Can i use a formula in the excel chart wizard?

I am creating a coursework in which i have to analyse a lot of data in the
spreadsheet. it is already cluttered with columns and i dont want to add
extra columns to add to the clutter. i was wondering whether there is a way
to plot absolute values of a column without changing the actual values in the
column or creating a new column using ABS() function.

Thanx

You can't use formulas in the reference boxes in the chart wizard. You
can only use range references or defined names.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

On 3/3/2010 10:34 PM, IhateWORK wrote:
> I am creating a coursework in which i have to analyse a lot of data in the
> spreadsheet. it is already cluttered with columns and i dont want to add
> extra columns to add to the clutter. i was wondering whether there is a way
> to plot absolute values of a column without changing the actual values in the
> column or creating a new column using ABS() function.
>
> Thanx
0
Jon

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Where can I download 'USBSTOR.SYS' file
I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is needed. Type the path where the file is located and then click OK." I don't where I can find this file. Can I download it from Microsoft's web site? On 18-01-10 02:48, Kim M Wagie wrote: > I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I > receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP > Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is need...

Count If Formula #4

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Formula for Game Spreadsheet
I am currenly playing a game of Ars Magica. I am using a spreadsheet to compute the info for my character. I am having a probllem with the casting total for spells related to a paticular character. The Formula is as follows : =IF(H13="","--",IF(J13="",INDIRECT(H13),MIN(INDIRECT(H13),INDIRECT(LEFT(J13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(J13,2))))+IF(K13="",INDIRECT(I13),MIN(INDIRECT(I13),INDIRECT(LEFT(K13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(K13,2))))+Sta+IF(N13="",0,$H$2)) I am trying to compute the casting total for the spells castable by this character. The total for the ...

learning Excel #3

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

using the journal on outlook

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...

Excel VBA