Can't edit charts

For some reason, I can't edit any of the charts in an Excel 2007 file.  I
can't left-click or righ-click.
0
Anawynn (1)

Is the file "shared"?
Are sheet grouped together?
Have the sheets or charts been protected?

Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Anawynn" <Anawynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason, I can't edit any of the charts in an Excel 2007 file.  I
> can't left-click or righ-click.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

how to create a chart from a dynamic table of data?
hai!! i need to create a chart from a dynamic table,meaning that the table is auto-generated from database after clicking a button.This is my first time using macro in excel, so i'm not really well in it. my idea right now is using Chart.Add,but then i'm having problem on how to define the cells selection(i must do "the do..loop statement" rite?) ur help is very appreciated,tq! Use the macro recorder as a guide. When I record a macro to create a simple chart it looks like: Sub Macro1() ' Macro recorded 7/30/2007 by Jon Peltier ' Charts.Add ActiveChart.Ch...

Method for protecting cells which still allows quick editing
I’ve read a few posts on here and I think I’m pretty clear on determining which cells are locked for editing and which are unlocked for editing when a sheet is protected (tools-->protection-->protect sheet). I also know how to password protect a file for either opening or editing. What I am looking for is a method of edit protection for individual cells within a sheet (an entire column, really) which still allows for quick editing by approved individuals. Ex: a protected "signature" column that can be quickly edited by a few individuals. At this point, th...

chart resize macro #2
Hi all, I often have to put a large number of charts in a report that need to be the same size. I'd like to create a macro that automatically resizes selected charts rather than manually resizing each one. I've tried to record a macro where I select a chart and resize it but the resizing part doesn't seem to get recorded. Any idea on how I would do this? Thanks, Josh Sub ChartResize1024x768() Dim oCht As Chart Set oCht = ActiveChart oCht.Parent.Width = 768 '1024*.75=768 oCht.Parent.Height = 576 '768 *.75=576 End Sub Works perfectly. Thank...

[MS Graph] Cannot edit in the datasheets
Hello, We have a problem with Microsoft Graph (Office 2004 on Mac) opened by PowerPoint 2004. Sometime, it's impossible to edit the graph : I cannot modify the value in the datasheet. I can delete or paste a new value with the clipboard, but I cannot write anything with my keyboard. Sometime, closing MS Graph solve the problem, sometime no. Same thing with a system reboot. When restarting MS Graph or rebooting doesn't solve the problem, the only solution is... waiting. Yes, waiting.. It will works later when I will retry some hours later. The bug appear at least on 2 Mac on OSX...

How to insert a "Target" line into basic bar chart
Am looking for some info on how to insert a "Target" line into a bar chart. I have a basic chart and would like to put on top of the data a line from left to right which is the target, the bar data would indicate whether this was acheived or not. Am running office 2007. Any help appreciated. thanks From Jon Peltier's site Add a Horizontal Line to a Column or Line Chart: Error Bar Method. Double click on the resulting error bar, and on the Patterns tab, select a color and line style for the horizontal line. Here I've chosen a solid red line. ... peltiertech.com/Excel/C...

Labels on Bubble Charts
Does anybody have the macro to add labels in Bubble charts? Microsoft seems to have deleted the note on how to do it (located at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;KBERROR&style=error) , and I can't figure out how to get this information. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ -- View and post Excel related usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions at http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ------------------------------------------------ ...

POS 2.0
Hello, Could someone tell me how to edit a Sale on MS POS 2.0 after the receipt is printed? I will frequently need to include a "TIP" item after the fact... I already learned reading the posts that the integrated credit card processing does not support that, so I will continued using a stand-alone credit card terminal. Thanks in advance! Johann, Completed sales cannot be edited to include gratuity. This would have to be tracked apart from the transaction in POS. Jeff "Johann" <jgenutis@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#Ud8K6AdHHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx....

PO
Hi, Is there a table or field that shows when or who edited a PO? GP 9.0 Hung, Last Edited Date. Click on the expansion arrow next to the Date field in the PO header. You can also pull that field into a SmartList if you need to query a list of POs. User to Enter is another field available but I think it reflects the user that created the PO, not the last user to edit it. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com But the problem here is, I can only view the last edit and not all, kind of History of Edits on that PO. Well, I d...

(Stacked) Bar/colum chart
Hi all, I'm trying to create a chart that will show me the 2 bars sort of on top of each other, in the same column. So for example if I have a budget value of £500 and a spend of £300. The first £300 of the colum is one colour and the remaining other £200 is another colour. Its all on the one column. When i use the stacked column chart is does £300 in one colour and then £500 in another ontop of the £300 giving a total height for the colum of £800. All help is appreciated. -- _______________________ Naz, London Hi, Create yourself a cluster...

Charting Multiple Series Data with Dates?
Hello I am plotting 5 data series on the same line chart. Dates are plotted on the x axis and concentrations of chloride on the y axis. The dates are formatted like "5/12/2003" as "general" data in the "alignment" menu of "format". The trick is, each data set does not have the exact same date range. For example, one sampling site may have 10 data points that range from 4/2/1991 to 5/12/2003 where as another sampling site may have 12 data points ranging from 4/30/1991 to 5/1/2003. That is to say that the sampling dates for each sampling site are not ...

How to anchor data label show value option on Pivot Chart
I have a pivot chart and I like to show the data value above the column, however when I resort the chart with a new query, the data labels disappear and I have to go back through format data series/data labels/show value all over again. How do I get the data labels to stay and update automatically based on the new sort Leroy This is an admitted deficiency in pivot tables and charts. Next time you have to redo a chart's formatting, record a macra, then play it back every time after that. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Sol...

