Can I change the default syle for a chart?

I have toyed around with using macros to reformat data, but what I would
really like to do is make a particular format the default, but can't seem to
find out how to do that.
0
Finch (1)

Select a chart in your workbook
Choose Chart>Chart Type

Select one of the chart types and subtypes, then click
    'Set as default chart'
OR
Select the Custom Types tab, and set one of the built-in or
   user-defined charts as the default

Jon Peltier has information on custom chart types on his web site:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

How can i move a macro from one computer to another
i would like to move a macro from one computer to another i Excel Macros live in excel workbooks. So you can just copy that workbook with the macro to the other pc and open it there. TorToms wrote: > > i would like to move a macro from one computer to another i Excel -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Or you could export the module containing the macro as a *.BAS file, email it to other computer then import to another workbook. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 07:05:48 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com> wrote: >Macros live in excel workbooks. > >So ...

Can you ignore table validation on query append?
Hello, I have a table that has validation: IIf([Document 1] Is Null,[Document 2] Is Not Null And [Document 3] Is Not Null,IIf([Document 1] Is Not Null,[Document 2] Is Null And [Document 3] Is Null)) This is because when my user fills out their form, they must select one choice from List A OR one item from List B and one item from list C. My problem is that I have an append query to add any new hires to the table in an autoexec. The append query is failing because I am not updating any data for the above Documents. Is there anyway for me to get around the table validation on my append? Any ...

Can't display all text in cell
I'm trying to display text in a cell. I've got Wrap Text on, and I hav several paragraphs of text. All of it appears in the formula bar, bu not in the cell displayed on the screen. And yes, I increased the ro height, but it still doesn't show. Any ideas? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am having the same problem. Apparantly there is a 1024 character limitation per cel in excel. The only advice I have received so far, which does work, is to press alt+enter to create a line break. If you find another work around, I would be interested. Hi besid...

Changing start date
Scenario: In OL 2003, I have an event that's two weeks long, starting June 1 and ending June 14. I want to change the start date to May 27 but leave the end date alone. If I change the start date, OL automatically changes the end date to preserve the two-week duration. Is there a way to change the start date without affecting the end date? Richard Evans <infodex@mindspring.com> wrote: > In OL 2003, I have an event that's two weeks long, starting June 1 and > ending June 14. I want to change the start date to May 27 but leave > the end date alone. If I change the s...

Macro to create a new chart
I've been using this code for a while to easily create a new chart. However just recently has stopped working. It now created a "default" excel chart as a new tab in the workbook. Any suggestions? '******************************************************************** 'Creates 2 data series horizontal bar chart '******************************************************************** Dim myShtName As String myShtName = ActiveSheet.Name Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlBarClustered 'Creates Stacked bar ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Rng, ...

Pivot chart: get rid of zeroes?
Hi, I have created a pivot chart using a pivot table. However I want the zeroes to be NULLs so they are displayed on the graph. Unfortunately I cannot see how to do this; could someone please help? I have tried the Table Option checkboxes in the bottom right corner to no avail. Thanks Sorry, that should read NOT displayed on graphs "Phil Davy" wrote: > Hi, > > I have created a pivot chart using a pivot table. > > However I want the zeroes to be NULLs so they are displayed on the graph. > > Unfortunately I cannot see how to do this; could someone p...

Saving chart as an image file
I want to create a pie chart in Microsoft Excel, then save it as an image file (.jpg or .gif) so I can put it on a website. How do I do this? Secondly, as I create my pie chart, how do I set my data labels? I want to change them from the default (numbers) to my own description for each slice. Jon Peltier has some instructions in his Excel Charting FAQ article for exporting a chart in gif format: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon008 To add your own labels to the chart, you can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler. It's a free add-in that yo...

Chart Y-axis definition. Limitation for Maximum characters ?
Hi, I encountered a strange problem (I believe every problem poser must be saying so.....) I was defining the range of y axis value in a Chart. The cells used in ranges were not together and hence in disparate places. So with Ctrl pressed I would select the cells I want. This way the name of the worksheet was also coming in the chart defining range. I had around 8 data points and hence 8 different cells. Now when selecting the cells one by one when I got to the 7th one Excel wasnt selecting it. I mean I used to select it and then put a comma and then click on the 7th cell and again a comma...

Default Value ComboBox with SQL RowSource
I've been searching through the groups for ways to solve this, but I'm not getting it somehow. I have a combobox with an SQL rowsource and what I want to do it set the default value to the first item in the rowsource. Nothing I do seems to help. I've tried : =Me!lstTerminal.ItemData(0) in the default property =Me.lstTerminal.ItemData(0) in the default property I've tried placing Me.lstTerminal.DefaultValue = Me.lstTerminal.ItemData(0) as a form property for GotFocus. I'm out of ideas, whenever i bring up my form, it's blank until I select :( Any thoughts? Darien ...

SBS 2008 keeps losing default gateway
Strangely enough "route print" shows a default route, but the default gateway is missing in the network connection properties, and I have to manually reenter it to restore Internet connectivity. Anyone got any ideas what's up? Possibly related is that the Internet router actually tries to proxy ARP for all IP addresses, which rather confused the configuration wizard. If it happens again, open regedit, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\<GUID>\DefaultGateway and double click the DefaultGateway value....

Custom made default scatter plot only works for one session
When I create a custom scatter plot and make it my default chart it works as long as I keep excel open. If I close excel, re-open it and try to use my default plot again the plot displays with all the information squeezed up against the upper edge of the chart window. ...

