Can Macro read line graphs?

Is there a way macro can read line graphs?
I have a graph with temperature along the bottom, weight along the left side
and in the the graph area there are several diagonal lines as pressure
altitude. By entering the graph at Temperature going straight up into the
graph to the correct pressure altitude then move left horizontally left and
that will give you the answer (weight).

--
WH99
0

Do you have formulas relating these numbers to each other? It would be
straightforward to solve these for the missing variable.

Trying to read values off a chart is not going to be easy. Tushar Mehta has
a kind of digitizing algorithm on his web site (http://tushar-mehta.com),
which I've never used, and I don't even know how he makes it work.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"WH99" <WH99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way macro can read line graphs?
> I have a graph with temperature along the bottom, weight along the left
> side
> and in the the graph area there are several diagonal lines as pressure
> altitude. By entering the graph at Temperature going straight up into the
> graph to the correct pressure altitude then move left horizontally left
> and
> that will give you the answer (weight).
>
> --
> WH99

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
10/10/2008 12:01:45 PM
Thanks Jon,
I see where your coming from!!!
I will try and figure out a formula for what I'm looking for.
--
WH99

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Do you have formulas relating these numbers to each other? It would be
> straightforward to solve these for the missing variable.
>
> Trying to read values off a chart is not going to be easy. Tushar Mehta has
> a kind of digitizing algorithm on his web site (http://tushar-mehta.com),
> which I've never used, and I don't even know how he makes it work.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "WH99" <WH99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way macro can read line graphs?
> > I have a graph with temperature along the bottom, weight along the left
> > side
> > and in the the graph area there are several diagonal lines as pressure
> > altitude. By entering the graph at Temperature going straight up into the
> > graph to the correct pressure altitude then move left horizontally left
> > and
> > that will give you the answer (weight).
> >
> > --
> > WH99

0
WH99 (4)

can't download pop3 email
This is my error message Task Receiving reported error 0x800CCC0F The connection to the server was interrupted If this problem continues contact your server administrator or your ISP The server responded +OK How do I fix this? What did your ISP say? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After scratching one's head, M Pond <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked this group: | This is my error mes...

Going off line from the client
Hi I have sucessfully installed the MSCRM server and client on a 2000 domain. The client and server installation work well and all records can be seen from the client, all shortcuts work. Both installations returned a successfull installation message The problem is that when going offline from the client - the domain is all of the sudden not availible or could not be contacted. The SQL Icon on the client (MSDE) shows a "not connected" status, and attempting to start the services (from the service control manager) generates an access denied error. The MSCRM user account is part of...

Excel macro to close powerpoint
I have an excel macro in excel 2000 which opens a powerpoint slide show. How do I get it to close powerpoint when the show finishes? Thankyou! :confused: -- sarahl ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sarahl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=490026 If you have a reference to the PowerPoint application, use the Quit method. PPT.Quit where PPT is your reference to PowerPoint. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson S...

Off Line Address Book
After upgrading Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003, my remote users are not able to Download the Off Line Address Book. The error that is received by the remote user is [Task "Microsoft Exchange Server" Reported Error (0x8004010F): 'The Operation Failed. An Object Could not be Found.'] Thank you for your support. Debi I have the same problem but have not yet taken care of it. ...made som research and found that others with the same problem have tried to reset site folders. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;273364 http://support.microsoft.com/default...

Can't accept request for meeting
Using Outlook 2k on a Windows 2K machine user cannot accept a request for a meeting. Likewise they cannot make a request; Outlook says that the meeting doesn't exist even though this is a request to create a new meeting. This problem has to be within the .pst file. It was preexisting on previous machine and followed when the .pst file was moved to a brand new machine with Win2k and Off2k freshly installed. The .pst file is very large, around 800MB. ...

