Can you change the color of only one axis line?

Is it possible to change the color of just one axis line on a chart?  It
would be nice because then we could mark in red which would allow us to see
target values we are shooting for and then see how the actual results measure
up.
0
JimMoberg (24)

Hi,

You can not colour an individual gridline.

But here are some examples of how to add a datum line to your chart.

http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html
http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_horizontal_line.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Can't remove MS Office Test Drive
I can't seem to remove test drive. I have seen some previous posts, so I tried to Repair disk Permissions first, then ran Remove Office from the folder called Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive. It searches for files to remove, but the results are blank, and all it will do is Quit. The folder is in my Applications, and has size of 330 MB. I am running OS 10.4.8 on MacBook. Problems started when I mistakenly dragged my app's from my old eMac onto my new MacBook, instead of installing them from CD. I was able to remove the main MS Office 2004 folder (by running Remove Office from its ...

Action on record change from split form?
I have a split form -- custom form on top, datasheet on the bottom -- and want to do two things (alter the background color of the main form Detail, and make one of a set of images visible and the others not visible) depending on the contents of a specific field in the selected record. My formatting works fine as code executed when the field is changed from within the form, but I can't find a way to change the settings when a record is selected using the datasheet part of the split form. I thought there must be some event that would work as a trigger, but can't seem to fi...

cannot do a differential backup "can't find store or acc denied"
I am using the same account that i used to install exchange. I can make a full backup but not a differential. the user is in schema admins enterprise admins domain admins exchange enterprise servers Ideas? "james" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using the same account that i used to install >exchange. I can make a full backup but not a differential. >the user is in >schema admins >enterprise admins >domain admins >exchange enterprise servers > >Ideas? What else works? Incremental? If you're not using NTBACKUP, have you ...

Collor pallet changes unwanted after SAP export
In order to analyse data from SAP, I create an Excel export of the data, this is a standard SAP functionality. The excel file that it creates has a different color palette than the standard Excel pallet. This is not a problem. The problem is that when I open an Excel sheet that has been exported from SAP, it changes also the color palette of all open Excel workbooks, rendering some of them unreadable. Closing Excel and reopening solves the problem, until I reopen a SAP-exported Excel workbook... I tried changing the palette using Options - .. - Colors, but then I'd have to change c...

Help on adding the second trendline in a "lines on 2 axes" Chart via VBA
Hi, I have a problem to add the the second trendline in a "lines on 2 axes" Chart by using VBA. The result is snapshot here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/41664082@N00/1078015474/ As you see from this picture, the red trendline did not appear. In addition, even though I want to add the second trendline manually, I can not. I am not sure the reason. Here is the VBA code : Private Sub Draw_Graph_1() Dim RangeY1, RangeY2, RangeX As String Dim WS1 As String WS1 = ActiveSheet.Name RangeX = "=" & WS1 & "!R" & d1 & "C1:R" &...

Save only One Worksheet To Separate File
I need to place into a Word document, only one of several worksheets in a workbook. When I shade and save that worksheet, I get the entire workbook. Can someone please point me in the direction for these instructions. Hi Right-click on sheet tab and select 'Move or copy'. Check 'Create a copy' and in 'To book' field, select 'New Book'. OK You get a single-sheet new workbook. Save it under a new name. -- Arvi Laanemets (Don't use my reply address - it's spam-trap) "John Gregory" <jaygreg90@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ekPA9W...

Cells matching from one sheet to the next
I have two sheets in my book. I would like the amount that is in E26 in sheet 1 to automatically pull up in G13 of sheet 2. Can I put in a formula to do that? Thanks. -- Roz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Roz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29746 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497645 In cell G13 of Sheet 2 put this formula =Sheet1!E26 Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Roz" wrote: > > I have two sheets in my book. I would like the amount that is ...

