Options>General, in excel that track changes goes to pot and tracks the new username, so in effect I could disguise myself as someone else and change areas of the spreadsheet without successfully being tracked! Can this be stopped without using network administration rights to stop people going in and changing the username? Many Thanks Amanda ...

Changing my functions to use subtotals?
I have 2 functions that are calculating my data correctly, except now I need to consider the autofilter. I figure using subtotal is the way to go if I want to disregard filtered out rows. Also, I plan on moving my data to another sheet, so it will need to reference the current sheet, which is AAT_Raw_Data. Finally, the # of rows of data will vary, but I don't think it will ever be over 10,000. I'm using Excel 2003, so I think there's an issue with using something like "A:A" in my formulas. Can someone help me change these to add in a subtotal and take into...

Word always asks to save changes to the template
For my work we have made templates for different letters we have to send. Our application (VB6) calls those templates when we want to send a letter. Using the code we follow a few steps : - open word - open a new document using our template - save the document (.doc) on a server - sometimes print the document - sometimes immediately close the document (when we don't want users to modify the document afterwards) When they closed the document the users always get 2 questions : - save changes to template for the letter - save changes to normal.dot I already found a solution to avoid the q...

WindowProc: combobox messages problem
In my CControlBar I have overridden the virtual WindowProc. The combobox on the controlbar displays correct and behaves well in runtime. Now, I spent a couple of hours trying to get some messages that I need, using WindowProc. This is needed because CControlBar will pass everything on to the controlbar owner, and that's not what I want. WindowProc is my way to intercept those messages. I already found out that the messages are, ehm, weird: their numbers do not match on related defines in winuser.h. To give an example: WM_COMMAND, 0x0003 functions as a WM_SETFOCUS. But WM_SETFOCUS is def...

Weird Things Happening w/Excel2003
Work just upgraded our office products and now older spreadsheets ar showing up with row numbers and column numbers instead of Row Number Column Letters. This has messed up all of the formulas and no one ca make changes because they have no idea how to re-write the formulas HELP!!! is there a setting in Excel that we are missing??? Thanks! -Pa -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Go to Tools-Options-General and uncheck the box marked "R1C1 reference style" -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "rayzgurl >" <<rayzgurl.19rgd3@excelforum-nosp...

Imported text file w/o unique identifiers, find duplicates
Imported a txt file w/o unique identifiers and have run a query to find possible duplicate records based on 3 seperate fields. How can I either update those fields that may be in error in the original table or append a new record w/o the duplicate data and delete the original record? In the following I need to determine which records to keep, which to delete and/or which to update. End Date Total Sheets Time Operator Name 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00094123 B D MCNARA 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00095681 NAME UNKNOWN 3/17/2007 84 0:01 00091234 C D S 3/17/2007 84 0:01 000...

Merge & Sort Dynamic Lists w/ Data Validation
First off, let me say thanks to the Excel Usenet community that has helped me over and over through these newsgroups. You are phenomenal. Question 1: I need to create a BOTH box that will dynamically pull names from both the "Chicago Office" & "Seattle Office" columns in my sheet. It is extremely preferable to do this without VB Script if possible to avoid the security warnings on opening the sheet. (Our IT department will not budge on this..) Detail: I have two lists of employees. Column A lists the Chicago Office employees. Column B lists the Seattle Office employee...

How to fill cell with two combobox values?
I am looking for VB code for command button that fills two combo box values and a toggle value (Y/N) behind each other in one cell. Bart Excel 2003 ...

series name change
How can I change the name of "series" ? I added to the chart with straight line by highlight two numeric columns. I can create lines but the legend show series 3,4,5,6 !! Thanks Daniel On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can I change the name of "series" ? > >I added to the chart with straight line by highlight two numeric columns. >I can create lines but the legend show series 3,4,5,6 !! Choose menu Chart.. Source Data.. Series, and there will be a box for series name. You can ...

Changing a formula's result to text
I have a pretty simple worksheet that lists the date in column A. In column B, I have a formula that converts the date in Column A to the proper day of week. When I put it in a pivot table, it treats column B as an individual date, not the proper DOW. I attempted to copy/paste special/values into a new column, but it doesn't change it to the DOW, it leaves it as the date. I am trying to get Excel to permanently change the cells in column B to say "Tuesday" instead of 4/19/07. Does that make sense? All of the conventional answers don't seem to work for me. Any help? It...

Changed Server Numbers when Travel
I just had my outlook 2003AOL server numbers changed for no reason while travelling. Switched them back for my pop account and the would work, when shut down and then restart they would change from the correct to another set of numbers. Is there a way to stop these server numbers from changing while I travel. Thanks. What is a 'server number'? The IP address? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outl...

Change PST?
I installed a new Outlook (XP) and have my old backup PST file on a disk. I want the default data location to be of my choosing. I assume I copy that data where I want it but how do I import it? "bobnewman backup.pst.pst". I am totally confused, both by the lack of documentation (that I can find) and the backup file name. I hope someone can help. Bob I found it! Thanks anyway. Bob "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@att.net> wrote in message news:vD%7d.2900$TY2.272@lakeread04... > I installed a new Outlook (XP) and have my old backup PST file on a disk. I > want t...

