Cannot change criteria on copied chart without changing original c

I have a chart that I created from a pivot table.  Instead of creating 40
plus charts individually, I tried to copy the original chart and change the
location for each chart.  When I change the facility location for one chart
it changes all others.  How can I get around this?

Steve
0
Steve3367 (862)

You'll need to make independent pivot tables for each chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
774-275-0064
208-485-0691 fax
jon@peltiertech.com
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

>I have a chart that I created from a pivot table.  Instead of creating 40
> plus charts individually, I tried to copy the original chart and change
> the
> location for each chart.  When I change the facility location for one
> chart
> it changes all others.  How can I get around this?
>
> Steve

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Make a chart axis visible/invisible with VBA
(I posted this in the Programming newsgroup but realized it was probably more appropriate to post here...) Hello. I'm using Excel 2003. I have a chart on a page and I want to set the scale on the Y axis programatically with VBA. I have written code that does this successfully. The problem: The code will not work if the Y axis is hidden (which I want) - it throws an error saying it can't set the Maximum value. Where I need help: I'm having trouble writing the code to make the Y axis visible, then invisible again. The idea being that I'll display it, set the scale, ...

How to have a program die directly without popping up a error mess
I wrote a server program in VC++ 6.0. Every time it crash there comes up an error message window asking me to terminate or to debug. Is there any way to have the program die directly without coming up that error message window ? ( My server program run in background and if it die its supervisor program will restart it automatically. So it’s better to have it die directly without having to answer the error message window asking to terminate or to debug program. ) This message box is not due to your program crashing, at least not directly. Look in Tools->Options on the Debug ta...

Execute C++ from Excel
HI all, can anyone tell me how to execute a simple C++ code from an excel spreadsheet? For example take a C++ program that adds two integers, how does one execute it from an excel spreadsheet? Thanks in advance -- serine ------------------------------------------------------------------------ serine's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27884 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473888 ...

Color Scheme changed
Using money 2006, Vista Home Premium. Recently had a 'not responding' shutdown. When I restarted Money 2006, the color scheme had changed. The Tool Bar (file edit etc) is white letters on white - invisible until mouse hover causes highlight. The menu bar is very pale blue on white - almost unreadable. I have wandered around in the tools area trying to find a color scheme setting but can't find one. As a further clue the corners of the Money 2006 window are square rather than rounded in other Vista windows. Not sure if that was the way it was before or not. I have changed th...

change the position of X-axis labels
Hi, is it possible to locate the X-axis labels below the graph? the problem is that I have negative and positive values in my bar-chart, and I don't want the labels to appear in my bars. So i'm looking for a way to display the labels blow the chart without having to cut&paste to e.g. Word and adding some text. Kind regards, Willem. Hi, Yes it is possible http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip002.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Willem" <Willem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A598EED7-F7CD-4F6E-8D6A...

How do I change the default font in an EXISTING Excel workbook?
I know how to change it normally, but it seemed to switch on me from one day to the next in one particular workbook. I can't get it back. Any suggestions? Blue Format>Style>Normal>Modify. This is a workbook property so may be different from your default style in other workbooks. Change the Font to what you would like. NOTE: this also affects the Column and Row headers. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:51:06 -0800, "Blueski" <Blueski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know how to change it normally, but it seemed to switch on me from one...

Copying Formatting Styles
I am using Word 2003. When I copy text from one document to another all the underlying formating, including bullets, headers etc do not get copied. This does not happen always though. I tried copying formatting styles from source document to destination using Windows Organizer but that did not help. Please advise. Thanks. By default, the destination styles will be used when you copy text from one Word document to another. In your case, you may want to reverse the process: Instead of copying text from document A to B, copy the relevant pieces of text from document B to documen...

paste charts into powerpoint-misalignment
i have an excel program which pastes excel charts into powerpoint. on certain excel charts ( i paste the entire page) the page that i wish to paste into ppt, consists of graphs as well as pictures on the same sheet. When I paste it into powerpoint via vba code, the pictures (not the charts) seem to come misaligned. they shift to the left on the powerpoint slide. do you have an idea what might be causing this misalignment. ...