MSExch2003 Cluster, change drive letters data path
I am wondering on the correct procedure for changing the drives for Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. The Exchange 2003 Clustered resource was created with a 'data path' = m:\exchsrvr This resulted in all of the databases, SMTP, MTA, Search folders being created within this folder. I can change the database directories using ESM, SMTP directories using ESM x.400 (MTA) directory using ESM I can change the MTA Run Directory by editing the registry when the server is active and manually changing the path I have not been able to change the Search directory (either by ed...

How long "IF" can work? -help
Hi, I'm using the "IF" command to automatically set my students gred from A,B+,B,C+,C,D, and F. It's all work well until this semester the institution revises the gredding scheme to A,A-,B+,B,B-,C+,C,C-,D+,D, and F. My problem is that I can't seems to program more than 8 (9 if including the final arguments) but i need to be able to put 11 arguments in the formula. Is 9 the final limit of the "IF" command in Excel 2000? How to overcome this problem and how about Excel 2002/XP? If anybody can clarify this? thank you. Fawaz, Malaysia. Try using VLOO...

How can I insert current date into Word table cell?
In Access and Excell, one can use the "Ctrl;" or "Ctrl Shift ;" to insert the current date and time into a field. how can I do the same in an MS Word table? Use a { DATE } field. Insert>Fields -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "tmullis" <tmullis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0793051B-A3F8-43BF-8355-1B5E3F0BF074@microsoft.com... > In Access and Excell, o...

Access to more than one business unit
We have 4 business units attached to the top level unit. I have a user who needs access to 2 business units. I don't want to put him on the top level unit as it will give him access to all 4 business unit data and I don't want to share the second business unit's record for what I know it only share the records one off means the new records that will be added won't be shared. Is there a way around to this issue? Thanks Jas ...

limit user access to one client machine
It has been a while. How do I limit user access (login) to only one client machine in AD in Windows 2003 server? Thanks, Dooma wrote: > It has been a while. How do I limit user access (login) to only one > client machine in AD in Windows 2003 server? > > Thanks, One specific machine or one machine per user at one time? -- /kj Bring up the user object within Active Directory Users and Computers, select the Account tab and click on the "Log On To" button. -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services MCITP - Enterprise Administrator MCTS,...

Global Change to Drop-Down Form Fields
I need to make a global change to a large number of Drop-Down form fields. They currently have the same values, I just want to change those values to something different. Anyone know how to do this? On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 06:05:42 -0800 (PST), iamnu <iamnubw@gmail.com> wrote: >I need to make a global change to a large number of Drop-Down form >fields. They currently have the same values, I just want to change >those values to something different. > >Anyone know how to do this? You can get your knickers in a twist trying to change specific entries, but it&#...

how can i copy formula?
hi, please help! my problem was i create a formula that gets the total sum from another workbook. i want to copy the formula and past to another cell but the only thing must change is the name of the workbook. example. i want to paste the formula of A1 to B1 and so on which autoamtically link to another workbook. Workbook1. sheet1 A1=sum of workbook2 B1=sum of workbook3 C1=sum of workbook4 Hi Jp Maybe you can use this example to do this http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jp" <jaypee2cool@yahoo.com> wrote in m...

excel changing last number
I'm sure this will turn out to be something very simple, but I can not figure it out yet! I am trying to enter a 16 digit number in my spreadsheet. Everytime I enter it it changes the last digit to 0 no matter what I put in it. If I only enter 15 of the digits, it works fine. It is driving me crazy! Any ideas? Thanks Donna you can only use 15 digits precision for numeric values but you might just want to enter a credit card number for storage, either precede the entry with an apostrophe ' or pre-format as text will work If you indeed need to make calculations with 16 digit numbers ...

