Can I create an Excel chart with two x-axes?

I'm trying to plot a few series of data against depth.  Hence it would look
much better to have depth on the y-axis and the variables on the x-axis.

However I still need different scales for the variables to make this really
work.

Help!
0
ellmcg (8)

Hi,

Here's an explanation of how to get 2 x-axis.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"ellmcg" <ellmcg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to plot a few series of data against depth.  Hence it would
> look
> much better to have depth on the y-axis and the variables on the x-axis.
>
> However I still need different scales for the variables to make this
> really
> work.

If you select the series for you wish to use a secondary axis (using "Format
Data Series", then "Axes") it will initially provide a secondary y-axis, but
if you then go to "Chart Options" and then "Axes", it will allow you to
choose a secondary x-axis (and unselect the secondary y-axis if you wish to
do so).
--
David Biddulph

0
david4578 (116)

Counting number of X's in a column

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Excel 2007

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Creating new attributes

adding name /creating field/query?

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

can't customize toolbar

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Reverse created rules
I inadvertantly created a rule to automatically send emails from an email address directly into the deleted files. How do I reverse or delete the rule for this sender??????? If this is Outlook then select the Tools Menu > Rules Wizard > locate the Rule and delete it, if its Outlook Express then go to Tools > Message Rules "joebzii@everestkc.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c12401c4218b$fa8e7f70$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I inadvertantly created a rule to automatically send > emails from an email address directly into the deleted &...