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list
How do I change the elements displayed in the message list. For example, to list "To" or "From" edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names and choose custom. To make all folders the same see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Change the mail Subject
When I choose to send my SOP Blank Invoice Form to a mail recipient (pdf), information is populating the subject line and body of my e-mail by default. Specifically the name of the report is populating the subject line. Is there a way to change this? I would rather see the Invoice number or customer name populating that field. Thank you Nancy, Out of the box, no. When you print a report to screen it loses all knowledge of what report it is (or where it came from). That's why when you then send to pdf the best the window can do is use the title of the output window as the s...

Configure outlook w/ existing email
I just installed Office 2003, and need my existing e-mail account to be accessed through Outlook, instead of having to go through my ISP's site. Any help will be appreciated. "Mark" <mark@gvtc.com> wrote in message news:097901c3b9a2$0ae55cb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I just installed Office 2003, and need my existing e-mail > account to be accessed through Outlook, instead of having > to go through my ISP's site. Any help will be appreciated. Do you mean you have been accessing email via the web? >-----Original Message----- >"Mark" <mark@...

change range for multiple charts
Hi I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there a quicker way to do this? "Yossi evenzur" wrote: > Hi > I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by > chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there > a quicker way to do this? I've written a little Excel add-in that performs mass edits of series formulas: How to Edit Series Formulas http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/how-to-edit...

How to change the year?
I have a date column in my work sheet where I have enterred the year as 2005, but actually should be 2001. The cell format is date-month-year. My date range is B5:B55. How can I change the year on only for the dates in this range. Thanks. Victor Victor, The difference between a 2001 and a 2005 date is 1461. So do this: Put 1461 in a cell. Copy. Select B5:B55. Edit - Paste Special. Click "Values" and "Subtract." OK. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "la90292" <la90292@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:ebnzG62qFHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gb...

Move contacts w/o creating duplicates
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 and Exchange 2003 SP1. I tried moving contacts from one public folder to another public folder, if a contact already existed in the move to folder I was not prompted to update existing or add as new, it automatically created a duplicate, which I don't want. I tried moving the same contacts from the same public folder to my local contacts with the same result, duplicates. In Outlook under tools, options, contact options, I have the check box checked for "check for duplicates". Is there another setting elsewhere, or somthing else I am missing...

Can't Use Outlook after changing Servers
Moved users from one server to another. Users map USER folder to U:\ drive, no chnage there. After move when trying to open Outlook it stops with an error that there is a security problem with the .pst file. There is none I can find. Tried deleting Outlook profile for user and installing a new one, came up with same pst file. tried adding a second pst file and get the same security violation, No other files have problems, WORD or Excel. ideas?? dave Admin ...

Application-defined or Object-defined-error when changing color in
I have tried the following different approaches to chaning the background color of a cell in an Excell 2007 VBA module and have gotten Application-defined or Object-defined-error each time. I can display the color value I just can't seem to be able to change it. Sheet1.Cells(1, 2).Interior.Color = RGB(126, 255, 126) Worksheets("sheet1").Cells("A1").Interior.ColorIndex = 3 ActiveSheet.Cells(Cell).Interior.ColorIndex = 255 Range("A1").Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = 1 Any help is welcomed. Thank you in advance for your help. hi t...

Combo Box changes list based on another
I have 2 combo boxes. I select the first one and all the name choices are available. I choose JOE, I then move to the 2nd Combo Box and select it, I want JOE excluded from that list. How can I do this? Ultimately I want to expand this but for each combo box list I want it to exclude any names already chosen in other combo boxes. Thanks. On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 18:20:00 -0800, deeds <deeds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 2 combo boxes. I select the first one and all the name choices are >available. I choose JOE, I then move to the 2nd Combo Box and select it, I &...

How do I group record w/same info but different number in a row
How do I group a record with same info but different number in a row. Example below: ID, lname, fname, dob, fallqty, ID, lname, fname, dob, springqty How do I write the code to put the column "springqty" on the same line with the "fallqty" and group the rest of the info since they are all the same(ID, lname, fname, dob)? ...

Combo Box changes after Microsoft Upgrade.
I have WindowsXP and Access2003. I have a Combo Box on a form used for finding a particular record. After downloading and installing the Office2003 upgrade (Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)), one of the columns (a text) Combo Box is blank. This remains blank even if I create a new Combo Box. Also, going back to a application backup I made in January2007, this column has become blank too. The Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3) is the only event which has occurred. Please help, Frank And, you've hit the nail on the head. It is SP3 which is causing this issue. From what I u...

Change "main" calendar
Is there anyway to tell outlook which calendar to consider the "main" calendar? Outlook 2007 Thanks "njem" <njem@q.com> wrote in message news:d53c96fd-b896-4647-b045-40f01fde5421@k2g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > Is there anyway to tell outlook which calendar to consider the "main" > calendar? > > Outlook 2007 Your default calendar (and ALL your other default folders are included as well) is _always_ the calendar in the data store marked as "default" on Tools?>Account Settings>Data Files. -- Brian Tillman...