can the doughnut chart key be in words

i have a balance sheet the has to be presented in a doughunt chart but the
key has to be in words.

using office 2003. if it is possible please could i have a step by step
explanation
0
class (1)

Hi,

The key will display the text you specify as the Name of the series.
Normally the text is held within a cell at the head of each data series.
You can use the Source Data dialog to set the Name of each series,
either as a reference to a cell or text.
Right click chart and pick Source Data...
On the series tab is the place to change the Name.

Cheers
Andy

lili class wrote:
> i have a balance sheet the has to be presented in a doughunt chart but the
> key has to be in words.
>
> using office 2003. if it is possible please could i have a step by step
> explanation
0
andy9699 (3616)
12/29/2007 9:25:05 AM
Hi lili,

>i have a balance sheet the has to be presented in a doughunt chart but the
> key has to be in words.
>
> using office 2003. if it is possible please could i have a step by step
> explanation

If the data looks like this;

Col A   Col B
Eenie      20
Meenie   12
Miinie     40
Mo         25

Then select both columns, use menu item Insert -> Chart -> Doughnut and
click Finish.
The resulting doughnut chart will show a legend with the label in Col A for
each value.

Right-click the doughnut, select Format Data Series, click the Data Labels
tab, check the 'Category name' box.
That will show the data labels inside the doughnut.

Does this help?

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

0
ed5690 (69)

pivot chart, mean and standard error
hello, I'm using a pivot table to calculate the mean and the stdevp of values collected in different condition. My problem is to draw the corresponding chart for the means of the values, and using the stdevp values for the error bars. Using a stacked histogram, I have something which resembles to what I would like but I would prefer to have a classical error bar. Is there a way to manage ? I want to keep something automatic and not static, with a copy/paste values to draw manually my charts. Thanks for your help -- Misange migrateuse http://www.excelabo.net mail : http://cerbermail.c...

How do I save a Word doc to the epub format?
Is there a download for this? Try Google: epub format... Roughly 1,000,000 hits :-) Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/23/10 3:03 PM, in article 114A1769-E1F2-4EE1-A44E-38E2643F7699@microsoft.com, "Arnold" <Arnold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a download for this? ...

Stacked Line Chart
I have a chart that is predominately a stacked bar chart however I want to have 3 sections as a stacked line chart as the represent hours for the whole group. I can sucessfully set it for 2 stacked lines but when I add the 3rd line if it has either a blank or 0 in the cell it picks up the line from the previous stacked line. Is it possible to have 3 stacked lines? Sure it's possible, but I don't know what you mean, "it picks up the line from the previous stacked line". Stacked means each line's value is added to the previous total, so if the value of the third it...

Problems Printing a Linked Word document
I am having trouble printing a word document that has linked excel tables in it. When I print the document, some of the linked excel tables get skewed and distorted. However, they look normal on screen. What causes this? How can I fix it? -- jc ...

Windows Mail can't see incoming message
I thought I posted about this about a week ago, but I can't see my message anymore. I am on Vista Home Premium with Windows Mail. There was a particular incoming message, which I could see in my ISP's webmail and I could see on my local machine in MailWasher, but which was completely ignored by Windows Mail - it just didn't see it. That's still happening, but now there are three incoming messages behaving in this way. All are from the same site (user@site) but not all from the same user, and I have no problem with still other users at that site. What shou...

HOW CAN i DEVELOP A FORMULA THAT RESTRICY SYMBOLS CHARACTERS TO B
I am trying to developt a formula that restrict symbol characters to be entred as data, help me! This will limit data entry to alphanumeric characters: =SUMPRODUCT((MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("$1:$"&LEN(A1))),1)>="A")*(MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("$1:$"&LEN(A1))),1)<="Z")+ISNUMBER(-MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("$1:$"&LEN(A1))),1)))=LEN(A1) Are there any other characters which you may wish to enter? Steve D. "Rodrjua" <Rodrjua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61E5CBBC-B00E-4BCF-B46D-8A9B5D247836@micr...