Excel document changes format
Hi, I have an Excel document that changes format unexpectedly. It seems to change the format of the document eventhough i saved it. I have to resize the windows of the bar graphs, etc. It just doesn't save it the way i want. I re-installed MSOffice and re-did the NT profile, but still persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Excel does seem to have problems if the screen zoom is anything othe than 100%. Usually changing to 100 and back resets he screen display -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Can't find CD/DVDdrive
My DVD drives have disappeared. they don't show as hardware in control panel. Working fine yesterday - no software changes made. Both have power to them. I've unplugged everything and put a new lead from them to the motherboard. Doesn't appear to be anything physical. Followed various posts on this site. Mr Fixit recognises the problem but can't fix it. Went into registry. Higher filters there but no lower filters. Any suggestions? On 06/20/2010 05:13 AM, Philx5 wrote: > My DVD drives have disappeared. they don't show as hardware in control panel. ...

MAPI send message with Outlook 97 defaults font to Arial despite what was configured...
Hi, I'm using Outlook 97 with MAPI. I configured Outlook to create new e-mails with Courier New font. It works Ok. But when creating the new e-mail through MAPI, it appears the with the default Arial font. How can I force MAPI to open the mail window with Courier New? Is it a MAPI issue or an Outlook issue? Thanks in advance. Faustino ...

Can't send large attachments
I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of outgoing attachments. My ISP has a 10mb limit but Outlook seems to balk at anything larger than 2mb. Anyone? -- Nadyne Nelson nadyne@prospectiveplanning.com Nadyne on MSN Messenger Cable/DSL or dialup? If Cable/DSL, are you behind a router (Linksys) that lets you share a single IP address with many computers? "Nadyne Nelson" <nadyne@verizon.net> wrote in message news:Sizgc.19499$G_.13360@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > > I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of ...

can you date time stamp entries in excel
is it possible that when someone puts an entry on a shared worksheet in excel it can automatically date and time stamp their entry. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyy hh:mm") End With End If ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be 'placed in the appropriate ...

Outlook defaults to Exchange as SMTP
We have SBS 2k3 w/ Exchange sp2. Our users are configured to get email via Exhange and send out via POP. The problem is when people are forwarding or responding to e-mail - It gets routed through the Exchange server "by accident" even though their accounts are configured with the POP3/SMTP set to default. Undeliverable messages get bounced back. This has been going on for quite some time and we can't find any fix. Help please! Don't do that. Outlook doesn't usually work right when you mix MAPI and POP. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world fro...

How can I access a file in Outlook Public Folder by VBscript
It does not have to be VBscript.. I need sync the file with my local harddrive... Thanks. Nix wrote: > It does not have to be VBscript.. > I need sync the file with my local harddrive... > > Thanks. Why does it need to be a script at all? You can add your public folder to your PF\Favorites (drag it there) and include it in your send/receive settings for offline use with your OST file. ...

VFW webcam
Hi, I'm using Video For Windows to capture images from creative webcam in my application. This is giving me image in size 640x480. However, i need image in landscape resolution where width is less than height. I tried to squeeze the captured image but its distorting it badly. Any ideas how can we capture images from webcam in desired resolution? Thanks, neo see the amcap sample in DirectShow SDK -- Regards Sheng Jiang Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Visual C++ http://www.jiangsheng.net http://blog.joycode.com/jiangsheng/ <dhapola@yahoo.com> ???? news:1160125564.284431....

How can you enable a combobox to be "tabbed" or entered out of?
I am trying to allow users to tab in to a combobox and then tab/enter out after a selection is made. Right now you have to use the mouse to enter the combobox (tabbing goes to the cell underneath it) and after you make a selection, its like you're stuck in the box - you can only get out by using the mouse or pressing escape (which then brings you to the last cell you were in). Is there a way to fix this? ...

Getting Combo boxes to change options based on other Combo boxes.
Using Excel 2007. I am trying to create either Form Control Combo Boxes or ActiveX Combo Boxes that will change the selectable options based on selections made in previous combo boxes. I am having a hard time finding any information that will work for me. Can someone tell me how to make 5 combo boxes change available listed options when specific options are selected in another combo box? Please? I've been working on this for a very long time without success. I've tried using Data Validation, but my formulas are too long for all the different possible combinations. You are...

Can I use Rule to move digitally signed messages to separate folder?
Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed messages? Thanks in advance. deko <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder > using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed > messages? I don't see that as a selection criterion in the Rules wizard. -- Brian Tillman ...

change font size of first character
I have a template that allows users to print business cards. It displays a form where they enter their name and three other lines of text. I would like to increase the font size of the first character in each word if the user enters the text in upper case. The code I'm using to capture the text from the form is: With ActiveDocument For intLoop1 = 1 To 10 .Bookmarks("Name" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2)).Range.InsertBefore txtName .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "a").Range.InsertBef...

How can I customize the right-click context menu in Word 2007
I use cut & paste of imported text a lot in both Word 2007 and Excel 2007. In Excel the right-click context menu includes Paste Special; in Word it does not. How can I add Paste Special to the Word context menu? See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Word2007_SC_Menu_Programatically.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Steve Samson" <SteveSamson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A20FD91E-CFE2-402A-8A54-9F58880A3126@micros...

I can't see the image picture from the manager program
Using the Manager - Item Properties - Special Tab You can select the picture files that reside in the associated folder that is set by the Adminastrator - paths - pictures - folder location. The files sit on the backoffice PC and I can see the selected picture in the little window, via the Manager program no problem. At the Inventory PC, I set the Admin program to look at the server and file paths are set. I can see the picture files and select them but no image shows up in the little window. Anybody got any ideas what is causing this? Moe Register is looking local for photos, needs to ...