Can't set default type to "Clustered Column"

Hello.

I can create a default chart type for ANY of the types/sub-types EXCEPT
for Column/Clustered Column.

When I select an existing chart and change it to Column/Clustered
Column, and then set it as the default, the existing chart will change
to the new style, but for any successive charts, Excel reverts back to
the Column/Stacked Column style.

For any other type (Bar, Pie, etc., etc.), existing and successive
charts will appear as I've set them.  I just can't get Excel to keep my
default selection of Column/Clustered Column.

Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening, and what I might be
able to do to fix it?

Many thanks.

Clustered Column Chart with Second Axis
I have a clustered column chart with 5 sets of A-B data, as follows: Code ------------------- Orchard Traditional Cash Outlay 600,000 500,000 Cash Returned 1,550,805 635,219 Capital Gain 950,805 135,219 Gross Return (%) 158.5% 27.0% Annualized Return (%) 26.8% 6.2% ------------------- I want to do a clustered column chart comparing the two data serie ("Orchard" and "Traditional") for each category ("Cash Outlay", "Cas Returned", ...

Clustered column chart
What is a Clustered column chart and how do I access or create one? Thanks in advanced ...

Creating a clustered column chart
I need to create a bar-bar graph with a secondary axis. When I try to add the second axis, it puts the two bar graphs on top of each other like a stacked column graph. I need two distinct bar graphs with 2 differ vertical axes. How can I do this? Thanks. Try this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Unfortunately it's difficult to avoid confusion between the axes, for the people looking at your chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "laure...

Combine Clustered Column and Stacked Column
Is there any way to combine clustered column and stacked column on the same chart. For each month in the year I have three bars I wish to show side by side, and within each bar I would like to have two divisions that are stacked. For example, suppose I asked three questions of an audience each month, with possible answers (Yes, No, Maybe). Now I want to plot the percentage of Yeses and Nos for each question for each month. Thanks! Mike - Through careful arrangement of the data in your worksheet, you can make a stacked column chart that looks like a clustered-stacked column chart....

stacked and clustered column with a line
I have created a stacked and clustered column chart but now I would like to add a line to that chart. Is that possible? Add the data to the chart (copy the range, use Paste Special on the Edit menu to add it as a new series). Whatever type series it appears as, select the series, choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and select the line type you want. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ EAF wrote: > I have created a stacked and clustered column chart but > now I would like to ...

Combine Clustered Column Bar charts and Stacked column bar charts
Hi, Is there any facility in excel to combine two sub-chart types in excel? Regards Richard It's not built into Excel, but it's easy enough to fake: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E1F3C00-AEF8-406C-812D-9BE97AF7D295@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Is there any facility in excel to combine two sub-chart types in excel? > Regards > Richard ...

Clustered Column on 2 Axis...How?
Hi there, I am looking for a little help here with a graph. I am trying to create clustered column graph with 2 Y axis. But whenever I add the second axis it stacks the 2 columns rather than leaving them sitting next to each other. Some details are. 2 Products. Sales figures for each month. Product A sells in the thousands whilst Product B sells in the hundreds. So if I have one scale then Product B doesn't even appear on the chart. Any ideas how I can do this without the columns stacking? Cheers Andrew B Hi Andrew B, Yes it is possible, you just need to add some dummy data to sp...

Can I combine a stacked and clustered column chart in Excel
I would like to have two columns on the same chart. One will be the amount of good parts produced by a machine. The other would be a stacked column of scrap parts produced by the machine. The scrap parts are seperated by certain defects, but I'd like to see their total compared to the total of good parts. a sort of sneaky way to do it is to set all of the data up with a blank cell between the machine data indicators. make a stacked chart of all of the data including the good parts. select the good part section and change the axis to secodary axis. then goto <chart><sourc...

Points Dimensions on a 3D Clustered Column Chart
Hi, Need some valuable help on this: I' ve got a 3D Clustered column Chart. I'd like to have the coordinates for each point in a particular series. It's like when you move the mouse over any point, it shows you a tip with the value and the name for that point. Well I Need to have control on those coordinates to show a ListBox on top of the chart showing specific information according to the point the mouse is moving on. I've been going through this trying to find any tips but the information i got reffers to a 2D an scatter Charts, with 2 axis. Really appreciated thanks ...

Clustered column with secondary y-axis
I am comparing two attributes...say height and mass...of six different supplied products...say widgets. I would like to make a clustered column chart so that each product is side-by-side on the x-axis and that the attributes are indicated on the y-axis. The attributes, though, have different scales. For example, heights may range from 20 to 40 cm and masses may range from 250 to 500 grams. So if they are on the same y-axis, it is difficult to discern the difference in heights of the products (without perhaps dividing all masses by 10 which I'm not to keen on). No problem. I add ...

Data Labels on Clustered Column w/ 3D Visual effect #2
Clustered Columns can have Alignment as "Inside End" This doesn't seem possible with 3D Visual effect Is there a way to resolve this? Yes, use 2D charts. They provide a better representation of the values being plotted without the implied false third dimension. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ emwashburn wrote: > Clustered Columns can have Alignment as "Inside End" > > This doesn't seem possible with 3D Visual effect > > Is there a way to ...