Copy an email to a saved folder
I get some emails and want to save them immediatly to the "saved" while still having a copy in the " inbox" to respond to but there is no "copy to folder" button in the drop down list, such as there is in Outlook express. Can I get one in there somehow. If I save it to a word file I then cannot respond to it. On Tue, 17 May 2005 11:57:18 -0700, miltdp <miltdp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get some emails and want to save them immediatly to the "saved" while still >having a copy in the " inbox" to respond to but there is...

Bar-of-pie Charts
I cannot seem to get this to work but I want to create either a bar of pie or a pie of pie. I have 3 data poits adding to 100% (easy Pie chart) Say Fruit(50%), Veggies(25%) and Grains (25%). I want to explode the fruit by showing it's composition. so of the 50% 33% is apples, 40% is plums, and the remainder grapes. That subset represents 100% of the fruit which represents 50% of the total. Can I do this with a bar or pie of pie graph and how do I do it? Jon Jon - Combine your two sets of data: grains 25.0% veggies 25.0% fruits 50.0% apples 33.0% plums 40.0% grapes 27.0%...

Can I Apply Conditional Formatting to a Chart?
I don't agree with my boss's ideas regarding Excel Charts - I think that they are to cluttered and become less effective. So, I would like to apply conditional formatting via a checkbox to "turn off"(apply white/transparent properties)to one or more series in a chart, effectively eliminating the overlapping series from view temporarily. Can this be done? Is the answer VB?I think this could be very effective in clarifying data that is consistently overlapping each other. (Actually I would just make 3 separate charts on the same page, but nobody is asking me!) Tell me w...

How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?
How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? On 2/26/08 5:15 PM, in article ee8ee56.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mollycat@officeformac.com" <mollycat@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office > 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? Delete these two files: ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office 2008:Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist where ~ is your home folder, and HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:OfficePID.plist -- Diane, ...

How to copy a Macro to another PC
How can I find and copy an Excel macro to another PC. As I recall the one I created also created a file called Personal.xls that automatically opens up. Not sure if this is the only file that needs to be copied? Also, where does it get copied to? What location? Same as original PC? -- FL Personal.xls is automatically opened (if it exists) but is hidden; use Widows | Unhide to see if you have one. Generally it is kept in the XLSTART folder; find it with a search. However, some people have Excel open other files automatically; Use Tools | Options and look on the General tab to see ...

Change Text Case
Anyone know how to change the case (from all caps to lower case, or just first letter cap) without retyping all the text in a worksheet? Thanks! a formula =lower(a1) =proper(a1) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Chel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09A9342E-9DED-4BB7-8C08-1DA31E7CEBCB@microsoft.com... > Anyone know how to change the case (from all caps to lower case, or just first letter cap) without retyping all the text in a worksheet? Thanks! Chel, You can use a macro like the following: Sub ConvertCase() Dim Rng As ...

5pt space between paragraphs when copied from Word to Publisher
When I copy several paragraphs from a word document and paste it in Publisher I always get 5pts added before and after each paragraph. Is there anyway to change this so I don't have to delete the space each time? I have Office version 2003 and Windows XP. Paste special as unformatted text... or Select all, Format, Paragraph, change the before and after. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "BoKay" <BoKay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EB4C534-F64D-409D-AC89-37367675C71D@microsoft.com... > When I copy several paragraphs from a wo...

Pie Chart Colouring
Does anyone know how to change JUST the top surface colours of individual slices please? I want to keep the sides of the slices a uniform colour but show the top surfaces in different colors. I really need to achieve this within excel itself. -- Suzanne Campbell You're not using one of those ugly 3D pie charts, are you? They're really bad at distorting the data. As far as I know, you only specify the color, and Excel uses a different shade for the sides. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.c...

How can I hide tasks in a Gantt chart?
I only want to hide certain tasks - not all tasks at a given level On Thu, 28 May 2009 02:06:06 -0700, lberry <lberry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I only want to hide certain tasks - not all tasks at a given level Create a new layer called "Hidden" Open the drawing explorer window and go through all the shapes to find the ones for the appropriate task and assign these shapes to the hidden layen and remove them from the Gantt layer. Now make the Hidden layer non-visible. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandr...