How do I create an area and line combination chart?
I want tocreate a combination chart, using the chart types area and line, it is not listed as a custom type in Excel - is it possible? Hi, Ignore the built-in combinations and create your own. Start with creating a Line chart with your data. Then select the line series that you want as an area chart. Right click and pick Chart Type to select the required Area chart type. Cheers Andy Nuala wrote: > I want tocreate a combination chart, using the chart types area and line, it > is not listed as a custom type in Excel - is it possible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://ww...

New Chart in Excel 2007 is NOT showed unless preview
I have a sheet with multiple charts in Excel 2007 one of the new created charts is hidden when I open the file Unless preview is selected, then finally turned on BUT many formats are changed and objects on charts (titles,...) can not be moved ! what's wrong ? Make sure you have installed SP2 for Office 2007 as this fixes some (not all) chart problems best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Rolando" <Rolando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B0A3E5C-AABD-4982-962B-8C5C09A2CC5A@microsoft...

Default Word Attachment Opening View
How can I disable the default reading view in Word when opening an attachment? I have a client using Office 2003 with all Win Xp Updates and when opening an attachment the default Word View is the Reading 2 page view. He wants the older std Word print Layout view. Can this be changed? http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041122.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

How can I change background color of DateTimePicker?
I know that subj is possible because of Borland C++ Builder allow to change background color of DateTimePicker just assigning a color to Color property of TDateTimePicker component. When I try to make this subj using MFC I've got nothing. Can anybody help me? My code : m_date.Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | DTS_SHORTDATEFORMAT, CRect(36, 0, 116, topHeight), this, 1006); m_date.SetFormat("dd.MM.yyyy"); m_date.Invalidate(TRUE); CDC *dc=m_date.GetDC(); assert(dc->SelectObject(&greenBrush)); ReleaseDC(dc); With best regards, Sergiy Yakovyn. "Sergiy ...

why i can't see Send button in my outlook for applying a job in cr
why i can't see Send button in my outlook for applying a job in craiglist "ruchie" <ruchie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56CA25CA-151E-4488-81A2-28805B4E5F80@microsoft.com... > why i can't see Send button in my outlook for applying a job in craiglist Did you set up an email account in Outlook? ...

Can't shut down outlook
When I shut down my computer after having used my outlook program I have been getting an "end program" notice for outlook.exe giving me a few seconds to click "end now" before I can shut down. I have closed outlook and all other programs before I shut down. I ran outlook "detect and repair" but to no avail. Windows seems to think that outlook is still running when I shut down. What should I do? ...

Stock High-Low-Close Chart
Is it possible to produce a Hi-Lo-Close chart with reversed axes - ie with the Hi-Lo bars horizontal rather than vertical? The normal HLC chart has stocks listed along the x axis and price up the y axis. How would I switch this around? I want to display a series of stocks listed down the y axis and the hilo price range given across the x-axis. Thanks for any advice on this. Tim, Assuming your data is first set up like this and cover the range A1:D8: High Close Low Conoco 41 39.5 38 Exxon 42 40.5 39 Shell 41 39.5 38 Baker 40 38.5 37 Halliburton 39 37.5 36 Marathon 40 38.5 37 Diamond 40...

Microsoft Word Interface Not Registered Error after Sending Email from Outlook
Hi, Does anyone know how to fix the following error message. After I try sending an email from Outlook, I get a error message that reads: "Microsoft Word Interface not Registered". Thanks, Art ...

Macro to Print labels in Word
Does anybody know of an Outlook (2003) macro that has been written to print labels in Word (2003)? If there is one, it might be listed at http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm . You can also just use a mail merge, you know. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Bob S" <drbobsing@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ehiHZJeXEHA.2952@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know of an Outlook (2003) macro that has been ...

Word 2007 startup slow after installing Windows 7
Why only Word and not Excell and PowerPoint? Do you have a printer installed? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Poul Erik" <Poul Erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8832AE61-8707-439D-9761-D75C9AC6C1BC@microsoft.com... > Why only Word and not Excell and PowerPoint? ...