Change Invoice Currency
Hallo, Do anybody know is there a way to customize invoices so I would be able to get money from invoices with different currency (or one currency which differs from the base one). Sincerely, Koistya `Navin http://navin.biz Maybe MS Money 2006 BE does have this feature? > Hallo, > > Do anybody know is there a way to customize invoices so I would be able to > get money from invoices with different currency (or one currency which > differs from the base one). Sincerely, Koistya `Navin http://navin.biz I'm currently using MS Money 2005 SB, and in my humble opini...

change autocomplete choice in to: cc: or bcc: fields
is there a way to change or remove a name that gets "autocompleted" in the to:, cc:, or bcc: fields? right now i have 2 entries that begin with "jennifer" and i'm always prompted with the one i don't want. is there a way to change this? thanks. ross You can just delete the one you don't want when it pops up. i realize that, but i'd like to change it to prompt me for the correct one. >-----Original Message----- >You can just delete the one you don't want when it pops up. >. > >i realize that, but i'd like to change it to pr...

how can I show 0 values in a pivot chart?
I want to see 0 values on my pivot table, ie: 10 8 6 x 4 x 2 x Jan Feb Mar June 6 4 0 2 But March lable disappears, I get: 10 8 6 x 4 x 2 x Jan Feb June 6 4 2 Can anyone help? Hi Liz, Turn on the Show items with no data option. What version of Excel are you using? -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "LizPM" wrote: > I want to see 0 values on my pivot table, ie: > 10 > 8 > 6 x > 4 x > 2 x > Jan Feb Mar June > > 6 4 0 2 > But March lable disappears, I get: > > 10 > 8 ...

Can't access global access list
Hi, We are in the process of migrating from exchange 5.5 to 2003. We installed the exchange 2003 onto the same 5.5 site and are manually moving the users mailbox from 5.5 to 2003. for some reason, the people who are on the exchange 2003 can not access the global access list. Does anyone know the solutions to this? what do you mean by "cannot access"? when they select it in Outlook, what happens? do they just not see any entries, or is there an error? do you have the ADC installed and running? "It" <It@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5E9...

Changing default margins in text box
I would like to change the default margins in a text box. Help says to change them and then to click the box that says to change default, but that box does not check. Does anyone know how to change the margin defaults for text boxes? What version of Publisher are you using??? -- Hi Deacon Ken (deacken@airmail.net), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I would like to change the default margins in a text box. || Help says to change them and then to click the box that || says to change default, but that box does not check. Does || anyone know how to change the margin defaults f...

Change date format #2
I have a column in excel which outputs the date as: 1/1/2005, I would like the formatting to be as such: 2005-01-01. Ther are no formats built into excel to output the dates like this. Doe anyone have any ideas how I can accomplish the yyyy-mm-dd forma -- gplevriti ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gplevritis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39102 Hi Select your cells and press Ctrl-1 Select Custom on the number tab and select a forma...

How do I change the default # of copies to 1 in a specific file?
I have a file created by another user that is defaulting to print 7 copies instead of 1. How can I change this default back for this file only? Thank you! You might find something under Page Setup, Options. This varies with the printer driver but in my case I found the copies controlled under Advanced options for my driver. -- Jim "Brenda" <Brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:844371DA-E283-4D3D-ADFB-8A53B098C496@microsoft.com... |I have a file created by another user that is defaulting to print 7 copies | instead of 1. How can I change this default...

In Excel can I rotate a column from vertical to horizontal.
Data is exported into Excel as a vertical column, is it possible to rotate the column 90 deg to make it a horizontal row? Hi one option, select your data (as long as it's not more than 256 cells) and copy it click on a cell (e.g. A1) and choose edit / paste special - transpose You can then delete the original list Cheers JulieD "kend" <kend@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9321E71-2B36-4C6D-A72A-8DB0F8128C56@microsoft.com... > Data is exported into Excel as a vertical column, is it possible to rotate > the column 90 deg to make it a horizontal ...

Changing starting page numbers
Hos do I change starting page numbers in a Publisher 2002 Newsletter? Menu INSERT then SECTION (2nd item down) -- ...

Email status is already changed to forwarding icon
Hi, I have one issue. one email status in my inbox is already changed to forwarding icon. But I did not forward this email, and couldnot find any particular email sent in the sent items folder. There is not any rules applied. We use Windows SBS2003 and outlook 2003. Does someone here help me to fix this issue? Many thanks in advance. "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8D7B67E-BBC4-470B-A78E-C16A15BCBF6F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have one issue. one email status in my inbox is already changed to > forwa...