WHY CAN'T I SEND MY E-MAILS? THEY WIND UP UNSENT IN OUTBOX.
Why can't I send my e-mails? The wind up unsent in outlook. Version? do they change when you look in the outbox? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/outbox.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "PatA" <PatA@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

How can I pre-filter a table that is used in a query in a live dat
How can I pre-filter a table that is used in a query in a live database? I have about 47 queries (SQL text in a memo field in a table) that all reference a few tables in the same database. I would like to limit the table’s data instead of re-writing all the queries to include further criteria. The queries are very complex and it is not desirable to re-write the queries and use parameters. This database is live on an ASP.NET web page and there may be multiple people viewing the reports which are using these queries. Since there are multiple users I can not simply copy the tables into ...

excel pivot table with sql query and visual basic macros
I have a pivot table that runs off a sql query, it has macros and parameters built into the report. It worked until the client updated their server and db software. When debugging this, on the module under the closedb it stops here: Sub CloseDB() 'IF CONNECTION IS OPEN IT NEEDS TO BE CLOSED SO AN ERROR IS NOT THROWN If rsData.State = 1 Then rsData.Close Set rsData = Nothing End If cnData.Close Set cnData = Nothing Set Cmd = Nothing End Sub Thanks ...

Can't open Cash Receipts Entry
Hi After I updated from GP 8 to GP 9 I can't open the Cash Receipts Entry form, the system comes with this message "Cannot access this form because the directory containing it is not loaded". Is there a way to fix this and if there is how ? Best regards Andreas Høyer The user do not have access to the window. Go to Advance Security and give them access to the Cash Receipts entry window. Gerald "Andreas Hoyer" wrote: > Hi > > After I updated from GP 8 to GP 9 I can't open the Cash Receipts Entry form, > the system comes with this messa...

Need to print all address lines on a 1099 form
In Great Plains Version 10, on the vendor card, under the address button, you are able to enter 3 lines of address information. However, when printing 1099's, only the first 2 lines of address information will print on the form. Since we utilize all 3 address lines, we had many 1099 forms returned as undeliverable this past year. According to our partner, Microsoft indicated that, currently, there is no way to print the third line of information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

Can I forward all messages received from a specific domain?
I'd like to set up a rule for an exchange user that forwards all mail they receive from a particular domain to another user's exchange mailbox. I tried setting up a rule where the "From" field was configured with a domain name only (From: specificdomain.com). I tested by having someone from that domain send an email to the user, but the rule did not fire; the message was never forwarded. Is there a valid syntax for creating a rule that should fire for all email from a particular domain? It's not practical in this case to set up multiple rules to fire on incom...

Create a Line Chart
I am having great difficulty trying to create a line chart in Access 2007. I have a report with the following fields: Staff_Component 1QTR 2QTR 3QTR 4QTR Operations 10 28 45 33 Can someone please explain to me how I can create a line chart? Thanks and Happy Holidays! *Glen* The report fields don't mean anything. You can generally add a chart control to your report and use the wizard to set up your chart properties. I expect you will need to update the Row Source property since the wizard often clobbers it. T...

Can I export Distribution Lists?
A different department has asked us for a copy of all our distribution lists, members of those lists, their smtp e-mail addresses, x500 addresses, as well as group owners and who has rights to send to thos lists. How do I get that? We have about 100 distribution lists each with about 100 users. We are running Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000. Thanks Hi Boe, - Scripting this would produce much more readable output. I was able to modify a script I wrote a while back for general use. Posted to blog: http://www.suneja.com/blog/2006/02/script-list-distribution-groups.html It doesn't hav...

how can make a mail copy to a group
i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users how can i do this ? i just know how to make a copy to one copy thx On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 01:03:12 +0800, "tequila" <tequila529@gmail.com> wrote: >i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 >if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users >how can i do this ? > >i just know how to make a copy to one copy >thx > > Have you looked at creating a Dirstribution Group within Active Directory Users & Computers? You can mail enable it and make a number of...

Can I open an imbedded word doc from a cmd button?
I would like to imbed a word doc in my db (in a form?) and open it with a cmd button (like a help document). Is this possible and if it is how is this done? Many thanks, Joe M. On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:24:10 -0800, Joe M. wrote: > I would like to imbed a word doc in my db (in a form?) and open it with a cmd > button (like a help document). Is this possible and if it is how is this done? > > Many thanks, > Joe M. Why do you need to embed a document in your database? Store the document in a folder on your hard drive. Then open it from a command button whenever ...

charting a single bar graph on one line showing continuous info
I must do a time graph showing total workhours with tick marks showing begin and end of tours on a dialy basis. I cannot get the custom or standard chart graph functions to do this without putting in all of the data. I just want the begin tour and end tour of each person. can you help. thx debi ...