Convert to word / excel
in access 03, i could run a report then export it to word or excel, however i cannot seem to be able to do it with access 07, HELP!! -- Lois On the ribbon, select the External Data tab. There is an Excel icon on the Export group. "Lois" wrote: > in access 03, i could run a report then export it to word or excel, however i > cannot seem to be able to do it with access 07, HELP!! > -- > Lois ...

How can I just count the records where the check boxes are "No"
I have a audit form and when something is not completed then it is not checked. I need to have a total at the end of each item to count how many records are out of compliance. Please HELP need by this afternoon Julie Gilliam <Julie Gilliam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a audit form and when something is not completed then it is not >checked. I need to have a total at the end of each item to count how many >records are out of compliance. Use a text box with an expression like any of: =Count(IIf([check field], Null, 0)) or =Sum(IIf([check field...

How can you tell "To" address used for spam?
I have a few exchange email addresses on my account. Spam level is to the point that I want to delete the affected account. How can I tell which address is being used? Nick You mean you have multiple addresses for the same mailbox? The easiest way to pin-point the address would be the create multiple mailboxes for these addresses. Emails will get sorted for you automatically. -- Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Nick" <nickmirro@spamarrest.com> wrote in message...

Re: How can I search for a ? in Publisher?
I just sent my suggestion to the shredder. <G> -- Don - Vancouver, USA "May your shadow be found in happy places." - Native North American "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message news:... >I see you problem; don't know if your search can be done in Publisher but >here's a way of finding the "?s" in your file. > > Save the file as a PDF and do the search in your PDF viewer program. This > works for me using PDF-XChange to create the file and PDF-XChange Viewer > to do the searching....

Can't open XP file in Windows
We have XP machines and Windows machines. A Publisher file was created in XP and I am unable to open it in Windows. The error message is "You cannot open a file from a different version". I would appreciate any assistance on this issue. Hi gwen (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || We have XP machines and Windows machines. A Publisher file || was created in XP and I am unable to open it in Windows. || The error message is "You cannot open a file from a || different version". I would appreciate any assistance on || this issu...

who can I protect with password the Interchange entry
Hi, I'm trying to protect the Interchange entry with a password, in GP8 I used the general password but, I did update to GP9 and this protection was eliminated and all the user can change or entry a new interchange rate. Who can protect this?. Armando Sanchez This was removed in GP 9.0 because it was accidently added to the window in 8.0 (it wasn't previously). You can use regular GP security to keep everyone you want out of the window. The only other solutions I can think of are: 1. Dexterity customization - pretty easy 2. VBA coding but not as secure but would work. 3. I thi...

Sometimes can see all text in a cell, sometimes not.
Hello On Sheet1, I can see all text in cells that have lots of text in them, but have cells to the right that are empty. On Sheet 2, I pasted the following formula into cell A1, and copied this into all of the cells on Sheet2: =IF(Sheet1!A1=0,"",Sheet1!A1) Now I can't see all of the text in a cell, even if the cell to the right of it is empty. Is there anything that can be done? I am copying these cells and pasting them into Word as a picture. Thanks! Its because if you type text into a cell it will spill over into empty cells so it can be read. If you then enter in a...

Is there a way to export Word Quick Styles to another computer?
Is there a way to export Word Quick Styles to another computer so you don't have to re-creat them? Custom Quick Style sets are stored as *.dotx files in the %appdata%\Microsoft\QuickStyles folder. Just make a copy of the file and paste it into that same location on the other computer. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Joe" wrote: > Is there a way to export Word Quick Styles to another computer so you don't > have to re-creat them? ...

Can I purchase just Outlook 2007 without the entire office?
I want only Outlook 2007, so that I can synch with my Motorola Q. Will this product work alone? I have the trial version and it seems to work, but it's the trial of the entire office suite. Is there anywhere I can download Outlook instead of getting it mailed to me? I have tried Microsoft but they only offer full suite downloads. Thanks Joey Joey wrote: > I want only Outlook 2007, so that I can synch with my Motorola Q. > Will this product work alone? I have the trial version and it seems > to work, but it's the trial of the entire office suite. Is there > anywhere I ...