Cannot copy table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 w invisible grid li
How do I copy a table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 with invisible grid lines? In previous version of Word, it was possible to do so by clicking on "insert special" and choose one of the categories (I have forgotten which). With Word 2007, the grid lines become visible no matter which option I choose under "insert special". Is it possible for you to help me? Thanks! To hide the gridlines, click the View Gridlines button (to deselect the option) on the Table Tools Layout tab. This setting will be preserved between Word sessions. If you are in fact referr...

Moving a line chart data point revises data table value in Excel '
I recall a capability I used with Excel years ago that enabled me to create a line chart from a data table, then move the plot points on the chart to "smooth" the line, and the source data chart value would change with the corresponding new plotted point. I'd like to use that capability with Excel 2007 but can't find to activate it. Any power users know how? Thanks! Ed Ed, Microsoft decided that users didn't need that feature. More than likely, they were tired of support calls asking why the values changed when one dragged a data point...... No really, they took i...

change a word file back to a pdf file
i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf file in microsoft outlook. Also i could not read the file in word Please Help You post Word, PDF question in Outlook group? "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A6AFC3C-2780-4182-BAFC-C07D3D9A7FF3@microsoft.com... >i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf >file > in microsoft outlook. > > Also i could not read the file in word > Please Help Did you change it by simply renaming the file extension? -- Kathleen Orland - MVP...

2 copies of every new e-mail!
I asked my computer guru to make sure my e-mail goes to my desktop PC and my laptop. That seems to be working, but now I am getting 2 copies of every e-mail in my inbox Can somone tell me how to turn this off so I only receive one copy of each e-mail? On 30 Apr 2004 10:06, "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I asked my computer guru to make sure my e-mail goes to my desktop PC >and my laptop. That seems to be working, but now I am getting 2 copies >of every e-mail in my inbox. > >Can somone tell me how to turn this off so I only receive one...

How do I change all chart colors to black and white?
I am plotting hourly values for a year. I need to have all the data series represented as thin black lines, but EXCEL prefers a huge range of colors and dashed lines along with solid lines. How can I force it to show all the data series the same way, and make them all thin black lines? Double click on one series, choose the format you want, and press OK. Select another series and press the F4 key to repeat, Select and press F4 for each of the other series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/...

can I use the E2K7 Management console without installing E2K7 into the Org?
I know there's a 32 bit version of the management console for things like Windows XP, but do I have to perform things like /adprep before I can install it on my windows XP desktop? Can it be used to at least view, if not manage an exising Exchange 2000/2003 org that hasn't had E2K7 installed into it yet? I'd like to be able to utilize some of the E2K7 specific powershell things, like the cmdlets and the AD Provider, without having to change our existing exchange/AD environment (our E2K7 migration project isn't scheduled to start until next year). The Exchange 2007 Managemen...

Dynamic Charting By Dates
This is in reference to Jon Peltier's article on dyamic charts. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 My question is the example given is using data that goes down a column. Column A is the dates, Column B is the data, ect... My data flows across rows, so all my dates are in row 1 and the data is in row2. I would like some help converting Mr. Peltiers technique to fit my need. This code needs to go across a row instead of down a column. =OFFSET(AllDates,MATCH(StartDate,AllDates,1)-1,0,MATCH(EndDate,AllDates,1)-MATCH(StartDate,AllDates,1)+1,1) As well as...

Changing color of icons dynamically
Hi, I need to change the color of icons dynamically, when i try to change the color by following the steps, the background color is getting mismatched. HICON CGenericMFCDlg::CreateGrayscaleIcon(HICON hIcon) { HICON hGrayIcon = NULL; HDC hMainDC = NULL, hMemDC1 = NULL, hMemDC2 = NULL,hMaskDC = NULL; BITMAP bmp; HBITMAP hOldBmp1 = NULL, hOldBmp2 = NULL,hOldBmp3 = NULL; ICONINFO csII, csGrayII; BOOL bRetValue = FALSE; bRetValue = ::GetIconInfo(hIcon, &csII); if (bRetValue == FALSE) return NULL; hMainDC = ::GetDC(NULL); ...