Crop out extra white space in chart
Hi everyone, I've created a stacked bar chart in excel 2007 but there is too much white space to the right of the chart. I try to click on the surrounding box to try to crop out the white space but this just squashes the chart and its text. Can someone tell me if there's a way to crop out the extra white space without effecting the size and proportions of the chart itself? Appreciate any help. Have you tried dragging the right border of the plot area? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "gwh" <...

I cannot edit in a cell
I have the " allow edit in cell" box cheked inder toolos - options, but when I double click in a cell I do not get a cursor. All the other spreadsheets in the workbook are ok. The sheet is not protected. Hi Kelli, Are you saying that the cursor completely disappears? Perhaps the cursor changed to another form. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/icons/pointers.jpg If it disappears, when does it come back? Look in the name box to the left of the formula bar, is the cell shown there visible. Right click on the sheettab, view code, are there any code there other than the Option E...

need to add colored horizontal line on chart to show cutoff level
I would like to add a colored horizintal line to my line chart to show a certain level that the data points should stay above. Coach - Try this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "CoachZ" <CoachZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:892C2A3A-0569-45A6-84FF-67A08A2C29DD@microsoft.com... >I would like to add a colored horizintal line to my line chart to show a > certain level that the data points should...

Help! Bullen's Scroll/Zoom chart
Hello - I was lucky enough to run across Stephen Bullen's Scroll/Zoom a chart (found here: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/FunChrt7.zip) -- it's almost exactly what I need. However, I'm hoping that someone can help me modify this chart to really get me where I want to be ... The charting technique that Stephen has allows users to Zoom/Scroll through a lengthy set of data -- the data is setup so that one column contains labels and one contains data, using OFFSET formulas to control the Zoom/Sroll feature. What I want to do is have SEVERAL columns make up my horizontal axis labels! ...

Help with setting up spreadsheet and charts please
Hi, I would be extremely grateful for some help with my spreadsheet. I have the following data which I need to use to produce charts for a hospital report fairly urgently. The rows are the names of patients. This could be up to 200 for each month, but this varies from month to month. I will have each month on a different worksheet. Column F - Ward Column G - Hospital Column K - I have a number 1 in the row if the patient meets the criteria I need to produce a chart(s) to show and compare the following: How many patients from each ward met the criteria (as indicated by 1 in column K) a...

Excel bounding boxes on chart data sources
Why don't Excel bounding boxes appear on some chart data sources? When I click on some charts, they appear, while other charts they don't. What setting controls this? Hi John, By "bounding boxes" I assume that you mean the highlight around the source data. One reason might be what you are selecting - for example, if you select the chart gridlines the highlight will not appear. Another reason - if you select a series on a pivot chart the corresponding range does not highlight. Also, if the source range is complex, for example a single series using non-contiguous...

MS Money 2000 Business Edition
I am looking for a way to use the customer addresses in Ms Money 2000 Buisness to do a mail out using MS Word. Any idea's? ...

combine 100% cumulated and column chart
Hi, could anybody please tell if the a/m possible? If so, how to do it? TIA, Jarek. U�ytkownik "Jarek Kujawa" <kujawa@nospam_polbox.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:O$YgoWLiDHA.1688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > could anybody please tell if the a/m possible? If so, how to do it? > > TIA, > Jarek. > > ...

30 Day Moving Average on 30 Day Bar Chart
Greetings: I want to add a 30 day moving average trendline to my 30 day bar chart. The problem is that to correctly com- pute the moving average for all 30 days, I need to use the last 60 days of data even though I only want to plot the last 30 days on the chart. How can I use the last 60 days of data to compute this trendline while only plotting the last 30 days as bars on the chart? Respectfully, Charles On Fri, 30 Mar 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Charles in Iraq <CharlesinIraq@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can I use the last 60 days of data to compute t...

I would like to format a dynamic chart title
Hello, I am using dynamic chart titels in Exel, but I would like to change the format of some letter (subscripted, bold, italic). I can change it in the linked cell, but is does not change in the chart title. Cony Cannot be done! -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fayiama" <fayiama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:092BE027-12C3-475B-A371-7D6ED72729A7@microsoft.com... > Hello, I am using dynamic chart titels in Exel, but I would like to change > the format of some letter (subscripted, bold, italic). I can change...

Editing Status.htm

How do I view today's date line on Gantt Chart?
I want to see a date line running vertically on the Gantt chart. This date line should keep track of today's date and keep on moving as per the date when the project plan is opened/viewed. Hi, Curious, by default it is there. If it isn't: Format Gridlines Select Current Date and choose a non-blank presentation. HTH -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf "Suraps" <Suraps@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEEDCE87-E...

Chart pattern fills in Publisher 2007
In creating an Excel Chart object directly in Publisher 2007, I'm unable to get pattern fills (for the bars in a bar chart, for example) despite the fact that I do have the Pattern Fill add-in for Excel 2007, and that it works in Excel. Within Publisher, I do get a misleading Pattern Fill option in the toolbar (under Chart Tools Layout and/or Format), but when I try to use it, I receive the error message: "Run-Time Error '-2147024891 (80070005)': Access Denied. You do not have enough privileges to complete this operation." As part of this error message, there ...

resize edit links Dialogue Box in Excel 2007
I am using Excel 2007 and wish to resize edit links Dialogue Box when there are multiple links to edit. Not able to do so unlike in Excel 2003. Is this is any limitation in Excel 2007 for this particular feature. Example if we have more than 80+ files which are linked and we cannot edit the links. Please let me the workaround. I am having the exact same problem - anybody have a solution? "Jagdeep" wrote: > I am using Excel 2007 and wish to resize edit links Dialogue Box when there > are multiple links to edit. Not able to do so unlike in Excel 2003. > Is this is any l...