DOC 11 ERROR: Price level GENERAL specified on line 5 for item
I can't seems to find out what's wrong. I've gone through everything I can possibly think. HELP! Integrating SOP to GP. Item is corectly entered. Has U of M specified. Price list has that specified too. I even force a constant in the integration but still..... DOC 11 ERROR: Price level GENERAL specified on line 5 for item 5737 is not assigned to the current U of M. ...

can't print
why every time i'm using excel i can't print???? Because you dont have a printer? Seriously -- you need to be a tad more explicit in relating your problems Do you have a printer hooked up? Is it on? Have you verified that the printer is installed on your computer? Can you print from other programs? Do you have this printer selected as default printer in Excel? Do you get any error messages? If so, what do they say? "Artur Almeida" <arturalmeida@mail.com> wrote in message news:097b01c3b9a0$9aa1d970$a501280a@phx.gbl... : why every time i'm using excel i can'...

how can you change a "bitmap" to a jpeg??
After taking digital pictures in BITMAP, how can I change them to JPEGS? "TRM" <TRM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5C091D7-377B-4F2F-A7BF-84794BC84F38@microsoft.com... > After taking digital pictures in BITMAP, how can I change them to > JPEGS? Get XnView or IrfanView. Both are free. Then use Save As and select the format. -- _________________________________________________________________ ******** Post replies to newsgroup - Share with others ******** Email: lh_811newsATyahooDOTcom and append "=NEWS=" to Subject. _________________...

Overlay 4 years of data as a line on 4 years of columns for several x category labels
Dear Charting aficianados, The tutorial at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ClusterColAndLine.html is the closest example I can find to a charting conundrum I am facing, though what I am hoping to achieve is still a little different. I've made a mock up of what I'm hoping to achieve - though I have had to use drawing objects for the line series, to overlay on the columns - I'm sure there is a way to get excel to do this - do you think there is? (sheet named mock-up) A workbook with mocuk-up and my other charting attmempts can be found: http://www.savefile.com/files/2690840 T...

How can you see the name of the person who has a shared document .
I deal with a lot of group folders and spreadsheets. If I try to open up a spreadsheet that is already openend by someone, a pop-up tells me that "abc123.xls is locked for editing by "xxx"." How can I get the person's name to show up instead of it being blank? Thank-you, Megan mac981, The name is the name the software is registered under (during installation). if that's not provided (left blank) during the installation, it'll show up blank. It's not too easy to change it.. you'll have to do that thru the registry. "missmac981" ...

Can I Invite a Public Calendar on an Email?
I would like to be able to add an appointment to my personal calendar and invite the public calendar too to get that appointment into the public calendar. I have read that this is possible because all public folders have an email address, but I have not been able to figure out how to do this. Thanks! right click on the pf calendar and choose properties - there is an option to add the calendar to your address book. you can also guess at the address - many times the folder name is the email alias - if its longer than 8 characters, try the first 8. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Autho...

an outlook2000 macro programming question.....
an outlook2000 macro programming question..... I created a user-defind field "price" in outlook2000 "task", I want to count the all item of "price" field, and I know Excel can do this perfect, but when I export outlook "task" to an Excel file, the "price" field can't be converted , Outlook2000 can't convert user-defined field, so I try to find another way to do this statistic work, anybody know if Outlook2000's macro programming can do this? ...

I CAN NOT FEEL MY FEET
I CAN NOT FEEL MY FEET ...

Macro & Protect Commands
I am having a problem with the excel 'protect sheet' and 'macro' functions in Excel 2002. For some reason they are greyed out (not available) in the tools pull down menu. I have already tried the macro security settings and that is not it. Some additional information: I am not able to right-click on the worksheet tabs and if I log in under a different user name the functions are available. I have tried reinstalling office and it didn't help. I know it must be something in my user settings but I am not aware where to go to change settings concerning Excel. A...