Create a stacked, clustered column layout in excel?
I need to create a stacked, clustered column that will be in a presentation for my boss ... the best that I have been able to do is to manually draw the 3-D rectangles and superimpose them over the original chart. Any kind of help would be fantastic, Thanks! Here are links to a handful of examples: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html You should dispense with the 3D chart effects. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ FIF780 wrote: > I need to create a stack...

How to combine Clustered Column and Stacked Column charts in excel
For my project, I have Detail design, Development and Unit Testing phases. For a total of 10 different tasks, I want to compare the Planned against Actual dates of each phase. Basically want to combine Clustered Column and Stacked Column charts. How can I do this in MS Excel? Your help/suggestions are greatly appreciated. ...

combination of stacked and clustered column
Hi! Any ways to combine two types of chars: sgtacked columns and clustered columns? B.R GmA If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns. Bernard Liengme has an example and instructions on his site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm and Jon Peltier has links to other sites with information: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Grigori Margolin wrote: > Any ways to combine two types of chars: sgtacked columns and clustered > columns? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http:...

Axis change for stacked and clustered columns
Hi, I have 4 expense categories that I am comparing prior to budget to actuals (ie 3 stacked columns). In the same chart, I would like to have the same setup, but with YTD amounts. I can get it to work, but the problem is that the YTD values are obviously much larger and I need to get them onto the second axis - can anyone provide some guidance?! Mar Prior Mar Budget Mar Actual YTD Prior YTD Budget YTD Actual Sal 10 12 15 30 36 45 Occu 5 6 ...

Clustered column chart with stacked coumns
Is there a way to have a clustered column chart that has stacked columns? Thanks Hi Dave, Check Jon's page for an example. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Dave wrote: > Is there a way to have a clustered column chart that has stacked columns? > > Thanks -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Align Clustered Column Chart Category Axis Labels
I have a simple clustered column chart containing one series. Instead of the category X axis labels being directly aligned under each column, is there a way to align the labels directly under each major tick mark? In other words, I would like the X axis labels to appear under the right side of each column when the gap width is set to zero. Thanks for your help. Stephanie, You can do so by setting up a dummy X axis. This example explains how to put a colored quadrant together. You will specifically want to use the X axis techniques that are described in the example. http://www.pel...

I'm trying to change a clustered column to a stacked column
I click on clustered and the columns don't change to reflect the gradient What do you mean by "to reflect the gradient"? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "petty" <petty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58AC32B4-0445-4231-8914-6C17784782D8@microsoft.com... >I click on clustered and the columns don't change to reflect the gradient ...

Data Labels on Clustered Column w/ 3D Visual effect
Clustered Columns can have Alignment as "Inside End" This doesn't seem possible with 3D Visual effect Is there a way to resolve this? ...

Combine clustered column with stacked column?
Is it possible to combine a stacked and clustered column chart? I have 12 series with 9 categories. For each of the 9 categories, I want 4 clustered columns, each one of the four a stacked column of 3 of the series. I haven't figured out how to do this yet. Is this possible and if so, how? Thanks, Eric Eric - You can make a clustered stacked column chart through clever arrangement of your data in the worksheet. See the details at Stephen Bullen's site: http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting and look at the description for FunChart4 or at Bernard Liengme's si...

Clustered column with 2 different Y-axis
Hi. I'm trying to basically combine two bar charts. The values represented are dramatically different, so I'd like to use two y-axises (axi, what's plural??) However, the only chart is the column/line chart, which isn't what I need. Can anyone help? Thanks! Kristen Have a look here: peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "KristenGould" <KristenGould@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6F9EE25-25DF-4445-A137-A01199368E32@microsof...

2d-Column (Clustered Column) chart with Standard Deviation Bars
I have a 2-D clustered column chart that shows the mean value of 4 different samples using chunky blue coloured bars. What I would also like to do is, on the same graph, show the standard deviation of each sample on the relevant blue bar, such that a vertical line is inserted in the middle of each of the blue bars that shows 1 standard deviation up the way and one standard deviation down the way (i.e. so that it looks like 2 letter "T"'s, symmetrically above and below each other). I've not explained that very well but I hope someone knows roughly what I'm trying t...

Stacked/clustered column chart with a two vertical axes
Much has been discussed here about how to build this chart, but I haven't found anything explaining the possibility of combining it with a second y axis. I want to graph the advertising expenditure and gross rating points (what would be the return of investment on advertising) on television for three diaper brands by day part. Day parts would be represented by the different colors of which columns will consist. There are 5 of them: day, early, prime, late and over. For each brand, I want that two data columns show. The one to the right will represent the expenditure in $ and the one to the...

combo clustered column and stacked column chart
Hello, I want to make a combination of a clustered column and a stacked column chart. How can I do this? Jan I have some links to examples on this web page (why reinvent the wheel?): http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Jan wrote: > Hello, > > I want to make a combination of a clustered column and a stacked column > chart. How can I do this? > > Jan > > ...

Stacked column/Clustered column
Hi Is it possible to have a stacked column (group of) series and clustered column series on the same chart? Thanks Ben If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns. Bernard Liengme has an example and instructions on his site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm and the following MSKB article has an example: XL2000: Creating Charts with Multiple Groups of Stacked Bars http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=214119 Ben wrote: > Hi > Is it possible to have a stacked column (group of) series and clustered > colu...